Central Lakes College Employee Reviews

security officer at my college
Assist the professional staff (Former Employee) –  Brainerd, MNMarch 22, 2017
A typical day was answering calls and to assist staff and students with security issues as well as securing the college during closing hours. I learned and became more aware of situations that may happen during college hours. Management was always easy to contact. I believe the hardest part was the reports we wrote for each incident that occurred. The most enjoyable part of the job was to help others.
Productive and important.
Maintenance/custodian (Former Employee) –  Brainerd, MN 56401February 26, 2017
Working outside in the summer, I needed to mow the grounds, pick up trash, and help with any of the sprinkler system that was broken. Inside I helped in areas of the custodians so they could get the classrooms and instructors offices properly cleaned, and set up for special events in the college. My manager gave me duties for the day and let me do what I needed to complete them on my own. They were short staffed. Being able to work independantly and trusted to accomplish tasks on my own was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Work independantly, hands on, working outside.
Cons
Short staffed.
Was a work study here
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Brainerd, MNOctober 25, 2016
Central Lakes College in Brainerd, MN is a great school to attend and also to work as a work study. I have so much respect for their staff, especially my teachers and my supervisor. They work around your schedule and your life, which is great!
I loved working at Central Lakes College
Professional Tutor/Disability Support (Former Employee) –  Staples, MNDecember 17, 2015
I had the opportunity to help students reach their educational goals every day. Retention was my number one priority along with my co-workers. The hardest part of the day was that their wasn't enough hours in the day to get done all that you wanted to accomplish. My greatest satisfaction was watching the students graduate.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
State budget cuts
Easy to enjoy my job.
Law Enforcement Work Study (Current Employee) –  Brainerd, MNNovember 29, 2015
A typical day is ensuring copies are made, website is updated, and tests are graded. When that is all done, it's time to study if my assistance is not needed to help with a class presentation of some kind. I generally work alone, but receive instructions from the teachers. The hardest part of my job is trying to not get too involved with my work so I don't miss any class.
I love my college
President of Central Lakes Student Senate (Current Employee) –  Brainerd, mnMay 10, 2014
This College is place for creative people to balance both their creative side and technical aspects of industry. I wouldn't ask for a better educational place
Pros
great people
Cons
it's only college
Fulfilling work
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Brainerd, MNApril 11, 2014
I would assist other college students to understand course material and homework between my own classes.
Excellent institution of higher learning!
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Staples, MNApril 11, 2014
Great staff, culturally diverse student body, Excellent teachers, learning materials and facilities.
Pros
Classes located on both campuses, many online
Cons
None!
Great while going to school.
Work Study Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brainerd, MNMarch 21, 2014
Light work while attending school. Provided some extra income to help pay bills.
Pros
Nice pay for the amount of work
Bureaucratic, top-heavy in administration, bloated education business
Public Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brainerd, MNNovember 27, 2013
Culture deteriorated. Some good people in the ranks, including support staff and faculty. Too many overpaid due to high educational degree attainment masking true knowledge and ability to honestly lead and create team atmosphere.
Pros
Some good faculty worth every cent they're paid
Cons
Part of bloated, politically influenced business operation.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Central Lakes College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5