Central Maine Medical Center Employee Reviews

A company going through a tough transition
Emergency Department Technician (Current Employee) –  Lewiston, MEMay 4, 2017
All branches of health care of feeling the squeeze, the ED is especially feeling. Workplace culture, is a family. Management frequently micromanages. Staff needs to feel supported and appreciated and most days the latter is lacking.
Highly skilled organization helping to merge organazations for future employment
Manager of Patient Access and HIM (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MEApril 24, 2017
CMMC is a highly competitive organization with room to grow. I was introduced based on a previous consultant that I had worked with and was given the option to be an off base manager at another hospital that the organization was looking to merge with.
Pros
Salary, paid time leave
Cons
Upper management was not available for support d/t too many projects
Managment likes who they like
Electronic Medical Records (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MEApril 17, 2017
You are doomed if you don't fit in with there click.I learned to be strong and not trust anyone, because they will talk about you behind your back no matter how hard you work and try to get along with other co workers. I enjoyed helping doctors and patients , patient care is what I strived to do, and give 110% at my job. The hardest part is going into work and then leaving at the end of the day knowing you would be talked about.
Pros
fulltime
Cons
pay rate after many years of working there I still made under 13.00 an hour
I did enjoy working the twelve hour shifts for all the years as a Certified Nursing Assistant. The diversity of populations kept the job interesting
Patient/client advocate (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MEApril 9, 2017
Central Maine Medical Center is a good place to work. My years at the hospital have been rewarding. Central Maine Medical Center managers look for their personnel to move up in their careers. The twelve hour shifts are fast paced.
Pros
Personnel are friendly and helpful
Cons
Often times breaks must be delayed
Cmmc
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lewiston, MEMarch 6, 2017
Good place to work. Management isn't the greatest though. Small town community comes together which is nice. I am very glad to have worked here for the time that I did.
Pediatics
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norway, MEFebruary 28, 2017
This was another place that gave both the chance to love your job but hate it. You had a good time watching the children grow but had hard time with some of the parents and not taking care of the little guys.
Micro managment at its best
Patient Representative (Former Employee) –  Bridgton, MEFebruary 24, 2017
If you do not fit into a clique, you are doomed! Manager micro managed so bad she would finish sentences for you in front of patients, very embarrassing. Horrible experience, I left after 4 months, could not take it anymore. Specialists have a huge chip on their shoulders. Very low moral. Would not recommend this place for employment to anyone. I had heard rumors about these things over the years, now I know they are true. It is sad that when you go to get your hair done in that town the hairdressers have many clients who went through the same experience that I did. And they wont hesitate to just let you know that your job is being eliminated without any notice even if you have worked there for over 25 years, This hospital needs a Union for all support staff to keep managers in line.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Incompetent Managers.
Great for patient care, not so great to work for
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Lewiston, MEMarch 21, 2016
Overqualified for position, got hired to work at a certain floor, being floated to other floors without training. Micromanaging to its best! If not from management, you practically don't exist. People don't seem to be happy to work here and it's reflected in how coworkers treat each other. Great patient care though, but that's it!
Pros
Some tuition reimbursement
Cons
Only a 30 min break on a 12 hr shift, low pay, you don't make your own schedule floated to other floors without proper training, micromanaging at its best, people don't seem to be happy to work here but stay for benefits
Not so pretty behind the scenes
CNA (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MENovember 30, 2015
Some departments in the hospital are great to work for, others not so much. Low morale for the high expectations given. Managers on some units are impossible to talk to, HR is no better. They even sue their own employees who owe small medical bills (I know of 7 who owed between250-700) and we are served with a lawsuit to pay.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement
Cons
Management is not approachable, HR doesn't respond.
Our offices in the Bridgton community was a great place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgton, MENovember 17, 2015
Busy,fast pace,need to have the ability to multi task. It made the day go by fast and all providers were great to work with!
Pros
Family atmosphere, great teams
Cons
for North Bridgton Family Practice/ no cons
Radiology Technician and Micro Film Technician (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MENovember 3, 2015
Great place to work, Advancement is possible, lots of great team players helping each other and caring for the patients.
Pros
Great place to work.
Cons
Would like to see better parking in places.
A hospital focused on patient satisfaction
Critical Care Nurse - ICU Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lewiston, MEOctober 20, 2015
The ICU at CMMC is staffed with knowledgeable, caring and compassionate group of medical professionals that collaboratively work together to bring about healing and comfort to patients and their families
Ok
Follow-Up Representative (Current Employee) –  Lewiston, MEAugust 18, 2015
Start my day at 8 processing credit cards, processing patient payments and anything else that is needed. I have learned how insurance companies process there claims and whats a patients responsiblity and whats the insurance companies and so much more. I work with a fun, loving, care individuals. I have been able to build stress personal relationships with a lot of them. They are wonderful. The hardest part of the job would be seeing people coming and going.. The most enjoyable part of the job is, well I like the everything about my job except thats it a Temp position and I need full time.
Pros
Birthday recogniton
Cons
Im a Temp
Long days and novice nurse
R.N. Oncology/Chemotherapy/Medical Surgical (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MEAugust 13, 2015
12 hour days as a bed side nurse caring for oncology and medical patients.
The hardest part of my day was caring for very sick oncology patients mixed with medical patients; it did not allow me enough time to give to a dying patient and family.
Great co-workers, very dedicated to the field.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement
Cons
interrupted breaks; low wages
I have learned alot from CMMC but am currently looking to advance in my career.
Practice Manager Central Maine Pediatrics (Current Employee) –  lewiston, maineJune 17, 2015
I work mon-fri 7-4. I deal with staff scheduling, budget, templates, staff and management meetings, provider schedules and day to day operations of the practice. I am managing a 7 pediatric provider office-each provider has a patient panel of 1200-1700 . I enjoy working with the staff-MA, LPN, RN's and providers that I over see daily. It is hard to say what the hardest part of my job is because everyday presents with new challenges-budget-patient volumes-admin/quality demands. The most enjoyable part of my day is knowing that I gave it my all.
nice place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MEMay 27, 2015
Great hospital to work for. Plenty of learning opportunities as well as job advancement and ability to move to different departments within hospital family.
Work not for my experience
Distribution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lewiston, MEFebruary 14, 2015
I believe I am over qualified for the work that I do. The only job I am doing all day is picking orders. I would like to be very versatile and learn several things at a job.
Same as previous
Revenue Cycle Trainer (Current Employee) –  Lewiston, MESeptember 23, 2014
My only critique would be there needs to be more communication from the mangerial level down to staff
Great place to work!
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MEAugust 6, 2014
Great co-workers and supervisors! Flexible scheduling is a great benefit!
Pros
Co-workers, flexible hours
Cons
wages
Busy, fast paced environment, with public interaction
Patient Access Lab Secretary/Registrar (Current Employee) –  Lab RegistrationMay 23, 2014
Constant registration for patients to have lab work done.
Very beneficial to learn what all the medical terminology, lab codes, and abbreviations are.
Understanding, helpful, and knowledgeable management.
Enjoyable time at work with all my co-workers.
Hardest part of the job was checking several locations for lab orders to be sure that a patient's lab orders were all being done in that one visit.
It was enjoyable to meet all different people coming to have lab work done.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Central Maine Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9