Central Market

Central Market Employee Reviews

fun place To work
Technical Support Rep.\Service Rep (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMay 27, 2015
Pros: half hour Lunch
Working With Customer Makeing Sure Store Looking Good For Helping On EverydayStocking all aspects Of Customer Service
Hands down one of the best companies to work for
Customer Service and Retail (Former Employee), Austin, TexasMay 18, 2015
Central Market was the best company I worked for. Amazing in their scope of understanding managerial and customer service. The vision and mission of the company hits right on. I feel blessed to have worked there.
Fun for a bit
Full-time Line Cook (Former Employee), Austin, TXMay 12, 2015
Pros: Paid weekly
Cons: Would not rotate you to learn new skills. Would not honor your request for time off.
When you first start thinking about working at a trendy place like Central Market or Wholefoods, you think "wow I'm going be working at a hip place with cool products." Although you do learn alot you realize places like this are corporate just like all the other groceries stores. The cafe area was not a part of the store and was run very different. To much production needs and not enough staff for the demand.
A Fast Paced Job for the Foodie In You
Assistant Service Manager/Bookkeeper (Former Employee), Austin, TXMay 6, 2015
A typical day at Central Market would be helping customers from start to finish. Helping them finding what they need, getting them into the best lane to checkout, and seeing them out the door happy.

I learned a lot about the grocery business, food, and cooking. They do a fairly good job at education their employees on new and different products that enter the store.

Management was very nice and attempt to know you and learn your name despite the very large store/crew. Coworkers will range due to the large amount of people employed but most everyone is very very pleasant.

The hardest part of the job is the sheer volume of customers you will help in one day. Central Market sell themselves as a tourist destination and it definitely feels that way some days.

The most enjoyable part of the job was learning about and trying so many great new, exotic foods. Also meeting so many smart, talented people in my coworkers and customers.
Positive,exciting, and fun company to work for.
Bulk Sales Specialist (Current Employee), Austin, TXApril 28, 2015
Pros: discounts on cafe food, HEB products. Advancements in the company if you want to.
Cons: Short lunch, it could be longer. 30 min are for kids not adults.
A typical day at work consist of helping people find product in the store. Learn about different cultural backgrounds while talking about food, how to demonstrate positive leadership while using sales techniques. The co-workers at Central Market are the coolest and fun to work with. There is know hard part to this job because it's fun to me. This company is joyful to work for at all times.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 12, 2015
Good place to work. Good benefits. Typical customer service type job, but there are lots of little perks that make it better.
I worked here a long time
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), austinApril 1, 2015
not a bad company to work for. If you are good at heavy lifting then you can make some money... slightly more than other places where you can do heavy lifting.
Good transitional position
Service Associate (Former Employee), Austin, TXMarch 22, 2015
Pros: working environment
Cons: schedule
Good transitional job. Learned customer service, bits and pieces of the food service industry. Enjoyed my coworkers. Enjoyed talent they had for entertainment.
Good Work Atmosphere
Cheese Shop Partner (Current Employee), Austin, TXMarch 13, 2015
Pros: good culture, good customers, good pay
Cons: needy customers
There is an excellent culture of service at Central Market. They are selective but pay their employees well and the results are evident. Most partners are very knowledgeable which is important because the customer base has a very high aggregate food IQ. That can be both challenging and enjoyable.
Good Co-workers, Clean place to work
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 3, 2015
Pros: job friendly, interact with customers about the product
Cons: poor management
The production amount is different every day. I think after a week the job just seems too easy and nothing is impossible to do at work hours. The hardest part about the job would be on holidays, work just seems like it won't end which is good since i love to work hard.
Great company to work for.
Cashier (Current Employee), Southlake, TXFebruary 13, 2015
I have never loved working anywhere as much as I've loved working at Central Market. Not only is the company a great one to work for, but the people that work for the company, from my co-workers to the CEO, are all great, friendly people.
Great experience
HEB Front of the House Representative (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 22, 2015
Good opportunity for a foodie to get a career, great coworkers and management is okay. Have to have patience to deal with the River Oaks crowd. I learned so much about the food industry and CM will do just about anything for you
Fast paced, educational work of place
Customer Service Specialist/ Bookkeeping Manager (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TexasJanuary 19, 2015
Fast paced environment with friendly customers. You're able to learn something new every day while working.
Great place to work while in school.
Lead Gift Designer (Former Employee), Plano, TXJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: great benefits, lots of food education, great company culture
Cons: depending on your department this company may suck, terrible salary increases
This ended up being the longest and best job I've ever held (7 years). I did work in a specialty department, so I had limited interaction with customers which I preferred, and I had a creative outlet as my job. The health insurance was great. The accrual of sick time was a good method, and they awarded vacation time at the beginning of the year. They had people to come in to explain your benefits and do health screenings. There were countless food education courses, and we received a discount on cooking classes. Get a discount on store brand products both CM and HEB.(the store brand is vast on everything from supplements to salsa and excellent if you are wondering) If you are a true or aspiring foodie this is a spectacular place to work.

I will say that it took me to be promoted before I started to make decent money. The raises were always very small amounts (e.g. 27 cents once) before I was promoted, so try to get hired at a decent rate to begin with.

I had some terrible managers but try to find a place without those. I never intended to move in to upper management, but I had several colleaugues that did. Management has a mandatory 50 hour week and can be extremely demanding because these are high volume stores.
If you embrace the culture this can be a magical place to work. (Yes magical)
Not the same company I signed on with.
Kitchen Production (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXDecember 1, 2014
When I first started, Central Market was all about taking risks. They didn't care about making money, they just wanted the ultimate food experience fr their customers and employees. Now it seems, they are willing to cut back on essentials like labor to continue to make money and not give the same love and passion they did that first drew me into the company.
Fun diverse environment
Cashier (Current Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 10, 2014
This company provides a fun and fast paced diverse work place
Easy-going and Adventureous
Commercial Artist (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXOctober 16, 2014
Pros: easy-going, helpful, generous, tactful, genuine, adequate break times
Cons: uniforms
Leading up to this November, I have been working for Central Market for a year. This company is a great combination of caring employees, helpful management, easy-going atmosphere, and genuinely like a second family. As a Commercial Artist, I spend my weeks designing advertisements that are received the day before the date issued to the public. For the advertisements, there is a combination of typography and illustration to provide customers the knowledge on the weekly specials. It is tough since I draw out every design using chalk paint markers, but over time I have learned to hone my ability to express the desired results. The most enjoyable part about this job, other than the perks we receive weekly from the company, is that when I have managers come up to my office to compliment how much my work has made a difference to sales.
Great Company, Great Environment
Service Trainer/Assistant Service Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: great benefits, and comparable pay
Cons: high paced retail environment, no weekends off
Central Market is owned by HEB. The environment of the Houston store is marvelous, and is fueled by the constant encouragement to grow and do more.
Great View ,, Beautiful Environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: free lunch, managers are nice, get along with everyone
Cons: 30 min break, on a 10 hour shift
A typical day at work, we worked as a team i love it but i wasn't rewarded enough for how hard i worked, they gave me best customer service award, but the pay was too little to be working in Manhattan, easiest part of the job making the customers smile and come back and order again. the hardest part rush hour ,, when customers didnt get their food and they walked away with nothing.
good people to work with
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: discount on certain food items
Cons: short breaks, same thing everyday day
A normal 8 hour shift would consist of me checking out customers throughout the day while providing good service to each and every one of them. cleaning up when needed and getting everything done before close

1 2 3 4

About Central Market

Working here is more than a job. It's a chance work with many great people and blaze an exciting career path. Our employees are – Read more