Central Michigan University Employee Reviews

A special leadership class that was poorly planned
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VASeptember 16, 2017
Central Michigan had developed a special program for the U. S. Army to run at Fort Belvoir trying to meet the Army's needs without much thought of delivering courses with solid academic materials
Pros
The course topic could have been interesting
Cons
I was forced to develop my own materials on the fly.
IT Support (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MISeptember 14, 2017
Both staff and co-workers are very friendly. There is a lot to learn and many tools you can benefit learning about should you put in the effort. A place to work and also learn.
N/a
ResNet Depot Technician (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIAugust 27, 2017
Working to aid students and faculty in connecting to the campus network as well as removing malware/virus from laptops. Relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
Great School to work for
Adjunct Professor in Intercultural Communication (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 19, 2017
I am happy to be employed to teach a graduate course in intercultural communication. I would have been happier if employment is continuous as it takes time and effort in preparing a course with no guarantee for continuation.
Pros
Great Opportunity
Cons
Gaps in employment
CMU was a good institution to work for.
MGR SAP Systems (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIAugust 18, 2017
CMU provided good opportunities to work in many positions and gain good experience. It gave skillsets that were needed to leave and take advantage of outside opportunities.
Very nice place to work.
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIAugust 15, 2017
Although I am not a full time faculty member, I have found CMU to a be a very supportive environment not only for the students but staff at well. My employment is based on need.
Fun to do
Academic Orientation Mentor (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIAugust 14, 2017
My most recent job working for CMU was Academic Orientation. It was so much fun to be with such a fun, close group and it was really fun to interact with the students and families. I would highly recommend working for Orientation.
Excellent learning environment with great staff and faculty to help you along the way.
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIJuly 25, 2017
CMU provided every graduate student in the chemistry program not only with a job on campus but also with funding to cover all of our credits for two years. Working as a research assistant and a teaching assistant were great opportunities and learning experiences. The staff and faculty are all kind and friendly. They are all very helpful and made my entire experience there enjoyable.
Great position for college student
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIJuly 23, 2017
The position was a great way to pay for room and board while attending college.
Did need to be available 24 hrs a day when school was in session, but typically things went very smoothly.
Pros
Free Room and Board
Enjoyable to work for
Student Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIJuly 7, 2017
Enjoyable to work there, however little they could do to offer job security or mobility when positions close. Lots of after hours bonding time along with very negotiable hours.
Good
Lab Coordinator Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIJuly 7, 2017
Teach Anatomy. Its fun to intereract with the students and faculty. I have learned a lot from my professors and students. I usually work around 15-20 hours a week in the lab
Cool school
Business Administration Student (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIJuly 6, 2017
Cool medium size university that is ACLU accredited. I've done both my undergrad and my graduate studies at CMU. There are plentiful of networks and resources to help you achieve your future success after graduation.
Student Athlete Tutor & TA
Teachers Assistant & Student-Athlete Tutor (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIJune 30, 2017
Athletes hardly ever showed up, TAing for classes was so fun, most professors give you a decent amount of work and do not mind how many hours you work as long as your job gets done,
Excellent school
Vice President of Photo Club (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIJune 26, 2017
Obtained my Bachelor of Science in Psychology and Fine art. School provided a great life experience along with the training needed to succeed in the professional world.
Good, fun environment
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dow Science ComplexJune 23, 2017
It was a good experience. The other research assistants were helpful and friendly. Got keys to the observatory and was given freedom to work when I wanted. Good communication with advising professor.
Fun and rewarding experience!
RESIDENT ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIJune 7, 2017
I hade 45 upperclassmen to watch over and they made my senior year unforgettable (for the good and bad) - it was challenging to write and report those who broke rules however the people i met from this role were one of a kind and have become my friends for life. The experience you gain from program planning, safety, educating others and coordinating events is definitely valuable
Pros
room and board, people you meet, leadership experience
Cons
work weekends
Productive and Good work environment to learn new technologies
Java Developer (Former Employee) –  MichiganJune 6, 2017
They always interest on the new technologies and projects will be upgraded to new technologies.
• Assist a faculty member with a research project.
• Engage in literature searches and course planning process.
• Assisting faculty in the development of new material such as stored procedures and functions for database management course.
• Facilitate projects in an office with other students; serve on short-term college project teams.
Great place to build relationships
Student Assistant, Orientation Office (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIMay 31, 2017
I really enjoyed working at CMU. Everyone was friendly and helpful. I gained a lot of background knowledge before entering the real world. Management was great and really accommodating. I'm still in contact with several of my coworkers and connections.
A environment to work
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIMay 28, 2017
It is a great place to work, but when it comes to research positions sometimes there is lack of funding for research at Central Michigan University. Management is good.
Online Faculty
Online Faculty Member (Current Employee) –  Work at HomeMay 25, 2017
School is good to work for. Process needs some work, but overall it is doable. My academic liaison tries to sound smarter than she really is, covering up for the fact she doesn't really know what she is talking about. But overall, I enjoy the classes and students.

Would like the opportunity to teach more and to teach other subjects.
Pros
Flexible schedule, Blackboard is easy to use.
Cons
Resistent to offer more subjects to teach even though I am more than qualified.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Central Michigan University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4