Central Michigan University Employee Reviews

Fun & Laid Back
ADMINISTRATIVE SECRETARY (Current Employee) –  Mt. Pleasant, MIOctober 13, 2017
Working for CMU has greatly reduced my stress levels compared to other jobs I have worked. The only downside is it is hard to get a position that pays a livable wage, despite experience and educational background.
Hours and Shifts
General Worker (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIOctober 8, 2017
You are only allowed to work a maximum of 25 hours per week as a student. They will work with your school schedule and it is easy to get others to work your shifts. The work environment is fast paced at times and slow at others. Management is great.
I loved working in the Graphic Design Lab
Graphic Design Computer Lab Monitor (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIOctober 2, 2017
Working in the graphic design lab was great! It was such an amazing opportunity as a student to have an on campus job. My boss was very nice and flexible and I learned a lot about printers and printing which was/is helpful in my field!
Not a real review
Cafeteria Worker (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MISeptember 26, 2017
Wade and the Chicago Bulls agreed to terms on a buyout agreement Sunday, a person with direct knowledge of the talks told The Associated Press. Wade is considering several options, including a potential return to Miami or a reunion with longtime friend LeBron James in Cleveland, according to the person who spoke on condition of anonymity because the buyout has not been formally announced.
Loved Central Michigan University
Director of Admissions and Enrollment Management (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MISeptember 26, 2017
Loved working for Central Michigan University. I had an awesome supervisor that truly cared about my advancement and work-life-integration. She also gave me a lot of latitude and autonomy in my work. She respected me.
Great Place to work
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MISeptember 21, 2017
Working at Central Michigan University provides me plenty of good opportunities to build up my competencies and social skill. Staffs in there are wonderful and always willing to help you out whenever helps are needed.
A special leadership class that was poorly planned
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VASeptember 16, 2017
Central Michigan had developed a special program for the U. S. Army to run at Fort Belvoir trying to meet the Army's needs without much thought of delivering courses with solid academic materials
Pros
The course topic could have been interesting
Cons
I was forced to develop my own materials on the fly.
IT Support (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MISeptember 14, 2017
Both staff and co-workers are very friendly. There is a lot to learn and many tools you can benefit learning about should you put in the effort. A place to work and also learn.
N/a
ResNet Depot Technician (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIAugust 27, 2017
Working to aid students and faculty in connecting to the campus network as well as removing malware/virus from laptops. Relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
Great School to work for
Adjunct Professor in Intercultural Communication (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 19, 2017
I am happy to be employed to teach a graduate course in intercultural communication. I would have been happier if employment is continuous as it takes time and effort in preparing a course with no guarantee for continuation.
Pros
Great Opportunity
Cons
Gaps in employment
CMU was a good institution to work for.
MGR SAP Systems (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIAugust 18, 2017
CMU provided good opportunities to work in many positions and gain good experience. It gave skillsets that were needed to leave and take advantage of outside opportunities.
Very nice place to work.
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIAugust 15, 2017
Although I am not a full time faculty member, I have found CMU to a be a very supportive environment not only for the students but staff at well. My employment is based on need.
Fun to do
Academic Orientation Mentor (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIAugust 14, 2017
My most recent job working for CMU was Academic Orientation. It was so much fun to be with such a fun, close group and it was really fun to interact with the students and families. I would highly recommend working for Orientation.
Excellent learning environment with great staff and faculty to help you along the way.
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIJuly 25, 2017
CMU provided every graduate student in the chemistry program not only with a job on campus but also with funding to cover all of our credits for two years. Working as a research assistant and a teaching assistant were great opportunities and learning experiences. The staff and faculty are all kind and friendly. They are all very helpful and made my entire experience there enjoyable.
Great position for college student
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIJuly 23, 2017
The position was a great way to pay for room and board while attending college.
Did need to be available 24 hrs a day when school was in session, but typically things went very smoothly.
Pros
Free Room and Board
Enjoyable to work for
Student Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIJuly 7, 2017
Enjoyable to work there, however little they could do to offer job security or mobility when positions close. Lots of after hours bonding time along with very negotiable hours.
Good
Lab Coordinator Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIJuly 7, 2017
Teach Anatomy. Its fun to intereract with the students and faculty. I have learned a lot from my professors and students. I usually work around 15-20 hours a week in the lab
Cool school
Business Administration Student (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIJuly 6, 2017
Cool medium size university that is ACLU accredited. I've done both my undergrad and my graduate studies at CMU. There are plentiful of networks and resources to help you achieve your future success after graduation.
Student Athlete Tutor & TA
Teachers Assistant & Student-Athlete Tutor (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIJune 30, 2017
Athletes hardly ever showed up, TAing for classes was so fun, most professors give you a decent amount of work and do not mind how many hours you work as long as your job gets done,
Excellent school
Vice President of Photo Club (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIJune 26, 2017
Obtained my Bachelor of Science in Psychology and Fine art. School provided a great life experience along with the training needed to succeed in the professional world.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Central Michigan University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4