Central Michigan University

Central Michigan University Employee Reviews

Cashier at CMU Bookstore
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mt. Pleasant, MINovember 30, 2016
Typical day at work was boring. I learned how to balance the register and handle money. Management was not very good and hard to work with. Coworkers were great. Hardest part was being bored and finding something to do. Most enjoyable was the time spent making friends and meeting people from campus in the store.
Pros
working with people
Cons
boring, management
Great Environmetn
Assistant Director, Events and Conference Services (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MINovember 8, 2016
Great place to work. CMU provides exceptional benefits packages, continued education opportunities, and extra curricular activities. Overall a fantastic place to work.
Great university and working environment
Accounts Payable Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MINovember 4, 2016
Flexible work schedule, friendly co-workers, continuous training, holiday parties, co-workers care about your education, able to apply school lectures to the workplace.
Learn new technologies
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIOctober 28, 2016
Co-workers will encourage to participate in every activity and the management is also supportive. Will enjoy the work with more learning and new technologies.
Great environment for student work
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIOctober 18, 2016
I love that students can take part in working in various offices on Central Michigan University's campus. It provides me with monetary assistance to get through my education.
Pros
flexible schedule, positive environment, caring employers
Cons
low hours, short breaks
Good
Supplement Instruction Leader (MTH130) (Current Employee) –  Mt.pleasantOctober 4, 2016
Good, Challenging, Constant process changes, co-operative, change management methodology, everyday learning something new.
Great place to conduct research
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIOctober 1, 2016
I was one of the very few fortunate people to work in new vibrations research lab. I was invested with all the necessary tools to conduct my research. Although, the balance of talking classes, and conducting research was a cumbersome task, later on the faculty supported to ace the field.
Pros
Great funding oppurtunity
Cons
The office staff is very slow
College
Mock Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MISeptember 28, 2016
Volunteered on campus for interviewing candidates/students to prepare them for real world work. Enjoyed the experience and would recommend it to others.
A nice place to work.
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MISeptember 26, 2016
I like the slow-moving environment in which the College is settled in. It allows for minimal distraction from a crazy and wild life which foe me, is not particularly conducive for learning.
Positive work environment
Adjunct Professor of Management (Current Employee) –  Global CampusAugust 27, 2016
Central Michigan University has a quite positive work environment. I highly recommend anyone who considers teaching graduate level courses.

Want to know more about Central Michigan University?

Ask a question
Graduate Assistant Position
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIAugust 3, 2016
This was a very fun and relaxed atmosphere where you get to work alongside professors in the counseling program. It is a great opportunity for your growth as a person.
Great faculty
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIJuly 25, 2016
Working for CMU enhanced my learning experience while helping to pay for tuition. Graded and created assignments, assisted research and conducted assigned experiments with students. 10/10 would GA again.
Productive and fun environment
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIJuly 22, 2016
A typical day consisted of engaging and interacting with those that would come into the offices at Central Michigan University. From this, I learned the value of customer service and the skills to talk with individuals in a professional and accommodating manner. The hardest part of the job was leaving everyday and the best parts were when I was engaging those who would come into the office.
NIce place to work
Spanish Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MI 48858June 28, 2016
I thank Central Michigan University for the opportunity to get Master's degree. However, there were some professors made it hard for me to achieve my goals and complicated my word. CMU is a great university but it would be way better if some changes with the faculty were made.
Cons
The Spanish Coordinator should be replaced
Fun Work Place
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mt. Pleasant, MIJune 8, 2016
I worked at Central Michigan University as Research Assistant. It has Quality education and super fun nothing bad about cmu except for the winter
Takes online seriously
Instructional Designer (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIMay 26, 2016
CMU is a steady and well run entity for the most part. It was a ways to go to understand the needs of running an online program and the innovation and flexibility needed to achieve results.
Pros
Strong benefit package
Cons
Disorganization of online unit
Productive and fun work place
Telecounselor (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIMay 10, 2016
As a student worker my supervisor was very lenient in terms of my work schedule and had no issue when I needed to call off or come into work a bit later. The job was very simple and everyone in the workplace was very kind and enjoyable. I plan to work this job every semester until graduation.
Research.. Research.. Research!
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mt. Pleasant, MIMay 9, 2016
Great place to work for and good work environment.
Very helpful to improve our skills.
the hardest part of the job is there is no end in the work because of the research and i loved it.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
Productive and convenient workplace.
Merrill Hall Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIApril 28, 2016
Being a receptionist is a job that requires responsibility, hospitality, and warm, approachable personality. I had a great experience working here, it really tested my time management and ability to act on my feet which is something I was able to overcome. My co-workers were kind and respectful and had good communication with shift trades. The hardest part of the job would be deciding on who to call in the case of an emergency. There were always options on who to call in certain situations but deciding who the best person was, was challenging. The most enjoyable part of the job would be seeing and meeting people that I have never met or seen before and being able to be of service to them.
Pros
Able to do homework
Communication skills with presenting anatomy material to students
Anatomy Supplemental Instructor (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIApril 24, 2016
A Supplemental Instructor is a student who attends lectures and takes notes as a model student. In my case, I am the supplemental instructor for the anatomy course at Central Michigan University. I create worksheets from the notes presented in class or from the text so the students have an opportunity to review this material and understand it better. I hold two sessions a week where the students come and attend and review the material in a fun, less intimidating environment than lecture. This gives many students an opportunity to ask questions and not feels discouraged or intimidated by the amount of students there are in lecture. I make powerpoint, Kahoots, worksheets, and drawings in order for the students to understand the material better.
Pros
Communication skills, presentation skills, and learning experience

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Central Michigan University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5