Central Michigan University

Central Michigan University Employer Reviews

Good Experience, learned how research and analyze the results
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Mount Pleasant, MIApril 16, 2014
Very friendly environment, great and knowledgeable instructors with most friendly staff
great work environment
LPN Clinic Nurse (Current Employee), Mount Pleasant, MIApril 13, 2014
I enjoy working for this company, working with Physicians who are also teachers makes for a great learning environment
This is generally a great place to work.
SAP Basis Administrator (Former Employee), Mount Pleasant, MichiganApril 11, 2014
I had a very active work life, and was required to work a great deal outside normal working hours. However, the stress levels tended to be relatively low and the campus was a lovely place to spend time outdoors and to walk. Management was mixed. We were micro-managed or the management was uninvolved. That made our jobs a lot harder than they needed – more... to be. – less
Enjoyed the really bright students
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee), Southeastern United StatesApril 2, 2014
Pros: students were enjoyable
Enjoyed travelling the Southeast to teach bright working adults
A very nice place to work at
Computer Technician, CMU (Former Employee), Mount Pleasant, MIMarch 31, 2014
Friendly co-workers, very helpful professors and a very good training program.
Uplifting and productive.
Chemistry Lab Aide (Former Employee), Mount Pleasant, MIMarch 20, 2014
I spent a lot of time helping students learn basic chemistry. Tutoring them on the steps of logical conclusions. It showed me various ways of teaching. I loved being hands on with science.
Good job, and good co-workers.
Custodian (Former Employee), Mount Pleasant, MIMarch 5, 2014
I learned various cleaning skills. Such as stripping, buffing and waxing floors. Also how to properly clean public areas such as lounges, dorm rooms, and bathrooms. The hardest part of working at CMU was getting everything cleaned in a short time frame. Sometimes we had to call in other crews to help us. My favorite part of the job was the people whom – more... I worked with. They were great people and I had a great crew leader. – less
Excellent experience, with many ways to advance within the company.
Residence Hall Assistant (Current Employee), Mount Pleasant, MIFebruary 24, 2014
Great place to gain experience while still in college. Excellent work and personal life balance with many opportunities to move up.
Student Development model with an emphasis on Health and Wellness
Graduate Assistant of Fitness and Wellness (Current Employee), Mount Pleasant, MIFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: grad school is paid for, free fitness classes, free access to fitness facility, many conferences are paid for the purpose of professional development.
Cons: only 20 hours per week, based on a stipend from cmu.
Overall working for University Recreation on Central Michigan University's Campus has been an incredibly rewarding experience. My daily tasks as a graduate assistant vary from day to day. I work closely with the Assistant Director of Fitness and Wellness and am currently in charge of staffing over 30 Group Fitness leaders as well as co-staff another – more... 25 Fitness Specialists. Some days it is mainly administrative while I schedule employees as well as review their clock-in times and task codes. I am in charge of evaluating each student in the format they teach once a semester and discussing with them their class and areas of growth as well as areas of strength. I also am in I also meet with each student individually once a semester to discuss goals for the year. I have worked with marketing and advertisement to promote health and wellness programs as well as our group fitness schedule. I work in an environment where finding balance in our daily lives and work is extremely important. The biggest lesson I have learned at this point in my working career is to work in my 'sweet spot'. Meaning, there are reasons why we are all different and good at specific things and not so good at others. This concept creates a deep sense of unity and collaboration within our department and other areas around campus. The most enjoyable part of my job is working directly with the students and being and to be a positive influence in each of their lives. The most difficult part of this job is trying to prioritize big projects while still getting the day to day tasks completed. A lot of time projects seem to get put on the back burner because my time is directed elsewhere. Also, projects take a lot longer to get completed due to the many obstacles I need to go through the get anything approved. – less
Learned a lot
Building Maintenance Worker (Former Employee), Mt. PleasantFebruary 1, 2014
I learned a lot of really great skills, it would have been nice to have more consistent management across the different buildings.
Very great place to work
Volunteer Assistant Coach (Former Employee), Mount Pleasant, MIDecember 26, 2013
I learned so much about coaching and track and field during my time there. Working under and very knowledgeable group of people that wanted nothing but the best for the program. The most enjoyable part of my job there was working with the varies athletes watching the struggles and the success making them into great young adults.
Work on my own hours and get things done quickly
Foods Lab Monitor (Current Employee), Mount Pleasant, MINovember 20, 2013
I learned how to keep a running inventory of items along with purchasing and prepping for labs during that day.
It was a summer job.
Building Maintenance Employee (Former Employee), Mount Pleasant, MINovember 11, 2013
Pros: the co workers
Cons: the hours.
Every day we would paint a different dorm room. The company culture was really enjoyable though.
Central Michigan University is focus on teaching SAP knowledge to the students and did excellent job.
VB Graduate Assistant - Visual Basic tutor (Former Employee), Mount Pleasant, MIOctober 21, 2013
Time management at school
SAP knowledge (Configuration, ABAP, Modules)
Team work experience
Leadership experience
Multi-culture communication
N/A
N/A (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 9, 2013
Great University to study and living
I have learned multiple programming language, such like VB.NET, SQL, and SAP ABAP. I learned SAP software application, SAP integration, system analysis and design, decision support, and team project experience.
Excellent Organization
Global Campus Center Director (Former Employee), Seymour-Johnson AFB, NCOctober 2, 2013
CMU is one of the best companies to work for. Great over-all culture.
Fun job
Grading Assistant (Former Employee), Mount Pleasant, MISeptember 26, 2013
Graded submitted coursework for approximately 100 Calculus students.
Maintained student records of tests and quizzes achievement for 100 students.
Determined grading curve based on student performance on tests and quizzes
Librarian
Government Document Reference Librarian (Former Employee), Mount Pleasant, MISeptember 21, 2013
Work schedule was flexible for attaining an education.
The most enjoyable part of the job was researching government documents.
The place with no culture confilict
Teaching Professional Specialist in Finance (Former Employee), Mount Pleasant, MISeptember 9, 2013
I love this place very much. My great finance career starts from here. Very nice colleagues.
Great bennefits
a good school
Research assistant, Department of Economics (Former Employee), Mount Pleasant, MISeptember 3, 2013
it was good school, but, I was promised to get a scholarship after I complete the first semester with 4.0 GPA. However, the economy it was against to get that, so as result I could not finish the degree due to lack of fund.

1 2 3 4

About Central Michigan University

Academic advancement is central at Central Michigan University (CMU). It offers undergraduate, graduate, and professional coursework – Read more

Central Michigan University Photos