Central Michigan University Employee Reviews

Its a university so students run everything.
Intramural Basketball Official (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIMarch 3, 2017
Its a great place to work while furthering your education. But you should not bank on great pay because as a student you are there to get experience and educate yourself. What else would you expect. Also, you have to be educated to advance into higher positions or work there for a long time so I would also say plan on moving on after school. But overall a great work environment and staff.
Stress free work environment with friendly staff and management
Physics Office (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIJanuary 11, 2017
This was an office job where I assisted the physics professors and students. I managed phone calls and emails for the professors and department heads. I scheduled and prepared conference meetings and the necessary documents and spreadsheets. I also ordered the departments text books and filed and maintained scholarship documents. In addition, I advised students and handled basic office tasks.
Graduate Instructional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MI 48859January 18, 2017
Good place to learn know new things and implement our ideas. Typically we work on developing structured procedures. managing crystal reports for simple programs execution. Learned how to setup huge hardware computers connecting to a LAN and how to share the files between the computers. Network error was a hardest part of this job when there is high traffic to the server.
always you can enjoy your life when you are in school.
COURSE INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Mt. Pleasant, MIMarch 8, 2017
• Taught pre-calculus and calculus in full time, also taught Mathematica software.
• Studied quantitative businesses and led Credit Scoring project applying Statistic methods.
• Applied quantitative and quality analysis to estimate local shopping center project.
Cashier at CMU Bookstore
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mt. Pleasant, MINovember 30, 2016
Typical day at work was boring. I learned how to balance the register and handle money. Management was not very good and hard to work with. Coworkers were great. Hardest part was being bored and finding something to do. Most enjoyable was the time spent making friends and meeting people from campus in the store.
Pros
working with people
Cons
boring, management
Productive and fun work place with good life balance.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIJanuary 19, 2017
I worked as a part-time employee doing my Masters degree. It is always fun to work where it provided me a great scope of learning. Most enjoyable part of job is closely associating with my professor to work on a project and learn new things.
Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIFebruary 21, 2017
Productive, hardworking and such a friendly environment it has. Everybody is there to help and support you with your work. great corporation and a team working.
Great place to o work, nice people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Receivable accountingDecember 27, 2016
Loved working at CMU. Great experience.. it was very busy, we received all deposits from all departments, sent out the tuition bills and helped students and parents regarding school.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Very busy office during new semesters
Being a Graduate Student was an excellent experience
Graduate Assistant, Health Professions Department (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIMarch 13, 2017
As a Graduate Assistant, my schedule varies day to day depending on the courses I was assigned to teach each given semester. With having the opportunity to teach over 400 students over the 2 years at Central Michigan University, it has taught me a lot of patience, along with provided me opportunities to grow as a person. It helped me with public speaking, organization skills and the ability to be flexible and approachable for my students. I thoroughly enjoyed watching my students succeed after seeing them prepare for exams. The hardest part of being a graduate assistant, on contrary was watching students either not care about the subject or not do as well as they hoped in the class or on exams. All in all, I have gained so many wonderful experiences from this opportunity, as it has positively influenced me to become better at time management, organization, teaching and many more.
Pros
Great enviornment
Cons
N/A
Great place to conduct research
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIOctober 1, 2016
I was one of the very few fortunate people to work in new vibrations research lab. I was invested with all the necessary tools to conduct my research. Although, the balance of talking classes, and conducting research was a cumbersome task, later on the faculty supported to ace the field.
Pros
Great funding oppurtunity
Cons
The office staff is very slow
Graduate assitant
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIFebruary 26, 2017
Assist professor solve problems for student. Help register the grade. Assist professor do the research. I have to prepare a lot before class. Once I cannot figure out the question,professor will help me. And I will learn it.
CMU is a great place to work
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIMarch 26, 2017
A variety of "typical days" exist depending on where you work. The opportunity to further your education is encouraged. The University believes in and supports student success.
Great school
Assistant Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  McGuire AFB, NJFebruary 19, 2017
I loved my time with CMU!! It taught me much about the world of education and helped me to not only earn my Masters Degree but to connect with many great professors that I still lean upon for direction.
Central Michigan University
Desk staff (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIFebruary 8, 2017
Central Michigan University is an amazing institution; that is focused on growing leaders, creating an inclusive environment, and allowing students the opportunity to put their stamp on the world!
Compliance
Compliance Graduate Intern (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIFebruary 20, 2017
CMU Compliance is a great department to work for within CMU athletics. I very much enjoyed my time learning all of the in's and out's of the compliance department.
Pros
Work Environment
Cons
Compensation
Great environment for student work
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIOctober 18, 2016
I love that students can take part in working in various offices on Central Michigan University's campus. It provides me with monetary assistance to get through my education.
Pros
flexible schedule, positive environment, caring employers
Cons
low hours, short breaks
Review
Mentoring Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIDecember 19, 2016
I like CMU and the things that the university have offered me. Although some of the positions I have applied to are unfair when selecting who they would like to hire.
Pros
Great work enviorment
Cons
unequal opportunities
Productive and fun place to work
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIJanuary 1, 2017
I loved everything about this job. The people, the environment and the pay. It was only temporary and would love to find a full time job
Pros
Great employees, great pay
Cons
Wasnt really anything i did not like
It's an amazing school
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIJanuary 3, 2017
I loved the graduate school life here. All the teachers were very good and very supportive. The campus and town is very safe place to live and the whole campus tends to feel at home soon.
SAP Technical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIMarch 18, 2017
As a student, I had a lot of scope to learn various technologies at CMU. Professors are very much interested in sharing their knowledge and helping us improve ourselves.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Central Michigan University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5