Central Michigan University Employee Reviews

Flexible
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIJanuary 4, 2016
This company allowed me to balance work life and school life in a productive manner. My co-workers were friendly and extremely helpful and I felt extremely comfortable working around them.
Interactive and fun place to work
Internal Audit Intern (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIDecember 9, 2015
Central Michigan is a great place to work with interactive and helpful management. There is great exposure to various departments and services which provide numerous opportunities for networking and building relationships.
Interesting place to work
Enrollment/Recruitment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MINovember 27, 2015
I had a great experience working for Central Michigan University. My co-workers were fun to work with, and I enjoyed having lots of access to training and development for my career path.
Great job to have with opportunities to work with students and faculty alike
ADMINISTRATIVE AIDE/OFFICE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 19, 2015
My day is filled with assisting students and faculty on different items collectively. Processing invoices for payment, collecting and submitting timesheets for hourly employees in US East Region (13 individual centers). Assist US East Operations Manager as his Executive Assistant.
Pros
Great university and staff to work with.
Cons
Lack of advancement opportunities
Great school to work for.
Associate Athletics Director, Major Gifts (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MINovember 6, 2015
Friendly, warm community with loyal supporters. Beautifully maintained campus. Great coaches and athletics facilities. Athletics department staff are wonderful to work with.
review
BCA Business Director (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MINovember 2, 2015
positive work enviorment along with great professors and organizations. This institution promotes positively among the public.
Great people to be around where everyone is willing to help others be successful
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIOctober 30, 2015
Central Michigan gave me an experience that I will never forget. I've met life long friends and built my network up from the variety of different people I have came in contact with.
Pros
Free room and board
Cons
Early morning key-ins
Nice place to work/study
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIOctober 15, 2015
I am working as a Graduate research assistant. Timing of my job are flexible. I have worked on various front end technologies like NodeJS, JQuery. HTML/CSS. Hardest part of the job is to keep yourself updated with various technologies and work independently
Great place to learn and work while in school
Tech Services - PC Repair Tech (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIOctober 7, 2015
While at this job i expanded my knowledge of computers and their hardware further. Management let you do your job without too much interference. Typically from day to day i would fix computer hardware and software issues with some virus removal and cleaning thrown in there as well.
Pros
Easy, Fun, Learning opportunities
Cons
Pay
Graduate student
Graduate research assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MISeptember 15, 2015
Being able to take courses in other departments is great. Being a GRA is sometimes tedious but part of your job, you also get to be a substitute teacher or grade papers.
Job overall
Intramural Basketball Referee (Former Employee) –  Student Activities Center (SAC)September 9, 2015
I really enjoyed the position I held at CMU as an intramural basketball referee. The work itself wasn't hard, the environment that was created by some of the frats and other teams made the league very competitive and overall a lot of fun to be a part of.
Pros
Basketball there really doesn't need to be much more said.
Cons
Not enough hours for a broke college kid who's trying to make money.
a fun place to work
Temp Custodian (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIAugust 17, 2015
I enjoy my coworkers. We get together for lunch and have potlucks
often. We work well together and help each other when working hard. We take breaks and enjoy great conversations
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Moving furniture
Relaxed, creative work place
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIJuly 31, 2015
It was a good place to work as a research assistant. Learned a lot from the professor and was given a lot of freedom to explore ideas I had.
Excellent productive work place
Student Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIJuly 8, 2015
Very friendly and culturally diverse. Management is very efficient at there job and the work keep you busy. Students are friendly and make the work atmosphere peaceful.
Pros
free food
Cons
healthcare
Hands on Experience
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIMay 28, 2015
I loved the opportunity that CMU was able to give me while I was continuing my education. There was a balance between my duties as an instructor and my duties as a student. Unlike other graduate teaching assistantships, I was completely responsible for my classes each semester.
Apparel production planning / Merchandising
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  MichiganMay 16, 2015
1. Design detail (Tech pack) receives from buyer.
2. Consumption calculation of fabrics, trims and accessories.
3. Fabric, Trims and Accessories booking as per consumption.
4. Follow up all sampling stage from Development to Shipment as per buyer requirement.
5. Order sheet and trim card preparation based on approved trims and accessories.
6. Calculate full costing of a garment.
7. Production follow up and problem resolution in cutting, sewing, embroidery, printing and in
finishing to maintain the quality as well as to deliver the product within the lead time.
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Mt. Pleasant, MIMay 16, 2015
Working for Central Michigan University was a great experience. My supervisors were laid back but professional, and would teach you anything you needed to know in a way that stuck.
Great benefits
Not employed at university (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIMay 8, 2015
University afforded me the opportunities to further my education and experience.There are many good, caring employees who take good care to help students through their programs.
Pros
University provided opportunities for employees to further their education
It was a good experience.
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIMay 7, 2015
The overall work experience was great. It was nice being able to help those students who struggled in things like mathematics and statistics.
Great Experience
Student Activist (Former Employee) –  Mt Pleasant MIApril 17, 2015
It was for Class purposes only. It was an experience I was blessed to be apart of. We would look at the ways to get people from being homeless and how we could help them.

4.5