Central Michigan University

Central Michigan University United States Employee Reviews

Great Experience
Student Activist (Former Employee), Mt Pleasant MIApril 17, 2015
It was for Class purposes only. It was an experience I was blessed to be apart of. We would look at the ways to get people from being homeless and how we could help them.
An average day for a CMU graduate assistant.
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Mount Pleasant, MIApril 13, 2015
The most enjoyable part of this job is the people I have been able to work with. The graduate assistants all work together in a single office, which provides an interesting and fun workplace environment. On a daily basis we are able to have legitimately thought provoking discussions, all while completing the various tasks that we have been either assigned or decided to undertake ourselves. This makes for an atmosphere of competitiveness, which results in a rather enjoyable experience.
Flexible and diverse work place
CENTRAL MICHIGAN UNIVERSITY GRADUATE ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Mount Pleasant, MIApril 6, 2015
Working at CMU has allotted a vast variety of opportunity and has been very flexible, understanding, and exciting. I love working here and I am sad to be relocating!
Good university
Research assistant (Current Employee), Mount Pleasant, MIMarch 22, 2015
Enjoy the work and study experience there.

Nice campus environment and excellent professors there.

Gained a lot of experience on research!
welcoming
Research Assistant (Former Employee), mt pleasant, MIMarch 19, 2015
professors were extremely interested in your success and training. They provided mentoring and allowed you to see possibilities.
Love the Culture
Athletic Event and Facilities Intern (Current Employee), Mount Pleasant, MIMarch 9, 2015
CMU is hands down a great place for an internship. I have acquired industry knowledge, first hand experience of event and facility management, and outside professional development.
Good
BUILDING MAINTENANCE WORKER (Current Employee), Mount Pleasant MIMarch 2, 2015
Was a good place to work while getting my finance degree from Central Michigan University. Worked there for four years.
Great place to work!
Student Worker (Former Employee), Mount Pleasant, MIJanuary 25, 2015
Was a great place to work. I met a lot of people there as well as got to eat after every shift. Learned how to cook certain things that I hadn't before. Wish I would of got a job there when I was a freshman, Would recommend this job to any student looking for work.
Learning and Memory
Learning and Memory (Former Employee), Mt.Pleasant, MIJanuary 19, 2015
Learned and applied principles of human learning and memory. Completed a personal behavioral modification over a two month period where learned concepts were used to effectively modify a behavior.
A very good starting job with excellent hours and great management and co-workers.
Building Maintenance Worker (Former Employee), Mt. Pleasant, MIJanuary 14, 2015
A typical day at work would involve painting, prepping rooms for paint, cleaning up after construction work, and other various construction and painting jobs. I learned proper and efficient prepping and painting techniques, how to weld pipes, and other construction methods. The management was always friendly, fair, and helpful, and co-workers were personable, educated in the jobs in which they performed, and were always willing to teach a new skill if it was not previously known. The hardest part of the job was doing tedious work work for hours at a time, but those such tasks did not require much skill. The most enjoyable part of a job was finishing the painting of a room or hall and revealing the finished product. The co-workers also made the job enjoyable.
Productive and Safe Workplace
Tutor for Organic Synthesis Lab (Former Employee), Mount Pleasant, MIDecember 19, 2014
A typical day consisted of meeting with 5-10 students who had questions based on the organic synthesis lab. Questions based on laboratory reports and problem solving were the main points. The hardest part was the hours were inconsistent. However, it was rewarding when students would thank me for what I had taught them other than the professor.
IT- CMU
IT - Computer Lab Assistant (Current Employee), Mount Pleasant, MIDecember 16, 2014
Assisted students, faculty, and staff at the computers labs on campus. Duties included troubleshooting problems, managing the lab, scheduling appointments, etc.
good
Athletic Staff Assistant - Internship (Former Employee), mount pleasant, miDecember 3, 2014
nice place. it was cool. met a lot of great people. Great academic advisors.
Great place to work and learn
SAP UA Intern, SAP University Alliance (Current Employee), Mount Pleasant, MIOctober 31, 2014
The job offers me a platform to showcase my creative abilities. Redesigning of CMU's SAP UA website, enhancing the digital presence of the Program, developing promotional materials are part of the job.

Other tasks include:
SAP TERP10 students’ performance analytics, website improvement, Web analytics, Assist students in learning SAP enterprise software. Researching latest improvements in SAP

Management and my co-workers encouraged me in coming up with new ideas and supported me to successfully implement those ideas.

I really enjoy this Job because I am not only helping students but also gaining confidence in multitasking and learning more on SAP and related technologies.
Learned Alot
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Mount Pleasant, MIOctober 28, 2014
I learned a lot doing this work, it was rewarding and fun. I enjoyed all of the parents that I serviced and that was able to participate in the program. My mentor was excellent and a great person to work for.
College Job
Customer Service (Current Employee), Mount Pleasant, MIOctober 23, 2014
Worked here for a long time, and nothing bad to say. Their could have been a stronger form of management, but very friendly people.
Laboratory Work
Aquatic Ecology Laboratory Research Assistant (Current Employee), Mount Pleasant, MIOctober 20, 2014
Central Michigan University is an institution that allows for students to engage in professor driven research. My primary job in the laboratory was to analyze water chemistry to better understand aquatic ecosystem health.
Lab Assistant
OBM Research Assistant (Current Employee), Mount Pleasant MIOctober 16, 2014
Collect data, analyze data, proctor tests, set up meetings, communicate with local businesses.
Interesting course, interesting students
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Alexandria, VASeptember 27, 2014
Pros: wide range of courses
Cons: little support
I decided to teach at Central Michigan because they were offering a graduate course (Leadership) for interesting students (personnel at Fort Belvoir, VA) that intrigued me. My intuitions about the course and students proved correct, but I did not appreciate having to teach out of an assigned text that did cover the material as well as I thought it needed to and received little help from support staff who worked in Michigan in setting up my internet materials for the course.
Great School
Assistant Program Coordinator (Former Employee), Mt Pleasant, MISeptember 22, 2014
Great Work Atmosphere! Support Staff was the absolute best. Could always depend on an answer if you needed one ASAP.

1 2 3 4 5

About Central Michigan University

Academic advancement is central at Central Michigan University (CMU). It offers undergraduate, graduate, and professional coursework – Read more

Central Michigan University Salaries

Graduate Assistant
$15,000 per year

Central Michigan University Photos

Central Michigan University Wrestling home dual in which they defeated The University of Michigan