Central Michigan University Employee Reviews

Enjoyable to work for
Student Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIJuly 7, 2017
Enjoyable to work there, however little they could do to offer job security or mobility when positions close. Lots of after hours bonding time along with very negotiable hours.
Good
Lab Coordinator Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIJuly 7, 2017
Teach Anatomy. Its fun to intereract with the students and faculty. I have learned a lot from my professors and students. I usually work around 15-20 hours a week in the lab
Cool school
Business Administration Student (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIJuly 6, 2017
Cool medium size university that is ACLU accredited. I've done both my undergrad and my graduate studies at CMU. There are plentiful of networks and resources to help you achieve your future success after graduation.
Student Athlete Tutor & TA
Teachers Assistant & Student-Athlete Tutor (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIJune 30, 2017
Athletes hardly ever showed up, TAing for classes was so fun, most professors give you a decent amount of work and do not mind how many hours you work as long as your job gets done,
Excellent school
Vice President of Photo Club (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIJune 26, 2017
Obtained my Bachelor of Science in Psychology and Fine art. School provided a great life experience along with the training needed to succeed in the professional world.
Good, fun environment
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dow Science ComplexJune 23, 2017
It was a good experience. The other research assistants were helpful and friendly. Got keys to the observatory and was given freedom to work when I wanted. Good communication with advising professor.
Fun and rewarding experience!
RESIDENT ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIJune 7, 2017
I hade 45 upperclassmen to watch over and they made my senior year unforgettable (for the good and bad) - it was challenging to write and report those who broke rules however the people i met from this role were one of a kind and have become my friends for life. The experience you gain from program planning, safety, educating others and coordinating events is definitely valuable
Pros
room and board, people you meet, leadership experience
Cons
work weekends
Productive and Good work environment to learn new technologies
Java Developer (Former Employee) –  MichiganJune 6, 2017
They always interest on the new technologies and projects will be upgraded to new technologies.
• Assist a faculty member with a research project.
• Engage in literature searches and course planning process.
• Assisting faculty in the development of new material such as stored procedures and functions for database management course.
• Facilitate projects in an office with other students; serve on short-term college project teams.
Great place to build relationships
Student Assistant, Orientation Office (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIMay 31, 2017
I really enjoyed working at CMU. Everyone was friendly and helpful. I gained a lot of background knowledge before entering the real world. Management was great and really accommodating. I'm still in contact with several of my coworkers and connections.
A environment to work
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIMay 28, 2017
It is a great place to work, but when it comes to research positions sometimes there is lack of funding for research at Central Michigan University. Management is good.
Online Faculty
Online Faculty Member (Current Employee) –  Work at HomeMay 25, 2017
School is good to work for. Process needs some work, but overall it is doable. My academic liaison tries to sound smarter than she really is, covering up for the fact she doesn't really know what she is talking about. But overall, I enjoy the classes and students.

Would like the opportunity to teach more and to teach other subjects.
Pros
Flexible schedule, Blackboard is easy to use.
Cons
Resistent to offer more subjects to teach even though I am more than qualified.
Great Job but I did not like the snow and traveling schedule
Assistant Director of Education (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, OHMay 24, 2017
I travel through out the state of Michigan to check on the schools that Central Michigan University had chartered to see if they were doing what they said they would be doing in their charter.
Pros
Visiting the different in Michigan.
Cons
Travel and cold weather, and snow.
Masters of Sciences in Information Systems
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIMay 23, 2017
Good.

Wonderful place to learn new tools interested in BI. Amazing culture and warm people everywhere, though the place is really really cold in winter.
Nice Environment
Media Services Technician (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIMay 22, 2017
Great people, nice to work with, great hours. The work hours are great, I feel like i walk in and an hour later I walk out. The people I work with are awesome, always nice.
Great place to work and attend school
Writing Center Tutor (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIMay 17, 2017
I enjoy being a student at Central as well as a student employee. The location is convenient and I enjoy only having to worry about work when school is in session.
Great
SAP Student Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIMay 16, 2017
Great Experience working here. Gained a huge knowledge in SAP and other modules. Always recommend working at CMU if given an opportunity. A huge learning experience.
I have not started yet
Peer Advisor (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIMay 16, 2017
I do not start until August 2017 (review was written on 5/16/17). I cannot speak from my personal experience, but my team that I will be working with has had no complaints and enjoy the job. My ratings are based on what my team members have said and the information that I was given.
Central Michigan University
Program Administrator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 15, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job is learning about various departments and watching student growth. You will operate as a One Stop Shop for students
Great group of coaches to learn from.
Volunteer Assistant Coach (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIMay 8, 2017
From 9:30am until 4pm i would help set up practice and assist the coach with instructing the combined event athletes and horizontal jumpers/sprinters.
Personal Development is a priority
Cobb Hall Multicultural Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cobb HallMay 6, 2017
Paraprofessional work at CMU can be rather hectic, but it is definitely worth the effort. The professional staff deeply cares about personal and professional development

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Central Michigan University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5