Central Michigan University Employee Reviews

Personal Development is a priority
Cobb Hall Multicultural Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cobb HallMay 6, 2017
Paraprofessional work at CMU can be rather hectic, but it is definitely worth the effort. The professional staff deeply cares about personal and professional development
Fine Institution
Assistant Football Coach (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIApril 26, 2017
Working at Central was made easy with the staff we had. The job was not too strenuous and the school was very good to us. I would recommend working here for someone that would be interested.
CMU provided opportunities for not only professional growth, but also individual growth.
Collections Department Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIApril 20, 2017
CMU is a wonderful place to work whether you are a temp, full time worker, part time employee, or a student worker. CMU benefits are incredible and show how much they truly care about their workers as individuals.
Lots of great opportunities and learning
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIApril 19, 2017
WOW! I have learned so much from taking classes at CMU, not just pertaining towards my major but even in the prerequisite classes. Central has tons of opportunities to draw from and caters to every one's individual passions- it is truly amazing
Good Place to work
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIApril 11, 2017
I work here as a graduate research assistant. It is a nice place to work. All the professor and the co workers are very helpful.
The university has state of the art lab equipment.
Good job for college student
Research Help Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIApril 3, 2017
Great place to work while I worked on my double major in psychology and English. I learned a lot about research and customer service, as well as administrative/clerical duties. Easy job with hours arranged around class schedule.
Practicum Student
Practicum Counselor (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIMarch 31, 2017
This really was not a job it was a part of Counseling Masters Program to work in the Human Growth and Development Clinic. The class was great and provided a fantastic learning environment.
CMU is a great place to work
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIMarch 26, 2017
A variety of "typical days" exist depending on where you work. The opportunity to further your education is encouraged. The University believes in and supports student success.
SAP Technical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIMarch 18, 2017
As a student, I had a lot of scope to learn various technologies at CMU. Professors are very much interested in sharing their knowledge and helping us improve ourselves.
Being a Graduate Student was an excellent experience
Graduate Assistant, Health Professions Department (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIMarch 13, 2017
As a Graduate Assistant, my schedule varies day to day depending on the courses I was assigned to teach each given semester. With having the opportunity to teach over 400 students over the 2 years at Central Michigan University, it has taught me a lot of patience, along with provided me opportunities to grow as a person. It helped me with public speaking, organization skills and the ability to be flexible and approachable for my students. I thoroughly enjoyed watching my students succeed after seeing them prepare for exams. The hardest part of being a graduate assistant, on contrary was watching students either not care about the subject or not do as well as they hoped in the class or on exams. All in all, I have gained so many wonderful experiences from this opportunity, as it has positively influenced me to become better at time management, organization, teaching and many more.
Pros
Great enviornment
Cons
N/a
Student (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIMarch 11, 2017
This was my first experience at an higher education institution and I was very excited. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with task and completed my goals.
Pros
Meeting New people
Cons
Debt
Fun working with them
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mt. Pleasant, MIMarch 11, 2017
It is fun working with team. They are very helpful in every situation.
I learned team work from them. Experienced interacting with different region people.
always you can enjoy your life when you are in school.
COURSE INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Mt. Pleasant, MIMarch 8, 2017
• Taught pre-calculus and calculus in full time, also taught Mathematica software.
• Studied quantitative businesses and led Credit Scoring project applying Statistic methods.
• Applied quantitative and quality analysis to estimate local shopping center project.
Its a university so students run everything.
Intramural Basketball Official (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIMarch 3, 2017
Its a great place to work while furthering your education. But you should not bank on great pay because as a student you are there to get experience and educate yourself. What else would you expect. Also, you have to be educated to advance into higher positions or work there for a long time so I would also say plan on moving on after school. But overall a great work environment and staff.
Excellent
Events Staff Team Member (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIMarch 1, 2017
I worked with others to ensure the successful production of concerts and various events. We aimed always for audiences' and performers' satisfaction.
Graduate assitant
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIFebruary 26, 2017
Assist professor solve problems for student. Help register the grade. Assist professor do the research. I have to prepare a lot before class. Once I cannot figure out the question,professor will help me. And I will learn it.
fun place to work
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIFebruary 23, 2017
I worked in the machine shop it is a great environment to work in especially as a college kid who is trying to learn and gain some sort of experience
Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIFebruary 21, 2017
Productive, hardworking and such a friendly environment it has. Everybody is there to help and support you with your work. great corporation and a team working.
Compliance
Compliance Graduate Intern (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIFebruary 20, 2017
CMU Compliance is a great department to work for within CMU athletics. I very much enjoyed my time learning all of the in's and out's of the compliance department.
Pros
Work Environment
Cons
Compensation
Great school
Assistant Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  McGuire AFB, NJFebruary 19, 2017
I loved my time with CMU!! It taught me much about the world of education and helped me to not only earn my Masters Degree but to connect with many great professors that I still lean upon for direction.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Central Michigan University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5