Central Michigan University

Central Michigan University Employee Reviews in United States

Great people to be around where everyone is willing to help others be successful
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIOctober 30, 2015
Central Michigan gave me an experience that I will never forget. I've met life long friends and built my network up from the variety of different people I have came in contact with.
Pros
Free room and board
Cons
Early morning key-ins
Job overall
Intramural Basketball Referee (Former Employee) –  Student Activities Center (SAC)September 9, 2015
I really enjoyed the position I held at CMU as an intramural basketball referee. The work itself wasn't hard, the environment that was created by some of the frats and other teams made the league very competitive and overall a lot of fun to be a part of.
Pros
Basketball there really doesn't need to be much more said.
Cons
Not enough hours for a broke college kid who's trying to make money.
Great school to work for.
Associate Athletics Director, Major Gifts (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MINovember 6, 2015
Friendly, warm community with loyal supporters. Beautifully maintained campus. Great coaches and athletics facilities. Athletics department staff are wonderful to work with.
Better than average pay
Adjuct Professor (Current Employee) –  Michigan troy campusOctober 6, 2012
I enjoy almost everything about teaching at this school. I believe that raises in adjunct pay occur, based upon time in the program.
Nice place to work/study
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIOctober 15, 2015
I am working as a Graduate research assistant. Timing of my job are flexible. I have worked on various front end technologies like NodeJS, JQuery. HTML/CSS. Hardest part of the job is to keep yourself updated with various technologies and work independently
Great place to work and learn
SAP UA Intern, SAP University Alliance (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIOctober 31, 2014
The job offers me a platform to showcase my creative abilities. Redesigning of CMU's SAP UA website, enhancing the digital presence of the Program, developing promotional materials are part of the job.

Other tasks include:
SAP TERP10 students’ performance analytics, website improvement, Web analytics, Assist students in learning SAP enterprise software. Researching latest improvements in SAP

Management and my co-workers encouraged me in coming up with new ideas and supported me to successfully implement those ideas.

I really enjoy this Job because I am not only helping students but also gaining confidence in multitasking and learning more on SAP and related technologies.
review
BCA Business Director (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MINovember 2, 2015
positive work enviorment along with great professors and organizations. This institution promotes positively among the public.
Assembly
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIJuly 22, 2013
Assembly Line work is tough at times but, overall its not bad...for those wanting to continue that line of work.
benefits
Cons
work hours
A very good starting job with excellent hours and great management and co-workers.
Building Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Mt. Pleasant, MIJanuary 14, 2015
A typical day at work would involve painting, prepping rooms for paint, cleaning up after construction work, and other various construction and painting jobs. I learned proper and efficient prepping and painting techniques, how to weld pipes, and other construction methods. The management was always friendly, fair, and helpful, and co-workers were personable, educated in the jobs in which they performed, and were always willing to teach a new skill if it was not previously known. The hardest part of the job was doing tedious work work for hours at a time, but those such tasks did not require much skill. The most enjoyable part of a job was finishing the painting of a room or hall and revealing the finished product. The co-workers also made the job enjoyable.
Apparel production planning / Merchandising
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  MichiganMay 16, 2015
1. Design detail (Tech pack) receives from buyer.
2. Consumption calculation of fabrics, trims and accessories.
3. Fabric, Trims and Accessories booking as per consumption.
4. Follow up all sampling stage from Development to Shipment as per buyer requirement.
5. Order sheet and trim card preparation based on approved trims and accessories.
6. Calculate full costing of a garment.
7. Production follow up and problem resolution in cutting, sewing, embroidery, printing and in
finishing to maintain the quality as well as to deliver the product within the lead time.
Graduate student
Graduate research assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MISeptember 15, 2015
Being able to take courses in other departments is great. Being a GRA is sometimes tedious but part of your job, you also get to be a substitute teacher or grade papers.
An average day for a CMU graduate assistant.
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIApril 13, 2015
The most enjoyable part of this job is the people I have been able to work with. The graduate assistants all work together in a single office, which provides an interesting and fun workplace environment. On a daily basis we are able to have legitimately thought provoking discussions, all while completing the various tasks that we have been either assigned or decided to undertake ourselves. This makes for an atmosphere of competitiveness, which results in a rather enjoyable experience.
Excellent productive work place
Student Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIJuly 8, 2015
Very friendly and culturally diverse. Management is very efficient at there job and the work keep you busy. Students are friendly and make the work atmosphere peaceful.
Pros
free food
Cons
healthcare
a fun place to work
Temp Custodian (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIAugust 17, 2015
I enjoy my coworkers. We get together for lunch and have potlucks
often. We work well together and help each other when working hard. We take breaks and enjoy great conversations
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Moving furniture
This is generally a great place to work.
SAP Basis Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MichiganApril 11, 2014
I had a very active work life, and was required to work a great deal outside normal working hours. However, the stress levels tended to be relatively low and the campus was a lovely place to spend time outdoors and to walk. Management was mixed. We were micro-managed or the management was uninvolved. That made our jobs a lot harder than they needed to be.
Relaxed, creative work place
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIJuly 31, 2015
It was a good place to work as a research assistant. Learned a lot from the professor and was given a lot of freedom to explore ideas I had.
Productive work environment
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIMay 4, 2012
Assisted Political Science Department faculty in conducting research and literature searches; carried out other duties, such as syllabi and visual aids; assisted in the classroom (i.e. lead discussion sections, correct exams, and record classroom attendance). Working as a graduate research and teaching assistant has allowed me to work with other graduate students with similar career endeavors, establish professional relationships with professors, develop networking skills, strengthen my analytical skills, and attend academic conferences.
Pros
appreciation lunches and supportive faculty
Cons
grading assignments
Cliquey and Gossipy High school like work environment
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIJuly 14, 2014
A typical day at work usually consisted of a variety of small projects continuously and interchangeably being worked on. Although there was enjoyable music to listen to in the store, the louder and more frequent sounds were from the other managers gossiping about each other or other employees. The management enjoyed the gossip and encouraged it with in the workplace environment. Also, if you made a mistake management would jump on the chance to tell you in a harsh and sometimes public manner. Finally the scheduling was absolutely terrible and interfered with my classes and family commitments during every holiday break. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the work environment everyday. The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing directly with the customers and making the CMU students and faculty's lives a little bit easier.
Pros
pay for you books each semester if you work three events
Cons
on average only 10 hours a week, minimum wage, no breaks, interferes with classes
Hands on Experience
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIMay 28, 2015
I loved the opportunity that CMU was able to give me while I was continuing my education. There was a balance between my duties as an instructor and my duties as a student. Unlike other graduate teaching assistantships, I was completely responsible for my classes each semester.
Love the Culture
Athletic Event and Facilities Intern (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIMarch 9, 2015
CMU is hands down a great place for an internship. I have acquired industry knowledge, first hand experience of event and facility management, and outside professional development.

4.5