Central Michigan University Employee Reviews

This is generally a great place to work.
SAP Basis Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MichiganApril 11, 2014
I had a very active work life, and was required to work a great deal outside normal working hours. However, the stress levels tended to be relatively low and the campus was a lovely place to spend time outdoors and to walk. Management was mixed. We were micro-managed or the management was uninvolved. That made our jobs a lot harder than they needed to be.
Depends on your mgr
Library Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIOctober 2, 2012
This can be a difficult place to work. Lots of unrest between those running the day-to-day operations and the higher-ups. Managers have been known to stab people in the back. If you get a good manager, it can make this place the best experience you've ever had. Get a CYA manager and you might want to look for a different job.
Great people to be around where everyone is willing to help others be successful
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIOctober 30, 2015
Central Michigan gave me an experience that I will never forget. I've met life long friends and built my network up from the variety of different people I have came in contact with.
Pros
Free room and board
Cons
Early morning key-ins
Great job to have with opportunities to work with students and faculty alike
ADMINISTRATIVE AIDE/OFFICE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 19, 2015
My day is filled with assisting students and faculty on different items collectively. Processing invoices for payment, collecting and submitting timesheets for hourly employees in US East Region (13 individual centers). Assist US East Operations Manager as his Executive Assistant.
Pros
Great university and staff to work with.
Cons
Lack of advancement opportunities
Very great place to work
Volunteer Assistant Coach (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIDecember 26, 2013
I learned so much about coaching and track and field during my time there. Working under and very knowledgeable group of people that wanted nothing but the best for the program. The most enjoyable part of my job there was working with the varies athletes watching the struggles and the success making them into great young adults.
Productive and Safe Workplace
Tutor for Organic Synthesis Lab (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIDecember 19, 2014
A typical day consisted of meeting with 5-10 students who had questions based on the organic synthesis lab. Questions based on laboratory reports and problem solving were the main points. The hardest part was the hours were inconsistent. However, it was rewarding when students would thank me for what I had taught them other than the professor.
Campus Employment
Residence Life Moving Crew (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIJanuary 23, 2013
This job was flexible and I was able to develop great time management skills, while maintaining a steady job and heavy course load throughout my time at Central Michigan University. I was able to work in a productive and comfortable work environment with other fellow students. This job provided me the opportunity to build upon my people skills in a team structured environment.
Fun, safe environment
Server/ Secretary (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MISeptember 16, 2014
I was able to get to know more professors in the physics department and the dining hall was filled with student workers who were just like myself. We could relate to each other as we were working to pay our way thru college.
Pros
safe, good work enviroment
Cons
low pay
This was job at the Merrill Hall front desk
Desk Receptionist and Manager (Former Employee) –  Merrill Hall front DeskAugust 16, 2012
It has been a long time since I worked here. That being said it was a great job. There was always a very good relationship between the staff. It was a good college job and I would recommend it to people.
Pros
good hours, flexible schedual
Cons
pay was ok, no personal time
Laid back schedule
French Tutor (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIJune 1, 2013
This job only required a few days of work a week. My schedule was very flexible and my shifts were not very long. Though I did enjoy having a lot of free time, it was difficult because the lack of hours did not make for a good paycheck.
Worth every minute!
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIJanuary 18, 2012
Being a Resident Assistant was a fabulous job. I loved every minute of it. I meet hundreds of new people and learned so much about myself. This experience changed me as a person and I would not trade it for the world. It was a lot of hours and hard work.
Pros
personal growth.
Nice place to work/study
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIOctober 15, 2015
I am working as a Graduate research assistant. Timing of my job are flexible. I have worked on various front end technologies like NodeJS, JQuery. HTML/CSS. Hardest part of the job is to keep yourself updated with various technologies and work independently
Hands on Experience
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIMay 28, 2015
I loved the opportunity that CMU was able to give me while I was continuing my education. There was a balance between my duties as an instructor and my duties as a student. Unlike other graduate teaching assistantships, I was completely responsible for my classes each semester.
Great place to work!
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIJanuary 25, 2015
Was a great place to work. I met a lot of people there as well as got to eat after every shift. Learned how to cook certain things that I hadn't before. Wish I would of got a job there when I was a freshman, Would recommend this job to any student looking for work.
Good Place to practice
Busser (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIAugust 27, 2014
Prepare food such as chopped vegetables ahead, or serve meal during the lunch time and dinner time. I learned how to prepared food such as how much food should be prepare during the lunch time, how much food should be prepare during the dinner time. How to forecast in the future. In this job, not have too hard work to do.
a good school
Research assistant, Department of Economics (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MISeptember 3, 2013
it was good school, but, I was promised to get a scholarship after I complete the first semester with 4.0 GPA. However, the economy it was against to get that, so as result I could not finish the degree due to lack of fund.
Top of the line Athletic Training Education Prgram
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MISeptember 5, 2012
Teach classes in the morning, office hours through mid day and athletic training coverage for intramurals in the evening.
The hardest part of the job is managing both work and school.
The most enjoyable part of the job is teaching and mentoring undergraduate athletic training students
Trades Helper (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MISeptember 16, 2014
get here in the mourning grab some work orders, work on them all day. good management. good co-workers, hardest part of the job is having to work in the weather, best part is a "job well done".
Pros
close to home
Cons
hard to advance
Central Michigan University is focus on teaching SAP knowledge to the students and did excellent job.
VB Graduate Assistant - Visual Basic tutor (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIOctober 21, 2013
Time management at school
SAP knowledge (Configuration, ABAP, Modules)
Team work experience
Leadership experience
Multi-culture communication
Uplifting and productive.
Chemistry Lab Aide (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIMarch 20, 2014
I spent a lot of time helping students learn basic chemistry. Tutoring them on the steps of logical conclusions. It showed me various ways of teaching. I loved being hands on with science.

4.5