Central Michigan University

Central Michigan University Employer Reviews

Excellent Organization
Global Campus Center Director (Former Employee), Seymour-Johnson AFB, NCOctober 2, 2013
CMU is one of the best companies to work for. Great over-all culture.
Fun job
Grading Assistant (Former Employee), Mount Pleasant, MISeptember 26, 2013
Graded submitted coursework for approximately 100 Calculus students.
Maintained student records of tests and quizzes achievement for 100 students.
Determined grading curve based on student performance on tests and quizzes
Librarian
Government Document Reference Librarian (Former Employee), Mount Pleasant, MISeptember 21, 2013
Work schedule was flexible for attaining an education.
The most enjoyable part of the job was researching government documents.
The place with no culture confilict
Teaching Professional Specialist in Finance (Former Employee), Mount Pleasant, MISeptember 9, 2013
I love this place very much. My great finance career starts from here. Very nice colleagues.
Great bennefits
a good school
Research assistant, Department of Economics (Former Employee), Mount Pleasant, MISeptember 3, 2013
it was good school, but, I was promised to get a scholarship after I complete the first semester with 4.0 GPA. However, the economy it was against to get that, so as result I could not finish the degree due to lack of fund.
Great work environment
ACCOUNTING DEPARTMENT STUDENT ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Mt. Pleasant, MISeptember 2, 2013
Great jobs at Central Michigan University but little chance for advancement following graduation, jobs simply meant to subsidize living throughout schooling.
N/A
Geology Department Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee), Mount Pleasant, MIJuly 31, 2013
Good reinforcement of material, enjoyed working with students and teaching Geology
Exciting opportunity to lead young men to excellence
Assistant Baseball Coach (Former Employee), Mount Pleasant, MIJuly 31, 2013
Pros: coaching the players, building relationships with coaches
Cons: time away from family
A typical practice day I worked in the office from 8am until 2 pm where I performed multiple duties including fundraising, team travel, scouting reports, video analysis, practice plans, academic evaluations, teaching class, equipment ordering and distributing, recruiting for the team and camp, constant contact with high school and summer coaches. We – more... would then have meetings with players and have 3 hours of practice. The we would then go with the players to weightlifting followed by watching video with them. I would spend the entire spring traveling to play games and/or recruiting all around the country. The entire summer would be spent traveling to watch kids play whereas I would be on the road at least 5 days a week for 3 months. I would typically get about 5 off days during a Six month span from January to August. The hardest part of the job is being away from my family so much while the most enjoyable part is the ability to teach baseball to the young men. – less
Assembly
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Mount Pleasant, MIJuly 22, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: work hours
Assembly Line work is tough at times but, overall its not bad...for those wanting to continue that line of work.
fun workplace
Grill Cook/Server/Dishwasher (Former Employee), Mount Pleasant, MIJuly 13, 2013
i learned how to multitask, i cooked and served food. the most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the customers
Outstanding university to teach for.
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee), Mount Pleasant, MIJune 9, 2013
Loved working for the univesity, they had to close the school I was teaching for because of lack of students.
Laid back schedule
French Tutor (Former Employee), Mount Pleasant, MIJune 1, 2013
This job only required a few days of work a week. My schedule was very flexible and my shifts were not very long. Though I did enjoy having a lot of free time, it was difficult because the lack of hours did not make for a good paycheck.
Fun workplace with a lot of freedom
Kulhavi Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Mount Pleasant, MIMay 30, 2013
Working in the same place as you are living is difficult at times, however the management supported my well-being.
Excellent place to live and grow
Residence Hall Director (Current Employee), Mount Pleasant, MIMay 24, 2013
Great place to work, lots of opportunities to grow professionally.
Great company
Human Resources Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Mount Pleasant, MIMay 22, 2013
• Performed human resources activities such as training documentation, employee updates and reviews, product cost analyses, work-load tracking, employee concern reporting, and various tasks.
• Performed outreach activities for the department including presentations, events, and media work.
• Head Coordinator for CMU’s participation in the Recycle Mania – more... competition against 600 schools.
• Wrote and gathered all documents for a nation-wide Green Cleaning Award, which CMU won.
• Responsible for tracking employee training hours in SAP and tracking department expenditures.
• Performed an employee efficiency analysis to secure two additional full time employees. – less
Good Place for students
Student (Former Employee), Mount Pleasant, MIApril 24, 2013
Learned hard work and great place for students to start out.
Good Atmosphere
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Mount Pleasant, MIApril 23, 2013
Pros: experience
Cons: travel when needed.
Doing research is a great way to expand my knowledge and gain experience in the field and I loved every task I was given.
Excellent Staff
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Mount Pleasant, MIApril 22, 2013
I started a website designed to help connect current and past MSA students. I learned how to start a website from scratch and research classroom topics for higher education learning. My supervisors are very helpful and went above and beyond to help me get a clear understanding of my duties. The hardest part of my job was finding websites databases to – more... use, but overall I enjoyed working with my staff and supervisors. – less
Just a teaching assistant.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Mount Pleasant, MIApril 10, 2013
I was just a student taking credit as a teaching assistant, so I did not get paid. I like the psychology department because it is diverse and you are pretty much guaranteed to find someone you will like.
Great Place
Biotechnology/Bioinformatics Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Mount Pleasant, MIMarch 13, 2013
They work well around your schedule as a student and allow you to get experience in areas you will make a career out of.

About Central Michigan University

Academic advancement is central at Central Michigan University (CMU). It offers undergraduate, graduate, and professional coursework – Read more

Central Michigan University Photos