Central Michigan University Employee Reviews in United States

Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Mt. Pleasant, MIMay 16, 2015
Working for Central Michigan University was a great experience. My supervisors were laid back but professional, and would teach you anything you needed to know in a way that stuck.
A good place to work.
Co-Camp Director (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIFebruary 4, 2013
Typical day consists of a early morning session monitoring camp employees and campers in attendance. Logging camper hours. Organizing and preparing for lunch. Then a mid day session again logging workers hours and monitoring camper activities. Running a coaches corner where there is personal interaction between myself and the high-school coaches in attendance. An afternoon session where I monitor the camp employees and campers and log employee hours. Then a coaches social that night where I entertain coaches and ensure that they have a good time while bringing there athletes to our camps.
I learned how to manage people and time.
My co-workers are good hard working people.
The hardest part of the job is staying organized and working long hrs.
The most enjoyable part of the job is providing a great product.
Pros
providing a great product that promotes central michigan university
Cons
very demanding and time consuming
Flexible and diverse work place
CENTRAL MICHIGAN UNIVERSITY GRADUATE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIApril 6, 2015
Working at CMU has allotted a vast variety of opportunity and has been very flexible, understanding, and exciting. I love working here and I am sad to be relocating!
Great company
Human Resources Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIMay 22, 2013
• Performed human resources activities such as training documentation, employee updates and reviews, product cost analyses, work-load tracking, employee concern reporting, and various tasks.
• Performed outreach activities for the department including presentations, events, and media work.
• Head Coordinator for CMU’s participation in the Recycle Mania competition against 600 schools.
• Wrote and gathered all documents for a nation-wide Green Cleaning Award, which CMU won.
• Responsible for tracking employee training hours in SAP and tracking department expenditures.
• Performed an employee efficiency analysis to secure two additional full time employees.
Student Research Assistant
Student Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIJune 23, 2012
Responsible for conducting experiments regarding fertilization viability of organisms. Plating techniques included using the sterile streaking technique with a sterile loop for bacterial distribution on LB/LB+CAM/LB+AMP plates. Also used plating techniques when incorporating plasmids during bacterial transformation. Other techniques learned include: nucleic acid and protein techniques such as PCR, restriction digests, transformation, agarose gel electrophoresis, protein purification, immunofluorescence, SDS-PAGE, and Western blotting. Also, organic chemistry techniques such as, chromatography, extraction and precipitations.
Interesting course, interesting students
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VASeptember 27, 2014
I decided to teach at Central Michigan because they were offering a graduate course (Leadership) for interesting students (personnel at Fort Belvoir, VA) that intrigued me. My intuitions about the course and students proved correct, but I did not appreciate having to teach out of an assigned text that did cover the material as well as I thought it needed to and received little help from support staff who worked in Michigan in setting up my internet materials for the course.
Pros
wide range of courses
Cons
little support
It was a good experience.
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIMay 7, 2015
The overall work experience was great. It was nice being able to help those students who struggled in things like mathematics and statistics.
Great Experience
Student Activist (Former Employee) –  Mt Pleasant MIApril 17, 2015
It was for Class purposes only. It was an experience I was blessed to be apart of. We would look at the ways to get people from being homeless and how we could help them.
Great learning, and pleasant work environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIJune 5, 2014
A typical day would consist of students wanting assistance registering for class, answering financial aid questions, making sure monitors have correct information for that night class. If hosting an event make sure everything is going to go smoothly. The most enjoyable part of the job is no matter what center you are at around the country we are all one great team and we like each other.
Pros
free tickets to events, great catered food, wonderful instructors and professors
Cons
meetings in far away locations, difficult students
Campus Employment
Residence Life Moving Crew (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIJanuary 23, 2013
This job was flexible and I was able to develop great time management skills, while maintaining a steady job and heavy course load throughout my time at Central Michigan University. I was able to work in a productive and comfortable work environment with other fellow students. This job provided me the opportunity to build upon my people skills in a team structured environment.
Central Michigan University is focus on teaching SAP knowledge to the students and did excellent job.
VB Graduate Assistant - Visual Basic tutor (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIOctober 21, 2013
Time management at school
SAP knowledge (Configuration, ABAP, Modules)
Team work experience
Leadership experience
Multi-culture communication
Productive and Safe Workplace
Tutor for Organic Synthesis Lab (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIDecember 19, 2014
A typical day consisted of meeting with 5-10 students who had questions based on the organic synthesis lab. Questions based on laboratory reports and problem solving were the main points. The hardest part was the hours were inconsistent. However, it was rewarding when students would thank me for what I had taught them other than the professor.
Exciting opportunity to lead young men to excellence
Assistant Baseball Coach (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIJuly 31, 2013
A typical practice day I worked in the office from 8am until 2 pm where I performed multiple duties including fundraising, team travel, scouting reports, video analysis, practice plans, academic evaluations, teaching class, equipment ordering and distributing, recruiting for the team and camp, constant contact with high school and summer coaches. We would then have meetings with players and have 3 hours of practice. The we would then go with the players to weightlifting followed by watching video with them. I would spend the entire spring traveling to play games and/or recruiting all around the country. The entire summer would be spent traveling to watch kids play whereas I would be on the road at least 5 days a week for 3 months. I would typically get about 5 off days during a Six month span from January to August. The hardest part of the job is being away from my family so much while the most enjoyable part is the ability to teach baseball to the young men.
Pros
coaching the players, building relationships with coaches
Cons
time away from family
Good university
Research assistant (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIMarch 22, 2015
Enjoy the work and study experience there.

Nice campus environment and excellent professors there.

Gained a lot of experience on research!
welcoming
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  mt pleasant, MIMarch 19, 2015
professors were extremely interested in your success and training. They provided mentoring and allowed you to see possibilities.
Great place to work!
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIJanuary 25, 2015
Was a great place to work. I met a lot of people there as well as got to eat after every shift. Learned how to cook certain things that I hadn't before. Wish I would of got a job there when I was a freshman, Would recommend this job to any student looking for work.
This was job at the Merrill Hall front desk
Desk Receptionist and Manager (Former Employee) –  Merrill Hall front DeskAugust 16, 2012
It has been a long time since I worked here. That being said it was a great job. There was always a very good relationship between the staff. It was a good college job and I would recommend it to people.
Pros
good hours, flexible schedual
Cons
pay was ok, no personal time
Trades Helper (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MISeptember 16, 2014
get here in the mourning grab some work orders, work on them all day. good management. good co-workers, hardest part of the job is having to work in the weather, best part is a "job well done".
Pros
close to home
Cons
hard to advance
Laid back schedule
French Tutor (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIJune 1, 2013
This job only required a few days of work a week. My schedule was very flexible and my shifts were not very long. Though I did enjoy having a lot of free time, it was difficult because the lack of hours did not make for a good paycheck.
Learning and Memory
Learning and Memory (Former Employee) –  Mt.Pleasant, MIJanuary 19, 2015
Learned and applied principles of human learning and memory. Completed a personal behavioral modification over a two month period where learned concepts were used to effectively modify a behavior.

4.5