Central Michigan University

Central Michigan University Employer Reviews

Just a teaching assistant.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Mount Pleasant, MIApril 10, 2013
I was just a student taking credit as a teaching assistant, so I did not get paid. I like the psychology department because it is diverse and you are pretty much guaranteed to find someone you will like.
Great Place
Biotechnology/Bioinformatics Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Mount Pleasant, MIMarch 13, 2013
They work well around your schedule as a student and allow you to get experience in areas you will make a career out of.
Good Uni.
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), MichiganMarch 6, 2013
Good experience with study. I used to teach students at the University. Overall the uni. was good.
Interesting and worthwhile work, but limited security
Composition Lecturer (Current Employee), Mount Pleasant, MIFebruary 5, 2013
Always enjoyed the work there, but there was limited opportunity for advancement and absolutely no long-term security. =
A good place to work.
Co-Camp Director (Current Employee), Mount Pleasant, MIFebruary 4, 2013
Pros: providing a great product that promotes central michigan university
Cons: very demanding and time consuming
Typical day consists of a early morning session monitoring camp employees and campers in attendance. Logging camper hours. Organizing and preparing for lunch. Then a mid day session again logging workers hours and monitoring camper activities. Running a coaches corner where there is personal interaction between myself and the high-school coaches in – more... attendance. An afternoon session where I monitor the camp employees and campers and log employee hours. Then a coaches social that night where I entertain coaches and ensure that they have a good time while bringing there athletes to our camps.
I learned how to manage people and time.
My co-workers are good hard working people.
The hardest part of the job is staying organized and working long hrs.
The most enjoyable part of the job is providing a great product. – less
Campus Employment
Residence Life Moving Crew (Former Employee), Mount Pleasant, MIJanuary 23, 2013
This job was flexible and I was able to develop great time management skills, while maintaining a steady job and heavy course load throughout my time at Central Michigan University. I was able to work in a productive and comfortable work environment with other fellow students. This job provided me the opportunity to build upon my people skills in a – more... team structured environment. – less
Teaching assistant
Head Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Mount Pleasant, MIJanuary 21, 2013
It's great earning money while studying. It's five hours a week and doesn't take away significantly from study time.
Student Involvement
Desk Associate (Former Employee), Mount Pleasant, MIDecember 17, 2012
This job is very helpful for someone is lives in the dorms. It helps for the individual to meet new people and make friends.
Fun
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Mount Pleasant, MIDecember 7, 2012
Pros: outdoors
Cons: worked for family
Great job while I was in school balanced well with school hours
Horticultural Technician (Former Employee), Mount Pleasant, MIOctober 31, 2012
Pros: the money
Cons: working in the cold
Loved working here wish I could of stayed. The hardest part was leaving.
Fun
Lab Consultant (Former Employee), Mount Pleasant, MIOctober 21, 2012
I have learned about Coordination and Consulting with students on lab locations and printing locations. I have also learning about updating each lab every hour with new supplies.
Very good place to work
Custodial Maintenance (Former Employee), Mount Pleasant, MIOctober 21, 2012
Pros: medical accidents on job covered, flexibility of hours
Cons: no benefits or perks, seasonal work
A typical day of cleaning a unit was making sure kitchen appliances looked new after cleaning, making sure all window were clean and sills were free of any and all debris, cleaning all light fixtures, banisters, carpets, and bathroom fixtures. All floors had to be stripped, waxed and buffed at the end of the cleaning process. Each unit took approximately – more... 16 hours with the drying of the floors included. You worked alone on this job which was nice, but the hardest part of the job was cleaning up after someone totally destroyed the place and left garbage all over to be picked up. The most enjoyable part of the job was that you cleaned when your schedule permitted availability. Management was very good and supplied with all materials and body gear needed to complete job. – less
Very good place to work
Custodial Maintenance (Former Employee), Mount Pleasant, MIOctober 21, 2012
Pros: medical accidents on job covered, flexibility of hours
Cons: no benefits or perks
Better than average pay
Adjuct Professor (Current Employee), Michigan troy campusOctober 6, 2012
I enjoy almost everything about teaching at this school. I believe that raises in adjunct pay occur, based upon time in the program.
Fun and energetic
Gymnastics Instructor (Former Employee), Mount Pleasant, MIOctober 3, 2012
A great way for the university to connect and work with the community.
Depends on your mgr
Library Student Worker (Former Employee), Mount Pleasant, MIOctober 2, 2012
This can be a difficult place to work. Lots of unrest between those running the day-to-day operations and the higher-ups. Managers have been known to stab people in the back. If you get a good manager, it can make this place the best experience you've ever had. Get a CYA manager and you might want to look for a different job.
Social energetic environment
University Moving Crew (Former Employee), Mount Pleasant, MISeptember 14, 2012
Central Michigan University supplied me with a summer job this past summer. The was a moving crew job, where 30+ students work together to set up for events, and prepare the campus for camps and move in. The students working were all very social and provided one of the best summers i've had here at CMU. The boss was also a great guy to work with, very – more... on point and ready to get things rolling everyday. – less
Top of the line Athletic Training Education Prgram
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Mount Pleasant, MISeptember 5, 2012
Teach classes in the morning, office hours through mid day and athletic training coverage for intramurals in the evening.
The hardest part of the job is managing both work and school.
The most enjoyable part of the job is teaching and mentoring undergraduate athletic training students
This was job at the Merrill Hall front desk
Desk Receptionist and Manager (Former Employee), Merrill Hall front DeskAugust 16, 2012
Pros: good hours, flexible schedual
Cons: pay was ok, no personal time
It has been a long time since I worked here. That being said it was a great job. There was always a very good relationship between the staff. It was a good college job and I would recommend it to people.
Great Place to gain experience
Lab Technician (Former Employee), Mount pleasant, MIAugust 11, 2012
Central Michigan University is a place where you can learn about yourself as well as how to interact with others. It is a great place to start your career or maintain one.

About Central Michigan University

Academic advancement is central at Central Michigan University (CMU). It offers undergraduate, graduate, and professional coursework – Read more

Central Michigan University Photos