Central Minnesota Mental Health Center

Central Minnesota Mental Health Center Employee Reviews

Great support staff... administration sucks
Targeted Case Manager (Former Employee), St. Cloud, MNMay 14, 2015
Pros: Passionate, caring direct service personnel
Cons: Administration at all levels
Central Minnesota is one of those agencies that has spread itself so thin, the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. Though it is full of passionate young people trying to do their best with mental health issues, the administration is very unaware of what is happening in the trenches. One week I was being interviewed for a promotion, the next I was let go (I receive unemployment, so it was not for cause) because I had not documented clients who weren't even officially clients. Targeted Case Management is both a huge moneymaker and a poorly defined job. What I had hoped would be work involving continual contact with troubled clients became nothing but a treadmill for paperwork. In the five months I worked at this place, there was not a single opportunity to discuss client issues. All administrators wanted to talk about was new forms, vague paperwork and a computer system that did not work. For an agency with many hundreds of computers and complicated software, Central Minnesota had an IT department of one and farmed everything out to an expensive 3rd party, non-responsive corporate entity. To this day, despite the obvious HIPPA violation, I still have full access to Central Minnesota's client database. This is how poorly the agency is administrated. For a person with 10 years of experience and a Master's Degree, I was paid $17 an hour -- they have a terrible pay scale.
Ladc (Former Employee), Saint Cloud, MNJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: respect and dignity
Cons: placement time
I dealt with Detox clientele. This facility did an appropriate job of taking care of clients in a respectful manner. The staff was appropriate and kind. I performed rule 25 assessments, diagnosed clientele and counseled for addiction.
Not bad.
Mental Health Practitioner (Former Employee), Saint Cloud, MNNovember 3, 2014
Monitoring of daily activities and making a home environment.
Best job ever
LPN (Former Employee), Saint Cloud, MNAugust 21, 2013
Pros: leftover food is free for eating, working weekend optional, homey atmosphere
Cons: can get very busy with no breaks
If you like to sit at a desk this job is for you! Very interesting work. Repetitiveness with checking patient vitals frequently and admitting/discharging often but the one on one with a variety of patients keeps it from being boring. Very nice staff and manager. Easy job to handle. Not too much skill required. Mental Health Practitioner qualification is a must as you will work with crisis patients along with detox patients.
Internship
Marriage and Family Therapy Intern (Former Employee), Saint Cloud, MNJuly 5, 2012
Learning in mental health while in graduate school. Participated in therapy with SPMI clientell.

About Central Minnesota Mental Health Center

We are a non-profit organization dedicated to providing a wide array of mental health services to meet diverse community needs. – Read more

Central Minnesota Mental Health Center Salaries