Central Minnesota Mental Health Center

Central Minnesota Mental Health Center Employee Review

View all Central Minnesota Mental Health Center reviews

Never a dull moment
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Annandale IRTSSeptember 10, 2013
Program staff have a great sense of humor, are knowledgeable, and have a passion for the work that is evident in their client centered approach. The direct work itself is amazing and the clients are a privilege to work with. The clientele are made up of high risk adults with co-occurring mental illness and substance use disorders. The work is anxiety provoking, but interesting and exciting... high risk = high reward. There is an unfortunate disconnect in communication between administrators, supervisors, and program staff, which adds confusion and unnecessary stress on the workplace. The compensation and benefits (i.e. health insurance, ability to use PTO) are not great. The most enjoyable part of the job, outside of working with the clients and there never being a dull moment, is that the agency supports creativity and may provide supervision to meet professional licensing standards. Also, some programs within the agency are eligible for school loan forgiveness.
Pros
Never a dull moment, clientele are amazing, most program staff are passionate about work
Cons
Compensation & benefits

Other Central Minnesota Mental Health Center Employee Reviews

Great place
Technician (Current Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNNovember 29, 2016
You are given opportunities to help people in a stressful time in their lives . The director is open minded and always ready to assist with any issues.
Pros
Casual
Cons
No lunch room
Great support staff... administration sucks
Targeted Case Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNMay 14, 2015
Central Minnesota is one of those agencies that has spread itself so thin, the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. Though it is full of passionate young people trying to do their best with mental health issues, the administration is very unaware of what is happening in the trenches. One week I was being interviewed for a promotion, the next I was let go (I receive unemployment, so it was not for cause) because I had not documented clients who weren't even officially clients. Targeted Case Management is both a huge moneymaker and a poorly defined job. What I had hoped would be work involving continual contact with troubled clients became nothing but a treadmill for paperwork. In the five months I worked at this place, there was not a single opportunity to discuss client issues. All administrators wanted to talk about was new forms, vague paperwork and a computer system that did not work. For an agency with many hundreds of computers and complicated software, Central Minnesota had an IT department of one and farmed everything out to an expensive 3rd party, non-responsive corporate entity. To this day, despite the obvious HIPPA violation, I still have full access to Central Minnesota's client database. This is how poorly the agency is administrated. For a person with 10 years of experience and a Master's Degree, I was paid $17 an hour -- they have a terrible pay scale.
Pros
Passionate, caring direct service personnel
Cons
Administration at all levels

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Central Minnesota Mental Health Center. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9