Central Mississippi Medical Center

Central Mississippi Medical Center Employer Reviews

Chance to grow and move up
Emergency Room Medical Technician (Former Employee), Jackson, MSMarch 11, 2014
Central Mississippi is a great place to work the staff there treat you life family which its a family base hospital,
MLS II(Blood bank,Generalist) (Former Employee), Jackson, MSDecember 18, 2013
Mangement will not back up. Mangement do not appericate the efforts and dedication you put forth.
Fast Pace
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Jackson, MSOctober 25, 2013
The emergency room was my passion. It kept me on high alert and I learned so much in a small amount of time. I loved my team and also everything my job entailed. The hardest part of the job was losing a patient but the most enjoyable was saving them.
cmmc
Coder (Former Employee), Jackson,msOctober 18, 2013
Pros: free lunch. good pay.
Cons: management is terrible. short breaks.
cmmc is an okay place to work but management is the problem in some depts. they feel like they can talk to you any kind of way and that is not good for business. The pay was good but not worth the drama.
Very fast and straight to the point atmosphere.
NUTRITION SERVICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Jackson, MSAugust 5, 2013
Assisted in preparing, assembling and portioning food for patients using room service or scheduled meals. Transports patient’s room service trays and scheduled patient meal carts to patient floor and collects soiled trays documenting amount of food consumed by patient as needed. Prepared cold food items for the food vending machine, the cafeteria and – more... replenishes cafeteria supplies as needed. Performed various cleaning duties and other positions within the department per protocol. Followed safe food handling practices. Documented all information required to meet HACCP guidelines. – less
Productive and exciting place to work for
Patient Registration Representive (Current Employee), Jackson, MSMay 29, 2013
Typical work day busy,I learned a great deal about alot of healt issues,management works well with associated,coworkers love coming to work.
Nice place to work
Medical Technologist (Current Employee), Jackson, MSMay 26, 2013
Pros: quality patient care
Cons: interrupted breaks
Teamwork, providing quality patient care, on going growth within the company. Workload difficult but managable. Enjoyable part of the job is the clients satisfaction.
i enjoy everything i do and working with people
phlebotmist (Former Employee), Jackson, MSMay 14, 2013
I love working with people and being an assistant to others. I am a people person and would love for you to experience a person that want to work and give 100 percent in all I do.
Productivity, fun place to work
Financial Counselor (Former Employee), Jackson, MSMay 8, 2013
Pros: n./a
Cons: under staff
It was a nice place to worjk for had been aemployed employed with them 21 years
team environment, great customer service
Director of Respiratory Care (Former Employee), Jackson, MSApril 11, 2013
Upper Management changed positions frequently, hard to keep up with new policies and procedures
Good people to work for that encourages rapid advancement of personnel.
Administrative Assistant I (Former Employee), Jackson,MSMarch 5, 2013
Great coworkers, good benefits. A lot of turnover in executive staff due to fast-tracking of management to senior positions. Had a lot of interaction with all areas of the hospital and customers.
Great people to work with in surgery
RNFA (Current Employee), Jackson, MSDecember 27, 2012
Pros: flexibility
Cons: small teams
Great coworkers and physicians to work with. Sometimes very busy days and sometimes slow. I learned everything from circulating, scrubbing, and first assisting. I felt like my co workers were part of my family.
Understaffed
RN (Former Employee), JacksonOctober 23, 2012
Pros: can purchase items in house with your badge & have it payrolled deducted.
Cons: short staffed, stressful work environment, outdated systems, and poorly crossed trained nurses.
The expectation is high to provide care to patients without regard to your expertise. For example, psych nurses and pediatric nurses being pulled to acute floors. This hospital is on a comeback but puts quantity over quality. They work their workers way to much!
Good environment to work in and learn new things.
Diet Clerk (Former Employee), jackson, msOctober 5, 2012
Pros: fun and friendly environment
Cons: low staffing
Learning new things and updating the new changes.I was responsible for taking patients orders as well as visitors. Make sure that all nourishment feedings had been filled while maintaining fax, phones, and diet changes.
Work was stressful and under staff.
RN (Former Employee), Jackson, MSJune 13, 2012
Pros: the beginning of learning about chemotherapy
Cons: unde staff
This position cause me concerns about the security of my license.
The work environment with coworkers were stressful and unhappy environment. However, I learned how to administer chemotherapy and the beginning of my IV skills.
Great learning experience
Handed instruments and supplies to surgeon (Former Employee), Jackson, MSMarch 14, 2012
This facility allowed me to gain hands on experience working with surgeons and nurses. Each case that I was allowed to scrub on as a surgical technologist were great learning tools and the team took pride in teaching and sharing knowledge.
OK PLACE TO WORK
PHLEBOOTOMIST (Former Employee), LABFebruary 20, 2012
Pros: closer to home
Cons: pay and benefits
THERE IS A NEED FOR IMPROVEMENT ON PAY AND ON BENEFITS. I FEEL PHLEBOTOMIST ALL OVER SHOULD GET BETTER PAY. THERE IS A GREAT RISK IN BLOOD DRAWING AS WELL AS IN NURSING.

About Central Mississippi Medical Center

William Schoen, chairman of Health Management Associates (HMA), once described his company as the "Wal-Mart of the hospital business" – Read more