Central Nassau Guidance and Counseling Services

Central Nassau Guidance and Counseling Services Employee Reviews

Entry Level (Current Employee) –  HicksvilleApril 8, 2017
Great place to work with excellent benefits and paid time off. The company recognizes approximately 12 holidays a year which is a plus. I actually like getting up and going to work compared to the many jobs I had in the past. I disagree with the bad reviews on here. Many of them are probably from employees who didn't perform up to par. It's a great place to work and I highly recommend it.
Pros
Benefits, vacation time, holiday time off, excellent staff
Cons
Not at this time
Supportive work environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  950 South Oyster Bay Rd., HicksvilleApril 1, 2017
I have been with CN Guidance since 2000, it is a wonderful place to work. They provide a safe, caring and challenging work environment that helps bring out the best you have to offer.
Pros
Meaningful work with a great team
Good entry level position
Mental Health Counselor (Current Employee) –  Hicksville, NYMarch 22, 2017
Working at Central Nassau Guidance and Counseling services has taught me much more about mental illnesses such as bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, or major depressive disorder than a text book ever could. What I like about this job is working with clients, seeing them grow, and seeing them be able to move on to more independent living. However, the hours for this job are very difficult for me as it is a 24 hour care facility. The hours are longer than average and I am sometimes unable to take a proper break due to single coverage or the amount of work I have to do, which makes the days seem even longer. This job does offer good benefits including vision and dental.
Pros
insurance benefits
Cons
breaks, hours
Blessed for this opportunity
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hicksville, NYMarch 17, 2017
I have great co workers that turned into friends, which is makes it a pleasant environment to come to everyday. My boss is literally the best boss I have had in all my career experience.
Pros
Happy Environment, Great Benefits
Cons
There are none for me
Productive and Rewarding
AOT Senior Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Plainview, NYMarch 10, 2017
I'm thankful for having this opportunity to work with individuals who suffers from severe mental disabilities. This career path has advanced my personal growth. It allows me to instill in my clients how oneself can and should behave. Behavior is the way human beings and others act. Working here, has taught me to value, respect and appreciate every aspect of my own life.
Pros
Satisying and rewarding
you'll regret it.
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYJanuary 26, 2017
listen to the bad reviews, they are spot on. It is obvious by the dates that they gave themselves a good review, when they saw there was a bad one. This is one of the most mismanaged offices ever I have ever worked in. Everyone is trying to make someone else look bad to save their butt. Everyone is always contradicting themselves when it came procedures. You will be uninformed most of the time. It's sad. Hard work goes unnoticed, only the errors do they see. Unless you are the office manager, then she just hits delete, and will blame it on someone else. You are on your own here. Don't be fooled, the back stabbers smile in your face.
Pros
you got a job
Cons
you work here
making a difference and enjoying my work
Director (Current Employee) –  Hicksville, NYNovember 10, 2016
I have been working at CN Guidance for over 2 years now. Over this time I have meet some of the most wonderful people. My coworkers have such a drive to help the Long Island community. I feel very supported in my role, and enjoy collaborating with the team. We together as an agency strive to help as many people as we can. CNG is also very involved with providing professional development opportunities, and we come together as a team to recognize all different awareness days. Management is extremely supportive of one another - and also of their departments. We have a strong communication task force that is open to all of the departments to join - and through that we specifically work on making sure everyone has a voice. The benefits are excellent. We have a generous vacation and holiday schedule. I am very excited to continue my career here.
Pros
excellent benefits, supportive managers and staff, excellent communication
Do not work here
Employee (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYSeptember 22, 2016
I feel so bad for the population that have to attend this place. The Dr's yell and scream at staff in front of patients. The front desk staff is impossible to work with because they hide behind their union shield and management can't get rid of them. The other staff are horribly overworked and the moral is very low. In less than a month you will feel so withdrawn from the dysfunction occurring in this facility you will wish you never took the position. STAY AWAY!!!!!!
Pros
You can always find a cold soda in the vending machine
Cons
Horrible director of substance abuse program
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYAugust 25, 2016
Do not recommend this employer. Did not feel appreciated or respected. Often blamed by manager and very punitive towards patients and staff. Overworked and underpaid.
Pros
Parking
Cons
Clinical Director shows favoritism
A great place to work
Director (Current Employee) –  Hicksville, NYJuly 20, 2016
I've been with Central Nassau Guidance and Counseling Services for over 10 years. There's ability to grow within the agency and every staff person is valued and supported. The benefits are great and the atmosphere is very positive overall.
Pros
Morale, staff, career support

Want to know more about Central Nassau Guidance and Counseling Services?

Ask a question
Wrong salary
Lmsw (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYJune 3, 2016
Advertised LMSW position for a higher salary then offered. Don't let posting fool you. ….…………………,…..............:.......::::::::::…
Excellent Company
Program Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Plainview, NYMay 12, 2016
CN Guidance is a great place to work and notices employee potential, providing room for growth. It continues to grow and expand to provide services to the community!
Pros
friendly atmosphere, benefits
Job Satisfaction
Director (Current Employee) –  Hicksville, NYMay 8, 2016
I have been with this Agency for over 3 years. I find it an excellent company. I am very happy here and have an excellent benefit package and have already experienced growth. I highly recommend this Agency.
Pros
Great benefit package. Team approach. Provides training. Has Staff Wellness Day each year!
Cons
Do not have any cons
Love going to work now
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Hicksville, NYAugust 4, 2015
I have been with the agency for a few months now. Really enjoying coming to work every day. Have had nothing but support and encouragement from employees across all departments. I find this position to be rewarding - especially considering the work that we do here - helping those living with mental illness and addiction here on Long Island.
Pros
supportive work enviornment, excellent leadership, friendly co-workers, life saving services provided to the community
Cons
Terrible and awful place to work
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYJuly 13, 2015
I DO NOT recommend anyone work for this company. Their policies are horrible and despicable!! There is a supervisor who is a liar and will throw you under the bus if she gets a chance. They DO NOT give anyone a chance to improve or learn new things. The supervisor does not even know the job themselves and they criticize the person they are suppose to teach. Warning: DO NOT work for them!!!!
Pros
Cons
They are terrible and unfair and don't give you a chance to improve
Never a dull moment
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Hicksville, NYJuly 9, 2015
company undergoing many changes. High employee turnover at some sights which leads to understaffing. GREAT BENEFITS! mediocre pay.
Great place to work!
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Hicksville, NYMarch 19, 2013
Central Nassau Guidance is a great agency to work for and with. The agency is grounded and provides an excellent avenue for growth.
Pros
salary, health insurance, friendly, and cooperative staff