Central New Mexico Community College Employee Reviews

rewarding
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 16, 2016
Work the graveyard shift for approximately four years. I enjoy my job and the people I work with and for. I usually work alone and when a person does work along you must be self disciplined.
Pros
health insurance
Cons
work at night so the weather can get really cold
CNM is a great place to work
Clery Compliance Manager (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 12, 2016
CNM is a fantastic organization to work for. Great group of folks, lots of growth opportunity internally, awesome benefits.
A place of learning and expanding your knowledge
Computer Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 10, 2016
As I help students, I learn something new everyday and I enjoy helping students with any issues they may come across. The best part of my day at work is knowing that I helped a student to overcome a challenge.
F.I.F! ( fitness is fun:)
INTERNSHIP (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 29, 2016
I love CNM, everyone in this Fitness program is amazing eventhough we have a new program director. The staff aka instructors are amazing, they can be stubborn but they're awesome!
You learn alot in this program, it preps you for the real life. You'll do an internship and if you do well you'll get hired on the spot.
But once you work your butt off it will all pay off... TRUST ME!
Great place to work except for the "Big" bosses.
Radiologic Technology Program Director (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 3, 2016
Great place to work. Great Associate and Academic Dean. The upper administration, I feel, has truly lost the connection with the working class.
Pros
Great Deans
Cons
Hard work for little pay
Typical college atmosphere
Security Officer I (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 22, 2016
Great co-workers but management has bad attitude and school has become more about profits than actually helping students
CNM is a great place to work
Financial Aid Technician (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 20, 2016
Great people with a community enhancing goal. Although management is very top heavy it never felt like there were to many Chiefs. plenty of pet projects to improve CNM and get your name in the community.
Great Place
Adjunct Economics Instructor (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 13, 2016
Great work environment, supportive, good pay, much independence to design your own courses,; problem is lower enrollment, classes being reduced, loss of pay.
Fun place to work, with low pay and little job security
STEM Up Physics Tutor Full Time (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 9, 2016
Tutors are at the bottom of the barrel for pay. So we have to enjoy the work and students to stay here. Most of us have Bachelors degrees so even when they say degrees are not required, they are.
Great
Contact Representative (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 1, 2016
Great place to work and pay is decent. I would recommend this job to most people. The only thing that could be better is management.
Fun and engaging place to learn
Radiologic Technologist Intern (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NM 87106April 24, 2016
Learning at CNM was a great experience. The class sizes were small enough that everyone could get one on one interaction with their professors whenever they needed.
Great place to work.
Student Services helping many different students (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 15, 2016
My bosses worked with my college schedule and put my classes first. I learned other peoples jobs and how they related to my job.
Pros
Family environment.
Good school
College Student (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 22, 2016
Teachers are very helpful and motivate you to learn. The environment is very cheerful and has good views. All staffs only concern is making CNM the best fit for you.
Very flexible with class schedule
Student Employee Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 14, 2016
I worked in advisement at the West side campus, and it was a very friendly, professional, and flexible place to work. I would have loved to stay, however, I graduated from CNM in 2015.
Working at CNM has helped me improve my skills as a teacher.
English and Reading Instructor (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 8, 2016
Challenging job; never routine. It is exciting to help students improve the skills that will help them achieve their goals.
good place to work
Welding Lab Tech Assistant, Student (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 5, 2016
maintenance of the welding lab and equipment proved to be challenging at times. Daily interaction with the students and instructors presented a great learning opportunity.
an ideal place to work
Librarian Aide (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 2, 2016
In a typical day I could get research done while being paid to be at work. I was always in a very welcoming atmosphere with new people to meet everyday.
Pros
access to college materials
Cons
government pay for student workers is not enough to live on
Lots of dirty work
Student (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 30, 2015
Kept track of all shipments incoming and outgoing and inventoried a warehouse for a very large company that was relocating across town.
Pros
The people were good to work with
Cons
Temporary position
Pleasant place to work while in school
Student (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 30, 2015
Typical day included helping fellow students with directions, appointment setting, and assistance in the computer lab.
Contracting is not much different than working as a mason
Student (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 7, 2015
Contracting is very stressful in the beginning. Self doubt, deadlines and worrying about getting paid, all contribute to the stress of contracting. I learned that when I alone was responsible for everything under the sun, I was going to have to push the guys in order to be competitive

There are perks of course, like leaving anytime you wanted to (If possible) Finishing a job early, digging in dirt that is not too rocky or hard a granite. (Believe me these things are important!) Meeting interesting people is a great perk also.
Pros
Leaving the job to someone else
Cons
Stressing wheather or not you might have under bid a job

4.4