Central New Mexico Community College Employee Reviews

quick-paced, changing environment, great pay and benefits
Benefit Specialist (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 12, 2017
The institution is continually seeking to better its processes and procedures. It is a quick-paced environment and can be stressful at times. Great leadership, employee benefits and pay. Great place to work.
Great workplace for employees
Part-Time Faculty (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 6, 2017
I am still employed at the college and intend to stay. The opportunity to work with the future people in our trade is both challenging and rewarding for me.
choice
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 19, 2017
There is a real insight on potential job paths and career fields. The applications of skills was evident every day on the job and helped in encouraging a pursuit of a trade.
Great Place to Teach and Learn
Distance Learning Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 12, 2017
The instructors at CNM are very knowledgeable, the students are eager to learn and the entire experience of working at CNM feels quite empowering all around. I feel as if I can really make a difference at this institution.
Pros
Excellent Academic Freedome
Cons
Not Enough Classes are Online
Great place to work.
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 5, 2017
CNM is a great place to work. Has a good benefits package as well as retirement. Administration is great. Faculty, staff and students are important to them. Would recommend highly.
Pros
Great place to work and great benefits.
Cons
No Cons - Great Place
Cnm
Human & Physical Geography Instructor (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 22, 2017
The Math Science and Engineering Deans are wonderful bosses. Instructors are given needed support and freedom. Upper executive mangement seems 'checked out' of what the school really needs and how to spend money wisely.
Pros
Deans
Cons
Budget
The learning path for CNA
CNA Training (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMMay 30, 2017
This was a class, where we were assigned to rehab and senior facilities. The hardest part of the day was seeing when a patients was doing too well or in pain. What was enjoyable is that they never stopped smiling. This puts you to a test, is this the career you want.
Good experience time to move on
Process Analyst (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 19, 2017
I believe CNM is a great place to work. People are friendly and easy to get along with. I learned a lot about Financial aid and how it works, I did plenty of work with Populations selections.
Fun job that worked with school
Peer Mentor (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 29, 2017
I did this job while they had a grant for it at CNMCC. It was pretty fun and seemed beneficial to the help of the students there. I don't think it is a program there anymore though.
Teaching is a joy.
Part Time Instructor of Music (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 14, 2017
I have enjoyed my teaching at CNM, it has many good aspects and I have done well there. The recent economic picture seems to be troubling, but stronger economies are bound to rebound the colleges situation with regards to employment.
i would not recamend working for this this place
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 22, 2017
A typical day at work show up for briefing and find out where you where going to be posted depending on whether of not there was a patrol car available you would be forced to walk your beet

learned that u have to be careful who discussed what with one wrong word would cost you your job

Management is more about saving there own jobs then doing what is right

the hardest part of the job was keeping a positive outlook even though that you had to watch your back on a daily basses

the most enjoyable part of the job was getting off work
Pros
pay and benifts
Very Low stress environment
CNM Business Office (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 10, 2017
Perfect for work life balance. Low stress and friendly people all around. Most are all willing to help and assist as needed. Only drawback is the business processes are aged and hold no solid cut off dates that would be beneficial to all accounting and business functional teams. uniformity would be useful and provide solid structure.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
advancement is limited
Very nice place to work for, providing educational services for a better job.
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 7, 2017
CNM was a nice place to work. There were advanced opportunity for for different levels. Most people who worked as work studies were able to advanced to regular full-time positions.
Pros
Providing service for students to advance their education.
Cons
When students were not satisfied with their financial aid payment.
Temp Position
Student (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 7, 2016
This was a good company to work for, though it was short lived. The people were great and the work was hard, which I really enjoy.
Fun work place CNM
Student Employee (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 10, 2016
A typical day at work for me is completing the tasks I have on time and efficiently. My main goal is to help the students the best I can. I have learned many things working with students, especially learning how to interpret what they are asking for. I think that time management is important with my job because I have things that need to be completed daily. I love working with my co-workers, they are awesome and very helpful. There is nothing hard about this job, I think it's great. They accommodate my schedule and are very helpful. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping the students.
Pros
Work Schedule Accommodation
Cons
Short nreaks
rewarding
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 16, 2016
Work the graveyard shift for approximately four years. I enjoy my job and the people I work with and for. I usually work alone and when a person does work along you must be self disciplined.
Pros
health insurance
Cons
work at night so the weather can get really cold
CNM is a great place to work
Clery Compliance Manager (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 12, 2016
CNM is a fantastic organization to work for. Great group of folks, lots of growth opportunity internally, awesome benefits.
A place of learning and expanding your knowledge
Computer Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 10, 2016
As I help students, I learn something new everyday and I enjoy helping students with any issues they may come across. The best part of my day at work is knowing that I helped a student to overcome a challenge.
F.I.F! ( fitness is fun:)
INTERNSHIP (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 29, 2016
I love CNM, everyone in this Fitness program is amazing eventhough we have a new program director. The staff aka instructors are amazing, they can be stubborn but they're awesome!
You learn alot in this program, it preps you for the real life. You'll do an internship and if you do well you'll get hired on the spot.
But once you work your butt off it will all pay off... TRUST ME!
Great place to work except for the "Big" bosses.
Radiologic Technology Program Director (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 3, 2016
Great place to work. Great Associate and Academic Dean. The upper administration, I feel, has truly lost the connection with the working class.
Pros
Great Deans
Cons
Hard work for little pay