Central New York Psychiatric Center Employee Reviews in United States

Great Pay and Benefits
Secure Care Treatment Aide (Former Employee) –  Marcy, NYJuly 27, 2015
This position had great pay and benefits as it was a state position. However, the amount of hours expected to work (80+) were highly unreasonable for a person with a family.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
Amount of hours expected
Recreational Therapist
Recreational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Marcy, NYMarch 28, 2015
A typical day of a recreational therapist at CNYPC consists of providing a therapeutic environment for the residents as well as the staff members. The recreation department implements recreational activity programs throughout each day such as physical and cognitive based programs.
Benefits
Cons
Schedule
Great job working in the department of corrections; great benefits and pay. Administation was great to work with.
RN Nurse II (Former Employee) –  Marcy, NYOctober 24, 2014
My typical day started at 6:30pm at which time I would receive reports from outgoing staff. I had a lot of autonomy and worked with residents in the NY state department of corrections. I learned how to complete job evaluations and to work with the corrections population. My co-workers were extremely helpful and always willing to lend a helping hand. The hardest part of the job was the dangerous side to the position - you never knew when a situation would arrive. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a great group of people and the 12 hour shifts which allowed me a lot of flexibility for personal time at home.
Pros
great state benefits and pay
Cons
the unpredicatability of the residents
No longer challenging
Marcy, NY-Nurse III (Current Employee) –  Marcy, NYFebruary 28, 2013
Typical day at work- teaching, interaction with staff, management, other disaplines, research for teaching, preparing reports, analyzing data for reports/audits.
I have learned in this position to better prepare and present reports and teaching material.
Have a good repore with co-workers.
Hardest part of my job- feeling as though I am not involve in as much as I should be, being in the position that I am in.
Most enoyable part of my job the interaction with the patients and staff, being able to get out of my office and assist staff or teaching them.
Pros
continual learning experience
Cons
not enough involvement in the facility
very productive, very diciplined ,and organized
Staff Psychiatrist (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJanuary 30, 2013
New york psychiatric was dedicated to mentally ill inmate population.whole staff was great and very organized in taking care of the emergencies .in fact i have no negative comments about that place.
Pros
we were provideded with lots of benifits, such birth days, free meals andlots of benifit to count.
Cons
only the pit fall was that we had to go through security every day even though the knew us.
decent job
Secure Care Treatment Aide (Former Employee) –  Marcy, NYApril 2, 2015
helped me get on my feet....hours went up and down.....payrate was decent but always could be higher....small business decent people
Difficult place to work as it was working in the Prison setting.
Forensic Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Elmira Correctional FacilityDecember 31, 2013
Wanted to work with the mentally ill and ended up working with manipulating individuals. Overall, work was enjoyable.
Pros
working for omh
Cons
working with cons.
Daily job
Nurse 2 (Current Employee) –  Marcy, NYJuly 15, 2014
Passing medication to 30-50 inmates in a maximum-security setting. Dealing with psychiatric and medical crisis.
Pros
good health benefits
Cons
hours not fitting for home life
Great Opportunities for Advancement
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Marcy, NYOctober 25, 2012
A routine daily schedule that always kept you busy with structured managment guidance and great co-workers who were willing to help.
N/a
Security Hospital Treatment Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marcy, NYMay 1, 2014
N/A Nothing to say other than its a hard place to work day in and day out

4.4