Central Oregon Community College Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Disconnected leadership
Classified staff (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORNovember 18, 2016
Some managers are very inexperienced in the technical field they supervise. Leads to plausible deniability by management and frustration by those who perform direct work who are experienced in the field but input is dismissed. Poor lines of communication in some departments. Selects poor delivery methods for communication in field. One way communication. Direct supervision in some departments is punitive by nature. Preferential treatment without regard to compentency and assigns disproportionate workloads, with clear favoritisms. Leadership dismissive of concerns and out of touch with what happens at mid management level and on the ground. Little personal recognition of a job well done - which is shallow recognition. 360 evaluation of supervisors only every three years. Culture of leadership that lacks foresight and prevention- some are very reactionary, which makes it difficult for the leaders that seek inclusion and planning. Some departments are very top-down managers and hold all power at the top. Discourages dialogue about root causes of problems. Fear of looking incompetent. Speaks of diversity but lacks understanding about how to promote diversity and teamwork.
Pros
Benefits are good. Beautiful location. Some amazing staff and students.
Cons
Disparity across departments. Some are great. Classified, part-time instructors and adjunct have little voice
Great Benefits
Custodian/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORNovember 16, 2015
If you can adjust to night shift this is a great schedule that allows for work with great benefit compensation. This job gives you the freedom to accomplish nightly tasks independently.
Pros
Free Gym, Benefits
Cons
Working at night if you cannot adjust
Nice place to work with great people
Computer Lab Attendant (Former Employee) –  Redmond, ORSeptember 14, 2015
I enjoyed my time working at COCC as a computer lab attendant. I learned many new skills. I made several new friends. I enjoyed the casual environment of the lab.
Sometimes, when they were very few or no students working in the lab, it became somewhat boring. But I always tried to find something to do. Tasks such as: cleaning, returning e-mails, and refreshing supplies were done during slow times.
I would drive the van for lab.
Student volunteer (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORJune 26, 2015
Once in a while when my class had to go out for a lab such as field dendrology, I would drive one of the vans for my instructor. I would write down all the mileage, and some times had to get fuel with the school card. Retained the receipts to turn in and the mileage that we put on for that day.
Pros
I got to drive.
cocc
Student (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORMarch 18, 2015
It was good learned a lot. It was convenient . Wish they had more computers to do the work they needed more of them at times it was hard to get my home work done cause the computers where filled up I have noting bad to say about COCC. It was fun and a great place to attended
Pros
convenent
Cons
expensive
Working for COCC was a great experience.
Technical Support Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORJune 17, 2014
Wonderful group of people and administrators. I moved to enhance my education.
Pros
college benefits
Cons
Teaching college courses provided opportunities for creativity, utlizing my particular skills and talents, and interacting with a variety of people.
COMPUTER APPLICATIONS INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORAugust 22, 2013
• Credit Courses taught: Office Procedures & Systems; Keyboarding and Document Processing
• Continuing Education Courses taught: MS Office Suite Applications (Excel, Word), Quicken and QuickBooks
Good work for students
Computer Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORAugust 16, 2013
I like that the work was easy around scheduling. students life can be chaotic at best so this job made it easy. the only issue was that the work was not challenging enough and if you did have the time for more hours you could not because then they would have to give you benefits. The compensation was minimum wage and you were only allowed to work up to 15 hours max. Overall the job was good but if you relied on it alone you would starve.
Pros
works well around schedules
Cons
limited hours
Love this place!
EMT Basic Proctor (Current Employee) –  Bend, ORMay 11, 2013
Great college amazing atmosphere. perfect place to learn at an affordable cost. plus everyone is very friendly.
Pros
great advantages
Cons
n/a
COCC is great place to work, great support and staff
Faculty (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORNovember 5, 2012
Flexible staff for your needs and the needs of the students, with the highest degree of integrity and attention to a quality education.
Pros
great support
Great customer service and helping opportunities
Computer Lab Attendant III (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORAugust 21, 2012
Train and mentor student on computer use, supervise other attendants, troubleshooting, monitor computer lab, and provide data entry.
Pros
positive environment
Cons
no benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Central Oregon Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

Central Oregon Community College Reviews by Location