Central Pacific Bank Employee Reviews

Job Experience
Teller (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJuly 27, 2017
I honestly love having the customers smile while leaving my teller window. Although there are times when I want to pull my hair out and cry. My coworker are a blast to work with and the team building experiences are the best.
banking world
Bank Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kailua-Kona, HIMay 31, 2017
The other employees, co workers were very knowledgeable and friendly. They helped a lot. Details of transactions important. Making sure the policies were always a must.
Pros
hours
Risky Business
Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waipahu, HIMay 11, 2017
I was a teller and was robbed twice while working here. Once I was even robbed at gun point. I didn't want to leave especially because I enjoyed my coworkers and boss.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Chances of getting robbed
Feedback
Universal Banker II (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMarch 24, 2017
mainly assisting existing and new clients who need estate planning. Assist trust officers and relationship managers with preparation of presentation or portfolio modeling.
Fun and easy place to work
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMarch 8, 2017
Great benefits,great management and team. Just that the pay is too low.The most exciting part is able to help the customers with their financial needs.
One of the best bank to work
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMarch 5, 2017
This is one of the best bank I have ever work with. The staff are very nice, very accommodating and supportive. If only give the chance to hired permanent before I would have stayed.
Great Bank
Compliance Officer (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIOctober 15, 2016
This is a great Bank to start out at or to further your career. Everyone is friendly and receptive. There are many learning opportunities and opportunities to advance.
Good Environment
Teller and Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hilo, HIFebruary 23, 2016
Very good experience. Continued growth possibilities available at times. I just wish there were more branches on the Big Island for even more opportunities. Would definitely recommend.
Enjoyable Workplace. Appreciative of employees.
Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HISeptember 14, 2015
Management makes a real effort to make the workplace enjoyable. They are always looking at how they can improve. They have a strong desire to treat their clients right and ask the employees to take an extra step to provide more than the client expected. They provide great training programs to not only train you for your position but also for personal growth.
Pros
Executives are approachable
Cons
Technology needs further improvement
Lots of training and good environment
Teller & Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJune 29, 2015
Great environment, they recently upped minimum pay. Management is nice. Lots of benefits. Can be busy but it's a good experience.
horrible branch
Teller Service and Sales/Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Kailua, HIJune 3, 2015
Management will let customers insult employees, and will not be professional or even helpful. Worst branch I have been to.
Pros
benifits
Cons
everything else
Great flexibility and a decent place to work
Disaster Recovery Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HawaiiDecember 12, 2013
A typical day at includes a decent amount of documentation for various plans such as disaster recovery, system recovery and business recovery.

The hardest part of the job is creating and updating the documentation.

The most enjoyable part of the job is finding disaster recovery solutions for all priority systems and applications.
Fun to work with friends.
Loan Recovery Officer (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HINovember 8, 2013
Busy everyday
I did not learn anything
Micro Management
Friendly co-workers
Collecting debts from unemployed customer.
Working with Collection Agency.
Pros
Free T-Shirts for volunteers
Cons
Good Health benefits.
Productive workplace with a focus on the clients and employees
Commercial Branch Manager, Vice President (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJuly 16, 2013
This was a great place to work. They provide for employee feedback and actually listen. Management is very visible and willing to meet with employees to discuss issues and give praise. My co workers were hard working and reliable. The hardest part of the job was to get through the crash in the market and retain clients. The most enjoyable part of this job was that I was afforded the time to get out in the community to meet with business owners and come up with financial solutions that would benefit them. There were also many opportunities for community service/involvement that were loads of fun and networking at the same time.
Okay place to work; friendly people for the most part.
Compensation Analyst (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIAugust 6, 2012
Almost 5 years here, and basically it can be summed up as so-so. Low promotability and poor raises. Friendly people.
Enjoyable work place
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIApril 3, 2012
You always stay busy, and it was a great working enviroment with a lot of room for advancement.
Pros
job security
Cons
the commute

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Central Pacific Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Central Pacific Bank Reviews by Location