Central Payment Employee Reviews in United States

productive and helpful group to work with. All impress me with professionalism.
Regional Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 12, 2015
Excellent support staff at Central Payments. The company is on the up and up. They do what they can do to help a client..They are timely helping both clients and Account Executives. Always with a positive sunny outlook. I enjoy working with the entire team.
Cons
no benefits, health or 401k
Definition of Bottom Feeding Trash
UNKNOWN (Current Employee) –  UNKNOWNJune 7, 2016
Sigh, I don't know where to begin. If I took a dump, eat it up and then puke out that and then blend it with dirt, feed it to some moron for dinner and then he take a dump... that would be CPAY.

That is exactly how I can describe the bottom feeding trash of the level of service, the software, the hardware and the customer service that CENTRAL PAYMENT provide.
Pros
NONE
Cons
I am not going to list them. It won't fit it all in this small rectangular box
Teamwork workplace
Machine Operator II (Current Employee) –  San Rafael, CAJune 21, 2016
Answering emails in the morning, start to download credit card terminals, then I look if anyone needs my help after I'm done with my tasks. My co-workers always comes to me if they need help with anything and I'm glad I can help them. The most enjoyable part is when we all help each other.
Pros
work as a team and always have to be organize
Cons
I work in the warehouse but the corp office is far away.
See Resume
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Katy, TXJune 10, 2016
I have had a very positive experience with this company and would recommend them. They are merchant service company in business for fifteen years.
Terrible, unethical company
Assistant Manager, Tahoe Burger, Reno, NV (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 13, 2016
This is a terrible company that promises their customers everything and then will ignore them. Once they have your money they dont care. They also lie to their emplyees promising bonuses and all kinds of support yet give you the most medicore training and expect you to do the rest. I can't stress enough how terrible this company is both to work for and to do business with
New Contractor
Regional Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 14, 2016
I just started as an independent contractor with Central Payment. Not enough experience within the company to give the proper review
Not an ethical company
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 25, 2016
I would not encourage any sales rep to work for this company. Cpay is unethical, they charge merchants hidden fees, and they make it really tough for merchants to get out their contracts.
Cons
A lot you have to learn on your own
Credit Card Processing company that has their sh** together
Technical, Customer and Resolution Support (Former Employee) –  San Rafael, CAMarch 6, 2014
These guys really put some bright people together, and the owners are just inspiring how they act, talk to you, and treat their company and employees. One of their directors is a tyrant, however, and made the nearly 2 hour commute I agreed to just unbearable withing a month, and I hung in there 9 months. My immediate boss had NO power, and neither him, or the director, taught me a THING. I only learned of a great overall process for account management by a company, but no training or advancement provided. The director of operations came from working at a correctional facility, I believe, or something to do with law enforcement, and seemed like he forgot that at Central Payments he was not a CO, and we were not to be treated like inmates. Rough time. Most of the rest of the staff were a fun, hardworking bunch, and the overall culture was one of frivolity mixed with hard work.
Pros
free snacks, great parties, knowledgeable and cutting edge staff
Cons
tyrannic upper management, for me, long commute
The best of the best
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Irvine, caOctober 10, 2015
The management listens very well to improve the workforce. They treat their employees with care, where they will do what ever it takes to help their employees succeed. The most enjoyable parts are helping the customers understand what and why are product are the best.
Pros
management
Cons
location too far
Horrible experience!
Merchant Payment (Former Employee) –  MississippiSeptember 2, 2015
Horrible company people here are rude and treat people like they are nobody. It was so bad I had to play like I worked at a crisis line company or crazy company to work here to avoid them getting deep in my personal business about my previous work. The staff harassed me the whole time I was working here and treated me like I wasn't nobody and I will never work here ever again and I don't mind telling the world about this evil place sad!
Pros
None whatsoever
Cons
Horrible experience treated like I was nobody
Not Awesome but not Horrible
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Southwest FloridaMay 22, 2012
Cold calling on business to sell merchant processing services. The compensation can be awesome if you work really hard plus the residuals that are paid monthly. I have a friend that does this out in Cali (I'm in South Florida) and he's showed me his book of business. He's making over 120k a year with 70k of that being strictly residuals. Downside is it took him about 2 years to get his residuals built up.
Pros
marketing materials provided, management support, commissions/bonuses/residuals
Cons
no pre-qualified leads, no base salary, no local support
lousy!
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, AlMay 28, 2015
100% percent commission environment. No leads were provided through Central Payment. The management was patient and supportive of new hires. You really had to make your own opportunities at Central Payment instead of relying on the management or company.
Ethical work environment
Lead Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAJanuary 6, 2015
Working closely with management team to initiate marketing strategies that support the sales objectives of the company. Always representing the company professionally, ethically and morally at all times. Pursue new accounts through b2b, cold calls and advertising referrals. Build strong relationship with exciting clients, providing services when necessary. Create sales plans to maximize revenues in certain territories and optimize time spent at each location
I enjoyed the work/ working independently
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Lake Spur, CALIF.August 6, 2013
Like most sales /you must work hard to acheive your goals and for monetary gain/
Did walk and talk / found my own leads/ clled on customers to evaluate their needs/
Pros
offering a needed service in a very competive industry
Cons
needed more management assistance
Dynamic Support Team
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  ContractorJanuary 29, 2014
My typical day begins early. Time management is imperative to getting out and meeting with new and existing customers. My support team is always there to assist with any questions or concerns I may have during the course of the day.
Pros
if you like meeting new people and making a difference in the way they do business in a positive way, this job is very rewarding.
Cons
cold calling, if you are sensitive and can't take rejection, then this is not the job for you. no sales no paycheck
Productive and fun work role.
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 2, 2015
a typical day @ work is mingling with merchant's to schedule appointments to open new merchant accounts, calling the main office to the relevant departments to resolve merchant account issues.

I have learned the importance of managing a merchant account correctly.

my co-workers always back me up via all cylinders to resolve merchant account issues in a timely fashion.

the hardest part of my work role experiencing a merchant account cancellation.

the most enjoyable part of my work role is opening a new merchant account.
Pros
freedom of conducting my own work schedule.
Cons
cancelling merchant accounts.
Independent Contractor
Regional Account Manager / Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIMay 29, 2012
Very good company to work with. Being a Independent Contractor with this company has been a good experience. The management is very informative and supportive. Overall I would recommend this company to someone looking for an IC position in Merchant Services.
Merchant Consultant
Merchant Consultant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 18, 2014
Business to business sales, managing small to medium sized business merchant accounts, face to face sales and consulting, appointment and business presentations, maintained a professional and courteous atmosphere to ensure customer satisfaction, promoted business by courteous and efficient service, client interaction, technical and quantitative analytics and research, merger and acquisitions negotiations, business evaluations, meet with clients and customers regularly, analyzing merchant statements for business owners, advising clients for best business financial decisions, interpreting the merchant statements and recommending the best alternative
Unprofessional
Customer Service/Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAMarch 9, 2012
very unprofessional customers that would call in could hear the cursing in the background, employees were not knowledgeable about the company and products
Pros
always food to eat
Cons
health benifits 100%
job position
Lead Point of Sale Tech (Current Employee) –  San Rafael, CAMay 20, 2015
a typical work day consist of answering calls, helping merchants fix network issues and setup point of sale equipment and troubleshooting.