Central Payment Employee Reviews

Tough Start
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 19, 2017
Central Payment has a great reputation and great support staff. It is a 1099 job that with the right base, can be unlimited in potential. For a recent college grad with bills to pay, it can be a tough fit.
Pros
Staff and Hours
Cons
100% Commission
Hands on
Regional Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Queensbury, NYMay 4, 2017
Central Payment was very competitive in the sense that they gave you basic training, and when working in the real world going door to door to business's you weren't always given the tools the be successful. Your success usually came from that 1:20 business interested which you'd end up only making 200-300 per sale.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Described above.
Fun and educating
Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAJanuary 5, 2017
Learning and growing from and with the credit card processing world, wow. From the equipment, rates, analyzing statements, offering the better costs...LOVED IT!!! Along with the relationships that we built with not only our agents, but throughout the entire company!
Independent!
Inside/Outside Sales and Marketing Rep (Former Employee) –  Geneseo, IL/Hudson, IANovember 26, 2016
I was independent (IBO). The best part of my job is getting out and talking to business owners. Building rapport is very important when it comes to dealing with potential customers out of the company.I'm no longer in an IBO position. However, I highly recommend Central payment to any business owner. You will save quite a bit by switching your payment processing company.
Good flexible job
REGIONAL SALES MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, AROctober 25, 2016
Love having the freedom to make my own hours. Great, quick pay. Good overall corporate structure. Lots of room for making a lot of capital in a short time.
Higly Productive
Lead Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Rafael, CASeptember 26, 2016
Each day at work is a new challenge from setting personal and team goals in the call center. Work hand in hand with fellow leads and supervisors to improve call center numbers
Pros
Snacks provided on a daily
Cons
Work Scheduling
Great Company
Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Rafael, CASeptember 21, 2016
Great company to work for, especially if you want to be your own boss. As a Business Consultant, you provide local merchants with services and information regarding credit card processing. It is a grind as an Independent Contractor and it is not for everybody. If you like to challenge yourself, and like to get better day; then this job is for you.
Pros
The ability to be your own boss, and actually make as much money as possible.
Cons
Stop with the bundle pricing and offer interchange plus pricing.
Teamwork workplace
Machine Operator II (Current Employee) –  San Rafael, CAJune 21, 2016
Answering emails in the morning, start to download credit card terminals, then I look if anyone needs my help after I'm done with my tasks. My co-workers always comes to me if they need help with anything and I'm glad I can help them. The most enjoyable part is when we all help each other.
Pros
work as a team and always have to be organize
Cons
I work in the warehouse but the corp office is far away.
See Resume
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Katy, TXJune 10, 2016
I have had a very positive experience with this company and would recommend them. They are merchant service company in business for fifteen years.
Definition of Bottom Feeding Trash
UNKNOWN (Current Employee) –  UNKNOWNJune 7, 2016
Sigh, I don't know where to begin. If I took a dump, eat it up and then puke out that and then blend it with dirt, feed it to some moron for dinner and then he take a dump... that would be CPAY.

That is exactly how I can describe the bottom feeding trash of the level of service, the software, the hardware and the customer service that CENTRAL PAYMENT provide.
Pros
Cons
I am not going to list them. It won't fit it all in this small rectangular box

Want to know more about Central Payment?

Ask a question
Central Payment Corp
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTMay 11, 2016
I had no problem working with this company job training and sale motivation excellent. Down fall is that they provide you with no leads and compensations minimal.
Pros
Paid next day
Cons
no leads, no commute compensation very time consuming
New Contractor
Regional Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 14, 2016
I just started as an independent contractor with Central Payment. Not enough experience within the company to give the proper review
Not an ethical company
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 25, 2016
I would not encourage any sales rep to work for this company. Cpay is unethical, they charge merchants hidden fees, and they make it really tough for merchants to get out their contracts.
Cons
A lot you have to learn on your own
Terrible, unethical company
Assistant Manager, Tahoe Burger, Reno, NV (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 13, 2016
This is a terrible company that promises their customers everything and then will ignore them. Once they have your money they dont care. They also lie to their emplyees promising bonuses and all kinds of support yet give you the most medicore training and expect you to do the rest. I can't stress enough how terrible this company is both to work for and to do business with
productive and helpful group to work with. All impress me with professionalism.
Regional Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 12, 2015
Excellent support staff at Central Payments. The company is on the up and up. They do what they can do to help a client..They are timely helping both clients and Account Executives. Always with a positive sunny outlook. I enjoy working with the entire team.
Cons
no benefits, health or 401k
The best of the best
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Irvine, caOctober 10, 2015
The management listens very well to improve the workforce. They treat their employees with care, where they will do what ever it takes to help their employees succeed. The most enjoyable parts are helping the customers understand what and why are product are the best.
Pros
management
Cons
location too far
Horrible experience!
Merchant Payment (Former Employee) –  MississippiSeptember 2, 2015
Horrible company people here are rude and treat people like they are nobody. It was so bad I had to play like I worked at a crisis line company or crazy company to work here to avoid them getting deep in my personal business about my previous work. The staff harassed me the whole time I was working here and treated me like I wasn't nobody and I will never work here ever again and I don't mind telling the world about this evil place sad!
Pros
None whatsoever
Cons
Horrible experience treated like I was nobody
lousy!
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, AlMay 28, 2015
100% percent commission environment. No leads were provided through Central Payment. The management was patient and supportive of new hires. You really had to make your own opportunities at Central Payment instead of relying on the management or company.
job position
Lead Point of Sale Tech (Current Employee) –  San Rafael, CAMay 20, 2015
a typical work day consist of answering calls, helping merchants fix network issues and setup point of sale equipment and troubleshooting.
Ethical work environment
Lead Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAJanuary 6, 2015
Working closely with management team to initiate marketing strategies that support the sales objectives of the company. Always representing the company professionally, ethically and morally at all times. Pursue new accounts through b2b, cold calls and advertising referrals. Build strong relationship with exciting clients, providing services when necessary. Create sales plans to maximize revenues in certain territories and optimize time spent at each location

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Central Payment. Our community is ready to answer.