Central Peninsula Hospital

Central Peninsula Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

fun caring workplace
Barista (Former Employee) –  Soldotna, AKJanuary 25, 2016
greet customers. make coffee help out in the cafe. clean. hardest part of the job is all the training and learning. they will help with continueing education
Pros
free lunches
Great place to work with excellent benefits
administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  Soldotna, AlaskaJanuary 21, 2016
A typical day at work is very very busy the minute your shift starts. RN's, Physicians, techs and patients all vying for your time at once while answering phones and transcribing physician orders.
I learned medical terminology and how to multi task quickly.
Management was very good, compassionate and understanding of employee issues
Co workers were CNA's and other clerical assistants.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with very sick or dying patients.
It was also the most rewarding part of the job, to show compassion and love to hurting people.
Fun place to work. People in the kitchen are great.
Food Service Aide (Former Employee) –  Soldotna, AKJanuary 3, 2016
The management in the kitchen is great, good communication and very fair. Great place to work, amazing people. Some patient interaction. Good lunch times, with one free meal.
Pros
Benefits are great.
Staff nurse Floated between PACU/Day Surgery (Current Employee) –  Soldotna, AKFebruary 12, 2015
I worked there for 10 years. I worked in several areas including pacu,ds,extended stay and gi lab. Very busy and hectic work enviroment but ran well.
Pros
location and staff
Small but well equipped and moderan
Med Tech III (Current Employee) –  Soldotna, AKNovember 11, 2014
This is a great place to live and work. The hospital continues to grow and provide to the community.
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
not enough admin time assigned to keep up with qc, procdures and other supervisor duties
Nice place to work
Staff Technologist (Former Employee) –  xrayNovember 3, 2014
pleasant working environment , nice facility knowledgeable staff
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Sleep Testing
Polysomnographer, Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Soldotna, AKMay 13, 2014
Central Penisulla Hospital has a terrific Respiratory Therapy Director (Paul) and most in the department were vey nice to work with. Medical Staff is a little dated in attitudes and tend to bully emplyees
Pros
great respiratory staff
Cons
old school thought process from medical staff
Very flexible employer
Environmental Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Soldotna, AKMay 12, 2014
Great opportunity to work flexible hors. However the owner accepted a job with the government and is no longer in business.
I loved working here.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Soldotna, AKFebruary 24, 2014
I was able to learn and train in a positive environment. I felt supported and encouraged as a nurse.
The MRI position is physically and mentally demanding.
Senior MRI Technologist /Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Soldotna, AlaskaFebruary 4, 2014
The typical work day at Central Peninsula Hospital is scanning 10 to 14 examinations with no fellow technologist help. The position is physically and mentally demanding. I have learned to have exceptional judgement and time management skills.
Pros
central peninsula is located on the kenai peninsula in alaska.
Cons
lack of lifting and transport help.

Want to know more about Central Peninsula Hospital?

Ask a question
Very satisfying position and place to work
Record Analyst (Current Employee) –  Soldotna, AKSeptember 26, 2013
I have always enjoyed working in the medical record field. Working at Central Peninsula Hospital has been a great experience for me and I have always gotten much satisfaction working there. I get along well with all of my co workers and enjoy going to work because of the teamwork that we all share as well as the friendships that we have developed. One of the hardest part of my job has been the amount of changes that have been happening over the past couple years, and one of the best part of my job is learning to like the challenge of working through those changes with a positive attitude. All of my job is enjoyable. I love variety and this job has definitely given me that.
Pros
great benefits and pay, outpatient services are free to the employee as well as all inpatient hospitalization fees, (not including physician fee), discounted meals of 25% to employees.
Cons
i cannot think of any cons
Behavioral Health Out-patient Therapy.
Clinical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Soldotna, AKFebruary 23, 2013
Very busy outpatient behavioral health office serving clients with active addictions and substantive need for residential treatment for substance abuse and dependency. Opportunities to integrate the disease model of addiction treatment and the BRENDA intervention model.

Collaborative opportunity to work shoulder to shoulder with addicts in recovery who are also porbationed felons, assisting with life skill development and trauma recovery. Clinical Director's management style is very directive, yet professional and supportive. Co-workers are generous with their time and support throughout the workday and willingly offer schedule coverage and collaboration on projects.

The hardest part of the job is the software interface with documentation in both a paper system and an electronic medical records system. Often, duplication is required and results in personal frustration and time-consuming tasks. The most enjoyable part of the job is the face to face interaction with clients and developing therapeutic interventions that are sustainable and life-changing.
Pros
16 hours ce per year. sign-on bonus after one year.
Cons
i am the only licensed professional other than the clinical director.
Nice
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Soldotna, AKSeptember 26, 2012
Enjoyed working in housekeeping for the hospital, unfortunately had some medical issues and was unable to continue working there.
Pros
nice coworkers
Cons
had to quit because of medical
CPGH promotes "team work"
Certified Nurse Aide (Current Employee) –  med/surg floorJuly 3, 2012
CPGH is a breath of fresh air. For the most part, the employees have a positive attitude while at work ( they want to be there). They have continued education opportunities as well as cross training for other departments, education assistance,employee incentives and advancement within the company. They are a wonderful group to not only work for, but with.
Pros
educational opportunities, employee recognition, work scheduling.
Cons
flexable workshop opportunities for those who work nights.

Central Peninsula Hospital Reviews by Location