Central Piedmont Community College Employee Reviews in United States

Great environment to teach and work
Clinical Instructor and classroom instruction (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 21, 2016
This was a wonderful place to teach and learn. I enjoyed the other instructors I worked with and they taught me valuable skills for my future adult working life. I look back on these years as rewarding and enjoyable.
Pros
Great people and many new learning environments
Meeting new people awesome
Accounting Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 18, 2016
Busy days sometimes. Learned insurance policies for college students. Management good, co-workers friendly. Learning procurement was the hardest part of the job. Meeting and talking with different people
Pros
Work station out in lobby open area
Cons
Not enough training
Great place to work and go to school.
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 4, 2016
Great place to work, love the environment. Love my coworkers and the schedule works with my class hours as well. Love, love.
It was a great place to work.
Financial Aid Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 28, 2016
My day typically begin with reviewing all of the communication from management on email. Then I would review any emails from students. I would try to troubleshoot their concerns and return to them with a solution their inquiry. In some instances I would contact them by phone. After the first hour and a half, I would open the switchboard up and monitor and direct phone calls. In the afternoon, I would work in the reception area as a greeter, scheduler or as the receptionist. In that function I would process documents and support the financial managers as a clerical.
Pros
Committed passionate managers.
Cons
Sometimes lack of staff
Opinion on my current job
PT Work Study Student - Financial Aid (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 25, 2016
I have learned a lot at Central Piedmont Community College, Financial Aid office. Other than learning the function of my job, I also learned a great deal on administration work. My bosses are open to suggestions and is always willing to teach and help. My co-workers are supportive. The hardest part of the job is not able to help students to are not eligible for financial aid. The happy part is seeing happy faces of students who managed to get financial aid for further study. I have gained many valuable experience working here.
Department Leadership
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 24, 2016
I have the utmost respect for my department leadership. There are multiple training and development opportunities There is a diverse environment.
Very professional staff and pleasant work environment
Instructor Assistant/Math Emporium - Online/F2F (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 23, 2016
Typical day was working with students needing Developmental Math. As and Instructor Assistant, the management was very supportive during my training period.
Pros
Nice work environment
Cons
A lot of Part-time positions
The academic environment offers challenges.
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 20, 2016
Inspiring place in which to work. Typical day begins with preparing the theme of the day's lecture and developing exercises to excite the students.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Too much take-home work.
Fun family orientaed enviroment
Store Assistant/Clerk At Book Store (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 21, 2016
Best job I have ever had we are like a big family. Typical work day educating and ghavung fun with the kids while developing relationships with them. My co workers are like family we get a long great
Lab Assistant
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 15, 2016
Assisting students with computer aided design courses and other courses within the Mechanical Engineering Technology program.
Assisting professors to create new projects for student coursework such as drawings, electrical schemactics, and assemblies.
Great Place to Work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 13, 2016
-Overall I enjoy working at CPCC.
-In my department I have work life balance mostly as we participate in a flex schedule where I can arrive earlier in order to leave earlier. In the summer we work 4 10 hour days and have Friday off. We are also granted the last two weeks of December off for extended time with our families during the Holiday Season.
-Compensation is fair, we are not in a competitive salary market as our funding is provided by the state however, the benefits are always a plus to have in addition to salary.
-Most jobs are secure and we do not see many lay-offs. Typically employees leave on their own as the college remains loyal to their staff.
-My personal management was great, it is always good to have an awesome leader, especially when you are in a place where you are interested in growing and developing. The college promotes personal and professional growth as my leader does as well.
Fun and educational environment
Lab Assistant Computer Integrated Machining (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 6, 2016
This is a very professional place to work. Management is very knowledgeable and always willing to mentor. Coworkers are always friendly and bring new and fresh ideas and experiences to learn from.
Cons
Maximum number of hours for part time work is to small.
Fun Educational Place to Work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 30, 2016
Every day was enjoyable and I learned so much.
I looked forward to working with every one and wanted to go to work everyday
Good place to work though only PT
GEOLOGY INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Matthews, NCJanuary 29, 2016
CPCC seems like a good place to work. Although they use PT instructors instead of hiring the needed full time professors. This is normal for most community colleges now. For some reason this is acceptable. So if you're only looking for some extra money to teach a course this is about it.
Great entry into the employment world.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 8, 2016
At Central Piedmont Community College, you can expect to find a place of learning and patience. Not only from the educators but as an employee as well. You will experience team building, technical skills and professionalism.
Student life
Part Time Administrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 2, 2015
Great atmosphere
Liked working with students and parents
I was getting paid through finical aide but it was not enough
Enjoyed fixing issues with student accounts
Pros
Not enough hours
Lousy management
ESL Instructor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NcOctober 24, 2015
This year with the new management they changed many work rules and regulations. That brought a lot of tension and stress among teachers and coordinator. Many people have moved or considered moving. They opened classes then abruptly closed them again and that leave many teachers without pay. CPCC used to be one of the best community colleges in NC. But this year I regretted working there since there is no job security.
Pros
PD opportunities.
Cons
no stable hours, many changes.
Great companyt to work for. Little stress in dealing with students. Great bosses who are willing to listen and give positive feedback.
Instructor (Former Employee) –  1201 Elizabeth Avenue, Charlotte, NC 28204October 7, 2015
CPCC Part Time
HVAC/R AND ELECTRICAL/ELECTRONICS INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee) –  Charlotte,NC Harper CampusSeptember 11, 2015
The college seeks to provide an environment that will encourage the students to learn and grow. This is performed by teacher commitment to the school and the advancement of the future generations, while encouraging the professional to increase his / her ability in the work force.
School
Student (Current Employee) –  Charlotte NCJuly 2, 2015
I learned about Liberal Arts, the Faculty care about there students its a nice campus, they keep you updated on whats going on the campus they work with you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Central Piedmont Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3