Central Piedmont Community College Employee Reviews

Awesome atmosphere with academic autonomy!!!!
Criminal Justice Professor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 16, 2017
A typical includes lesson plans, responding to student emails, and teaching related courses. A few times out of the semester there are required department meetings and workshops. I love the academic freedom which enables me to teach material relevant to the real-world!!!
Pros
Academic Autonomy
Cons
Pay
Teaching Position
Advice and counsel students (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 14, 2017
This is a community college with a lot of people with different needs. There are lot of young and old people in the college for different reasons. Some are there to know what it takes to have a college education and some are there to get prepared for a better job
Pros
Learning
Cons
Helpful place to learn and work.
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 14, 2017
CPCC was a wonderful place to have worked and a great starting point for my future. Working with students frrom different backgrounds and with different needs gave me a the push to continue my education. by working in Disability Services, this department helped not only the disable but staff members learn more about how students learn and function in every day life. For me this made my life better and helping others even more important in my career as an administrator on the front line.
Pros
Free Parking and near my home
Cons
Unable to get Full Time position
Infrastructure System Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 13, 2017
It is a good place to work. You will learn a lot from Mangers, co-workers and friends. It an easy and less stressful place to work at.
I will recommend any one to work here.
Relaxed and flexible work environment
Course Management Technician II (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 7, 2017
I have been employed with CPCC for about 8 years. Although I have not been able to find full-time employment, I am striving to find employment within the field I recently received my degree in. I found it difficult to get a full-time position there.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Certain departments can be clickish
CPCC is a great place to work at.
Financial Aid Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 30, 2017
CPCC is a great place to work at. They are flexible with your hours. They make sure that you will have time to take care of your school work as well as being able to do your job.
Pros
Hour lunch break
Cons
Not to many hours
Leadership opprotunities
ADJUNCT COMMUNICATION INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 24, 2017
You are allowed to craft your teaching skills which is phenomenal. No two students learn the same so no two teachers should be expected to teach the same way.
Pros
Teaching
Great learning experience
Student (Current Employee) –  Pineville, NCMay 24, 2017
Central Piedmont Community College is where i received my schooling and knowledge of HVAC. I'm due to graduate in December of this year and now I'm ready for the work field.
Students First
instructor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 21, 2017
Putting students first, a focus on student success, supportive of faculty development, aware of technological advances for learning, and a collaborative relationship.
Great way to earn extra cash while on campus
Work Study - Reprographics Clerk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 26, 2017
The work study program is beneficial for individuals like myself who are dislocated workers, needing to make extra cash towards bills while taking classes without the need for an extended commute.
Awesome Place
Senior Administrative Clerk (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 21, 2017
CPCC is a great place to study and work. This place has given me strength to go forward.
A typical day at CPCC is the warm greeting walking onto the campus from other staff members and students. I have learned to be more business and understand that every day is going to be sunny, yet there is always someone that is willing to help you and listen.
Pros
Freely people and staff
Cons
Need more parking
Lots of politics
IT Analyst (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, ncApril 19, 2017
If you aren't the favorite, you will get railroaded. Ironic.. they built a rail car straight through the campus. The benefits are good, but they are getting worse.
Pros
Decent benefits; good coworkers at the lower tiers
Cons
Good ol' boy / girl hiring system; outdated policies / ideas / management; insipid ageism / racism
Nice place to work
Lecturer, Introduction to Communication (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 18, 2017
Collaborative spirit and nice people. Reasonable freedom. Invests in and linked to local community. Sometimes could have used more guidance and pay, but still recommend to those seeking teaching positions.
CPCC is growing
Part time (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 18, 2017
I am a part time faculty member which has been difficult when encountering things with students and finding the right answers quickly. Sometimes things are not explained well and expectations are not set.
Professional workplace
MSN Student Faculty Nurse Educator Practicum (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 17, 2017
Truly nice to have come full circle conducting my MSN nurse educator practicum where I initially obtained my ADN degree. Faculty members were always there and willing to help me in my learning process.
Pros
professional colleagues
Cons
Excellent institution and good working enviornment
Adjunct Business Instructor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 7, 2017
CPCC is one of the best community colleges in the nation and a leading educational institution in our state. The leadership team in in touch with their many constituents and response effectively to their needs.
Pros
Supportive management and autonomious working invironment.
Cons
Below average pay.
It's okay for a student's job
Math tutor / Lab assistance (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 27, 2017
very balance between work and life.
Student generally nice, and the co-worker are very helpful.
Chance to learn/work shadow with the instructor
Good to start in Teaching career
Get the office experience that you need
Office Administrative Assistant Work Study (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 6, 2017
Central Piedmont Community College is a great college overall. From being a student to part of the faculty, I have never felt that the instructors and advisers here wanted nothing less than for me to succeed in life. My adviser/boss constantly gives me work to accomplish and assist her with what she needs on a daily basis. She helped me use the skills I learned as a student and put them in the real-world work environment.
Pros
Something new everyday, influence and assist other students
Cons
Had to sacrifice some hours at work, made less money
Overall impression of employer
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 29, 2017
I enjoy working for this institution. They give the instructors a lot of latitude to create new courses and provide resource to enhance the learning process. They compensate their instructors well.
Instructors were very knowledgeable, and friendly
Medical Office Administration (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 17, 2017
I enjoyed getting my education at this community college. The staff was great and my schedule worked around my lifestyle.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Central Piedmont Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3