Central Piedmont Community College

Central Piedmont Community College Employee Reviews

Very supportive and strong teamwork working environment.
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 14, 2015
Pros: Strong teamwork environment and advancement is possible
Cons: everyone gentlely start as a part-time instructor
A typical day at work involves teaching lectures and instructional of general chemistry laboratories. Management is very supportive faculty who care about improving the education of the students.. Hardest part of the job is trying to encourage to performance improvement of students not vested in learning. My co-workers are very willing to share their experience to help you perform better at your job.
Work at CPCC
Information Technology Analyst (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 30, 2015
Pros: Relaxed atmosphere, motivating, great people
Cons: Pay, Growth
Work here keeps you busy, and the routine ability to enhance other peoples lives, whether it be students or employees, is rewarding enough. Unfortunately the pay grade is not commensurate to the amount of effort and hard work that you put in.

In addition, you will need to be able to be at the right place at the right time to get yourself up the ladder, otherwise have someone in high places and you'll be fine.
Amazing Program
Student (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 18, 2015
This program has been absolutely wonderful, it is very fast paced but well worth every hour spent there. I learned everything necessary to take and pass the board examination in order to work in a professional setting. The instructors are also very passionate about student progress which also helps a lot.
An alright workplace
PT Information Systems Technician (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 14, 2015
Pros: Great interaction with students and staff
Cons: Supervisors can and likely will ruin your day to day
You mileage with very significantly depending on your supervisor. Some are great to work with and contribute to a fantastic atmosphere. While others are very irritating to be around and have shifting expectations and treat you like your 5 with no technical knowledge

As for advancement it is possible however is extremely competitive so don't count on advancing for some time.
CPCC employee
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: free classes, great benefits
Cons: low pay
CPCC is a great place to work with wonder benefits, like free classes to help towards your degree. There are great people that work here, that will help you succeed here at CPCC. I like that I am able to work with students, who are trying to expand their education, to make a better life for themselves. The hardest part of my job is the money, working for the state has its perks and down fall, with being said the pay is not good. Overall, CPCC is great rewarding place to work.
Fun and fast-paced summer position
Properties Master (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 14, 2015
This was a good team atmosphere. The hours were reasonable and they cared about everyone's health, safety, and happiness. Each department was helped when needed but left on its own otherwise. I would recommend this a place I'd work with again. They seem to want to give opportunities to those that deserve it in their work.
Well Managements
Sales Associate, and costumer sevice (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCDecember 26, 2014
I learned how to deal with students in Central Piedmont Community college. I help them to do their online homework and quizzes in mathematics such as statistics, Pre-calculus. Mostly I help them in English too.
While I work in the Wal-Mart, I communicate costumers as a well productivity, employee motivate to buy stuffs, and make company's profitability.
Outstanding Staff
Program Developer (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCNovember 17, 2014
Wonderful management. Work-Life balance is fair. Benefits are great. My supervisor is the best I have ever worked with.
Community College Review
Developmental Reading and English Instructor (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCNovember 9, 2014
Working for this institution has been a good stepping stone for a career in higher education.
Review
Instructional Developer (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 19, 2014
Overall, CPCC is a great place to work. Most employees are friendly, and always glad to help. I work there since 2007, and really enjoy the daily work. It is very rewarding to work for a College knowing that you may directly or indirectly effect someone's life.
Friendly work environment. Professional development opportunities.
Instructor - Speech Communication (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 31, 2014
The work environment is friendly and inviting. In addition there are professional development opportunities available to all employees.
Educational Work Enviroment
Peer Adviser (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 18, 2014
This job helped me take responsibility for my work ethic and taught me balance is key to success.
Exciting place to Work
Curriculum Coach (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 8, 2014
Pros: diverse, flexible
Cons: too insulated
Central Piedmont Community College is an amazing place to work. It has lots of energy and a progressive nature.
Productive and fun place to volunteer.
Microbiology Lab Technician/ Volunteer (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 15, 2014
Pros: learning experience, technical work.
Cons: no compensation.
A typical day a work included work in a clean room and using aseptic technique to determine different strains of bacteria, in addition to creating streak plates using inoculating loops and other scientific equipment.
Very productive and informative place to work
Human Resource Development Instructor (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 12, 2014
 Responsible for the development and implementation of classroom instruction of the Human Resources Development curriculum in accordance with course descriptions.

 Developing and updating curriculum and educational materials and methods used to advance learning in the classroom.

 Maintaining accurate class attendance records, compiling Human Resources Development student registration and fee waiver information and submitting reports and administrative paperwork to the Human Resources Development Program Director.

 Promoting and recruiting for Human Resources Development, Career Readiness Certification, Adult Basic Skills, Continuing Education and Curriculum Programs throughout the community.

 Complying with college policies, internal audit procedures, rules and regulations. Participating in faculty/department meetings, training sessions, committees and campus activities.
cpcc
HVAC Technician (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 9, 2014
A typical day is go to my work station and pull up every campus check all the chillers boiler air handlers and roof top units check my box for any work orders. I learned how to really use the automation system. The management was really good. My co-workers was really helpful. I loved every part of the job
Political and the only raises are VP and President
operations (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 26, 2014
Pros: education
Cons: see aboves
Read the articles in Charlotte Observer about the salaries. Reflects culture, people were leaving by droves.
this is a good school
STUDENT (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 13, 2014
I enjoyed learning at CPCC. The instructors were knowledgeable in the fields they taught in and they seemed to have passion for their work so it made me want to be a better student.
Great place to work.
Assistant Director of Campus Security (Former Employee), Matthews, NCMay 12, 2014
Nice people and lots of training. everyday is a learning day..
Expert Culinary Training
Culinary Specialist (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 1, 2014
Received expert training in all cooking methods, baking, garde manger, and restaurant management

1 2 3