Central Queens Y Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Management is sneaky do not care about you!
Asst. teacher (Current Employee) –  Forest Hills, NYJanuary 8, 2018
YOU'RE ONLY A NUMBER! Very unprofessional and everyone lies. Only care about their own kind. Very greedy and selfish. Management here sucks! New staff is all rude
I love them
After School Counselor (Former Employee) –  Forest Hills, NYSeptember 7, 2017
A typical day working at the Y was awesome being that you work with kids it took a lot of maturity focus and discipline however if you're up to the challenge it will prove rewarding for both the pupils and yourself. The also have many youth outreach programs for staff to be involved in all you have to do is ask.
Pros
They feed you, they have an out of school program and paid internships you can get involved in
Fun workplace
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Forest Hills, NYMay 17, 2017
This is a place that is perfect for high school students to work. Students get to meet and work with others their age and with guidance they are able to help the community.
Fun,didn't like it
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Forest Hills, NYApril 30, 2017
It was okay a lot of children and they make u run errands like u don't have other work to do their if your own I did not like working here but I did enjoy my time working for the state
Pros
Fun and free Lunchs
Fun
Health/Gym Instructor (Former Employee) –  Flushing, NYApril 13, 2016
 Preparing creative, hands-on, interactive nutrition/exercise/wellness lesson plans.
 Actively supervising student activities in classroom and maintaining order for a safe learning environment.
 Partaking and encouraging positive participation of all students in daily activities.
I liked working there
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  New York,NYJuly 11, 2015
I absolutely love interacting with kids they keep me on my toes and I can teach them a lot I almost had no problems there I got along with all the kids and the other counselors but it was just my manager that had it out for the younger counselors and at the time I was one of them.
Unorganized CAMP
Senior Counselor (Former Employee) –  Forest Hills, NYApril 26, 2015
Fun, but management was unorganized. Could have done a better job planning out the summer for kids. The hardest part of the day was making sure the children are safe.
very good forjob advancement
PROGRAM DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  Rego park, NYMarch 2, 2015
This is a great place to advance to a higher level. I started out as a counselor in 2012 and moved up in 2013 as a unit head for summer camp and then homework specialists, program assistant and now, Program director.
Pros
job advancement
Cons
no benefits and its only for full time employees.
Central Queens Y
Education Specialist (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYMarch 20, 2013
I enjoyed teaching students in and out of the classroom. The staff was friendly and worked effectively together. However, I did not see any room for growth within the company.