Central Refrigerated Services

Central Refrigerated Services Employee Reviews

No Life always on the road working.
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAJanuary 11, 2016
Good place to start off but not for a longer term. they taught me everything about trucking. they pay less because your new. your always on the road no home time.
Pros
learn things
Cons
no hometime
CDL driver 48 states refrigerated products
Driver (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 21, 2015
I was so excited to travel and learn new skills each day. I met so many wonderful people at all the company's I delivered to in different states. I worked hard and drove safe. I drove in all kinds of weather conditions with safety always in mind. I exceeded in delivering products on time and learned allot. I always had a great attitude and loved the excitement. Only thing I can think that's been hard for me is to make a decision to transfer to another company and try making more money by doubling up driving with an acquaintance I met .
Pros
Travled and met new people. Learned a great deal.
Cons
Wasn't making enough .25 cents per mile. needed to use most on the road to survive.
too good to last forever
Regional Load Planner (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 11, 2015
swift bought crfs end of story,central by was the best refrigerated trucking company well managed great people however new company arrived and changed everything cut salaries people benefits expanding work hrs and changing philosofy
Good company however now its Swift.
OTR Driver (Current Employee) –  West Valley City, UTNovember 27, 2015
My only issue with Central was that when it is time for your load finding a trailer was like trying to find water in a California Drought.
Pros
Great Benefits!
Cons
Serious trailer shortage. Low miles after 6 months
its alright
Driver (Current Employee) –  west valley city utahOctober 13, 2015
its ok if you dont mind being yanked around. but if you are serious about runnign and making money go else where unless your new
opportunities for learning and advancement
Body Technician (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 5, 2015
pretty organized system
there is opportunity to learn
the boss there was pretty good about leaving a person alone if they kept pretty busy.
benefits
Cons
there are so many employees and nepotism
For single people
Professional driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 30, 2015
I trained for this job for thee months away form my wife. then when finally able to get into a truck of my own i get paid one week $17. $57 one week, when the allure was I would be making $1200 a week. I had to think of my family.
Pros
got to see the country
Cons
everything else
Okay workplace.
Class A Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 8, 2015
Okay driving experience. Just slightly better than actual swift terminals in terms of communication. They generally have good runs. Lots of dedicated work, plenty of loads, but rarely do you get any home time. Overall, far from the worst company out there.
Pros
constant work. decent pay
Cons
no home time, terrible communication
Worked there because I had to
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTAugust 14, 2015
For the largest trucking company on the planet, they still have a long ways to go to be the best. Simply put, if you are a beginning driver and need the experience, start here and get the miles, but plan on moving on as soon as your can.
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
Too many to list here
go go go
Over the road Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJuly 27, 2015
I was a lease operator, I enjoyed rolling down the road . My driver manager was awesome and always kept me profitable. The upper management was not supportive or positive as they could've been but, you don't have to deal with them unless their is a major problem. overall I really enjoyed working for them and would go back someday...
Pros
equipment/ pay
Cons
hometime
Very productive and I enjoy every moment of it
Professional Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UtahJune 8, 2015
A typical day at work is traveling from state to state , meeting new people, and loading and unloading loads. I've learned to be my own boss. I've learned how to manage my time and money. I've learned how important it is to run a business. My coworkers are awesome I've never met anyone who does't love their job in this business. The hardest part of my job as truck driver is that it can be dangerous at times and I have to take precautions at times, but I don't mind because I'm observative anyways.
Never felt comfotable here
Driver OTR (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake, UTMarch 16, 2015
Had problems with my dispatcher. The higher you climbed on the pay scale the less miles you got. I was not satisfied. I do not recommend this company.
Ok for a starter CDL Job
OTR Driver/Professonial Driver (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTMarch 4, 2015
Minimal pay at first but some room for advancement, good starter company if safety record is clean with minimal accidents and preventables. Expected behavior of a large schooling company/driving job.
Bad place to work
Over the Road Driver/ Lease Operator (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 3, 2015
Horrible management they pressure you to take a lease my first company truck broke down more times than I can count was forced to take a lease to have desecent truck, but if you dont work 7 seven days a week with no time off you wont make any money!!!
Cons
horrible management, dispatchers dont care whether you make money or not
Training
PROFESSIONAL DRIVER TRAINEE (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 26, 2015
They train you and set you out on your own but forget that some of the training does not pertain to everyday real life situations.
Fun get to see new things
Commercial Diver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 23, 2015
I loved the job, my Driver Manager was awesome and they really worked with me on getting my home time when needed so in my opinion it was a good company.
Pros
being on the open road and seeing new things
Cons
chained to truck
Great learning start
CDL A Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJanuary 20, 2015
Central Refrigerated Service was a great place to work. However, when the company was purchased by Swift Transportation, then it went downhill fast. Would not recommend Swift Transportation to anyone.
Pros
great training
Cons
once purchased by swift transportation, pay was always messed up.
Moved on to better things
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAJanuary 3, 2015
Just your average starter company. Good if you don't know what to expect.
Exciting sites to see
OTR Company Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 16, 2014
Happy to have had the experience of traveling through to 48 continental U.S. states
great
Semi Driver (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTDecember 11, 2014
Central was a good place, I was dedicated to coors and had good home time. I was a trainer there and had good students.
Pros
pay as lease operator
Cons
home time, but it is trucking