Central Refrigerated Services Employee Reviews

Poor Company
Over the Road Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTAugust 3, 2017
This company is not good to work for they try to trick you into becoming a lease operator and then charge you ot the wazoo for the truck and if you do decide to leave they black ball you from all the other truckin g companies
Rewarding Occupation
Commercial Transport Operator (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJuly 20, 2017
I enjoyed working for Central Refrigerated Services. Driving commercial trucks for them was very fun, and very different than what I had ever experienced prior to doing so.
Pros
Independence, earning potential, potential for advancement.
Cons
Long hours, non-stop driving, live in truck, harsh on body
it was an okay place to work for.
Student Driver (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJune 19, 2017
great school program... but need more for work wise..... on the 28 days on the road would have been better if the trainer were better....not all trainers are bad. just the one i had i guess.
Fun people to work with
Comercial Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 18, 2017
People with Central were very knowledgeable about the products they carried. When I spoke with individuals at the company they knew who I was and never asked for "driver code" they just spoke with me like I was important.
received my Class A CDL training with this company. Over all I enjoyed working for the company. The miles and work was there if you wanted it.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 11, 2017
after 6 months of over the road i was able to advance to the Kraft Dedicated Fleet. Hauled Kraft product to Warehouses and Stores in the North West Region out of Stockton, California.

Dispatch was very helpful and with communication they kept you rolling very little down time.

Hardest part of the job was being away from home 6 to 8 wks at a time.The nice part was every once in a while Dispatch would slip you a load that went to your home area between scheduled home times.
this place is cheap
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 4, 2017
hated working here they tricked me into coming to salt lake city and then i was stuck there then i couldn't ever get the miles i needed to make a living i lost everything working here
Love this company
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAApril 25, 2017
Overall this was where I started my truck driving career at and got all my experiences from .. I was a company driver then became a o/operator . Pay was good . As time went on I couldn't be a pay raise so easily for the work I've done ✅
Good compensation/Lukewarm to friendly staff.
Long Haul Delivery-OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAApril 24, 2017
Got my CDL through Central and paying it off was easy. With their compensation program I was able to do it in 7 months. With a good dispatcher I was able to make great miles.
Pros
Obvious problems with being out on the road for a month on end.
Cons
Dispatchers sometimes play favorites.
worst company i ever worked for.
OTR (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CA 92337April 12, 2017
i stuck it out to get my years for driving with this company. took me a long time to finally get into a decent truck to drive. most would break down. dispatch was horrible. they would keep me out for long periods at a time. would sit for a few days to wait for a load to get out of terminals.
Pros
nothing.
Cons
bad trucks, dispatch, no loads, kept out months at a time.
Horrible company
OTR (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJanuary 22, 2017
They rope you in with all these great things that they offer, but then say well the only way to make good money is if you become a trainer. The trainer that I was given was not good, he was very disrespectful to me.

Want to know more about Central Refrigerated Services?

Ask a question
Was a great place!
Planner (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTDecember 31, 2016
Central was an aggressive company. When I was there I felt excitement every day I went to work. I have never worked with a more capable team of managers and ops people in my life. They did a VERY good job assembling that team. It was incredibly rewarding and easy to move up if you did your job. It was a sad day when Swift bought them, and an even sadder year afterwards watching everything slowly erode.
Pros
pay, management, promotions, healthcare
Swift buyout
MS Careiers driver for 9 years. Swift for 5 months (Former Employee) –  JonestownDecember 26, 2016
I started my driving career with MS Carriers.
After Swift bought them out, MS Carriers went down the toilet.
It didn't take long for me to leave them once Swift took over. So many power units and trailers were totaled because of Swift drivers.
Pros
Before Swift took over. MS Carriers was an awesome company to work for!!!
Cons
.Swift took over and all the equipment went down the toilet.Dispatch is so incompetent
great schooling company
DIESEL TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Pasco, WAJuly 20, 2016
Great schooling company and great place to expand your knowledge. Many great co-workers and level headed people. Here i was able to get certified in a/c and welding. I was promoted very fast and the company recognizes hard working employees.
Pros
great schooling
lots of problems
OTR Tractor Trailer Driver (Former Employee) –  Conley, GAJuly 19, 2016
I am unable to speak on anything in regards to this company due to being involved in a lawsuit, along with many other drivers.
Very pleasant place to work
RECRUITER (Former Employee) –  Conley GAJune 16, 2016
Recruit students to the CDL training. The company made it a very fun place to work. The hardest part was students not showing up on the first day of training because they decided at the last minute they did not want to go out of town for their training. The best part of the job was the management I work with made you feel like part of their family.
Pros
Treated everyone like family
Cons
Location of the company was not in the best neighborhood
God aweful
Over the Road Transportation Driver (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJune 7, 2016
There is a reason this company is being sued. I made less then $20k a year and went home 5 times within the year to see my family. Constant negative checks because the totally rip you off. Worst company ever!!!!
its ok
Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT 84126March 2, 2016
was a great company before Swift took it over then all went out the window they treat you like a number and not a driver for them
No Life always on the road working.
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAJanuary 11, 2016
Good place to start off but not for a longer term. they taught me everything about trucking. they pay less because your new. your always on the road no home time.
Pros
learn things
Cons
no hometime
CDL driver 48 states refrigerated products
Driver (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 21, 2015
I was so excited to travel and learn new skills each day. I met so many wonderful people at all the company's I delivered to in different states. I worked hard and drove safe. I drove in all kinds of weather conditions with safety always in mind. I exceeded in delivering products on time and learned allot. I always had a great attitude and loved the excitement. Only thing I can think that's been hard for me is to make a decision to transfer to another company and try making more money by doubling up driving with an acquaintance I met .
Pros
Travled and met new people. Learned a great deal.
Cons
Wasn't making enough .25 cents per mile. needed to use most on the road to survive.
too good to last forever
Regional Load Planner (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 11, 2015
swift bought crfs end of story,central by was the best refrigerated trucking company well managed great people however new company arrived and changed everything cut salaries people benefits expanding work hrs and changing philosofy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Central Refrigerated Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7