Central Refrigerated Services

Central Refrigerated Services Employee Reviews

go go go
Over the road Truck Driver (Former Employee), West Valley City, UTJuly 27, 2015
Pros: equipment/ pay
Cons: hometime
I was a lease operator, I enjoyed rolling down the road . My driver manager was awesome and always kept me profitable. The upper management was not supportive or positive as they could've been but, you don't have to deal with them unless their is a major problem. overall I really enjoyed working for them and would go back someday...
Very productive and I enjoy every moment of it
Professional Truck Driver (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UtahJune 8, 2015
A typical day at work is traveling from state to state , meeting new people, and loading and unloading loads. I've learned to be my own boss. I've learned how to manage my time and money. I've learned how important it is to run a business. My coworkers are awesome I've never met anyone who does't love their job in this business. The hardest part of my job as truck driver is that it can be dangerous at times and I have to take precautions at times, but I don't mind because I'm observative anyways.
Never felt comfotable here
Driver OTR (Former Employee), Salt Lake, UTMarch 16, 2015
Had problems with my dispatcher. The higher you climbed on the pay scale the less miles you got. I was not satisfied. I do not recommend this company.
Ok for a starter CDL Job
OTR Driver/Professonial Driver (Former Employee), West Valley City, UTMarch 4, 2015
Minimal pay at first but some room for advancement, good starter company if safety record is clean with minimal accidents and preventables. Expected behavior of a large schooling company/driving job.
Bad place to work
Over the Road Driver/ Lease Operator (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMarch 3, 2015
Cons: horrible management, dispatchers dont care whether you make money or not
Horrible management they pressure you to take a lease my first company truck broke down more times than I can count was forced to take a lease to have desecent truck, but if you dont work 7 seven days a week with no time off you wont make any money!!!
Training
PROFESSIONAL DRIVER TRAINEE (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 26, 2015
They train you and set you out on your own but forget that some of the training does not pertain to everyday real life situations.
Fun get to see new things
Commercial Diver (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: being on the open road and seeing new things
Cons: chained to truck
I loved the job, my Driver Manager was awesome and they really worked with me on getting my home time when needed so in my opinion it was a good company.
Great learning start
CDL A Truck Driver (Former Employee), West Valley City, UTJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: great training
Cons: once purchased by swift transportation, pay was always messed up.
Central Refrigerated Service was a great place to work. However, when the company was purchased by Swift Transportation, then it went downhill fast. Would not recommend Swift Transportation to anyone.
Moved on to better things
Company Driver (Former Employee), Fontana, CAJanuary 3, 2015
Just your average starter company. Good if you don't know what to expect.
Exciting sites to see
OTR Company Driver (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTDecember 16, 2014
Happy to have had the experience of traveling through to 48 continental U.S. states
great
Semi Driver (Former Employee), West Valley City, UTDecember 11, 2014
Pros: pay as lease operator
Cons: home time, but it is trucking
Central was a good place, I was dedicated to coors and had good home time. I was a trainer there and had good students.
Good place to work, Great experience and great home time
Intermodal Truck Driver (Former Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 10, 2014
Pros: home time, mostly drop and hook, great dispatch and they kept me running
Cons: swift took over and i spent more time at a terminal than working.
Central was a great comany. I enjoyed working there until Swift took over. I learned alot in Chicago driving for the intermodal dept. My dispatcher was great and a very understanding guy. The hardest part about the job, well there was no hard part it was all easy, planned well and fun.
Best job for the person without a family
Company Driver (Current Employee), Rochelle, IllinoisNovember 5, 2014
Pros: hours, money, travel, amazing meals at road stops
Cons: no family time, isolation, demanding busy spurts quarterly.
If you desire being away for 4 weeks at a time with little to no comforts in life available then being a truck driver is for you. You're pay is about on par with most entry level skilled work, but the fact is you never get to really enjoy the money you make. Sure you're free to travel the roads of America and see the wonders from the open road. Even on occasion have a vacation wherever you choose as long as your dispatch gives you the go ahead with a load that direction. That may be all good well, however you wont see anyone you care about in person, save for a few days a month that you're allotted.

Its not all bad though, you can virtually make your own hours up as you go along. You do have a boss within 1,000 miles of you. Best of all, most days you can simply sleep in due to bad weather in the winter, no more alarm clocks for these guys. All things considered its a double edged sword of sorts. Take it with a grain of salt and if you nothing better to do. Drive a truck.
If you like being away...this is for you
Truck Driver (Former Employee), West Valley City, UTOctober 15, 2014
Pros: class a licence
Cons: not home much
Long hours consisted of driving or waiting hours to be loaded/unloaded

Got to see a lot of the country
Central Refrigerated was like large a family.
Corporate Buyer / Mail Room Operations (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTOctober 3, 2014
Most days, I looked forward to going to work at Central. I took pride in being part of the team.
I love it at first...
O.T.R Driver (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: pay, miles
Cons: just a number
I love driving at first till I wanted to go home and then the dispatchers were just rude and very unprofessional.
?
Truck Driver (Former Employee), West Valley City, UTSeptember 15, 2014
nice place to work great job met a lot of good people? learn from the best
Truck driving
TRUCK DRIVER (Former Employee), Fontana, CAAugust 16, 2014
Pros: get to see so many places.
Cons: could take days to get a simple answer from the office. little weekend/evening support.
I have driven for other truck driving companies. At this company I drove across the US with a truck and trailer. I learned about refrigerated trailers as I had never ran a truck with one until I worked here. This companies managements biggest hurdle is that they have created a massive divide between the drivers and the office staff. The job was not bad if you do not mind being alone 28-30 days out of the month. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing this beautiful country.
Wonderful job experience.
Over the road truck driver. Lease purchase. (Current Employee), West Valley City, UTJuly 24, 2014
Pros: it's a good truck driver starter company.
Cons: everything
I would still be working with this company, if they were not bought out by Swift Transport. Central was a great company to work for. The dispatchers were honest and fair. Everyone wanted to be at work, and they new what they were doing. Now it seems like their are warm bodies filling chairs that don't even know their name, or whats going on. I don't like to fight for a paycheck I already earned. If you are looking for a job wonderful, if you want to work stay far away from this place, they don't want to.
Great routes but to much down time
Truck Driver/ Owner Operator (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJuly 22, 2014
Pros: seeing the world meeting new people
Cons: to much down/wait time
A typical day is seeing the world behind a huge windshield I learned to be more patient and how to work alone my management was very rude at times and very hard to communicate with. I worked alone so no co workers present and the hardest part of my job is the weather. Most enjoyable part is seeing the world and meeting new people

1 2 3 4

About Central Refrigerated Services

Central Refrigerated Service, Inc. was formed in 2002 as a subsidiary of Central Freight Lines, Inc. In April 2002, Central Refrigerated – Read more

Central Refrigerated Services Salaries

$2,000 per month
Driver
$900 per week

Central Refrigerated Services Photos

Central Refrigerated Service, Inc.