Central Research Employee Reviews

Productive and Competitive
Collections Manager, ED (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARSeptember 29, 2017
Absolutely loved working at Central Research, great staffing and Management. Flexibility was wonderful. Would recommend this job to others. Hope to one day return.
productive and positive work environment
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 26, 2017
it was an interesting way to poll public opinion for the greater good.

i feel that one could gather a lot of info on presidential/local election thru this company.
Pros
flexibility
Part Time Researcher
Researcher (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARMarch 29, 2017
The office management plays the day and night shift against each other to avoid taking responsibility for their terrible policies. This breeds animosity. Stingy with raises and bonuses.
The job was not worth the paycheck
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMarch 22, 2017
At central research they have two shifts one shift starts from 10 am until 4 pm and the second shift is from 4 pm to 8 pm so its only a part time job for $10.00 an hour the job is not worth it
Terrible new contract.
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXJanuary 3, 2017
The contract changed from VETS to Central Research.

Still no raise. The vacation/sick time "accumulates" so you have to wait to get your deserved time off even after working for the "company" for 20 years or however long.

Unprofessional supervisors and managers have no business managing anything.

No flexible hours. It's either first shift or second shift. Little to NO job advancement/no growth within the company. No matter what other position you get, it's still going to be a nightmare. Unorganized systems that crash every day. They try to make the environment fun on holidays but it's still a fail considering everything else.

Only positive thing is job security, as long as you generally do what you're supposed to do you'll never get fired. Plus there's insurance.

My advice, look elsewhere!
Pros
Insurance. Weekends and major holidays off.
Cons
Everything else.
Great Employer (Alexandria, VA Office)
Market Research Analyst (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VADecember 14, 2016
The Virginia office of CRI does federal contracting work with DC agencies and is different from the research centers in Arkansas. I currently work for the VA office and it has been great so far. Leadership is solid from the top down, the people are fun, and the pay is competitive. Would recommend to a friend if I knew any looking for available positions here.
Great people and good pay.
Administrative Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lowell, ARSeptember 15, 2016
I have worked here for about 1 year and it has been wonderful. They hired me with a slim knowledge of office work with the entry level position for a collector. I am so thankful they have given me an oppurtinuity. With just working here under 6 months they asked if I would accept a lateral move in the company. I was happy to try it out, and I couldn't ask for a better job!! We can get alot of jobs shoved off on us and stay over busy and sometimes feel overwhelmed, but with the team we all get it done! Outside of our team i feel there's is not much support for us to go to. There is small room to grow in this company, healthcare is not amazing, but co-workers are great! My manager is the best, understanding, loving, always ready to help, and is a true people person. As to the floor managment I have heard the opposite, before my move I had gotten along great with managment and all collectors there except they would dissapear when you needed help. The turn over rate is very high, half do quit and the other half were laid off because of company budget, although, were invited back. Lots of gossip started after that and really hasn't dropped. Here we get decent pay, amazing office hours, weekends off, paid holidays, PTO, 401k, and healthcare (not that great with family/kids). But I love my job and people I work with. I recommend!!
Pros
co-workers, office hours, decent pay
Cons
Cellphones off in building, parking and healthcare
Great work environment, an amazing staff and so much room for oppurtunity
Collection Manager (Current Employee) –  Lowell, ARSeptember 13, 2016
I have never worked for a company more staff oriented than Central Research. The VP goes above and beyond for her staff members and is always looking for ways to improve the workplace and employee's skills. There is so much room for growth within this company and everyone is given an oppurtunity for advancement when available. If you want to work for a rewarding company who cares about their employees this is the job for you!
Pros
Rewarding with a great work environment
Cons
Stay away from this company
Clerk I (Current Employee) –  Mesquite, TXAugust 4, 2016
I am a clerk in the Mesquite Office,we never know what to expect on a daily basic at this company. The attitude that some of the department managers have are very unprofessional they have no business being over anyone. They gossip a lot and talked about each others and the employee if your not in their circle. Some of the managers would talk down to the employee especially the older ones, which I witness on too many occasions. They had put together a employee committee team and this was one of the main complaints the employee had was with some of the managers the way they treat people which is still going on now. It would be a good place to work if they would look very hard at the people they have in place who are suppose to be leaders and ensure that they are doing the job they are hired to do, by showing every employee the respect they deserve on a daily basis. I think the employee would not be so stressed out about if they are going to be fired for speaking up for themselves. I did notice when the company had taken over from VETS, they did give out incentive awards which was good. But I believe the best incentive the company can give now to the employee would be to remove all the negative managers they have in place so that the employee will not feel they are not working in an hostile environment and they can come to work and enjoy being there. Last but not least get the employee a raise and stop just saying it, its been too many years we haven't had a rise and that is just wrong.
Was not with the new company long enough to develop a real sense of who they were/are
I performance as Deputy Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 21, 2015
All activities during this short period involved the transition of the contract from VETS Inc, to Central Research. This included introduction of new time keeping and production reporting systems to the 300+ workforce. Additionally, required to keep daily operations continuous which included the below support operations to the USCIS Texas Service Center:

- Mail Operations
- Data Entry
- Fee Collection and Deposit
- File Operations

Want to know more about Central Research?

Ask a question
Fun and Rewarding
Incarceration Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lowell, ARFebruary 20, 2014
I have worked at Central Research for 4+ years. I enjoy coming to work everyday. I have seen this company grow from around 20 employees to 50+. I love the fact that although we are growing we are still "small" enough to know all of your co-workers. We participate in team building games, although it might be something small, it is great to take a break from working and laugh and have fun with your co-workers. I love the fact that Central Research offers paid volunteer time. We are able to help at the Veteran's Hospital, Toys For Tots, Operation H.O.G. (care packages for military away from home during the holidays). Their are opportunists for advancement with Central Research, I have seen many in-house promotions. To sum it up Central Research is a rewarding and fun place to work.
Pros
paid volunteer hours, involved in the community, paid vacation, great benefits
Great Work Environment
Business Development Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lowell, ARFebruary 18, 2014
Central Research promotes a great team-oriented environment. Team building exercises and opportunities to give back to the community are offered at every turn. Employees are encouraged to fine tune and develop their personal skills. Employees are even given the opportunity for advancement. The sky is truly the limit with this company!
Pros
Encouraging Management; Community Involvement; Team Oriented Atmosphere
Great place to work!
Corporate Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Lowell, ARFebruary 13, 2014
I have worked for Central Research, Inc. for just over two years now. I am impressed with the companies volunteer work with the community (Toys For Tots, Operation H.O.G., and etc.). Central Research provides steady work and allows for others to enhance their office skills with various projects that instill learning opportunities for all.

If you are looking for a great entry-level office job, then this is the right place for you! We also have contracted work in Albuquerque, NM and Washington, D.C.
Pros
Great Pay, Incentives, 401k, Healthcare, Management
Great employer
Accounting/Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Lowell, ARFebruary 11, 2014
I've worked for Central Research for some time now, and still enjoy it. As a small company there are sometimes limited opportunities for advancement, but employees are rewarded for hard work and praised for their part in the company's growth and progress. The co-workers are wonderful and the managers are always trying to find ways to reward, inspire, and motivate. The company has added federal contracts in other areas such as Washington, DC, providing opportunity for future growth. I'd absolutely recommend this employer to anyone wanting stable, enjoyable, long-term work.
Pros
Employee awards, positive coworkers, pleasant environment
Productive and life experience
FOIA Analyst (Former Employee) –  In the basement of Treasury DepartmentDecember 24, 2013
A typical day consisted of learning a new program i.e. Adobe-Pro., data entry into Adobe-Pro, up-dating reports in different data bases, preparing responsive letters to requesters, redacting pertinent information from documents.
Pros
learn new systems
Cons
No breaks
Productive, Fun Place to work, and interesting.
Data Entry Clerk/Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 13, 2013
A typical day at work for me was answering the phone, making calls to CEO'S and College Students for a research project then keying the information given into the database, some filing alphabetical and on this particular job I had the privilege of actual interviewing new candidates for positions that were open. To me there was nothing at all hard about this job. I really enjoyed doing this type of work because, I enjoy talking with business people. Research work I enjoy asking people questions and getting their feedback.
Pros
Pitch Ins, Breaks, a little room for advancement.
Cons
No benefits for part time employees
Run away from this Company!!!!
data entry (Former Employee) –  Lowell Ar.August 24, 2013
Central research Management would tell you one day that your doing great and then the next day wright you up and tell you that your doing awful , You have to set your mood to what ever managements was so if they were in a bad mood you knew to keep your mouth shut and head down . They are not always honest with you about things that were going on. And some one is always getting fired , Every one there was always worried about being the next to go. best thing I did was leave that job ! I do miss my co works , they are what made the days there a little better.
Pros
Great Co workers
Cons
to many to say
Official response from Central Research
February 5, 2014

I do apologize that you felt that way about Central Research, Inc. We all experience different aspects of a company depending on our perception of reality and how we feel about an event or person.

I am not sure how to take your criticism and better the company seeing as the first statement is actually false. We have a monthly incentive program in which everyone has an opportunity to qualify for a bonus on top of their hourly pay rate. We do have a standard practice to perform our jobs with as little error as possible. It tends to work negatively if someone is constantly performing just as average and having many errors to counteract a positive review of someone's performance. If you were written up for errors, then that is a company policy that we have and everyone understands.

Sometimes we perceive reality of someone getting fired as a negative connotation to a company standard of practice. Most of the employees who have been let go have had the unfortunate history of poor performance or misconduct within the policy of the company.

Honesty is the best policy. Sometimes we are not able to correctly identify or explain a situation that is going on due to the procedures set in place. If someone is fired, then we are not allowed to fully disclose the reasoning behind it due to legal and ethical reasons. If someone partook in misconduct of the employee handbook, then that is grounds for termination as well.

We would like to have as many people on staff as possible and not have to fire anyone, but sometimes a company has to do so to protect others or to set a standard. If there  more... is a policy in the handbook and someone breaks that policy, then appropriate action has to be taken according to the offense.

I am sorry that you felt that way about this company, but I do hope that you have had an opportunity to find another job and have better luck there. I wish you the best in your future endeavors.

No Patience With Learners
researcher/data entry clerk (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARJanuary 12, 2013
I worked there *briefly* in 2006, part-time, as a researcher/data entry person. Maybe the atmosphere has improved since then, but at the time, they were still moving in from Virginia or somewhere in the east to the Lowell office; there was little furniture and we were all sitting in front of computers at long tables, almost shoulder to shoulder--not conditions conducive to quick acclimation and learning, as I was using Excel for the first time and trying to feel my way around the different pages, navigation, etc. There was nearly constant chatter going on with co-workers (NOT me, however) at the time, further impeding my concentration on the learning process.

Belatedly, I discovered that I was actually in some sort of competition with co-workers with much more Excel experience. expected to immediately be up to their same level of speed and performance. If I'd known what I was in for at the outset, I would not have accepted the position. I did my best, and was improving actually by the time I let me go, but they simply had no patience for people having to learn the software from the ground up and were not willing to wait what I considered a reasonable time for me to pick it up--I was fired after 2 weeks. Horrible atmosphere, supervisors intolerant of imperfection--I've been advising people to stay away ever since.
Pros
pay, location
Cons
impatient staff, difficult atmosphere, not willing to train
Stressful work environment
Former Death Researcher (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ArkansasSeptember 30, 2012
I worked there for two years. I started off as a phone caller and worked my way up to a researcher in the death department. During that time, I saw many people fired, including individuals in management, for piddly things. I received many awards for productivity, but my team was called in sometimes daily for "bully" sessions. Management was unreasonable and expected people to do what could not be done or was not reasonable. Do no recommend this company.
Pros
decent pay. little overtime or long hours
Cons
stressful work environment
greta music great clothing choices great prices
Marketing (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 7, 2012
making sales. helping customers find particular items and prices, helping with inventory, folding clothes and putting outfits on window display to draw in the customer
Pros
good discounts
Cons
short staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Central Research. Our community is ready to answer.