Central Research Employee Reviews

Great work environment, an amazing staff and so much room for oppurtunity
Collection Manager (Current Employee) –  Lowell, ARSeptember 13, 2016
I have never worked for a company more staff oriented than Central Research. The VP goes above and beyond for her staff members and is always looking for ways to improve the workplace and employee's skills. There is so much room for growth within this company and everyone is given an oppurtunity for advancement when available. If you want to work for a rewarding company who cares about their employees this is the job for you!
Pros
Rewarding with a great work environment
Cons
NONE
Was not with the new company long enough to develop a real sense of who they were/are
I performance as Deputy Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 21, 2015
All activities during this short period involved the transition of the contract from VETS Inc, to Central Research. This included introduction of new time keeping and production reporting systems to the 300+ workforce. Additionally, required to keep daily operations continuous which included the below support operations to the USCIS Texas Service Center:

- Mail Operations
- Data Entry
- Fee Collection and Deposit
- File Operations
Stay away from this company
Clerk I (Current Employee) –  Mesquite, TXAugust 4, 2016
I am a clerk in the Mesquite Office,we never know what to expect on a daily basic at this company. The attitude that some of the department managers have are very unprofessional they have no business being over anyone. They gossip a lot and talked about each others and the employee if your not in their circle. Some of the managers would talk down to the employee especially the older ones, which I witness on too many occasions. They had put together a employee committee team and this was one of the main complaints the employee had was with some of the managers the way they treat people which is still going on now. It would be a good place to work if they would look very hard at the people they have in place who are suppose to be leaders and ensure that they are doing the job they are hired to do, by showing every employee the respect they deserve on a daily basis. I think the employee would not be so stressed out about if they are going to be fired for speaking up for themselves. I did notice when the company had taken over from VETS, they did give out incentive awards which was good. But I believe the best incentive the company can give now to the employee would be to remove all the negative managers they have in place so that the employee will not feel they are not working in an hostile environment and they can come to work and enjoy being there. Last but not least get the employee a raise and stop just saying it, its been too many years we haven't had a rise and that is just wrong.
Great place to work!
Corporate Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Lowell, ARFebruary 13, 2014
I have worked for Central Research, Inc. for just over two years now. I am impressed with the companies volunteer work with the community (Toys For Tots, Operation H.O.G., and etc.). Central Research provides steady work and allows for others to enhance their office skills with various projects that instill learning opportunities for all.

If you are looking for a great entry-level office job, then this is the right place for you! We also have contracted work in Albuquerque, NM and Washington, D.C.
Pros
Great Pay, Incentives, 401k, Healthcare, Management
Great employer
Accounting/Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Lowell, ARFebruary 11, 2014
I've worked for Central Research for some time now, and still enjoy it. As a small company there are sometimes limited opportunities for advancement, but employees are rewarded for hard work and praised for their part in the company's growth and progress. The co-workers are wonderful and the managers are always trying to find ways to reward, inspire, and motivate. The company has added federal contracts in other areas such as Washington, DC, providing opportunity for future growth. I'd absolutely recommend this employer to anyone wanting stable, enjoyable, long-term work.
Pros
Employee awards, positive coworkers, pleasant environment
Great Work Environment
Business Development Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lowell, ARFebruary 18, 2014
Central Research promotes a great team-oriented environment. Team building exercises and opportunities to give back to the community are offered at every turn. Employees are encouraged to fine tune and develop their personal skills. Employees are even given the opportunity for advancement. The sky is truly the limit with this company!
Pros
Encouraging Management; Community Involvement; Team Oriented Atmosphere
Productive, Fun Place to work, and interesting.
Data Entry Clerk/Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 13, 2013
A typical day at work for me was answering the phone, making calls to CEO'S and College Students for a research project then keying the information given into the database, some filing alphabetical and on this particular job I had the privilege of actual interviewing new candidates for positions that were open. To me there was nothing at all hard about this job. I really enjoyed doing this type of work because, I enjoy talking with business people. Research work I enjoy asking people questions and getting their feedback.
Pros
Pitch Ins, Breaks, a little room for advancement.
Cons
No benefits for part time employees
Great place to work! Awesome employee incentives
Death Department (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARNovember 30, 2011
This is a great place to work, and the people that run it are absolutely amazing to work for. Central Research holds high standards and consistently seeks improvement in departments and employees. They have great employee incentives which makes everyone want to accomplish department and personal goals! In addition to all of this, Central Research understands the importance of teamwork; by implementing useful team building activities into the workplace they are increasing departmental success and the success of employee-employer relationships. If I haven't said it yet- This is a great place to work!
Stressful work environment
Former Death Researcher (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ArkansasSeptember 30, 2012
I worked there for two years. I started off as a phone caller and worked my way up to a researcher in the death department. During that time, I saw many people fired, including individuals in management, for piddly things. I received many awards for productivity, but my team was called in sometimes daily for "bully" sessions. Management was unreasonable and expected people to do what could not be done or was not reasonable. Do no recommend this company.
Pros
decent pay. little overtime or long hours
Cons
stressful work environment
Run away from this Company!!!!
data entry (Former Employee) –  Lowell Ar.August 24, 2013
Central research Management would tell you one day that your doing great and then the next day wright you up and tell you that your doing awful , You have to set your mood to what ever managements was so if they were in a bad mood you knew to keep your mouth shut and head down . They are not always honest with you about things that were going on. And some one is always getting fired , Every one there was always worried about being the next to go. best thing I did was leave that job ! I do miss my co works , they are what made the days there a little better.
Pros
Great Co workers
Cons
to many to say

Comment – February 5, 2014

I do apologize that you felt that way about Central Research, Inc. We all experience different aspects of a company depending on our perception of reality and how we feel about an event or person. I am not sure how to take your criticism and better the company seeing as the first statement is actually false. We have a monthly incentive program in which everyone has an opportunity to qualify for a bonus on top of their hourly pay rate. We do have a standard practice to perform our jobs with as little error as possible. It tends to work negatively if someone is constantly performing just as average and having many errors to counteract a positive review of someone's performance. If you were written up for errors, then that is a company policy that we have and everyone understands. Sometimes we perceive reality of someone getting fired as a negative connotation to a company standard of practice. Most of the employees who have been let go have had the unfortunate history of poor performance or misconduct within the policy of the company. Honesty is the best policy. Sometimes we are not able to correctly identify or explain a situation that is going on due to the procedures set in place. If someone is fired, then we are not allowed to fully disclose the reasoning behind it due to legal and ethical reasons. If someone partook in misconduct of the employee handbook, then that is grounds for termination as well. We would like to have as many people on staff as possible and not have to fire anyone, but sometimes a company has to do so to protect others or to set a standard. If there  more... is a policy in the handbook and someone breaks that policy, then appropriate action has to be taken according to the offense.

I am sorry that you felt that way about this company, but I do hope that you have had an opportunity to find another job and have better luck there. I wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Fun and Rewarding
Incarceration Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lowell, ARFebruary 20, 2014
I have worked at Central Research for 4+ years. I enjoy coming to work everyday. I have seen this company grow from around 20 employees to 50+. I love the fact that although we are growing we are still "small" enough to know all of your co-workers. We participate in team building games, although it might be something small, it is great to take a break from working and laugh and have fun with your co-workers. I love the fact that Central Research offers paid volunteer time. We are able to help at the Veteran's Hospital, Toys For Tots, Operation H.O.G. (care packages for military away from home during the holidays). Their are opportunists for advancement with Central Research, I have seen many in-house promotions. To sum it up Central Research is a rewarding and fun place to work.
Pros
paid volunteer hours, involved in the community, paid vacation, great benefits
Productive and life experience
FOIA Analyst (Former Employee) –  In the basement of Treasury DepartmentDecember 24, 2013
A typical day consisted of learning a new program i.e. Adobe-Pro., data entry into Adobe-Pro, up-dating reports in different data bases, preparing responsive letters to requesters, redacting pertinent information from documents.
Pros
learn new systems
Cons
No breaks
greta music great clothing choices great prices
Marketing (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 7, 2012
making sales. helping customers find particular items and prices, helping with inventory, folding clothes and putting outfits on window display to draw in the customer
Pros
good discounts
Cons
short staff
No Patience With Learners
researcher/data entry clerk (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARJanuary 12, 2013
I worked there *briefly* in 2006, part-time, as a researcher/data entry person. Maybe the atmosphere has improved since then, but at the time, they were still moving in from Virginia or somewhere in the east to the Lowell office; there was little furniture and we were all sitting in front of computers at long tables, almost shoulder to shoulder--not conditions conducive to quick acclimation and learning, as I was using Excel for the first time and trying to feel my way around the different pages, navigation, etc. There was nearly constant chatter going on with co-workers (NOT me, however) at the time, further impeding my concentration on the learning process.

Belatedly, I discovered that I was actually in some sort of competition with co-workers with much more Excel experience. expected to immediately be up to their same level of speed and performance. If I'd known what I was in for at the outset, I would not have accepted the position. I did my best, and was improving actually by the time I let me go, but they simply had no patience for people having to learn the software from the ground up and were not willing to wait what I considered a reasonable time for me to pick it up--I was fired after 2 weeks. Horrible atmosphere, supervisors intolerant of imperfection--I've been advising people to stay away ever since.
Pros
pay, location
Cons
impatient staff, difficult atmosphere, not willing to train

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Central Research. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2