Central Research

Central Research Employee Reviews

Great Work Environment
Business Development Assistant (Current Employee), Lowell, ARFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: encouraging management; community involvement; team oriented atmosphere
Central Research promotes a great team-oriented environment. Team building exercises and opportunities to give back to the community are offered at every turn. Employees are encouraged to fine tune and develop their personal skills. Employees are even given the opportunity for advancement. The sky is truly the limit with this company!
Great place to work!
Corporate Recruiter (Current Employee), Lowell, ARFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: great pay, incentives, 401k, healthcare, management
Cons: nothing
I have worked for Central Research, Inc. for just over two years now. I am impressed with the companies volunteer work with the community (Toys For Tots, Operation H.O.G., and etc.). Central Research provides – more... steady work and allows for others to enhance their office skills with various projects that instill learning opportunities for all.

If you are looking for a great entry-level office job, then this is the right place for you! We also have contracted work in Albuquerque, NM and Washington, D.C. – less
Great employer
Accounting/Human Resources (Current Employee), Lowell, ARFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: employee awards, positive coworkers, pleasant environment
I've worked for Central Research for some time now, and still enjoy it. As a small company there are sometimes limited opportunities for advancement, but employees are rewarded for hard work and praised – more... for their part in the company's growth and progress. The co-workers are wonderful and the managers are always trying to find ways to reward, inspire, and motivate. The company has added federal contracts in other areas such as Washington, DC, providing opportunity for future growth. I'd absolutely recommend this employer to anyone wanting stable, enjoyable, long-term work. – less
Worst place I've ever worked.
Death Department (Former Employee), Lowell, ARJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: occasional games of jenga or tailgate parties
Cons: high stress every day
The work itself wasn't bad. The management were awful!!!
Paranoid and abusive, the managers treated people like expendable assets. This place has the highest turnover of any place I've ever worked. Whole – more... groups of people would be fired at once, and remaining employees would be fired if they asked questions.
We were not allowed to talk to people in other departments or ask questions. You are not allowed out of your seat unless it's break time. Not even to refill your water.
They would go through your desk drawer and write up anyone that even had a list of the company's clients. If you're sick two days or more in a row, you couldn't come back to work without a doctor's note.
Employees had to make quota even if there wasn't enough work to make it possible.
A manager even came as "The Ghost of Employees Past" for Halloween, and wore all the badges of people he fired. I still have nightmares about working for this company. Truly horrific. – less
Productive and life experience
FOIA Analyst (Former Employee), In the basement of Treasury DepartmentDecember 24, 2013
Pros: learn new systems
Cons: no breaks
A typical day consisted of learning a new program i.e. Adobe-Pro., data entry into Adobe-Pro, up-dating reports in different data bases, preparing responsive letters to requesters, redacting pertinent information from documents.
Productive, Fun Place to work, and interesting.
Data Entry Clerk/Interviewer (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 13, 2013
Pros: pitch ins, breaks, a little room for advancement.
Cons: no benefits for part time employees
A typical day at work for me was answering the phone, making calls to CEO'S and College Students for a research project then keying the information given into the database, some filing alphabetical and – more... on this particular job I had the privilege of actual interviewing new candidates for positions that were open. To me there was nothing at all hard about this job. I really enjoyed doing this type of work because, I enjoy talking with business people. Research work I enjoy asking people questions and getting their feedback. – less
Run away from this Company!!!!
data entry (Former Employee), Lowell Ar.August 24, 2013
Pros: great co workers
Cons: to many to say
Central research Management would tell you one day that your doing great and then the next day wright you up and tell you that your doing awful , You have to set your mood to what ever managements was – more... so if they were in a bad mood you knew to keep your mouth shut and head down . They are not always honest with you about things that were going on. And some one is always getting fired , Every one there was always worried about being the next to go. best thing I did was leave that job ! I do miss my co works , they are what made the days there a little better. – less

February 5, 2014

I do apologize that you felt that way about Central Research, Inc. We all experience different aspects of a company depending on our perception of reality and how we feel about an event or person. I am – more... not sure how to take your criticism and better the company seeing as the first statement is actually false. We have a monthly incentive program in which everyone has an opportunity to qualify for a bonus on top of their hourly pay rate. We do have a standard practice to perform our jobs with as little error as possible. It tends to work negatively if someone is constantly performing just as average and having many errors to counteract a positive review of someone's performance. If you were written up for errors, then that is a company policy that we have and everyone understands.

Sometimes we perceive reality of someone getting fired as a negative connotation to a company standard of practice. Most of the employees who have been let go have had the unfortunate history of poor performance or misconduct within the policy of the company.

Honesty is the best policy. Sometimes we are not able to correctly identify or explain a situation that is going on due to the procedures set in place. If someone is fired, then we are not allowed to fully disclose the reasoning behind it due to legal and ethical reasons. If someone partook in misconduct of the employee handbook, then that is grounds for termination as well.

We would like to have as many people on staff as possible and not have to fire anyone, but sometimes a company has to do so to protect others or to set a standard. If there is a policy in the handbook and someone breaks that policy, then appropriate action has to be taken according to the offense.

I am sorry that you felt that way about this company, but I do hope that you have had an opportunity to find another job and have better luck there. I wish you the best in your future endeavors. – less

The Worst Place/Environment I have ever been in
Researcher (ie staring at Prison websites all day) (Current Employee), Lowell, ArApril 14, 2013
Cons: stress, ridiculous pay and benefits, management with no interpersonal skills.
The management of this company has absolutely no idea what they are doing. They do not respect their employees and treat everyone as dollar signs and disposable. Each employee is consistently looking for – more... another job because everyone is treated as a child. The management are lunatics who fire people due more to personality conflicts the actual work performed. This is not a team environment, unless you believe a monthly game of Jenga constitutes team building. If a manager doesn't like you, you are fired. They rule with lies and intimidation. For simply asking why someone is no longer there, you can and will be fired. If you turn in your two weeks notice, you are immediately asked to leave. This is a horrible company and I would never tell anyone to even interview for a position. Upper management does not care about their employees at headquarters and they have some secretive business in the DC area that they refuse to explain to the employees in Lowell. Management is secretive and paranoid, especially the President. They rely on others to do their job and cannot make simple decisions on their own. They blatantly lie in their job descriptions to make it sound like a great place to work, but I recommend finding a former employee to learn the truth. This is by far the worst company in Northwest Arkansas. – less

April 16, 2013

I must know you because I worked there for almost two years. Everything you said is very accurate. I can relate to what you went through. I would be curious to talk if you are no longer at this company. Anyway, I still have nightmares about this company from time to time. Good luck in finding a new position and putting the past behind you!

February 5, 2014

I do apologize on the behalf of Central Research, Inc. that you have the misfortune to connect Central Research to negative connotations that you have posted. It's never our intention to have employees – more... feel that way.

No one is fired on the basis of personality. We have structured our work and pride ourselves on work performed. If someone doesn't meet the standard of productivity that we all have agree upon then appropriate action must be taken. We try to provide employees an opportunity to improve their work performance by taking proper precaution with them. A verbal warning is given, followed by a written warning, and then termination if needed. We always try to provide an employee enough notice relating to their performance and what they should/can do to try and correct it.

When asking as to why someone is fired, it can be a legal and ethical issue to disclose the reasoning behind a termination. If you were to ask the employer, they can be sued for disclosing the termination's details. You are more than welcome to contact or speak with the employee who was let go, but an employer should never disclose to anyone other than Human Resources, Management, and the employee in question as to why they were let go.

The Washington, D.C. business is not a top secret mission in which no one is allowed to know anything about. We do not provide great detail through the hiring process for someone being considered for a position in Lowell as to what happens in Washington, D.C. because you are not working in Washington, D.C. What they do there versus here are two separate entities, but we have always provided information on our website as to who our customers are, http://www.central-research.com/Customers.aspx. If you had asked and someone told you that they couldn't disclose any information then I am sorry that they couldn't better assist you. We do try and offer many specifics when asked, but informing new hires on Washington, D.C. details is not warranted due to the separation of the entities and what each location provides for clients. – less

No Patience With Learners
researcher/data entry clerk (Former Employee), Lowell, ARJanuary 12, 2013
Pros: pay, location
Cons: impatient staff, difficult atmosphere, not willing to train
I worked there *briefly* in 2006, part-time, as a researcher/data entry person. Maybe the atmosphere has improved since then, but at the time, they were still moving in from Virginia or somewhere in the – more... east to the Lowell office; there was little furniture and we were all sitting in front of computers at long tables, almost shoulder to shoulder--not conditions conducive to quick acclimation and learning, as I was using Excel for the first time and trying to feel my way around the different pages, navigation, etc. There was nearly constant chatter going on with co-workers (NOT me, however) at the time, further impeding my concentration on the learning process.

Belatedly, I discovered that I was actually in some sort of competition with co-workers with much more Excel experience. expected to immediately be up to their same level of speed and performance. If I'd known what I was in for at the outset, I would not have accepted the position. I did my best, and was improving actually by the time I let me go, but they simply had no patience for people having to learn the software from the ground up and were not willing to wait what I considered a reasonable time for me to pick it up--I was fired after 2 weeks. Horrible atmosphere, supervisors intolerant of imperfection--I've been advising people to stay away ever since. – less
Psychotic Management; childish rules; temper tantrums abound
Computer guy (Former Employee), Lowell, ArSeptember 14, 2012
The second full day I spent at this Company, the IT Manager left, the Security Manager left; several researchers left.
Don’t expect to stay long. Everyone there is looking for a job.
Great place to work! Awesome employee incentives
Death Department (Former Employee), Lowell, ARNovember 30, 2011
This is a great place to work, and the people that run it are absolutely amazing to work for. Central Research holds high standards and consistently seeks improvement in departments and employees. They – more... have great employee incentives which makes everyone want to accomplish department and personal goals! In addition to all of this, Central Research understands the importance of teamwork; by implementing useful team building activities into the workplace they are increasing departmental success and the success of employee-employer relationships. If I haven't said it yet- This is a great place to work! – less

About Central Research

Central Research is a Center for Veterans Enterprise (CVE) certified, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), – Read more

Central Research Salaries

Project Analyst
$72,500 per year

Central Research Photos

Employees gather for a team building exercise.
We are a veteran owned company and we pride ourselves in trying to hire veterans and their spouses.
We donate toys, time, and pennies for children who are less fortunate each Christmas.