Central Services Employee Reviews

Great
BSW Intern (Former Employee) –  Morristown, TNApril 17, 2017
As this was only a place for an internship, it cannot be stated what it is like to be an employee. However, from the outside looking in, this would definitely be a great place to work.
Ability to learn a new industry
Office Manager / Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAFebruary 28, 2017
I learned so much about the dispatching service trucks to customer's homes. I knew how long a job should take and which technician was best for each job
Pros
Customer Contact
Cons
management helping others achieve personal goals
Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  ‘Aiea, HINovember 30, 2016
Going to work knowing you are there to help your company achieve their ultimate mission objectives make my day. I like feeling a part of the solution.
Pros
Open minded, safety oriented, Can do attitude
Only thing good about this place is the commission. But you'll get treated like a slave to get it
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PANovember 10, 2016
Worked here for 2 years. Fast pace sales environment. Which is good, but the staff is all about micromanaging their staff. They expect perfection and punish you for anything less. My opinion STAY AWAY very small company under 4 employees
Pros
Commission
Cons
Staff, culture, work life balance, 24/7 on call
A place where you feel part of the team
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAAugust 11, 2016
I have only been working here for about 3 weeks, yet I already feel like I am a part of the team. They expect you to work hard and do things right, but provide you with the necessary information and training to do things correctly so you are not left to your own devices. They are patient when you make mistakes but firm in constructive feedback about it, so that you are able to grow with the company and as an individual. Everyone works closely together and problem solves as a team. The work environment is really pleasant and makes a great place to focus on the tasks that you are given. The work is very detail oriented, which I have typically been a natural at in the past; however, seemingly small mistakes can have a big effect on the whole team and the work, so paying attention to details and having complete focus is a must for this job. I would highly recommend applying if you are interested in customer service or learning more about it, want management that invests in you to help you be the best at your job as possible, and have a sense of urgency to get done what needs to get done while at the same time taking your time, in order to do the best work that you can.
Pros
extremely pleasant work environment
Cons
sitting down alot
Be prepared for a Math test
None (Former Employee) –  VirginiaAugust 1, 2016
if you want to work here just to be a receptionist you have to take a Math test, believe me i am good at math, basics like times addition multiplications division fractions word problems algebra but when it goes above and beyond that Nope I am an older adult 40-50 and this test was way to advance even for me and I have been in customer service for many many years! I never knew a receptionist job that required that kind of math in order to talk on the phone place and receive orders, call back with surveys. So math geniuses please apply!
Pros
NONE
Cons
The people are to scripted even when greeting you!
Receptionist
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAMay 6, 2016
great people, learned many things about customer service and how to handle different things. It gets really busy with the phones, you learn to handle several calls at once. When phone not as busy, you call customers for quality surveys, make sure customers are happy.
Pros
learning and growth
Cons
personal cell phone not allowed
Home Advisor
Home Advisor (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAJanuary 31, 2016
I am responsible for In-home selling of residential systems. I was trained for this position. I started visiting customers in the Fairfax and Loudoun Counties once I was comfortable with the products. Central Services really stands behind their work and their warranty. The team work in the company is great. The service technicians, the management and the office people are all communicating and working together with the goal to help the customer.
Pros
They stand behind their work
Cons
Being late is not acceptable
Great Place to Work!
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VANovember 10, 2015
Central Services is a great place to work for. Everybody is very friendly. All the employees work as a team together. The management is very supportive.
Pros
We are always busy. It is never boring.
Cons
I really can't think of anything negative to say.
hvac tech
hvac tech (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VANovember 4, 2015
company is good, work is there year round, they do what they say, when busy they work saturdays, good team work. Most of work is in northern va.
Pros
commission plan
Cons
they send you home if you're late
Terrible Sales Job!
Sales (Former Employee) –  HerndonApril 19, 2014
They are always looking. Constant sales turn over. Micro manage you like you have never been. Carrier dealer and everyone sells Carrier. High prices and low commissions. Long hours which make for poor work balance life. I am so glad to be gone! Don't waste your professional sales life working here!
Pros
Zero
Great teamwork, community involvement
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAJune 19, 2013
Central Services has been a great company to be involved with. There is a lot of room for growth, and the training opportunities are both challenging and rewarding. I started off on the ground floor as a receptionist, but quickly moved into other roles. The pay is a little low to start off with, but very quickly the compensation increases as you grow with the company. My favorite part about working here has got to be the teamwork. We’ve done a lot of fun activities as a group, and all the people here are great to work with. We’re more involved with our local community, which is a fun way to get out of the office and meet people.
Pros
Growth potential, challenging work, great people to work with.
Cons
Long days sometimes, customers push to the limits.
Its a great job to work for because its entry level; but they do not treat every worker equally
Receptionist/ Client Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Herdon, VAMay 21, 2012
A typical day for me at Central Service Heating and Air Conditioning would usually start off good, I would go to my desk and start my normal task of filling the printer and copier and checking management schedules to remind them of any upcoming events. Then some part of the day management would come and ruin my entire day because of maybe one slight mistake I made which cost the company nothing or would complain about the way im handling a customer, which would be the way they trained me to do so. When I brought it to there attention that they would give me direction to do things one way and when I do it they down talk me and then tell me to do it differently they told me to either get use to it or this may not be the job for me; which makes a person not feel welcome at all. Management cusses at each other argues and more with each other in front of the staff making it a very unprofessional work place. Honestly the only good thing about work there is the pay.
Pros
the pay
Cons
the unproffesional setting