Central State Hospital

Central State Hospital Employer Reviews

Laid Back
Forensic Service Technician (Former Employee), Milledgeville, GAMarch 4, 2014
Cons: dealing with mental patients w
Good Teamwork. You Deal with patients with different mental problems. Your job is to help them with everyday basic of life.
Everyday at work is different, I would never know if it was going to be a good day or bad day.
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: there was always a chance to make a better day for someone in need.
Cons: employees may get attacked
Central State was a place where employee helped residents with everyday living tasks.
Great place to love and have care and become a famiy
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Milledgeville, GAJanuary 22, 2014
Its communicating all day, teamwork ethics, and i love caring and helping others .
Enjoyable work experience
Secretary Principal (Former Employee), Milledgeville, GAJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: excellent retirement benefits
Employment experience involved working in different avenues and afforded good medical & retirement benefits.
I was a employee before i was a supervisor Working at the state you ad room to move up. My supervisor was willing to help you move up.
Food Service Supervisor (Former Employee), MilledgevilleJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: we could eat free. we had 30 minutes break.
Cons: we had 30 minutes break
I was a supervisor. I had a great superviosr. My staff was excellent. They were a team player. They was willing to try different things. I wish i was still there. The hardest part was writing up my staff.
get indiviuals ready to sleep
Health Care Technician (Former Employee), Milledgeville, GAJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: they go to bed
Cons: baths and sometimes snacks
I would come in and make sure the indiviuals bedding was made all of their complaints were taking care of. making sure they dont hurt themselves nor anyone of their peers around them.
Forensic psychiatric workplace rehabilitating clients to return to society or jail to serve out sentence.
Forensic Mental Health Technician (Current Employee), Petersburg, VAJanuary 7, 2014
Provide behavioral and psychiatric nursing care to mentally and developmentally disabled patients.
▪ Monitor and document the physical condition and behavior of each assigned patient and report significant changes.
▪ Aid in the development of group and individual therapy regimens and apply therapy accordingly.
▪ Obtain and chart temperature, pulse, – more... blood pressure, and respiration of patients.
▪ Promote work and other life skills by helping patients perform activities of daily living. – less
Medication Administration
Medication Nurse (Former Employee), Petersburg, VADecember 31, 2013
Med pass, group treatment, lunch, more group treatment and end of the day
Gained wonderful skills dealing with the mentally challenged
ward 94 charge nurse (Former Employee), Petersburg, VADecember 24, 2013
Pros: gained a boat loadof skillsdealling with difficult mental situations
Cons: low pay for the distance i had to travel
Gained skills dealing with tough mentally challenged people.
A wonderful place to work
Health Service Technician (Former Employee), Milledgeville, GADecember 20, 2013
enjoyed working there good benifits Has sick time and annual time for employees
didn't care about employers
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Milledgeville, GANovember 22, 2013
They didn't understand if you were sick and couldn't come to work. They didn't care about employers.
Productive and relaxed workplace
Charge Nurse (Current Employee), Petersburg, VA 23803October 23, 2013
Challenging and helping in patient recovery progress with a compassionate environment. Working in a team focused based set up. A typical day should be enjoyable looking forward to best contribution from team members for patient recovery.
NOT FUN JUST WORK
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Milledgeville, GAOctober 13, 2013
GOOD DAYS BAD DAYS AND WORK AND LEARNED HOW TO MAINTAIN FLOORS AND DIFFERENT CLEANING MACHINES THE MANAGEMENT WAS GREAT THE CO WORKERS WAS MEDIUM THE HARDEST PART OF THE JOB WAS FLOOR DUTIES THE BEST PART WAS NOTHING
Learned to multi task
Clerk Senior (Former Employee), Milledgeville, GAOctober 11, 2013
Pros: self starter, being the middle man and enjoyed helping the doctors
Cons: had to share office with other workers, doctors and nurses
The data entry was an experience that can never be forgotten. I enjoyed being the clerk for the unit and being the middle man for the workers and clients. I enjoyed ALL of the clerical duties. Assisting the doctors with information about the client's chart was a great experience.
Hands on experience with hospital patients
Safety & Security Technician (Former Employee), Petersburg, VASeptember 18, 2013
Cons: minor physical labor
I worked with aggressive patients. I learned how to work as a team and cope with unpredictable personalities. I also learned how to operate surveillance equipment.I really enjoy this job and my work environment.
Perform daily patient care
Forensic Health Technician (Former Employee), Petersburg, VASeptember 11, 2013
Performs or assists the patient/client in completion of personal hygiene needs which include: Bathing, skin care, grooming, dressing, oral hygiene and toileting needs.
Assists in maintenance of a healthful and safe environment.
Attempts to promote the patient/clients mental alertness through involvement in activities. Observes and reports any changes – more... in the patient/client’s physical, mental, or emotional condition or home situation to a nurse or designee in a timely manner.
While at this position, I learned how to be more aware of your surroundings. The management staff and my co workers were pleasant to work with and we worked as a team. The hardest part of the job was learning the facility. The most enjoyable part of the job was the overall experience. I like the job. – less
fun everyday
Mental Health Technician III (Former Employee), Louisville, KYSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: going on all the field trips to different places
Cons: when the children go through five years with you then go to sixth grade
This job says bus monitor but actually I was an ECE Instructional Assist(self contained class). I worked with the special needs children after the bus ride in the morning then I got back on the bus with my children in the evening. It was a wonderful job working with children helping then will basic learning and social skills
CHALLENGING AT TIMES
FORENSIC SCIENCE TECHNICHIAN (Former Employee), Petersburg, VASeptember 10, 2013
THIS WAS A GREAT JOB, ALTHOUGH VERY HARD WORK TO DO AT TIMES, SOMETIMES EXTREMELY DANGEROUS
productive work place
Health Service Technician Lead (Former Employee), Milledgeville, GASeptember 3, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks
productive work place .learned a lot about people and enjoyed working with individuals
ping pong, table basketball, walking on exercise machine.
fmht (Former Employee), Petersburg, VAAugust 20, 2013
A typical day at work on my shift is to go in to listen to report to what went on during the day shift, relieve the dayshift after report. Set showers up, monitoring clients, recording clients attire before he goes out on grounds, the issuance of grounds passes, escort client to nurse so he can repeat the grounds pass rules to her or him and then escort – more... client to front door to unlock it so he can get outside. Take clients to dinner in their dining room which would be around 1700 hours or 5pm. Take them down to do their laundry, nursing note or documentation, pass out snack bags at snack time. Clients usually go to snack machine and soda machines after dinner. Take out dirty linen. Get linen from supply room if midnight shift has not done it. Report any complaints to RN and document if client has a complaint. I was in school for psychology so I have learned more from that. I have learned a lot about mental illness and the things that it entails. I feel that management could use improvement. My co-workers were good to work with but not all of them. There were really no hard parts to my job because my clients basically took care of themselves. The most enjoyable is or was working weekends and holidays being that they are human beings and somebody has to be with them 24/7 but it is usually those time that were laid back because they had no groups to go to. They were either in their rooms, watching tv especially games or out on their 48 hour passes so we weren't as busy at those times. We also had to escort our clients to the canteen in the evening where they could buy junk food, watch tv or movies, play games and go to the patient library where there is a ping pong table, a game that requires throwing a ball into these holes, cards, bingo, and listening to music. – less

1 2 3 4