Central State University Employee Reviews

Productive, inspirational, and enjoyable
Instructor, Social Work Program (Current Employee) –  Wilberforce, OHDecember 2, 2016
Flexible day with many educational influences, seminars, and interactions with students. I learned how to embrace cultural diversity and grow as an individual. Individuals are competent and given the opportunity to manage their own time with the expectancy to finish tasks in a timely manner.
Pros
Self contained campus
Cons
Extremely hard work
Student assistant very productive
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilberforce, OHDecember 10, 2016
This job taught you how to schedule things and learn how to talk to people too get your way. Also , the company was good with paying on time and great co workers
Pros
Good money
This is a College,
research assistant/student (Former Employee) –  Wilberforce, OHNovember 22, 2016
This school is horrible. I really think the govenrment should invesitgate why it has a high transfer rate as well as a low graduation rate. This school is a bigger fraud than Trump University.
Aspiring
Perform as an assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilberforce, OHAugust 8, 2016
I loved working for my school, I was new so I was able to meet new people and step inside the life of a sports director which was great. The job consisted of a lot of hard work and time but they always made sure that school came first. I had to show my work (class work) before I could come to work.
Pros
Basketball Games
Cons
Working Basketball Games
I learned alot
Sodexo Magic Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  OhioJuly 5, 2016
a typical day at central state starts with breakfast for students and faculty, we serve around 600 people for each meal.
I learned leadership skills and some really good people skils
my coworkers are knowledgable in all the tasks set by us
the hardest part of the job is getting a students to follow instructions
Cons
only one 30min paid break
Hbcu
Financial Aid Student Worker (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Wilberforce, OHAugust 13, 2016
I went to school there and I enjoyed working with people in the financial aid office. The people are completely friendly and they are willing to help students make sure that they can stay in school.
Great
CSU Recreation Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilberforce, OHJuly 12, 2016
Owner/Operator August 2015-May 2016
• Broke new ground by introducing the University’s first student owned food and beverage convenience store
• Kept stock/inventory
•Managed employees/sales associates
• Established multiple locations in the lobbies of dorms located on campus
Open to a new environment
Resident Advisor (Current Employee) –  Wilberforce, OHMarch 12, 2016
A typical day at work is marking sure the residents in the building are good, monitoring the desk for a couple of hours, walking the floors, and interacting with the students. I learn to have a lot of patience,because it can get difficult dealing with different people with different backgrounds, who morals and values aren't the same. Working as a team with my coworkers is definitely a plus to help manage the building. It's always good to hear different creative ways to help the residents. The hardest part of the job is waking up in the middle of the night for a incident or a room lock out. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping empower , guide and develop a resident greatness that is already inside them.
Pros
Meeting different people from around the world, free single room and a monthly stipend
Cons
Always on call to respond to a incident
Received a great deal of experience
Computer Technician (Current Employee) –  Wilberforce, OHMay 10, 2016
Provided lots of hands on training with technical applications. Fostered an environment to explore creativity and ideas, which allowed an opportunity to realize my fullest growth potential.
great work
Store Manager, Buyer and Retail Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wilberforce, OHJune 15, 2016
great opportunity when working with all different types of students and from different locations. great to work with
Pros
work with students
Cons
not to free
Entry Level
Marketing Coordinator & Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wilberforce, OHMarch 31, 2016
This is my first real job post graduation, so I have no real complaints. Getting my feet and working to figure out what path I would like to take career wise.
Pros
free lunch, friendly staff
Productive workplace on campus
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilberforce, OHMay 25, 2016
This company strives for excellence and includes all its employees in the rewards. I enjoy that the hours are flexible and the pay is on time. This is a place where networking comes alive
Learning hands on
Human Resource Employment Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilberforce, OHMarch 7, 2016
A typical day at work is very busy and fast-paced. There was lots to learn and do because we were always short-staffed. Although the experience wasn't the worst, it could have been much better had we not been so short of staff. The hardest part of the job was actually working under those circumstances.
Pros
The eductional piece
Cons
Not enough employees
Fun workplace with wonderful students and faculty
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilberforce, OHDecember 1, 2014
The typical day of work consisted of filing documents, answering phones, handling correspondence for the Chairman of the Department of Fine and Performing Arts. Entered purchase requisitions and following their progress until complete. Maintained budget for entire department. Completed all travel expense reports for department faculty. Schedule meetings and travel arrangements for department. I learned how to be more flexible by not keeping such a rigid schedule that I created to finish my work all while completing each task by priority, quickly and efficiently. The management was wonderful, I enjoyed both chairmen during my employment. My co-workers and I had a healthy and fun working relationship and got along great! The hardest part of the job was in attempts to handle my duties as efficiently as possible, the "upline" sometimes hindered tasks being completed in a timely manner due to lack of attention to detail which tended to make things slightly difficult. However, I always managed to show that my duties were always completed. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with great faculty and students.
Pros
easy going atmosphere
Cons
no job security, frequent lay-offs
Work Study Student
Student Orientation Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Wilberforce, OHJune 13, 2013
Overall, working for the university of my choice has been beneficial. I was able to network with various other employers for jobs that will be available during the duration of my college career thanks to my manager. The work conditions were secure and the atmosphere was family oriented. Normally I would be given task to keep the office running smooth such as filing documents and making duplicates. Whenever called in, I would also assist with sporting events such as football and basketball games. The hardest part of this job was moving equipment but with the help of my co-workers that was merely an issue.
Pros
Made my own schedule
Cons
Nonoe
Change is Central
Senior Admission-Diversity Officer (Former Employee) –  Wilberforce, OHJuly 26, 2015
Friendly environment
Serve under represented students
Goal Oriented to reach enrolment
Innovative attitude to help client(s) to make final decision
Travel 35%
Translate documents for marketing team
Engage in grant writing
Lead recruiter team
Assign territories
Analyze progress or changes in territories
Use of data to make decisions
Provide recommendations to re assign duties or territories
Facilitate trainings
Presentations to organizations that research and support Higher Ed
Serve as leader in the community - community outreach
Tours Program
Campus Tours Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Wilberforce, OHSeptember 19, 2014
-Submitting tour request into the system daily
-Daily interactions with Tour Guides
-Schedule weekly meetings for Tour Guides
-I learned four ethics for the workplace: Accountability, Ownership, Soft Skills, Decorum
-Daily meeting with my supervisor
-The hardest part of my job is making sure that the program is attractive for visitors
-I love meeting the prospective students, they're always vibrant and energetic
-I find it fun coming up with new themes for trainings and recruitment events for the university
Pros
Travel, Sit in on executive meetings
Cons
Accommodating unscheduled tours, Denial of requisitions
Residential Experience
Hall Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Wilberforce, OHSeptember 24, 2015
supervising students and making sure students have the best residential experience possible. programming models for students and learning communities have been provided. making sure residents live comfortable and understand the important of diversity and other cultures.
very nice work place with great chemical equipment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Wilberforce, OHNovember 15, 2014
A typical day at work begins with an assigned experiment which is then researched for background information such as hazardous codes and chemical substitutions for safer experiment procedures. Once chemicals are set in stone procedure is then performed with safety equipment (goggles, lab coat) if experiment is completed in error or dose not have the expected results it is then analyzed for calculation error's or human errors and then repeated. Co-workers and advisor also check over the presented work discussion and suggestions are taken in consideration to form new analysis. The hardest part of the job is when your results are not accurate or précises and changes must be made. The most enjoyable part of the job is discovering alternate ways of accomplishing the same outcome of an experiment.
Professional and rewarding part-time work environment
Adjunct Instructor College of Education (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OhDecember 30, 2014
A typical day as an Adjunct College Instructor in the College of Education involves planning and implementing challenging lessons to prepare future teachers for the education profession. Responsible for monitoring and maintaining records of student progress and achievement. It is a fairly independent position so the interaction with the department chair is minimal. There is nothing hard about the job, it is very enjoyable, but at final time the demands can be somewhat challenging. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with my students.
Pros
Love the work. Flexible schedule.
Cons
Low pay.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Central State University. Our community is ready to answer.

Central State University Reviews by Location