Central State University Employee Reviews

Change is Central
Senior Admission-Diversity Officer (Former Employee), Wilberforce, OHJuly 26, 2015
Friendly environment
Serve under represented students
Goal Oriented to reach enrolment
Innovative attitude to help client(s) to make final decision
Travel 35%
Translate documents for marketing team
Engage in grant writing
Lead recruiter team
Assign territories
Analyze progress or changes in territories
Use of data to make decisions
Provide recommendations to re assign duties or territories
Facilitate trainings
Presentations to organizations that research and support Higher Ed
Serve as leader in the community - community outreach
Preparing Veterans to pass the GED and placement test for entering Central State.
Mathematics Tutor (Former Employee), Wilberforce, OHMay 31, 2015
Pros: Motivating older gentlemen to enroll and attend college.
Cons: Funding ran out. The program was shut down.
I motivated non high school graduates Veterans to take the GED and placement test of Central State University. They then were enrolled as Freshmen after a successful completion of the program.
Productive Atmosphere
Student Activities (Former Employee), Wilberforce, OHMay 28, 2015
I enjoyed being able to help and converse with fellow student athletes while at work. Being able to help was the best part because a lot of times these athletes were facing minor problems that I once dealt with as well.
"Boss the Yard", Director and Producer (Former Employee), wilberforce ohioMay 26, 2015
Pros: It is all worth it in the end
Cons: I do not get paid
Boss the yard was something I put together at my school every year. Its a half concert/ step show. It sales out every year making an average about 3,000 which goes to my organization that I also founded.
Work Place Experience
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Wilberforce,OhioMay 8, 2015
Pros: I receieved a free computer
I sat in a room until my boss assigned me a job to do, every now and then i would check computer labs to make sure all the computers worked. How to install memory, software from a disc, set up the IP address on the computers,change cd drives, and change the hard drive. My co-worker was a good person and knowledgeable on computer's hardware. Trouble shooting and trying to solve issues on my own. Setting up the IP address and fixing hardware issues.
It can be a wonderful experience
Facilities Manager (Former Employee), Wilberforce, OHApril 19, 2015
It can be a wonderful experience if you enjoy working in a collegiate atmosphere. The students are great and the staff is like a family.
Loving Busy Work place
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee), Wilberforce, OHMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Free lunches great hours
Greeting students and staff everyday answering the phones scheduling appointment. handling cash payments for certain things checking ID cards to enter certain parts of the facility making sure people are properly checked in and feel comfortable.
Productive and fun place they had a pool table and video games
Equipment Manager (Former Employee), Wilberforce, OHFebruary 12, 2015
this opportunity came about through work study during my undergraduate years at Central State University. I spent most of my time in the student union building.My official title was equipment manager, I worked with over 3000 students on a daily basis, organizing and distributing equipment to the student body.
....
student assistant (Former Employee), Wilberforce, OHJanuary 1, 2015
i flied papers and kept the place well organized. i also used a lot of Microsoft programs and designing flyers and posters as well
Professional and rewarding part-time work environment
Adjunct Instructor College of Education (Current Employee), Dayton, OhDecember 30, 2014
Pros: love the work. flexible schedule.
Cons: low pay.
A typical day as an Adjunct College Instructor in the College of Education involves planning and implementing challenging lessons to prepare future teachers for the education profession. Responsible for monitoring and maintaining records of student progress and achievement. It is a fairly independent position so the interaction with the department chair is minimal. There is nothing hard about the job, it is very enjoyable, but at final time the demands can be somewhat challenging. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with my students.
Fun workplace with wonderful students and faculty
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Wilberforce, OHDecember 1, 2014
Pros: easy going atmosphere
Cons: no job security, frequent lay-offs
The typical day of work consisted of filing documents, answering phones, handling correspondence for the Chairman of the Department of Fine and Performing Arts. Entered purchase requisitions and following their progress until complete. Maintained budget for entire department. Completed all travel expense reports for department faculty. Schedule meetings and travel arrangements for department. I learned how to be more flexible by not keeping such a rigid schedule that I created to finish my work all while completing each task by priority, quickly and efficiently. The management was wonderful, I enjoyed both chairmen during my employment. My co-workers and I had a healthy and fun working relationship and got along great! The hardest part of the job was in attempts to handle my duties as efficiently as possible, the "upline" sometimes hindered tasks being completed in a timely manner due to lack of attention to detail which tended to make things slightly difficult. However, I always managed to show that my duties were always completed. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with great faculty and students.
This was only a work-study job during college.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), WilberforceNovember 18, 2014
I had a lot of fun at this job. It was my first semi professional job.
very nice work place with great chemical equipment
Intern (Former Employee), Wilberforce, OHNovember 15, 2014
A typical day at work begins with an assigned experiment which is then researched for background information such as hazardous codes and chemical substitutions for safer experiment procedures. Once chemicals are set in stone procedure is then performed with safety equipment (goggles, lab coat) if experiment is completed in error or dose not have the expected results it is then analyzed for calculation error's or human errors and then repeated. Co-workers and advisor also check over the presented work discussion and suggestions are taken in consideration to form new analysis. The hardest part of the job is when your results are not accurate or précises and changes must be made. The most enjoyable part of the job is discovering alternate ways of accomplishing the same outcome of an experiment.
I enjoyed working here.
Janitor/custodian (Former Employee), Dayton, OhOctober 20, 2014
I cleaned floors and offices and restrooms. Management was fine. I liked my co-workers. The part I enjoyed most was talking to the professors from time to time.
Family Oriented Job
Lead Tour Guide (Current Employee), Wilberforce, OHOctober 5, 2014
Very enjoyable job, but it's only work-study. The whole campus is like a family so there is a lot of love. Always helping polish students to prepare them for the work force.
Tours Program
Campus Tours Coordinator (Current Employee), Wilberforce, OHSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: travel, sit in on executive meetings
Cons: accommodating unscheduled tours, denial of requisitions
-Submitting tour request into the system daily
-Daily interactions with Tour Guides
-Schedule weekly meetings for Tour Guides
-I learned four ethics for the workplace: Accountability, Ownership, Soft Skills, Decorum
-Daily meeting with my supervisor
-The hardest part of my job is making sure that the program is attractive for visitors
-I love meeting the prospective students, they're always vibrant and energetic
-I find it fun coming up with new themes for trainings and recruitment events for the university
Rewarding work with future leaders
Project Administrator/Facilities Manager (Former Employee), Wilberforce, OhioAugust 17, 2014
Pros: free education
Cons: constant job insecurity. trying to recruit enough students.
A typical day required me to help facilitate different stages of repair and construction across campus. Contract reviews, vendor selection, progress reporting. I also created many relationships across campus with faculty, staff and students.
CSU
Intern (Former Employee), Wilberforce, OHAugust 9, 2014
Area where you are allowed the freedom to learn and accomplish many things. The environment was not organized. I will say it was a great place for problem solvers to be.
Enrollment Specialist (Current Employee), Wilberforce, OHJuly 16, 2014
Recruiting students is one of the best jobs i obtained. I recruit students on the daily from various cities ans territories
Enjoyable position in higher education.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Wilberforce, OHJuly 13, 2014
Pros: family atmosphere
Cons: not much interaction with students.
Provided support for the Provost. Worked closely with faculty.