Central Texas Medical Center Employee Reviews

busy but nurses has teamwork
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Center, TXOctober 16, 2017
Teamwork- great.

Work?- tons- charting is horrible. Over all, I love working here. Doctor's are great. Charge Nurse are helpful. Old rooms but ok,
Small hospital
Registered Respiratory Therapist, PRN Pool (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXAugust 15, 2017
Overall, this place is a great place to work if you like small hospitals. There isn't much of an advancement for a RRT, but if you like comfort this is the place for you.
Pros
overtime
Team Leader Operating Room (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXAugust 11, 2017
Part of the Adventist system. Close knit staff and physicians. Listened to the nurses, lots of autonomy. Not a teaching facility, however the physicians were always willing to teach the staff.
Cook/prep
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXAugust 10, 2017
My here was intresting and educational.
It was not what i was expecting at first.
Would of stay here work. I enjoyed my job.
Due to my family issues . i had to leave.
Great Coworkers
Certified Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXJuly 28, 2017
The atmosphere is great. Coworkers make work worth coming to. It can be busy and stressful at times but what job isn't? New management that's learning but overall a great place to work.
productive and fun workplace
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXJuly 28, 2017
I loved working for ctmc. The entire staff on my floor was to die for. We werent only coworkers but family. I hate that im not working there. Id do anything to go back. The benefits and discounts were awesome. CTMC rocks!!
Very passionate work environment
CNA/Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXJuly 4, 2017
Central Texas Medical Center was my first medical profession and loved every minute. I am looking to advance my career into another position. They offered me the skills I needed in order to move forward.
Pros
friendly work environment, make your own schedule
Cons
pay is decent but could give a little more in the cna department
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXMay 18, 2017
Central Texas Medical Center's culture is great. My time at the Central Texas Medical Center was wonderful. Management really took the time to listen to my concerns and needs, and I felt like a part of the team.
Productive Place
Certified Surgical Technologist/Purchaser (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 12, 2017
Small hospital and all get along well. The leadership teams are evolved with the employees well being. Efforts are made to make the work day easier for the individual.
Did not live out it's mission
anonymous (Former Employee) –  anonymousApril 25, 2017
I was originally interested in working here due to the mission statement of 'extending the healing ministry of Christ.' Unfortunately when I arrived I knew within 1 week of working here that wasn't the case. Just a few examples: Manager being dishonest about job description/responsibilities in interview, retaliation and bullying by Manager, veiled threats by Manager, being made fun of about being a Mother by co-worker during a 'meeting', inappropriate comments made by Manager, being followed to my car by co-worker, and Manager raising their voice during 'meetings'. I notified upper management about the above on more than 5 occasions and documented most of it and the behavior continued and nothing changed. This was by far the most oppressive and negative environment I have worked in in my entire career. Please be very wary when considering working here. I would think that a faith based hospital would help an employee who has consistent complaints about valid and pervasive issues that have been reported over and over again, however that was not the case. They stood by the above behavior that was reported over and over again.

Want to know more about Central Texas Medical Center?

Ask a question
Central Texas Medical Center
AUXILIARY VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Center, TXApril 17, 2017
I was an auxiliary volunteer at the hospital for over one year. An auxiliary volunteer in the hospital has many functions in hospitals. We take care of patients and patients' families, help staff with work overload and work at the information desk to guide hospital to visitors. I liked working for them because I met wonderful people who are selfless and like give their time to care for patients of all ages without getting a reward.
Pros
Management, administration, enjoyable
Cons
I moved too far away from the hospital.
ctmc ER
RN - Emergency room (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXApril 4, 2017
a great place to work,until new ED director was hired.leads by fear and ran off a lot of solid employees.now the ER is constantly short staffed,and employees drained.woiuldnt work there or recommend to any ER nurse.
Fast paced environment with a positive company culture
Texas - Recruitment/ HR Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXMarch 7, 2017
I enjoy coming to work each day. I work with an amazing team and the positive environment I work in is created by my Director. She encourages work-life balance and feels it is an essential part of being productive.
Pros
Health and Retirement Benefits
Cons
Not many opportunities to advance
Very good learning experience
Certified Nurse Assistant/ Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TX 78666January 21, 2017
long shifts but only 3 days per week which made things easier to schedule appointments for outside of your work days.
management is awesome and I also had very good co workers
Great company to work for
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Center, TXJanuary 3, 2017
Asked many questions on how to process the blood to the med techs. Worked with great people. My co workers were very punctual. The hardest part of my job was seeing my patients passing away. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting patients and making them laugh.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
low pay with someone who has 9 years of experince
christian atmosphere with an emphasis on healthy lifestyle
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXDecember 30, 2016
As a member of the labor and delivery department, I care for women during childbirth. Nurse autonomy is encouraged, as is managing up peers and providers. The staff are friendly and help is always available if needed.
very nice hospital
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXDecember 25, 2016
A very welcoming place to work for. Mostly are nice and helpful! Management are supportive of every employees. Some part of the hospital may need some updating to keep up with other facilities around the area as far as treatments, and equipments.
Care is personal
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXDecember 24, 2016
Care is rendered on both a professional and personal level. Small facility allows for interpersonal relationships with fellow staff.

Facility is clean and well maintained.

Professional staff that work well with each other.
Best Choice- Medical Technologist
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXJune 10, 2016
I noticed that someone commented that the management was bad and there was racial slurs. First off let me say I am African American and have NEVER once felt any type of racism towards me much less any racial slur. I originally come from a small country town that still have these unethical practices. One of the many reasons i moved here was to get away from that. I recently moved here, and since day one this place has treated me like one of their own. Even before I moved here I had people offering me a place to stay and they haven't even met me. It is a nice environment to work where you feel like everyone is family. So for someone to comment or "pull the race card" I do not think it is fair to label this department, much less this hospital with such an unfair label. As for management, probably one of the best I have came across. Its hard these days to find a boss who is fun easy going, but stern and leader with a back bone when needed. I think this department has NAILED it in finding someone who fits this role. Everyone is easy to approach and talk to. If something need to get done they are quick to respond. I also greatly appreciate how this job challenges you to step up and become a leader. Since I have been here, they have giving me different task to keep work interesting, fun, and a overall learning experience. All and all probably one the best choices I have made in my career.
Pros
Great place, Communication, well around great learning, Leadership
Cons
Nothing Major
Phelbotomy Supervisor
Phelbotomy Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXDecember 5, 2015
Loved the lab techs.The management was and still is a big joke, racial slurs, etc. They wasn't ever enough coverage, and no one would even listen to plans to fix it.
Pros
Discounted meals
Cons
Management is lacking in so many areas