Central Texas Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Best Choice- Medical Technologist
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXJune 10, 2016
I noticed that someone commented that the management was bad and there was racial slurs. First off let me say I am African American and have NEVER once felt any type of racism towards me much less any racial slur. I originally come from a small country town that still have these unethical practices. One of the many reasons i moved here was to get away from that. I recently moved here, and since day one this place has treated me like one of their own. Even before I moved here I had people offering me a place to stay and they haven't even met me. It is a nice environment to work where you feel like everyone is family. So for someone to comment or "pull the race card" I do not think it is fair to label this department, much less this hospital with such an unfair label. As for management, probably one of the best I have came across. Its hard these days to find a boss who is fun easy going, but stern and leader with a back bone when needed. I think this department has NAILED it in finding someone who fits this role. Everyone is easy to approach and talk to. If something need to get done they are quick to respond. I also greatly appreciate how this job challenges you to step up and become a leader. Since I have been here, they have giving me different task to keep work interesting, fun, and a overall learning experience. All and all probably one the best choices I have made in my career.
Pros
Great place, Communication, well around great learning, Leadership
Cons
Nothing Major
Phelbotomy Supervisor
Phelbotomy Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXDecember 5, 2015
Loved the lab techs.The management was and still is a big joke, racial slurs, etc. They wasn't ever enough coverage, and no one would even listen to plans to fix it.
Pros
Discounted meals
Cons
Management is lacking in so many areas
Faith based not for profit that lives its mission
Administrative Director, Outcomes Management (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXNovember 29, 2015
In all my years in healthcare, I have not experienced such a healthy culture made up of human beings! The faith based Adventist structure with focus on mission and spirituality, combines for a strong infrastructure that is hard to match. I am thankful to be part of the team.
Job Review
Charge RN, Interventional Cardiac Cath Lab (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXNovember 3, 2015
Good small hospital. New interventional lab with some growing pains. Compassionate staff, overall good place to work
Awesome place to work!
FT/Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Center, TXMay 28, 2015
My co-workers are the real reason I love my job. They are awesome to work with.

It's a very relaxed environment & you are appreciated and acknowledged for the work you accomplish.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
none that i can think of
Good company to work for.
Registered Nurse, Staff (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXJanuary 20, 2015
For the most part, I enjoyed my years of work at CTMC. The other employees were awesome and had become like family.
Our yearly picnic where co-workers & family would all get together
RADIOLOGY TECHNOLOGIST / CT (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXSeptember 7, 2014
Having a great group of people to work with.
Most enjoyable has to be during lunch being able sit with my co-workers & talk about our family &
Friends.
Starting the day with a prayer.
Pros
having a great group of people to work with
Cons
healthcare, no lunches or very late lunches
A fun and productive workplace
Nurse Assistant, Medical Imaging Department (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXNovember 5, 2013
Great team work. Team members are fun to work with. Developed some skills and techniques on helping patients in and out of X-ray imaging rooms
The greatest ever
Environmental Services Lead Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXJune 6, 2013
my love of floors great place cool people there work never felt like work it was like being at home we where like family.
Good Med/Serge
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Former Employee) –  Center, TXMarch 26, 2013
Hospital, 12 hour shifts. nurse patient ratio, became to much
Pros
patient care
Cons
on feet for 12 hours became to much
Manager (Former Employee) –  San Marocs, TexasFebruary 26, 2013
This hospital is a joke when it comes to living it's mission. The culture will never change and the same people will be in charge until they do a clean sweep and get a new attitude. They need to hold everyone accountable. They will back stab you and throw you under that bus for their own benefit. They work you hard for little pay and pretend to be a faith based hospital. Be very aware for working for this company.
Pros
benefits, location
Cons
lack of leadership, bending of rules for those that have been there many years, no ability to advance, unsurmountable workload.
Worst place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  San MarcosJanuary 23, 2013
Pros:

Cons:
No training
Worst benefits
No team work
Weak management
No job advancement
Low census
No diversity
Competition coming soon
Unethical
Do not follow core values
Rude, hostile, work place environment
Administrative Assistant/Staffing Coordinator
Administrative Assistant/Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXOctober 2, 2012
responsible to the President/CFO and CEO of the hospital as well as all JHACO policies and procedures.
Pros
close to home
Cons
no growth potential
fast pace work environment
Dietary Clerk (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXApril 8, 2012
This position doesn't allow any utilization of my education. Everything has a set time limit to complete the daily tasks. Once you get the rhythm down you mostly go on auto-pilot.

I've learned that I'm looking for a career change from nutrition and do not want to work in food service. I also do not want to work in healthcare or in a hospital. I need something that is more fun, exciting, and will allow me to work harder to move up within a company.

There is too much super vision which is completely unnecessary. Most of the people there are on power trips. Gossip and rumors start a lot of unavoidable drama. There is too much favoritism and constant unfairness.

I'd say the hardest part of the job is just feeling like I'm not using my full potential for the 4 years I went to school to receive my education. The work that I do is so mundane, boring, frustrating, and it makes me miserable.

The most enjoyable part of the day is when I get to talk with the elderly volunteers or other people within the hospital for a few minutes and eat lunch.
Pros
four dollars a day to purchase foods, health benefits
Cons
short breaks, boring, non-intellectual, unprofessional co-workers, non ideal environment, problems never get solved, horrible pay grade