Central Texas Medical Center

Central Texas Medical Center Employer Reviews

OUR YEARLY PICNIC WHERE CO-WORKERS & FAMILY WOULD ALL GET TOGETHER
RADIOLOGY TECHNOLOGIST / CT (Current Employee), San Marcos, TXSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: having a great group of people to work with
Cons: healthcare, no lunches or very late lunches
HAVING A GREAT GROUP OF PEOPLE TO WORK WITH.
MOST ENJOYABLE HAS TO BE DURING LUNCH BEING ABLE SIT WITH MY CO-WORKERS & TALK ABOUT OUR FAMILY &
FRIENDS.
STARTING THE DAY WITH A PRAYER.
Fun and a good place to work
Head Office Technician (Former Employee), San Marcos, TXApril 22, 2014
good place to work
I like the people i worked with
good management team
A fun and productive workplace
Nurse Assistant, Medical Imaging Department (Former Employee), San Marcos, TXNovember 5, 2013
Great team work. Team members are fun to work with. Developed some skills and techniques on helping patients in and out of X-ray imaging rooms
The greatest ever
Environmental Services Lead Floor Technician (Former Employee), San Marcos, TXJune 6, 2013
my love of floors great place cool people there work never felt like work it was like being at home we where like family.
Good Med/Serge
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Former Employee), Center, TXMarch 26, 2013
Pros: patient care
Cons: on feet for 12 hours became to much
Hospital, 12 hour shifts. nurse patient ratio, became to much
Manager (Former Employee), San Marocs, TexasFebruary 26, 2013
Pros: benefits, location
Cons: lack of leadership, bending of rules for those that have been there many years, no ability to advance, unsurmountable workload.
This hospital is a joke when it comes to living it's mission. The culture will never change and the same people will be in charge until they do a clean sweep and get a new attitude. They need to hold everyone accountable. They will back stab you and throw you under that bus for their own benefit. They work you hard for little pay and pretend to be a – more... faith based hospital. Be very aware for working for this company. – less
Worst place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), San MarcosJanuary 23, 2013
Pros:

Cons:
No training
Worst benefits
No team work
Weak management
No job advancement
Low census
No diversity
Competition coming soon
Unethical
Do not follow core values
Rude, hostile, work place environment
Administrative Assistant/Staffing Coordinator
Administrative Assistant/Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee), San Marcos, TXOctober 2, 2012
Pros: close to home
Cons: no growth potential
responsible to the President/CFO and CEO of the hospital as well as all JHACO policies and procedures.
fast pace work environment
Dietary Clerk (Current Employee), San Marcos, TXApril 8, 2012
Pros: four dollars a day to purchase foods, health benefits
Cons: short breaks, boring, non-intellectual, unprofessional co-workers, non ideal environment, problems never get solved, horrible pay grade
This position doesn't allow any utilization of my education. Everything has a set time limit to complete the daily tasks. Once you get the rhythm down you mostly go on auto-pilot.

I've learned that I'm looking for a career change from nutrition and do not want to work in food service. I also do not want to work in healthcare or in a hospital. I need – more... something that is more fun, exciting, and will allow me to work harder to move up within a company.

There is too much super vision which is completely unnecessary. Most of the people there are on power trips. Gossip and rumors start a lot of unavoidable drama. There is too much favoritism and constant unfairness.

I'd say the hardest part of the job is just feeling like I'm not using my full potential for the 4 years I went to school to receive my education. The work that I do is so mundane, boring, frustrating, and it makes me miserable.

The most enjoyable part of the day is when I get to talk with the elderly volunteers or other people within the hospital for a few minutes and eat lunch. – less
Difficult to work in this ER, Lack of leadership noted. Would not recommend this hospital.
RN (Former Employee), ERJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: most coworkers a joy to work with.
Cons: poor er leadership, lack of growth potential, administrators not available to night shift employees
Poor nursing management in the ER, found management to be biased, difficult to work with.