Central Texas Veterans Health Care System

Central Texas Veterans Health Care System Employer Reviews

No advancement in certain services.
Medical Support Assistant GS (Former Employee), Temple, TXApril 28, 2014
I loved working at the VA, but there was too many cliques and micro-management. In the service I worked for, there was no advancement if you wasnt in the clique.
Great place to work along with great benefits
RN Case Manager (Current Employee), Temple, TXSeptember 8, 2013
Working with our veteran population has been a wonderful experience. I feel like I can now give back to the people that served out country. They were here when this country needed them and I am glad I can be there for them when they need us.
My experience is very productive and helpful to any company I would work for.
Department Secretary for Voluntary Service (Current Employee), Temple, TXJanuary 23, 2013
Pros: helping people and seeing the appreciation.
Cons: not getting a promotion in this area.
A typical day at work is answering phone calls, making appointments, depositng cash and formal letters, minutes, and greeting my customers of all cultures ans background. Giving orientation classes for volunteers. I have been a trainer for VA Employees, on customer service. My day is always fast paced and productive to my department. I plan for events, – more... by ordering needed items, and setup and send invites as well. I am the computer ADPAC for the Department that is (when an employee has computer problems. I report them to get fixed). I get totals on fund control points for the department. – less
Outstanding benefits with sporadic work enviroment.
Medical Technologist (Former Employee), Waco and Temple TexasMay 29, 2012
Generally busy workload ( I worked all sections) but manageable. Co-workers were a mixed bag - some solid friends, others questionable ( My mamma always said if you don't have anything good to say about someone, be quiet).
Management was solid in some sections of the lab and lacking in others.