Central Transport Employee Reviews

No leadeship, horrible equipment
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 20, 2017
Manager in Albany NY does nothing for his people, provides no leadership ir support, facility is filthy, no break room disgusting restrooms. Manager treats drivers and supervisor terrible, constantly screaming at people and threatening their job. Turnover is like nothing ive ever seen. Stay away from this place!!!!
Pros
Cons
Managment, equipment, health insurance
Mis-Communication
LTL Driver (Former Employee) –  Duncan, SCMay 16, 2017
Went to work as a driver to better understand the business. My plan was to go in as a driver to only better myself as a sales representative or manager. Had the education, experience, but wasn't willing to work for the price the other applicants accepted. The job paid $800.00 salary plus commission, and the managers job started at $50,000.00, but each person that accepted the jobs, went drastically lower or accepted the first offer. I was told to stick to the salary by upper management. Upper management doesn't communicate with lower management. Both times I was overlooked; my managers had no clue they had hired each one over me.
Pros
Easy
Cons
do not keep their word on advancement
Home daily, great pay!!
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 12, 2017
Overall good place to work. Home time is a definite plus. Pay is very good although long hours sometimes. Lots of new equipment in the last year with new trucks. Great co-workers.
Pros
Pay/Home Time
All lies
CDL Class A Driver (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 9, 2017
All lies because the don't have enough work hours as the promise on ad . You be lucky to get 45 hrs a week. Only that catching guys is the starting pay.
Not Productive
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 5, 2017
Too hot to work on the Doc , . No benefits. Always made you work 6 days out of the week. Wants you to dedicate your life to loading dock up. No lunch break or break in general.
Unprofessional always missing money on check
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAMay 5, 2017
Unprofessional always missing money on check manager doesn't even know what he is doing talks inappropriate doesn't help if you are having a problem with discrimination tells you that's your problem figure out your self
Pros
Okay pay
Cons
Unprofessional make work environment hostali
Terrible company
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 4, 2017
Terrible company and completely unorganized company, I would stay away. Never worked for such an awful company like this. Don't believe the adds they post.
Fast paced
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 29, 2017
I enjoy working here and they offer a lot of work. A lot of long days but who doesn't like making money. They pay pretty good and are pretty fair on attendance. They work with you when you have to take off for emergencies.
Productive busy inviroment
Class A CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 26, 2017
Loved working here met a few celebrities very friendly co workers great service and business we had state jobs that provided lunch we had enuff staff to get the jobs done i also liked yhe fact i could work warehouse and operate the forklifts
Pros
Have bar b q for the staff from time to time
Cons
No breaks in the day
Its a job
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 25, 2017
Great pay,Company just needs more people to care about the company and the functions of the drivers need to be better. Coming to work shouldn't be stressful
Low average
P & D driver (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAApril 24, 2017
Really bad and old trailers , coworkers are helpful and friendly...terminal ok except the space between trailers when Park at terminal trailer are close and it's hard to reach landing gear to drop or hook...
Pros
I can't find any..
Cons
Medical ins to expensive...
Operations Supervisor
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 21, 2017
Off on weekends a lot of hard work long hours. Good pay. Have to do dock work as well as work different shifts. lot of hard work pay off in the end. All employees work hard
Only work here if you desperately need a job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCApril 12, 2017
Where do I begin!? This place is not organized, your paycheck will always be short and when you do receive your check it won't tell you the hours you work nor how much an hour you get paid, the equipment is terrible, the parking lot looks like a atomic bomb dropped on their yard, you will drive a forklift just as much as you would the tractor. I would say work here if you need a little more tractor trailer experience or you want to get a start in the ltl side of trucking but honestly I wouldn't do it... It's just a big mess there. The drivers that work there were some OK guys to work with but other then that no!!!!! You've been warned!!!!!
Pros
The hourly pay
Cons
Overall just a bad company to work for
Trucking
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHApril 11, 2017
Great company to work for...Great people. Home daily that a plus.

Wage is good. Trucks in good condition...I had 3 amazing years with the company.

Team management is awesome. Workplace is great.I learned alot about ltl something I have never done before.
Pros
Home daily
Tremendous safety concerns
Road Driver/Dock Worker (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 8, 2017
I have worked here just over a month and the job has turned into a 7 day work week. I have concerns over the shoddy equipment. Trailers with holes in the floor big enough to put your foot thru, lights out on most trailers and the shop will just ask you to salvage a light from a different piece of equipment and oh by the way , we arent on the clock for that. I work 14 hours a day and make about $210- 240. That's roughly $15 per hour.
The other drivers are good guys but I feel they are trapped and because of the hours can't apply anywhere else.
Pros
Cons
No time for life outside of work, bad equipment
unsafe work environment
Dock Worker (Forklift Operator) (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN 46221March 27, 2017
unappreciative staff, poor sanitary environment, and I'm sure OSHA would disapprove. forklifts not up to standards, with horrible work safety and environment.
Ok for a person with little driving exp.
Local Company CDL A Driver (Former Employee) –  Hillside, ILMarch 26, 2017
My time at central transport was an ok experience I learned a lot as a fairly new driver but for someone that has more experience as a truck driver I wouldn't recommend Central Transport.
Pros
Hard Working
Cons
Harder Working
On the work front
Tractor-trailer operator (Current Employee) –  Bethpage New YorkMarch 23, 2017
From the date of my higher has made my experience exciting there's been some bumps in the road as far as where I was at six months ago but they took me under their wing and treat me as if I am family my fellow coworkers being drivers are also an outstanding group, To work with The general manager of the terminal is also outstanding stern but fair and always put's you before anyone else being the employee I am happy to be a part of the central transport team.
Central Transport could do better
Laborer/Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIMarch 20, 2017
My time at Central was easy because of the benefits like per diem and paid off holidays. The company sent us around the country to work on jobs related to concrete and asphalt.
Unaccountable, Management needs work
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Warren, MIMarch 18, 2017
Severe lack of communication, inconsistency in policies, employees are trained haphazardly. Reoccurring issues go ignored. Benefits are decent, paid holidays and vacations.Standard office hours, easy work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Central Transport. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7