Central Unified School District Employee Reviews

okay place to work but stressful
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 19, 2017
children are stressful and staff can be ignorant of a subs role.
Many of the staff are accommodating but overall the staff just want a sub to come and baby sit so they can get the money for programming.
fast paced not to stressful but perfection with the food was key
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 14, 2017
working in the kitchen is very fast paced...you need to be on top of the food and the cooking process at all times. we can not serve food that is not presentable. numbers and serving portions are something we also have to watch.
Pros
work early in the day and always off before 2pm
Cons
burn on arms because of the hot food and oil
Crossing Guard
Crossing Guard (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 11, 2017
Great staff and kids everyone is very friendly make friends very easily the High School staff really thanks me for my hard work when announcing the athletic events.
Pros
Great People
Kids were Great
Assistant Track Coach (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 10, 2017
Provide training, direction, encouragement, and motivation to prepare athletes for competitive events.
Assist with planning, organizing, and conducting practice sessions and track meets.
Explained and enforced safety rules and regulations to athletes and parents.
Provide recommendations on athletes for recruitment.
Contacted parents and provided information and answers for their questions and concerns.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Pay
Great district
commnunity liasion (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 1, 2017
Pay is not that good, waiting for advancement opportunity, staff is nice. hours are good, great work environment, sometimes its hard to handle students and parents
Great school staff, informative, creative and effective conflict resolutions, safe and vibrant location.
Student Intern/Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAApril 19, 2017
The school staff and students are vibrant easy to monitor and maintain and healthy relationship with. The staff are all informative of rules, procedures, regulations and any questions regarding specific questions. Management is organized and on task for day to day activities. The workplace is positive and friendly. The hardest part of the job is leaving. The most enjoyable part of the job is the day to day tasks and watching the children develop positive coping and conflict resolution strategies while doing well academically.
Pros
Great place to work making a change in the students lives.
Cons
Unable to protect or successfully help all the students.
My first teaching experience
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CANovember 4, 2016
Working for Central Unified was my first experience in the classroom. They were very helpful and offered excellent guidance. This gave me the foundation I needed to pursue my career in education.
Organized and family oriented
Special Ed Aide (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 9, 2016
Working with teachers was always action packed due to the children (special needs) we worked with. They were always focused on ways to benefit the children and families. Management was interested in their employees abilities to perform, and ways to help improve those skills.
Lots of good, professionals here!
Teacher/Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 20, 2016
Extremely professional HR folks. Lots of great educators in this district as well! I enjoyed my time there immensely, especially with the students.
Special Education Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 13, 2016
This school district is a great place to work. They care about their employees and they care about their students! The school board also has some very wonderful people on it!
Challenging work place with young disabled children
Special Ed Aide (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CANovember 7, 2015
I set up the classroom, help with routine, redirect children to activity, teach during circle time, use NCI training if student is acting out, assist in bathroom and check diapers when needed.
I'm still learning when a child is being defiant and when it's taking longer for them to process things. I also learned that some of the behaviors is because of anxiety and am trying to find ways to not make it worse but help them focus or relieve some of that so they can focus.
My coworkers are all experienced, so I am trying to learn by watching them and asking advice since I have no experience.
The hardest part of the job is trying to keep 3 children at different levels engaged in the task during circle time (counting objects) and dealing with a child that is violently acting out.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when they learn something new and are making the connection.
Pros
Pot luck once a month, free t-shirt, early day on Wed, benefits, free NCI & CPR training, work M-F
Cons
not enough money to support family
Life of Learning!
SAI Instructional aide (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAApril 29, 2015
We are all capable of success; even with extra special help. We are in this together and dedication with a caring heart can start changing the future to positive outcomes; one child at a time.
Pros
Advancements are possible
Cons
less hours
rewarding work
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAFebruary 3, 2015
Bus driving is a great career to get into with all the rewards and benefits included. Teaches you to become an excellent driver on the road all well. Must have a clean driving record to be considered and like kids.
Teacher
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAOctober 14, 2014
NIce district to work for. The soecial education departments are great!
Great work environment
Special Ed Aide (Current Employee) –  Fresno CAMay 12, 2014
Very supportive staff and great job security. Policy is always followed and appreciated.
Good temporary job
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAApril 18, 2014
Your typical day at work can vary. Your job is to substitute for an absent teacher. But the grades you teach vary. However, you can choose what grades you want to teach.

I learned leadership skills and how to deal with various situations.

I really didn't make real connections with any coworkers since I was at different schools all the time. But I did get great advice from them.

The hardest part about the job was classroom management.

The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing students succeed.
Pros
Flexible work scheadule and decent pay.
Cons
No benefits.
Special need aide helping children
Special Education Aide (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 30, 2014
The work is challenging and rewarding all at the same time. To help with the growth of children in everyday life.
Pros
the work is fun, new and exciting everyday
Cons
Most aide position are part-time
fun work place
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 28, 2013
a typical day is going into a classroom before school starts, reviewing the teacher's guideline for the day and then slowly implementing what needs to be taught through out the day.
Pros
good pay
Cons
children
Clinical Intern (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAApril 9, 2013
Great student teaching experience. I gained great experience working with children with articulation, fluency, language, and children autistic disorders.
Very friendly environment
Long Term Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CADecember 17, 2012
A shool day begins by greeting the students as they arrive. Some of them will eat breakfast in the cafeteria; other studetns would go play in the playground...

As the day progresses,teaching takes place, rnorning announcements are made, staff walk through the hallways to make sure students are where they need to be...

The best part of job is interacting with students and colleagues, and having an impact on them.
Pros
everyone cares about the education of students
Cons
not reaching all the students