Central Vermont Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

No employee advocate for floats-nobody cares
Admin assistant-float position (former) (Former Employee) –  many-float positionMarch 5, 2016
I worked for 2 years and four months as an admin. assistant float-traveled to over 12 different practices, 4 days per week. All the practices are run differently, according to the likes and dislikes of the individual office managers, doctors and nurses. There is little instruction given when first going to each different practice, and criticism from permanent staff at said practice you are at, is often the "tool of learning." HIIPA is not practiced by front staff at many practices, but no one cares when told about it. After many staff meetings and many of us floats "speaking out" nothing gets done-they just let it all go until the next meeting, and then if brought up again, you get branded as a trouble maker. Stay under the radar-nobody cares, and nobody in HR cares, either.
Pros
Pay is fair
Cons
Hard work, some long drives to outlying locations, no one listens
Wonderful place to work
RNBC Staff/Charge nurse inpatient psych: (Current Employee) –  Berlin, VTJuly 10, 2012
relaxed atmosphere, great coworkers,
continuing education
fair management
great , experienced cowokers
best part is seeing pts get better
Pros
pay and benefits support
Cons
?????
Supportive work environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Berlin, VTAugust 4, 2012
My day starts by reviewing patients charts and cardexes to get an overview of why the patient is in the hospital and what the plan of care is for each patient. The day nurse then gives a detailed report for each patient I will be receiveing for my nightly assignment. Medications are then reviewed, vital signs are assessed along with lab values for the day and a head to toe assessment is completed.
I have learned a great deal about time management during my time primarily on the medical surgical floor.
My coworkers are well humored and we are all supportive of one another. We offer assistance as the night gets busy.
The hardest part of my job right now is being awake all night. I have worked nights for 5 years and I am entering my 6th year. I would really like to work days due to family life.
The best part of my job is working with a great team of nurses and providing outstanding patient care. I feel there is always something new to learn, either about a patient, disease, procedure or new medication.
Nurses are great!
Medical Secretary II (Former Employee) –  Berlin, VTAugust 23, 2013
Fast paced environment, offers good group of nurses to work with, supportive staff, good benefits and pay is okay.
Pros
nurses are great
Cons
pay, overworked
Community hospital
Technologist (Current Employee) –  Berlin, VTMarch 5, 2012
Good Community Hospital, ok benefits, ok salary, people do a good job working together.
Cons
short breaks and lunches
Housekeeping was fun and productive
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Berlin, VTJanuary 27, 2015
I would clean rooms when patients were discharged from the hospital. My co-workers and I got along well, but I didn't really socialize with a lot of them. The toughest part of the job was having to deal with rooms that had to be bleached.
Fast paced and rewarding job.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waterbury,VTNovember 19, 2013
Greeting/registering patients for appointments, coordinating follow up care appointments, answering phones, scanning, mail/faxing, and meeting the day to day needs of the patient population. Fast Paced position requiring HIGH attention to detail/observation. The job is more than a paycheck for me, I genuinely enjoy helping our patients and doing everything I can on my end to ensure they receive high quality healthcare.

4.2