Central Washington Hospital Employee Reviews

Great place to volunteer
Volunteer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Wenatchee, WANovember 9, 2017
This was a volunteer position, helping patients families and friends navigate the hospital, delivering cards and flowers to patients, and helping administrative staff with some of their work.
Biggest Organization in Town
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Wenatchee, WAOctober 25, 2017
This is the biggest workplace in Town. We feel like a big family and treat one another like their own family, friendly and respectful. Once you work there, it's hard for you to leave as this is indeed a very friendly workplace.
Pros
Big Family-Like Organization
Cons
In Small Town
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Wenatchee, WAOctober 6, 2017
In my understanding, Health Care IT-Networking is very critical and risk involved than other IT Networking. All Network changes, upgrades, Network refreshes entails peoples life if they don't work properly.
Pros
Slow pace
Cons
very small team. Limited resources.
Competitive wages and benefits, good place to work for Clinicians, Physicians, and non-clinicians working in non-management or above positions
Revenue Cycle Specialist - Medical Supply Division (Former Employee) –  Wenatchee, WASeptember 22, 2017
Really enjoyed working at Central Washington Hospital as this was prior to affiliating with Wenatchee Valley Hospital and Clinics. This was a non-management position and both Managers I worked under were wonderful. Work hours were acceptable and work was very self rewarding. Enjoyed the people I worked with and truly enjoyed working with the Insurance Payers and clinical staff. Work was challenging and at times hours were long but I always had a feeling of accomplishment and appreciation.
Pros
Fair wages and good benefits, excellent work environment
Cons
Under staffed.
Cna
CNA (Former Employee) –  Wenatchee, WASeptember 1, 2017
Clock in, get report and take care of my patients. Learned alot of organization skills,computer skills, communication skills.
Management was not the best, they where not fair with everyone.
workplace was alright. The job was not very hard.
The most enjoyable part of my job was taking care of the patients.
Long hard shifts but time off was nice.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant/ Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Wenatchee, WAAugust 1, 2017
12 hr. Shifts were hard but was worth it for the time off. Usually 3 on 6 off. The benefits were nominal as the premiums and deductible were very high. Very good doctors and nurses overall. As well as ancillary staff.
Wonderful work environment! Loved it! Would do it again in a heartbeat.
Executive assistant to Social Services (Former Employee) –  Wenatchee, WAOctober 25, 2016
Fast paced work, multi tasking on a regular basis. Working with the patients was the best part of the job and meeting their needs. I learned so much from CWH including but not limited to...Ethics, confidentiality, respect of others, communication skills. And so much more.
Pros
Great benifits package
Cons
Just meeting the patient and sending them out the door.
Company is not ethical in hiring practices, management is dishonest.
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Wenatchee, WAAugust 15, 2016
I worked in maintenance, the new maintenance director is very cold and calculating and new to his job.
Management only cares about production and quality. There is no room to even make a suggestion to management regarding a change.
The job was full time, which was the best part of the job.
Your co workers will sell you out to keep their job.
Pay is fair, but low compared to the rest of Washington.
Do not move here for this company, as they have no regard for hard working, intelligent employees.
Pros
Okay benefits, decent pay and living in Wenatchee!
Cons
Management, lack of teamwork and no job security.
Good environment to increase my skills.
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Wenatchee, WAMarch 1, 2016
Working at Central Washington Hospital has been an invaluable leaning experience. Servicing such a large area has allowed me to interact with a wide variety of patients and disease processes. All of this has allowed me to refine my skill as a Respiratory Therapist to provide better patient care.
Good place
REGISTERED RESPIRATORY THERAPIST (Current Employee) –  Wenatchee, WAFebruary 12, 2016
Great bunch of people to work with. Beautiful area, and tons of outdoor activities. Really nice to work with ventilator protocols for initial set up and weaning.
Friendly staff andpatiens that appreciate your volunteer services
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Wenatchee, WAFebruary 15, 2015
Co-Workers are great. I enjoy meeting people from all walks of life who are at a time of need in their lives. Working as an escort, a variety of jobs are completed.
Kitchen review
Former Worker (Former Employee) –  Wenatchee, WAMay 22, 2014
The hours for part time workers are terrible. You don't make enough money for all the stuff you put up with.
Management has changed in the past few years and has gotten very bad. The management is sexist and prefers male workers over females. Actually harasses and tries to intimidate female workers.
The workers there are not friendly to each other. There is a lot of gossiping and talking behind each other's backs. There are bullying problems that the management ignores.
The job itself is not a bad one. The duties are fairly normal and the customers are alright.
Pros
Free soft drinks
Cons
Coworkers, Management
16 wonderful years
Staff Nurse through Clinical Manager (Former Employee) –  Wenatchee, WAApril 10, 2014
Daily operations and clinical management in the Operating room 11 rooms.
Grew from a staff nurse when hired through CV coordinator (new service) to OR educator to Manager.
Learned organization, problem solving, patience.
My Director was awesome and with me for the entire 16 years I worked there.
Co Workers worked well as a team
Hardest part of job...dealing with difficult staff.
Fun and talented team of people, made each day a great day to be there.
Pros
Close working relationship with providers and staff.
Cons
Too far away from our children and grandchildren.
Good experience
RN (Former Employee) –  Wenatchee, WAJanuary 28, 2014
This was only the second hospital I had worked for. Moved here to be closer to help care for father. Worked well with co-workers and had learning opportunities.
Very nice hospital
Cardiac Sonographer (Former Employee) –  Wenatchee, WAOctober 10, 2013
I worked here for my first year as a sonographer. It is a small hospital despite construction of the five story tower a few years ago. Great place to work. Typical feast or famine hospital work environment. Nice equipment to use. All digital facility.
Pros
slow days
Cons
short breaks on busy days, on call hours
CT/Radiology Technologist (Current Employee) –  Wenatchee, WAApril 11, 2013
I enjoy working with everyone I work with and we all function like a pretty good family.
Pros
benefits are pretty good and coworkers are great
Cons
there is nothing bad to say about the place
A great place to work
Diagnostic Staff tech (Former Employee) –  Wenatchee, WAFebruary 7, 2013
I worked there for about 5 years. They had good management. and I learned many areas of the hospital functions.
Pros
good staff and great people to work with
Cons
cold and wet area in winter time.
OK place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wenatchee, WAOctober 18, 2012
Fast paced and satisfying. ADL's, vital signs, and any other tasks as directed by charge RN.
Pros
healthcare field
An awesome place to work
RN and Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wenatchee, WAJuly 5, 2012
Probably the best place I've worked. Knowledgeable staff that works as team. Management is fair and accomodating and the environment is great
Used to be a good place to work. Not now.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wenatchee, WAJune 17, 2012
Hospital is in debt. Management is getting rid of staff who do not see eye-to-eye with management. Not allowed to question changes. Getting rid of experienced personnel and replacing them with new graduates(this is nursing staff) to care for very sick patients. This process has has everyone upset including the hospitalists. Director of Care Managment is constantly making changes, wants the department to work as a team, but does not allow any input from any of her staff in re: to the changes. Throughout the hospital, morale is low, productivity and efficiency is down. There have been a large number of lay-offs over the past 6-months. If you are not a "yes person" then you either change or you go out the door.
Pros
free lucnes are extremely rare
Cons
staff members rarely get their breaks. they really have to work at arranging their breaks.