Central Wholesalers is a leading distributor of apartment and building maintenance supplies throughout the Mid-Atlantic region. Since its inception in 1981, the company has become a major supplier from Massachusetts to South Carolina. The clientele of Central Wholesalers is vast, however the company primarily services the Multi-Family Housing industry. In addition to distribution, Central Wholesalers manufactures a variety of quality products, including blinds, screens, and countertops. Central Wholesalers seeks employees who are dedicated and hard working. For those who perform well and live up to these expectations, there is an opportunity for growth and great success. The company is expanding rapidly and there are a variety of exciting opportunities available!
Central Wholesalers is seeking a Warehouse Support / Delivery Driver for our Ashland, VA, branch. This is a full time, hourly position with a schedule of Monday - Friday, 7am-3:30pm (plus occasional overtime). Benefits include Medical, Dental, 401k, and Vacation and Sick Leave, as well as a monthly bonus program.
Acting as a back-up delivery driver when needed, including:
- Review truck and load prior to dispatch to ensure that it is safe and secure/
- Deliver all stops manifested with tickets and contact management if any exceptions arise
- Pick-up of customer merchandise on credit tickets or at vendor locations
Support the Warehouse staff, including:
- Unload incoming trucks, check merchandise, unpack, and assist with stocking
- Maintain clean environment inside and outside of the building - skids, aisles, cardboard, plastic, garbage, etc.
- Inspect all equipment for safety, report any problems to management
- Help other departments (stocking, receiving, transportation) when needed
- Ability to lift 85+ lbs on a regular basis
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record (no less than 3 points)
- Previous experience driving 18-24 ft. trucks preferred but not required
If interested, email the following items through Indeed or fax to 240-965-0501: 1) Resume, 2) Driving Record, and 3) Salary Requirements.
**Please indicate in the subject line/cover letter that you are interested in the Warehouse Support/Delivery Driver position.**
We are a drug free company!