Centralized Showing Service Employee Reviews in United States

Probably the worst place that I worked.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 19, 2016
The company is based on favoritism and allows little advancement for employees. You are also required to sit in your desk for long periods of time with few breaks. If you take a long bathroom break for an obvious reason, even if it is not something that you have done on a regular basis, and work for 8 hours, it is possible that you will be penalized and not be given one of your 15-minute breaks. Also, because of North Carolina State Law, the company can do almost whatever it would like. I've had lunches taken away when we were busy. I have been penalized for not coming in during inclement weather conditions (to the extent that I could not even get out of my driveway). This company does not care about the individual employee. CSS is only concerned with its revenue.. I was miserable in this position, I'm glad that I no longer work there. Basically, it is a sweat shop. In addition, I heard from a reliable source that they had gotten bedbugs - BEDBUGS, BEDBUGS, BEDBUGS - after I left. Imagine the cost to exterminate your home. If you want a dead-end job in a corporate setting without retirement benefits or sick days, then go for it, and apply!!!
Pros
Old management
Cons
New management that is inflexible
effiecient, accurate, and prompt customer service
Customer Service Representative/Agent (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 1, 2015
A typical day would consist of taking call from realtors and other customer to assist them with the home buying and selling process. I learned tons about the realty business and all the inner workings. Management was always friendly, productive, and reliable. The hardest thing about the job was ensuring to maintain accuracy and a fast paced in such a constantly changing industry. The most enjoyably thing about the job was being able to learn all about realty and be able to help home buyers and sellers fulfill their various needs.
Pros
available overtime, great benefits
Cons
low pay, little availability for promotion or advancement
Csr
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Euless, TXApril 19, 2016
Call center was dirty, equipment did not work most times, shared desk and head sets which meant alot of sick employees, employees were allowed to cuss at management and each other as well as fight in the parking lot. CSS has rules but if you broke one nothing happened so everyone used there cell phone to text sometimes while they were on a call with a customer. It almost seemed like the people who did the less work were cut more breaks and the person who worked was micro managed. There is a slight dress code but management nor HR followed it so needless to say neither did the rest of us. Alot of he goes with her type of thing going on including with management. Customers are allowed to say anything even if its racism and the company does nothing to help the csr.
Pros
No drug test
Cons
Everything else, low low pay
avoid if you can
CSR (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 9, 2016
This job is basically a sweatshop environment to avoid if possible. Favoritism is rampart and if they don't like you they will make your life miserable with picky write ups and even catty remarks. Employees are basically treated as garbage. If you do take the job be prepared to take up to 300 calls per day AND breaks can be suspended if really busy. If you take a bathroom break , you will be questioned. Really an all around miserable place to work.
Pros
lunch, breaks, nice breakroom with variety
Cons
micromanagement, catty managers, nepotism
Not satisfied
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 19, 2016
Let me give you an insight at the san antonio centralized showing services. The trainer needs to be replaced because she lacks knowledge of what is CSS, she could not answer truthfully some questions we would ask during training period. Time and half does not exist with this company, what ever over time you do you will get paid what you make hourly. Corporate greed.The whole class that got hired started part-time even though you have the opportunity to transition full time, they still try to cut your hours when the call volume is low! Why? so you can be in months maybe over a year to gain the companys health benefits, which is not right. I was on a waited list with about 10 people infront of me in hopes of reaching those benefits. The front desk lady who handles the schedules seems to always be in a negative mood, the kind of personality that does not make you want to work there because of the bad vibes. This call center is more ghetto than the movie straight out of compton, the maintenance guy looks like he just woke up, put on his sandals with a regular shirt and casual shorts thinking he is ready to clean. I would not recommend any of my friends to work at this call center, i would rather tell them to apply at McDonald's at least you go home with a happy meal.
Pros
Lunch, brakes, potlucks and seldom overtime opportunities
Cons
No health insurance, they cut your hours, and mainly give part time hours
Fast paced.
Customer Service Rep-Set appointments for realtors (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMay 24, 2016
the job was easy and enjoyable.the management helped with alot of questions from the employees. the co-workers where friendly and goal oriented.
Very easy job to do
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Euless, TXFebruary 29, 2016
You clock in, answer and make phone calls. Most of it is already scripted, or you already know how to deal with each situation. Gets boring. Sit on your butt all day.
Pros
It's a very easy job to do
Cons
it gets so boring. can't do anything if it's a slow day
Crazy & unorganized
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Leawood, KSFebruary 21, 2013
The call center was always crazy. The would want everyone to stay available to take calls, then say if you are sitting for longer than 20 seconds make a call. Or they'll say if you are not on the call back team you need to stay available. The managers knew customers by name that were rude to us but never stood up for their employees. I loved my co- workers they were fun to work with, that was the enjoyable thing about the job. the hardest thing was dealing with rude customers & management not standing up for us but yet still wanted the job done. They always changed the rules for certain people as long as in was for the good of the company. I heard they raised the pay to get more "productive" people.
Pros
fun co-workers
Cons
rude customers, lowsey pay, strict, & careless management
Ok for a entry level
Data Processing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSApril 5, 2016
They are a call center so if you are OK with answering phone calls all day then this is the job for you. Don't have anything bad to say, it just wasn't a challenging job for me.
Okay low-paying job
csr (Former Employee) –  san antonioDecember 19, 2012
Can't believe all the good reviews!! Things I did not realize when I started. You do not get your 1st break Sat. (they have no idea how to make a schedule or hire enough people). When they say they close at 8 (or whatever) they expect you to stay until 10. I actually had to leave the first time I "closed" because my ride was there and I believed the schedule. If you are sick and need to leave they consider that quitting. The main thing was the fact that they started paying new hires a dollar more an hour than the other less new hires. That also upset a lot of people that had worked there for years to get a $1 raise. Just a really messed up thing to do to your employees as far as I'm concerned.
Pros
easy job
Cons
started paying new-hires $1 more an hour
Good company
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 28, 2013
I am a Customer Service Rep in Charlotte, NC. I have been with the company for a while and I have seen a lot of changes. The benefits are really good and the company has great values. I really like my job and the people that I work with. We have a new Manager and she is making a lot of good changes. I really like the fact that she is nice, fair, very professional and most of all, she is no nonsense. She stops by each desk and says hello to each of us every day. That means a lot to me and my co-workers. The hours that we have to work are not bad compared to other call centers in Charlotte. Overall, we have a good Supervisor staff.
Pros
realistic working hours, management and co-workers
basic desk job
Representative (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 19, 2016
Can be a hassle dealing with people who are always on the go. Good system to record info, but can be a pain as well. Pretty boring but if you stick through it, makes for a short day.
Enjoyable atmosphere to work in with advancement opportunities.
Zone Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 28, 2013
Centralized Showing Service provides great benefits and a fun environment to work in. The compensation could be a little higher. The benefits and paid vacation do go a long way towards making up for this. I have been with the company for almost three years, and I do love my team.

The great thing about CSS is that there are no sales. We are strictly there to service our clients, and as a result, we deal with very few upset/angry callers. Also, there are no required AHT goals for the CSRs.

CSS is a low stress environment to work in with a great feeling of team spirit.
Call Center with a breakroom that has cable
Customer Service Rep/Call Center (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 5, 2014
I come to work, go to my desk and get it set up for the day. I am able to take a bathroom break when I need to. I enjoy the people that I work with and the break room has a tv that has cable so when we take breaks we can watch tv. Its more laid back but has rules. I keep to myself because there can be some drama but the managers tend to take care of it. Its a job that allows you work in between jobs. You can also come back to work here as long as you give a 2 week notice.
Pros
pot lucks
Cons
no benefits in corp 2
awesome job for college student
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Euless, TXNovember 21, 2015
I really liked the supervisors that was over me that was very understanding to anything that anyone may have been going through. They was always there to help me when I needed them to be.
Pros
they are accommodating, and provided you with vouchers to whataburger
Cons
you have to ask to use the restroom
Fun and enjoyable
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Euless, TXDecember 22, 2015
Call center. Answered phone calls to realtors to set up home appointment viewings to Listing agents and customers. Call center that sets up appointments between realtors so they dont have too
Productive environment
Lead Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Shawnee KNovember 16, 2015
This was a productive working environment and it helped me to advance to other opportunities within this field when I was recruited to their competitor.
Productive, Professional work environment
Customer Service, Processor, Trainer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte,NCOctober 25, 2014
Centralized Showing Service is a great company to work for, it's a high volume call center.
Pros
overtime, flexible work shifts
Cons
healthcare benefits, 401 k, tuition reimbursement
Enjoyable if you have the right position
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 27, 2012
I enjoyed working with CSS for the most part. The only serious problem I had was with male managers attempts to use there authority to take advantage of female employees, basically harassment issues.
Pros
the opportunities for bonuses on checks
Cons
the salary difference between part and full-time
do NOT go to CSS unless you have no other option!
Zone Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Euless TxJune 3, 2015
The company itself isn't that bad, it's the people that take the job unbearable. The management team is sloppy, catty, & unorganized. The schedule is only generated one week in advance, and hours are not set. Also, overtime is not allowed. There is lots of favoritism there and if the "right" people do not like you, your schedule will be horrible, your time off requests will not be approved, and they will nit-pick at your performance and punctuality (even if both are good overall), to find a reason to fire you, or worse, they will be so rude to you that you walk out. Upper management is a little better, but not by much. If you need time off past the two week LOA period, regardless of the status of your health or doctors orders, they will make you work, or make you resign. I've never worked for a company that treats it's employees, supervisor or entry level, so poorly. Unless the other option is being homeless, run in the OPPOSITE direction of this company. You'll be glad you did.
Pros
cheap vending machines
Cons
everything, especially the company's disregard for your life.

2.6