Centralized Showing Service

Centralized Showing Service Employer Reviews

Consider it a legal sweat shop
TELEPHONE (Former Employee), DFWOctober 14, 2014
Cons: working there is a con in and of itself
You do not want to work here. They are horrible , they do not care about your personal life , if you have sick children or a dying family member . All they care about is their business and you in that seat taking the calls . They do not care if you are sick and throwing up . Lowest paid call center in the DFW area . High turn over low pay and insurance – more... sucks. Micro manage is an understatement . They will write you up if you breath wrong , no room for mistakes . Training is a joke , schedules have a lot to be desired . As for professionalism , it is a joke as well . You work weekends and holidays , no holiday pay. Enter at your own risk . The most enjoyable part of the job is at the end of the shift. – less
Very productive, competitive
Listing Coordinator (Former Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 10, 2014
Pros: potlucks
Cons: short breaks
This job is very diverse. I love how there are so many personalities in the workplace. The managers are very hands-on in training and once you're on the floor there are great incentives to motivate you to be the best!
Productive and Fun
Trainer/Human Resource Assistance (Current Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: pot luck
Cons: slow season
The management team is awesome and the my co-worker are superb. A typical day at work is training employee and learning experience everyday.
Call center well below my education level
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 19, 2014
Call center well below a college grads education level. They hire anyone and pay is insulting. Less than 10/hr for a college grad is despicable.
horrible
csr (Former Employee), euless, txJuly 14, 2014
Pros: you get hired easy
Cons: everything else
Like two days training before they just threw us on the phones not knowing anything. I didn't get paid on time no one knew where my money was.
MICRO-MANAGEMENT WITH LOW PAY
CSR (Former Employee), Euless, TXJune 11, 2014
Pros: its a job
Cons: schedule breaks/luches, have to ask to go to rr
This job was cool when really sucks.

1) You are MICRO-MANGED.
-----When you are working in a call center you should already expect to have you computer and phone watched. However, they take it to the next level and walk by and examine your cubical. (It is like you are in high school taking a test and the teacher is trying to make sure your not cheating.)

2) – more... LOW PAY
-As much as they micro mange they should start at $11.50. however they start @ $9.00hr.

3)You Have SCHEDULED BREAKS
----That the management creates each day if you work:
8hrs= two 15min breaks
8 1/2hrs= two 15mins & a 30min break

4) && HAVE to ASK 4 RR BREAK
-You have to call management to ask togo to the RR. Then they will put you on a RR list that can sometimes take more than 40mins for your turn to come up.
-(And when I asked why they state they want to know where you are at all time just in case something happens to you. Which is BS because when you leave your desk you can put you computer in BREAK MODE (which lets the management know that you are in the RR).)

5)And overall this is a very unprofessional work place. I am ashamed to tell people I worked there. – less
Call Center with a breakroom that has cable
Customer Service Rep/Call Center (Current Employee), Overland Park, KSJune 5, 2014
Pros: pot lucks
Cons: no benefits in corp 2
I come to work, go to my desk and get it set up for the day. I am able to take a bathroom break when I need to. I enjoy the people that I work with and the break room has a tv that has cable so when we take breaks we can watch tv. Its more laid back but has rules. I keep to myself because there can be some drama but the managers tend to take care of – more... it. Its a job that allows you work in between jobs. You can also come back to work here as long as you give a 2 week notice. – less
only work here if you have no other choice.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCApril 10, 2014
Cons: shorts breaks, low pay, bad mangement, advancement
I only recommend this job if your want to work part-time for some extra cash. I did not suggest that anyone quit their day job for this one.
Horrible place to work
customer service (Former Employee), charlotte, ncMarch 7, 2014
Pros: no pros
Cons: very low pay, no commit to employees
This company pay very, very low. Management is awful, the training is horrible. A waste of time working at this place. High turnover in employees.
Great company
Appointment Setter (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 6, 2014
Great enviromnet Loved to speak with different customers about lowering their debts.
Poor Pay - Poor Management
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), USAFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: you aren't working outside in different weather conditions, you get to sit down all day
Cons: pay, management, working weekends, corporate
PAY: This sort of job is for two different kinds of people. Ok, maybe 3 different kinds of people. If you are desperate for a paycheck, if you are retired and don't need the money but just really want something to do something, or if you are 18 or 19 years old and live with your parents and don't have to worry about rent or food. But, if you are like – more... the majority of the workforce and need a livable wage, then this definitely is NOT the job for you! The pay is $9 an hour. Yes, that is right. Only $9 an hour.

To put it all in perspective, I worked here 38-40 hours a week. My rent was $420 a month, utilities included. My car was paid for. I did not party or go out except to the occasional movie. I could not make ends meet working here. I even brought in sandwiches to eat, never ordered delivery and rarely ate out with friends because I felt I could not afford to.

CLIENTS: The work itself is not that stressful because you don't have to sell anything. No, it's not fun dealing with rude real estate agents and believe you me, they can be extremely verbally abusive. Some are so bad, you have to wonder if they have mental issues. There are some that are super friendly. Most are just apathetic and that is fine because it is much better than the ones that have meltdowns. The trick is to forgot about them once the call has ended. However, you do want to make a note to never use that particular agent for any future real estate needs and if you have friends/family seeking a Realtor, you make sure to spread the word about who is unprofessional. The flip side is, remember those super-friendly Realtors I mentioned? Well, those names you do recommend. Now, you may be asking yourself why would a Realtor get mad at you, the CSR, who is just setting appointments (because really, that is what you are, an appointment setter). They get mad if a homeowner declines the appt. They blame YOU. They get mad at you when they decide they are going to look at the house anyway and they set off the alarm and they now want the code and you can't give it to them BECAUSE THEY ENTERED ILLEGALLY! They get mad at you when they can't verify any account information to prove they are who they say they are, and you have to decline to schedule an appt. for them.

Management: The ZL's (Zone Leader) job is to make sure YOU, the CSR, is being productive. What do I mean by productive? Being productive means that you are ON THE PHONE at all times, not taking excessive bathroom breaks, not using the break 6 mode on the phone to stop incoming calls, not chatting with co-workers, etc. The handbook tells you if someone is cussing at you, to transfer to a ZL. Good luck. It is very hard to get one on the phone and they rarely will take the call. Even when someone has demanded to speak to a supervisor, they will still sometimes refuse to take the call. They hand out what is known as a "blooper". Fifteen of these in a 90 day period and you are fired. What one ZL will give you a blooper for, another one will just verbally tell you not to do that. There is no uniformity whatsoever and you can and will get a blooper for something you never were taught in training. They will acknowledge you couldn't have known not to make that mistake, but guess what: yeah, you are still getting a blooper. There are different rules too, apparently for different call-centers, as I heard from several ZLs that not all centers hand out bloopers. Near the end of the day, if you are working the closing shift and call volume is low, you are told to work on "callbacks", between incoming calls and to NOT take yourself off incoming, thereby allowing any incoming to immediately come through. Callbacks involve calling homeowners to confirm an appt and then calling the Realtor to give the approval or denial. But, here is the thing about that. You never know when that incoming call is going to come through. So, there you are on your outbound line with a homeowner and an incoming call is coming through on your inbound line. If you don't grab that incoming call ASAP, you are in big trouble. But you already have someone on the line! Are you suppose to just hang up on the homeowner? I asked and was told "I dunno, hopefully it'll work somehow". PATHETIC!

CORPORATE: They are not exactly liked by their employees. They are constantly changing rules and procedures and even the ZLs were angry about what they called irrational and downright stupid policies. I had total disdain for Corporate. Sometimes they visited the call center and they were an unfriendly group of people. At least the call-center manager would walk around and speak in a friendly manner to people. These knuckleheads from Corporate walked around like they were Gods. We had an All Employees meeting and the female OPS director that no one seemed to like, showed that ancient video that everyone has already seen, called "Fish". It is about that famous fish market in Seattle where all the employees "have fun" at work and have great attitudes, etc. The point of the video was that we should be "having fun" at work. OK, there are two problems with that: 1. We have to follow a script, we are like robots, so how can be individuals and "have fun" on the phones? We would get fired! 2. It is pretty hard to be positive and have fun when you make barely above minimum wage and you know that the people in the big house on the hill (Corporate) do NOT care anything about you! Hey Corporate, have you ever heard the saying, "If you take care of your employees, they will take care of your customers"???

In summary: Ok job if you are desperate or if money is not a factor for you. The desperate people should continue to job hunt. Oh and one more thing: WEEKENDS ARE REQUIRED!!! This is NOT a Monday-Friday job! – less
Centralized Showing Service
Customer service representative (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCDecember 19, 2013
A very simple and fun secure job. I enjoyed working here a lot.
Terrible
CSR and Zone Supervisor (Former Employee), Leawood, KSDecember 19, 2013
If you are in management you need to run the call center effectively making sure that unavailability was low and productivity is high. You must make a daily break schedule for the employees and post it on their CPETS.
I learned how to do payroll for over 100 employees.
Good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCDecember 10, 2013
I enjoyed the work all together. Management was not very good but still did what i had to do.
Enjoyable atmosphere to work in with advancement opportunities.
Zone Supervisor (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 28, 2013
Centralized Showing Service provides great benefits and a fun environment to work in. The compensation could be a little higher. The benefits and paid vacation do go a long way towards making up for this. I have been with the company for almost three years, and I do love my team.

The great thing about CSS is that there are no sales. We are strictly – more... there to service our clients, and as a result, we deal with very few upset/angry callers. Also, there are no required AHT goals for the CSRs.

CSS is a low stress environment to work in with a great feeling of team spirit. – less
The JOB is great... management could be better.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Euless, TXJune 16, 2013
Pros: bonuses, nice people
Cons: terrible management
I currently work here and honestly when I first got there I was very happy. I never thought I would leave. The agents were very nice for the most part, not that many angry customers. Once I experienced the worst few months of my life, they were not understanding AT ALL!!!! When I needed to take my sister to the hospital they told me I couldn't leave – more... or I would be fired. They are terrible with the schedules and they micromanage! I think I will be looking for a new job pretty soon – less

June 18, 2013

What is great about making $9.00 an hour?? Embarasing and insulting pay and no benefits unless you are FT and even then, you have to be FT for 6 months to get any benefits and they are the most pitiful of any company ever. This place is AWFUL., corporate is the worst and even management HATES this place. But keep working there and enjoying your $9/hr. See how you feel when you actually have adult bills to pay. The turnover rate at this place is astronomical!!! There's a reason for that but the insane asylum running the place doesn't care!

productive & fun work place
Scheduler (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 29, 2013
Cons: only 1 15 min break and they sent us home if the call volume was low
answered phones and made appointments for realtors! Management was really good every Friday they had some type of party and food for us! The hardest part was the rude clients
Not a good job
CSR (Former Employee), USAApril 9, 2013
Pros: great job if you are 19 years old and living with your parents
Cons: everything -pay, benefits, working environment, management, corporate is the worst
Turnover is predictably high, as the pay is extremely poor (it was recently raised to $9/hour) and benefits are a joke! The company does *not* care about its employees, a fact which the few people who stick it out long-term, will be quick to tell you. Most of the people who work here are going to school so they can get a "real job" or, they work a second – more... job to make ends meet. How bad is the pay? Well, there is NO way you can work at this company and pay a monthly car payment, rent and buy groceries. I recently had to go to a church-run organization to get a food donation. I am well in my 30's and have never in my life had to do something like that. I am making less now than I did 15 years ago. Its very sad and very ridiculous because this company excepts a top-quality, professional and accurate employee for pennies. The clients (real estate agents) can be extremely rude and abusive, and CSS will never take your side, defend you against abuse or anything! A lot of the agents are very friendly and for that, I am grateful. But the ones that act like rabid dogs, I feel they should be put in their place. They never are. I do sympathize with agents who complain about the high turnover, because it leads to slow, incompetent service. CSS just doesn't "get it", that if they would pay their employees a FAIR wage, they wouldn't have such high-turnover and could attract a much better quality employee, which would lead to SATISFIED clients! CSS is the first place I've ever worked at where common break room and after work chat is about finding another job! Additionally, I have never been micromanaged as much in my life as I have at this job. It surreal! – less
Real Estate Call Center
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), 5000 Collage BLVDApril 5, 2013
Pros: guaranteed pay check
Cons: angry agents, pay rate, benefits, work equipment, and so on
I have worked for this company for a little while now. If you are in desperate need of a job, then you will do anything you can do to keep this job, as yes, it is a guaranteed pay check. Some people do complain about management, and really to tell you the truth, it's all corporate. You come in, you login, and you start taking back to back calls. We – more... deal with 10+ real estate markets, so they do come in rather quickly. What I still cannot get my head wrapped around, is the way they manage your breaks. If you work Anything up til 7 hours, you get ONE 15 minute break. If you work 8 hours straight, you get TWO 15 minute breaks. And if you work 8 1/2 hours, you get TWO 15 minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch. Nothing is set in stone when you are given your break times They will change them many times a day to accommodate the call volume. They cut breaks, and lunches too. Don't even get me started on them enforcing you to work on the days of the SNOW BLIZZARDS! Yes, you will have to work, or you will get "occurrences." Talking about occurrences, I'll give you a run over of those too. In a rolling 6 months you have 30 before you will be fired. But they give you the opportunity to start off with a negative 15 balance. You have to work on your days off, come in at least an hour early, or stay an hour late to get anything negative. This is perfect for part time employees. On the other hand, as a full time employee, you wont have much wiggle room. I am scheduled 40 hours a week, and it is rare for the company to allow for overtime, and when they do, they only allow 2 hours a week. Benefits are poor. Pay is horrible. When I was hired, they had the pay rate at $7.75 for part time, and $8.50 for full time, then at 3 months of employment, if they felt like you deserved it, they would give you a $1 raise. Not many people got that, and I wasn't one who did. Now they raised start pay to $9. But didn't compensate their already loyal employees any. So for someone almost working there a year now, I am making the same pay as a new hire. Enough about the company..now for the job itself. If you cannot control yourself, or your anger, please do yourself a favor, and move on. A portion of the agents that we speak to are very rude to us. They talk down to us. If you cannot handle a rude agent without being asked to transfer them to a supervisor, then this isn't the job for you. This is one of the simplest jobs I know of, yet the new hires always seem to go in a mess things up. That is because the training you are provided with doesn't really train you to do what you need to do. You will have many issues while you start out on the floor the first few weeks. The turn over rate is horrible, and our callers can tell. I heard "You people go through employees like normal people go through underwear," just the other day. The process of your normal call is very repetitive. An agent calls in, they give you their name and office (HOPEFULLY), you must repeat their name back to them. They give you the address that they would like to show, you must repeat this back to them. They then give you the appointment time, and you guessed it, you must repeat this back to them as well. Then you have to either give them showing instructions, or obtain a call back number if we have to obtain seller approval for showings, then you must verify that the agent you have on the phone is the correct person by verifying their secret code, or email address on file. You then thank the caller, and move on to the next call. Every call is different. Some agents will want to set up 1 appointment, others want to set up 10 appointments. Other calls you get agents who just want to call and tell you that the company has messed something up, normally because they agent doesn't provide us with accurate information, they just expect us to know it. Then you will give the easiest calls, where sellers call in to approve/decline their appointments. Very simple, but there are many things that people seem to trip over. There is an inbound team, and an outbound team. When you are on the outbound team, you are simply calling the sellers for approval of showings, or advising them of showings. Or you are calling the agents back with appointment approvals or declines. You can also run into issues there as well. Agent will get mad at you for the seller declining their appointment. Instead of just moving forward, they will scream and yell, and say things like "They must not want to sell their home." You will learn quickly that you've got to bite your tongue rather than saying "Or maybe they just have a life, and cannot always accommodate having strangers in their home." Thank goodness for mute buttons. Then to top off your evening, if you are scheduled to close, you more than likely will not get out of there at 8PM. We are not allowed to leave until every appointment that has been scheduled has been called on. Which can take 30 minutes, or up to two hours. The last thing I have to say is that the computers that you work on for eight hours a day are HORRIBLE! They are slower than molasses. They screw up all the time. The application that we use to schedule the agents appointments is ridiculous. And the VOIP phone system that we use is horrible. It crashes all the time, it makes the phone calls staticy, and it breaks up a whole lot.

Some of us just suck it up, do our jobs, and get paid. If you simply cannot do this, please do not waste your time, the companies time, or your co-workers time. – less
Unflexible Environment
Appointment Scheduler (Former Employee), san antonio, txApril 4, 2013
No room for growth or advancement. The management was unprofessional and unsupportive.

1 2 3