CentraState Healthcare System Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Hospital Security Wasn't for Me
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Freehold, NJSeptember 8, 2017
I did not enjoy working here too much.....

The job was rather boring, but people all have different interest and careers in mind.

Thought the job would be a good stepping stone into the Police force but decided criminal justice wasnt for me anymore....
Pros
people were cool
Cons
it was overall ok
its an ok place to work
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Freehold, NJAugust 3, 2017
the job is very simple and not a bad place to work. this department is an ok department to start in and move your way up in the hospital.i have learned that this workplace is not what it appears to be and its also just a business.
Pros
you get to assist in patient care
Cons
low pay
management causes issues
Patient Observer, Psychiatric Unit (Former Employee) –  Freehold, NJJuly 27, 2017
this is not a terrible place to work for, however depending on management it can be the reason you walk out the door. Sometimes you will have to work on a floor that is understaffed. Nurses can be lazy. Again this all depends on what floor you are on. You might luck out and work with a wonderful staff (nurses, techs, dr's, etc.)
I work in a great group of people
Director of Applications and Development (Current Employee) –  Freehold, NJJune 27, 2017
CentraState is only second to my gig at nexteMR as my favorite jobs in my career.

I learn something new everyday and with the support of my CIO an effort that I started and oversaw was awarded with a Innovator award from a healthcare organization.
Great to share holistic modalities
Community Health Educator (Current Employee) –  Freehold, NJJune 19, 2017
I enjoy giving people information to empower themselves. I enjoy having people try new things and keep an open mind and happy heart.
We are working to expand the live life well classes, as there is not much advertising on the classes.
Pros
Sharing holistic natural techniques
Cons
Not enough public awareness
Enjoyed my work.
CLERICAL (Former Employee) –  Freehold, NJJune 5, 2017
Although my job was fast paced and stressful at times I would recommend it to friends .Enjoyed my job. .Was able to constantly be learning something new.
Pros
Occasional free lunches
Cons
Co workers not always willing to cover for me when needing time off.
Good suburban hospital
Director of Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Freehold, NJMay 3, 2017
Nice place to work. Easy environment and nice management team. There is great parking and a day care center. Like all hospitals, there is a lot of attention to controlling cost.
Community Hospital, pay is not competitive.
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Freehold, NJMay 1, 2017
Working on a hospital floor is tough at times, and I feel that there should be more support for all personnel. The salary for my position is well below average. I understand this is a community hospital, but if you want to retain your employees, provide better compensation.
Great labor and delivery room experience
Certified Surgical Technician, Labor and Delivery (Former Employee) –  Freehold, NJMarch 19, 2017
Tremendous experience with labor and delivery in the operating room and helping with deliveries as well. Working on the mother baby/post partum unit provided considerable experience as well.
Great department
Executive Assistant to CIO /Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  Freehold, NJMarch 3, 2017
I loved going in to the office. Everyone from management to the service desk was wonderful. I learned a lot about the multiple software services that are used in the hospital; from Sorian to Pixus. I had great hours and a nice short commute.
management terrible
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Freehold, NJFebruary 8, 2017
not overall terrible to work at but little help from management and they don't seem to take any of staffs concern into account whatsoever. pay is not great and greedy upper management
Pros
small, mostly nice staff
Cons
poorly run
a great place to advance and the sunsets are beautiful
Phlebotomist, Administrative Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Freehold, NJFebruary 2, 2017
The days go by very fast because your always busy.
We are one big family and many cultures
It's always a learning experience and co-workers love to always
help you.
Meeting new people everyday and the bond you make among
patients are just the little rewards.
Pros
a free lunch pass on your birthday
productive
assistant (Current Employee) –  Freehold, NJJanuary 27, 2017
I would like a healthy work environment in which no bias, discrimination, or inequality in objected towards anyone inthe workplace.
Job was rewarding
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Freehold, NJJanuary 13, 2017
The team in my dept was excellent and very dedicated. I loved my job and the patients, but I had to leave bc they discontinued health benefits for part timers. I was very sad to leave, but getting insurance on my own was out of the question so I found another job.
Pros
Great team
Cons
No Healthcare insurance for part timers
Best place to work
Family Residency Program (Former Employee) –  Freehold, NJJanuary 12, 2017
The family Residency Program has been the best place I have worked. I was very sad leaving and I highly recommend working for CentraState
Pros
great benefits
Workplace Review
RN-per diem 5-North Telemetry Unit (Former Employee) –  Freehold, NJNovember 13, 2016
A typical day is busy withy full functioning hospital with helipad, huge gym and wellness center. Very geared to community outreach, education, and care of the patients and staff. Many educational classes are offered for staff, patients and families. Great place to work.
Excellent place to work
Telephone Operator (Current Employee) –  Freehold, NJOctober 30, 2016
They take care of their employees. The medical benefits, in particular, are very good. If there are ever any scheduling conflicts, there are never any issues in getting them resolved.
Centrastate medical
Counsel patients in labor, postpartum (Current Employee) –  Freehold, NJOctober 1, 2016
I work Labor and delivery here at centrastate and I can not say more good things about the hospital and the management. The team work on the unit is what allows us to get through our shifts on a day to day basis. Management and supervisors are always visually available to ask any questions you need.
In person
RN (Current Employee) –  Freehold, NJJuly 17, 2016
Great team work. Short staffed at times bit always pull together and make it happen. Brakes are interrupted and monotors have to be watched during lunch. Pay is not competitive.
Pros
Gratifying pt experiences
Cons
Short interrupted brakes
Review
SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Freehold, NJMay 1, 2016
A great experience working with many different professionals. The hospital staff and environment promote a great community within Centra State.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
No Paid breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CentraState Healthcare System. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval