CentraState Healthcare System Employee Reviews

Wonderful place and great benefits
Food Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Freehold, NJMarch 18, 2016
A good company that offers opportunity for growth and fun activities to keep ,motivation all around. Busy department however employees make things go smooth.
Pros
Health Benefits are fantastic
Cons
Short breaks, private company
Fun place to work
Rehabilitation Nurse (Former Employee) –  Freehold, NJDecember 10, 2015
Management and staff are very open and easy to approach. Salary is not bad and you can make reasonable money in the system. Benefits are very good including health insurance-very cheap and the best. It is not easy to get a vacation period. It is very difficult to get approval for a vacation.
Pros
Salary ok, Benefits very good
Cons
Not easy to get approval for vacation
Centrastate medical
Counsel patients in labor, postpartum (Current Employee) –  Freehold, NJOctober 1, 2016
I work Labor and delivery here at centrastate and I can not say more good things about the hospital and the management. The team work on the unit is what allows us to get through our shifts on a day to day basis. Management and supervisors are always visually available to ask any questions you need.
Workplace Review
RN-per diem 5-North Telemetry Unit (Former Employee) –  Freehold, NJNovember 13, 2016
A typical day is busy withy full functioning hospital with helipad, huge gym and wellness center. Very geared to community outreach, education, and care of the patients and staff. Many educational classes are offered for staff, patients and families. Great place to work.
In person
RN (Current Employee) –  Freehold, NJJuly 17, 2016
Great team work. Short staffed at times bit always pull together and make it happen. Brakes are interrupted and monotors have to be watched during lunch. Pay is not competitive.
Pros
Gratifying pt experiences
Cons
Short interrupted brakes
I feel very satisfied when I leave my job that I have done everything to the best of my ability. I am very confident in my work ethics.
OFFICE ASSISTANT-OPERATING ROOM (Current Employee) –  Freehold, NJMay 1, 2015
I enjoy my job. My co-workers are understanding and wonderful to work with. Management is much to be desired. Would like to make more money. The only difficult part of the job would be ordering blood fast enough sometimes for the patient when they are critical in the operating room.
Pros
Close to my home and people are great to work with
Cons
Manager does not know how to talk to people, she has a big turnover in her department. Everyone wishes the raises could be bigger.
Fun workplace with compassionate nurses
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Freehold, NJJanuary 18, 2013
Was given a great opportunity for a first time nursing technician. Hospital was a great teaching hospital and allowed me to gain a lot of knowledge while starting out. Management was great, as were the benefits. The nurses and other technicians were wonderful to the patients, and everything was always in order. I felt as though I experienced years worth of work in my time spent there from all the information I gained.
Prepare to relocate
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Freehold, NJMarch 29, 2016
During my two years with this company i was constantly drilled and felt pressured for sales. You are always watched by the other sales associates so that when you're done with the sale, they can tell you what you have done wrong. It is expected to relocate very 3 months. I went to 9 different stores.
Review
SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Freehold, NJMay 1, 2016
A great experience working with many different professionals. The hospital staff and environment promote a great community within Centra State.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
No Paid breaks
Excellent place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Freehold, NJAugust 20, 2014
It's hard to put into words how much I enjoyed working at Centrastate hospital. I was there for many years so all of my coworkers were like a second family to me. The job itself was demanding yet rewarding. I felt I was fairly compensated for the effort I put in in both salary and benefits. If I hadn't decided to move to Colorado I would have been there for a very long time.
Pros
Great company to work for
I enjoyed my US job
Ultrasound Sonographer- Part time (Current Employee) –  Freehold, NJApril 9, 2016
I've been at CSMC since I was an US student. Many things have changed over the years, but I wouldn't be leaving if I wasn't moving.

Not everyday is stressful, but when it is it's full force insane. Never a happy medium. Not every case takes the same time. Not every patient is the same. No other dept understands US. They expect us to be as fast as CT/Xray. We're not CT or Xray. I'm not belittling my amazing "button pushing" friends, but our exams are longer. We are looking for pathology. If we miss pathology, the radiologist will also miss it. Out patients are never on time. Add-ons don't listen to their times given. The ER can add on 7 pts at a time & constantly call about taking them, when we have a full out- patient schedule, L&D, procedures and NPO or Stat In-patients. We have to show all OB, ER & critical exams. Time consuming paperwork.

Team work is a must & we don't always have it. Depending on the day to day team, can make or break us. A smooth day is a beautiful day. I've made some life long friends at CSMC.

Daytime/ Evening shifts are very different. Night time differential & extra pay for being registered. I preferred the evening shift. Day time is chaotic with multi techs running around. They lose a tech during lunches. There can be techs missing from the dept for multiple procedures.

My supervisor is great if you need to find coverage. There's never any problems with taking vacation days.

I love my radiologists. Some of them are willing to teach which is respected and loved. Your life will be easier once the radiologist can trust your scanning.
  more... It's hard for every new tech.  less
Pros
Comfort, great friends
Cons
One of the lowest US paying NJ hospitals
Good hours every other weekend off.
Chef (Current Employee) –  Freehold, NJDecember 29, 2014
Setting up meals two entrees vegetable and a starch, also setting up for the doctors.
Pros
free lunch, benefits
Be your own leader
Observer (Current Employee) –  Freehold, NJOctober 19, 2015
You have the opportunity to create your own business. With that in mind you are push to reach company expectations and management will help you strive to exceed.
Pros
Freedom
productive
Clerical Support (Former Employee) –  Freehold, NJSeptember 24, 2015
This job was all volunteer but I really enjoyed it. The most enjoyable part was working with various individuals and learning their different experiences.
Pros
Making people happy
Cons
I would have like to work their permenatly
A very rewarding place to work in so many ways.
Emergency Department RN (Former Employee) –  Freehold, NJMarch 17, 2014
Working in the emergency dept. was my favorite field of nursing for so many reasons. The staff there were a great group of people, very dedicated to their profession, very caring toward their patients. The days typically were very busy, never enough space for the increasing population in the area. For a while, after they opened a newer larger wing for the emergency dept., we were able to keep up, however, the population continued to grow and over the years we began running out of space again. The good part was that we managed quite well despite the lack of space. I felt most rewarded in that job because of how much of a difference I was able to make in a patient's life, as well as their family members. The hardest part of that job was dealing with very sick and sometimes terminally ill patients and their families, as well as the patients that we were not able to save, who would come in gravely ill or in some cases, in cardiac arrest. Although I always felt good about the work I was doing, it was very difficult at times not to get too emotionally involved. The docs also were a wonderful group of people, and management there was fair and caring as well as appreciative of the staff. It was by far my favorite place to work during my nursing career. My favorite group of patients were the geriatric population, so much in need sometimes of just a little bit of TLC, which no matter how the day was going for me, I was always ready, willing and able to give! It was there in the emergency dept. I felt the most rewarded for the job I was able to do!
It was a very productive lab. Always busy never a quiet moment.
CLERICAL ASSISTANT - MAIN LAB (Former Employee) –  Freehold, NJNovember 5, 2012
My job was in the back in the main lab, handling all doctors office calls for test results and inputting results into system. When the outpatient lab became busy I helped in the front by ordering test to be done on the outpatient patients. Received blood and brought back to the correct areas of the lab.
Good place to start
Registered Nurse, Med-Surg/Subacute (Current Employee) –  Freehold, NJOctober 2, 2014
Clean and friendly. Need to master time management skills.
Pros
Clean and new facilities
Cons
Short breaks
Hospital Unit Secretary
Departmental Secretary (Former Employee) –  Freehold, NJApril 4, 2014
Loved the fast and interest in the different departments in a hospital setting. Listening to the patients and the visitors and making it a better visit for them. Great interaction with nurses and especially physicians.
Pros
Time went by quickly due to the interest of the job.
Cons
Dealing with the trauma in ER.
Productive Environment
Activities Assistant (Current Employee) –  Freehold NjMay 30, 2014
● Plan and coordinate a program of recreational, educational and creative activities for residents
● Assists the Activities Director with departmental documentation.
● Provide assistance and support to the Activities Department in running daily activities
great workers and managment
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Freehold, NJFebruary 22, 2015
Great people to work with . Everyone is willing to help , stepping stone into the medical field working as transport great way to work your way up.

CentraState Healthcare System Reviews by Location