Centre for Neuro Skills Employee Reviews

Stayed too long
Neuro Rehabilitation Technician (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 13, 2017
The management here is awful! they were always so rude and not understanding. They expect a lot from you but want to be appreciative of the work you do. Very underpaid for the job that has to be done. Very disorganized! I stayed faithful to the company for over 5 years and i really wish i had moved on!
Family environment
Word Processor (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CA 93313June 20, 2017
I enjoyed working for the company and recommend employment. I agree with them ethically. They are very patient people with good hearts. Family environment.
Awesome home setting
Single mom (Current Employee) –  HomeMay 7, 2017
This place is amazing home setting for patients. The program is a success I watch it truly work for patients and families. The respect and communication upon staff is horrible.
Pros
Birthday holiday pay, pto, great health benefits and life
Cons
Communication and boundary stepping
Nature of the business is good however the work environment is non supportive.
PM Supervisor/program writer (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 26, 2017
Clinical and residential management are not vested in their employees (sweat shop). The work environment is non supportive. More training for all employees especially brain injury and compassion. Some staff are kind and helpful while others are rude and non attentive.
Pros
Working with patients, families and some of the staff.
Cons
Non supportive work environment from management, poor wages and some unprofessional staff.
Great Learning Center
MFT Intern (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAApril 20, 2017
Good place for the young/adventurist therapist in all disciplines. Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI) is a whole new world of learning for all working at CNS! Helps round out a therapists perspective of human nature.
Pros
Extreemly fast paced!
Cons
No work- life ballance as you take your work home to meet unrealistic deadlines!
Rehabilitation center for brain injury patients.
Rehabilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 18, 2017
Fun work environment. Always some work to be done. Work with patients and family members to better health once discharged from facility. I learned great customer service skills.
Pros
Set schedule
Cons
Short lunch breaks
If you are a workaholic this job is great for you.
Rehab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAApril 3, 2017
This job can be very damand, having high expectations for your job position. I would have to say it was one of my first good paying jobs, but not for family oriented individuals. I would say it more for single individuals with a drive to make money. Good for traveling and client interaction.
Pros
Great way to travel & earn money.
Cons
Demand for working extras & doubles gets addicting.
Good patient care
Neuro Rehabilitation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAFebruary 10, 2017
Good rehabilitation center ................... friend of staff and supervisor everyone can use some type of improvement. Good place for brain injury patients
Great for learning skills in medical field
Senior Neuro Rehab Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAFebruary 9, 2017
Centre For Neuro Skills is a place that will teach you great building blocks and help decide whether to advance in the medical field. Keep to yourself, and the job is quite enjoyable.
Pros
overtime availability, dedicated co-workers
Cons
benefits are not worth the amount of work
Not enough attention to patient
Neuro Rehabilitation Special (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 17, 2017
The patients are sweet for the most part. The employees....not so much. I went to talk to a supervisor about a concern about another employee and got laughed at.
Absolute disgraceful
NRS (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 3, 2016
If you enjoy attempting to destroy the lives of innocent people, enjoy being over worked, being under paid, if you honestly dont care about the people your paid to care about, and if you dont mind covering your fellow employees by falsifying stories, medical docs, and if you enjoy being treated as if that poo that dog took in the yard was worth more than you, then you have found the perfect Job.

Heres a brief history of my experience at CNS.
Ive seen patients ignored, left in feces and dirty sheets be dropped. Be injurred, medical documentation changed to cover the company, patients personal groceries stolen, ive seen staff sleeping, verbally attacking family of patients and patients themselves, seen meds given incorrectly, seen narcotics stolen, seen meds purposely taken from one patient and given to another, seen med documentation changed to reflect "mussing" medication, seen patients land fellow NRS left for several hours after calling for pick up from.doctors or hospitals. Ive seen the cliquing between management and select employees, ive been under valued, as an employee, and as a human, im ashamed of the things ive seen, and disgusted for ever being part of this company.

Im sure Mark Ashley would be disgusted with what he built if he knew any of this.
Cons
Absolutely everything
Enjoy working with my patients
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 9, 2016
I enjoy seeing each and everyone of my patients progress. Its amazing seeing a patient overcome their injury and walk or talk and even eat regular foods. The staff play a huge role and it's amazing how fast you see improvement I enjoy working here
Pros
Seeing growth in patients
Unappreciated
Rehab Tech (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 29, 2016
Working here was definitely an experience. I loved my patients and was a hard worker who always did my job regardless of being recognized for it or not. Felt unappreciated as time passed and treated poorly by management. They work you to death and praise the lazy ones. There are some positives to working for them. You learn how to form bonds with patients and get to help them through their journey to get better. It's amazing seeing someone go from being in a wheelchair to walking. This job is not for everyone but it will definitely help you grow as a person.
Pros
Free lunch on holidays, opportunities for overtime, see patients get better
Cons
Poor management, unprofessional staff, underpaid
larger nurses station
Neuro Rehabilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 30, 2016
Most of the time it was alright but the other time it seemed like we wasn't getting support from the supervisor. The charge nurse on my shift was very good at her job which I loved the 2nd shift we rocked.
Pros
our team
Cons
wished that the supersvisor would stand behind her employees
Dont work here
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 29, 2016
This job is the worst ever I had since moving. They leave you stuck in patients apartments all day from 8-12 hours a day and half of the time you don't get a break or they won't allow you to use the rest room. They don't value their employees. They have a point system and you will get fired for anything. If your child or spouse is hospitalized or sick they still want you to come to work and threats to give you s point or fire you if you call out. They are all about money and they are totally against everything they stand for. The pay is under wage and they let patients fall all the time and cover it up, they are always short staff , and super management from Human resource on down to the supervisors talk to you like poo!! They let patients hit and abuse staff and do not give the staff member treatment. They always have a turnover in empyloment because they hire new people at least 7-10 once a month and by the next 30 days they quit. This Job is a joke...
Pros
Seeing the patients recovery is great!!!!
Cons
Everything..
great company to work at
Neuro Rehabilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CANovember 25, 2015
Teamwork with staff members was great.
Working hands on with patients.
Management was supportive at times.
Patients was awesome to work besides their behaviors towards you.
Pros
learning about tramatic brain injuries
Cons
more pay
A huge learning experience
Medical Administrative Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 19, 2015
Learned a lot about Traumatic brain Injury.
Very rich in cultural diversity.
Management was poor. Often too busy to listen to your ideas and concern company-wide. Changes needed to be made for the growing company but staff's insights were never taken.
My co-workers were very positive and up-lifting.
Hardest part about my job was wanting to do more at times and not be able to go outside of my job duties. I felt like I wanted to help in other departments and was unable to.
I loved the patients and seeing the progress they would make from the first day of treatment to the last which spoke to the great care all staff provided to patients.
Pros
Free lunch once a month
Cons
Too many to list
Fun place to work. Hated to leave.
Neuro rehabilitation specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 26, 2015
A typical day at work would start off with a shift meeting. Then we would go to our assigned locations.
I learned a lot while here about how the mind works and how injuries can affect the brain.
Management was very nice.
I worked with a fun group of people.
The hardest part of the job was also the most enjoyable part, and that was when the patients got better they moved to outpatient.
Pros
Winning gift cards and Floating holiday for your birthday if you took it.
Cons
Pay rate
No medical experience needed
Neuro Rehabilitation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 7, 2015
Help patients with TBI with ADL's. Management communication needs improving.
Great company to work for!
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 2, 2014
Centre for Neuro Skills emphasizes regular training for all employees. I learned as much, if not more, working here than I did in my master's degree program. The company really strives to become the type of company people will want to work for until they retire. The people there are very intelligent, hard working and experienced. It is very busy and fast-paced, so be prepared to work very hard. It is worth it though to be able to see patients make progress on a daily basis and touch their families' lives in a positive, meaningful way.
Pros
training, occasional catered lunches, good benefits, good people to work with
Cons
fast-paced, extremely busy, corporate bureaucracy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Centre for Neuro Skills. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8