Centre for Neuro Skills

Centre for Neuro Skills Employee Reviews

Dont work here
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 29, 2016
This job is the worst ever I had since moving. They leave you stuck in patients apartments all day from 8-12 hours a day and half of the time you don't get a break or they won't allow you to use the rest room. They don't value their employees. They have a point system and you will get fired for anything. If your child or spouse is hospitalized or sick they still want you to come to work and threats to give you s point or fire you if you call out. They are all about money and they are totally against everything they stand for. The pay is under wage and they let patients fall all the time and cover it up, they are always short staff , and super management from Human resource on down to the supervisors talk to you like poo!! They let patients hit and abuse staff and do not give the staff member treatment. They always have a turnover in empyloment because they hire new people at least 7-10 once a month and by the next 30 days they quit. This Job is a joke...
Pros
Seeing the patients recovery is great!!!!
Cons
Everything..
Unappreciated
Rehab Tech (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 29, 2016
Working here was definitely an experience. I loved my patients and was a hard worker who always did my job regardless of being recognized for it or not. Felt unappreciated as time passed and treated poorly by management. They work you to death and praise the lazy ones. There are some positives to working for them. You learn how to form bonds with patients and get to help them through their journey to get better. It's amazing seeing someone go from being in a wheelchair to walking. This job is not for everyone but it will definitely help you grow as a person.
Pros
Free lunch on holidays, opportunities for overtime, see patients get better
Cons
Poor management, unprofessional staff, underpaid
Great company to work for!
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 2, 2014
Centre for Neuro Skills emphasizes regular training for all employees. I learned as much, if not more, working here than I did in my master's degree program. The company really strives to become the type of company people will want to work for until they retire. The people there are very intelligent, hard working and experienced. It is very busy and fast-paced, so be prepared to work very hard. It is worth it though to be able to see patients make progress on a daily basis and touch their families' lives in a positive, meaningful way.
Pros
training, occasional catered lunches, good benefits, good people to work with
Cons
fast-paced, extremely busy, corporate bureaucracy
larger nurses station
Neuro Rehabilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 30, 2016
Most of the time it was alright but the other time it seemed like we wasn't getting support from the supervisor. The charge nurse on my shift was very good at her job which I loved the 2nd shift we rocked.
Pros
our team
Cons
wished that the supersvisor would stand behind her employees
Overall the patients had 24 hour care including therapy and medical attention.
Medical Assistant/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 15, 2013
A typical day at work consisted of insuring that I was properly staffed for my shift. Making sure that staff are properly trained in changing patients due to incontinence. Taking vital and insuring that all patient take there medictions as perscribed by doctors order. Administer medications via G-tube, blood sugar checks, any chief complaints from patients during the overnight hours, blood draws per doctors orders, and that the patients are safe. I also relayed any important information during my shift for the next shift that came aboard. Above all that patients were up and ready to go to leave for the clinic.
Pros
you received great 401k benefits, movie tickets at the end of the year, and a opportunity to provide assistants to patients.
Cons
healthcare benefits were very expensive.
great company to work at
Neuro Rehabilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CANovember 25, 2015
Teamwork with staff members was great.
Working hands on with patients.
Management was supportive at times.
Patients was awesome to work besides their behaviors towards you.
Pros
learning about tramatic brain injuries
Cons
more pay
A huge learning experience
Medical Administrative Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 19, 2015
Learned a lot about Traumatic brain Injury.
Very rich in cultural diversity.
Management was poor. Often too busy to listen to your ideas and concern company-wide. Changes needed to be made for the growing company but staff's insights were never taken.
My co-workers were very positive and up-lifting.
Hardest part about my job was wanting to do more at times and not be able to go outside of my job duties. I felt like I wanted to help in other departments and was unable to.
I loved the patients and seeing the progress they would make from the first day of treatment to the last which spoke to the great care all staff provided to patients.
Pros
Free lunch once a month
Cons
Too many to list
Very interactive with patient and staff
Neuro Rehabilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 17, 2014
I worked over night and the over night team became like family and definetly there for one another. I learned major responsibilities ther as well as patience for my patients. Management was great they were there for all staff and there team, you could go to them for anything. My co-workers helped eachother out during hard times. The hardiest part about working there and on over nights was staying awake. The most enjoyable part was being able to see my patient improve and relearn daily activities all over again after their TBI.
Pros
co-workers from same shift became much more than just co workers, they became your friends and helped out threw everyhting.
Cons
late next shifts employees
Fun place to work. Hated to leave.
Neuro rehabilitation specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 26, 2015
A typical day at work would start off with a shift meeting. Then we would go to our assigned locations.
I learned a lot while here about how the mind works and how injuries can affect the brain.
Management was very nice.
I worked with a fun group of people.
The hardest part of the job was also the most enjoyable part, and that was when the patients got better they moved to outpatient.
Pros
winning gift cards and floating holiday for your birthday if you took it.
Cons
pay rate
Healthcare facility for brain injured patients
Rehabilitation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CANovember 23, 2012
A typical day at work depended on the status of the patient. Some patients were able to take care of themselves with little supervision. Others were unable to do things on their own. Ex: shower, use the bathroom, prepare meals and take care of themselves so it was the employees responsibilty to make sure the patient was well taken care of. I learned that in order to enjoy this type of work, you have to enjoy helping people. I wouldn't really know what to say about management. My co-workers were fun to work with. Especially if they enjoyed helping people. The hardest part of the job was dealing with behavioral patients because some got physically violent. The most enjoyable part of the job was the rewarding feeling of knowing you were part of the reason that the patient regained the ability to do things independantly.

Want to know more about Centre for Neuro Skills?

Ask a question
Productive relaxed place to work with something new everyday
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 3, 2014
Everyday at work I would enter data in spreadsheets using Microsoft Excel, SPSS, and databases from Lotus Notes. I would gather this information from paper files and electronic medical files. My manager would always challenge us, the research assistants to work with other departments and with the brain injured patients in the facility, so everyday we would learn new things and expand our horizons. The environment in the research department was very laid back and drama free, my co-workers were easy to work with and question were always encouraged. The hardest part of my job, for me, was getting comfortable with administering test batteries to the patients. I enjoyed getting to use my skills everyday at work and feeling accomplished at the end of everyday.
Pros
relaxed environment, holidays and sick days off
always hiring, if you need money and a temp job this is for you however always short staff and supervisor management horrible attitudes
Rehabilitation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 9, 2013
always hiring, if you need money and a temp job this is for you however always short staff. Supervisor management horrible attitudes, no breaks only a 30 mins lunch and sometimes before you go home, however have your own experience. You will regret
Pros
always overtime
Cons
short staff and puts clients in a bad position
nursing collaboration horrendous
medical department (Former Employee) –  Irving TexasFebruary 2, 2013
Team work is essential when caring for patients. Needless to say there is no effective team work in the Nursing department. The hours are great. However unproffessionalism screams throughout the Supervisory and Human Resources, which trickles down throughout their team. Also they not only will fire you they will seek revenge by reporting you to the Texas boArd of Nursing. There is not adequate timing for effective care. This place is headed for a definite class action law suit. If you love your nursing license, Beware!
Pros
good pay, good hours
Cons
high expectations with limited resources, always short staffed
A rewarding job
Neuro Rehabilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAApril 13, 2013
I worked for CNS for 9 months and being able to work with patients and see their improvements over a course of a few months was remarkable and rewarding. CNS really is a great place to work because you are able to work with such amazing people, staff and patients.
Pros
watching patients improve their lives and get back to their normal daily routines.
Cons
i am a medical assistant and was doing a cna's job (assisting pts with the restroom)
No medical experience needed
Neuro Rehabilitation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 7, 2015
Help patients with TBI with ADL's. Management communication needs improving.
I loved this job.
Neuro Rehabilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 29, 2014
Even though the management really wasn't that great, I really loved and enjoyed working with brain injury and a few spinal cord injured patients.
Very good steady job
Neurorehabilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 21, 2014
This to me felt like an regular job, no excitement but not mediocre either. Some supervisors play favorites and the job itself is very tiring. But seeing the improvment in my patients always makes it better.
Pros
patients
Cons
supervisors that are just there for a paycheck
Fulfilling work
Neuro Rehabilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMay 8, 2014
This job gave me a sense of purpose more than any other job I previously had. You truly help people through the most difficult time of their lives. Though the work was rewarding, the high turnover of employees unfortunately created an unprofessional environment. Overall, a great experience to have.
great place to work
Clinical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 28, 2012
good people doing good work. good balance, good locations and a healthy management team
Stay Away!!!!
Certified Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 31, 2013
Management is completely lost.This company only values money, it is a joke of a rehab facility.
Cons
everything!!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Centre for Neuro Skills. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8