CentroMed Employee Reviews

A great and fun company to work
Lead Accounts Payable Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 23, 2016
A fun workplace and a great positive environment to work in. I learned and expended my excel and Microsoft knowledge. All my co-workers were friendly and approachable and were great team players. I worked in this company for seven years and we felt like family always supporting each other.
Horrible place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 11, 2016
This has to be the worst place on earth to work. The pay is a joke, the management is a joke, and the way patients are treated is just terrible. There is no future at this company, do not waste your time here.
Pros
NA
Cons
Pay, management
Fast pace ever changing involving work addressing environment of care.
Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 27, 2016
As a professional employee deal with five to twenty work orders of routine to emergency from clinical directors, while managing four to six projects daily in addition to the supervision of five employees. Most concern each day is that all important issues are addressed as efficiently as possible, ongoing and active communication with directors and staff. The most enjoyable part of the day is at the end with the realization that I gave my best ability on matters that count.
Pros
Autonomy
Great Job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 13, 2016
Good learning experience with disabled students at the college. Good management. Flexible schedule that will fit my classes. Love this place.
High turn over rate
customer service representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 8, 2016
Management wasn't there too help. They had their favourites who always got away with things and got every day they req. off but if you weren't a favorite you worked eveyday. They made you travel to every location and never had a set schedule. People are always coming and going mostly due to management.
Benefits
productivity
Referral Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 19, 2016
A great pace to work. Great management.
I enjoy working with my coworkers,
I enjoy the work hours and the providers. the hardest part of my job is not able to help everyone.
Pros
GREAT Lunch
Cons
No breaks
not a great place to work -big mistake
medical assistant (Former Employee) –  san antonioJuly 8, 2015
I had to start early ,work late until 7pm or more some days,
if you are absent you must work a saturday to make up for it
need to work at several sites around the city which is crazy traffic driving at 7-8 am in the morning
work non-stop like a slave daily compared to private practice work
I learned alot though -especially what not to do in your job and how not to treat others
Pros
not many -benefits good
Cons
work like a slave/ no respect from top down
Productive workplace
Senior Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 23, 2014
Patient Registration
Verify Insurance
Collect Co-Pays
Schedule Appointments
Answer telephones
Message Dr's with phone messages for patients regarding questions or for refills on prescriptions

The hardest part of the job was not having enough time in the day to finish my work due to the high volume of patients being seen in one day.
Pros
medical office experience
Great place to start your career
Employment Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 18, 2014
Very supportive staff, great place to start your career and get excellent training at. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping the families in the community. Management is pretty good. I have learned several different skills and great opportunity to learn a variety of skills.
Pros
work with you
Centromed provided me with additional experience I can add to my background of skills.
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio Tx.March 9, 2013
A typical day at work is always hectic, but never impossible. I draw blood, test specimen, complete billing, run doctors orders, and keep the Labratory up to par and organized. I have learned at Centromed team work and cooperation is key to running a smooth operation. Management is available, but very lenient when it comes to corrective action to those who need coaching. The majority of my coworkers are very young and inexperienced. I had to train most of them. The hardest part of my job is simply being short handed with lack of help, but this also has caused me to become more sufficient, fast, and accurate. The most enjoyable part of my day is helping others. This is the main reason for choosing the medical field.
Pros
helping others
Cons
pay
Not a friendly place to work
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 28, 2014
If you are not one of the bosses favorites , you will not be liked by others. Working with homeless patients is not easy either , you are always getting yelled at by patients
Pros
the hours
Cons
co workers, bosses, the envoirment
Great non-profit organization to gain real experience from
Budget Accountant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 28, 2013
This was my first professional job in finance and this organization seemed a great place to start my career. I had a trial by fire start and was without a direct manager for three months so I used my previous management experience to self motivate as well as learning as much as I could from my peers and the CFO. While I was interim manager, I had to sit in on the clinic operations meetings every Tuesday to represent budget and answered any questions pertaining to my department. This was probably the hardest part of my beginning career to take the basic instructions I was given and then sort of teach how to do them myself from that point. Later on in my position here, I was able to additional analysis on the overall budget and variances and created new allocations for accounting based on work that I had done to reconcile amounts to correct budgeted positions. This was probably the most enjoyable as I was taking budget to the next level with the department only being a couple of years old. Overall, I am thankful for the opportunities I have been given here and definitely the experience.
Pros
great work life balance
Cons
distance from home
A good place to start your career
Social Worker I (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 19, 2013
Seeing homeless clients and providing medical, dental, and social services.