Centrue Bank Employee Reviews

good co-workers
Head Teller/Teller (Current Employee) –  Streator, ILJune 5, 2017
Management is difficult due to constant changes, however I really like working with customers and co-workers. However Hours can be long depending on the day and you handle a lot of money which can be stressful.
Pros
customers, hours, co-workers
Cons
stressful
Great Starting Job
Teller (Current Employee) –  Bourbonnais, ILApril 13, 2017
typical work day consists of cashing checks, making deposits, answering phones and assisting customers. The managers are pretty accommodating, the only thing I would say is they could use a make over/ remodeling.
Great Place to Work
Mortgage Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 11, 2017
The management team is extremely supportive, and the compensation is extremely competitive. The benefits are also a very big plus. Hard work, in an entrepreneurial environment is rewarded well!
Fun work environment
Teller (Current Employee) –  Bradley, ILJanuary 13, 2016
Being a teller is not hard at all and it is actually very enjoyable, with very enjoyable people. I would say the hardest part of my job is making sure that the proper work is done for the Feds because if that gets messed up or is done improperly that could fall back on me and I could possibly end up in jail.
Cons
Not paying well enough
Decent company to work for.
Teller One (Former Employee) –  Bradley, ILJuly 5, 2013
I liked the customer interactions. I enjoyed the banking aspect. I did not like standing on my feet the whole shift because they do not let their tellers sit down, but you had regular breaks and a hour lunch which was great.
No comment
Commercial Servicing (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ILJuly 6, 2012
I was a 15 year employee who's position was eliminated along with 3 others with no warning and no severance. That is how Union Bank/Centeue Bank treats loyal, dedicated, hard working employees. I would not recommend this employer. They do not treat you with the same respect you give them.
Pros
benefits package
Cons
no loyalty to employees
Overall Centrue is great to its employees and you learn so much.
Temporary Teller (Former Employee) –  Momence, ILMarch 6, 2012
Centrue Bank has great opportunities for advancement that never stop. The company has great benefits and paid time off even for part-time employees. The programs for the employees can help out tons for any type of person.
Pros
easy hours, long breaks, and advancement
Cons
takes time to catch on to procedures
Good place to work, typical bank
Regional Support Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Kankakee, ILJanuary 4, 2012
Good place to work. Growing bank that offers good opportunity to promote. They really care about their employees.
Pros
very professional
Cons
low pay for entry level positions.