Centura College Employee Reviews

Every unstable work place
Receptionist/Student Representative (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 5, 2017
I would not recommend this job because the management is very unprofessional and work environment is unstable. Every other year the schools are closing without warning.
They no longer have physical locations, online only.
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJune 22, 2017
I really enjoyed working for Centura and their students. It was nice to help them do something positive with their lives. Also, they closed their physical locations and do online schooling only.
Student interaction was nice
Campus Receptionist (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJune 19, 2017
My supervisor was absolutely wonderful. The team I worked for was probably the best I have ever worked with. They were always appreciative and supportive. The school director when I left was another story.
Centura College
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Educartion in Newport NewsMay 22, 2017
As an instructor, I teach Success in the College and Workplace, as well as Business courses. I enjoy the opportunity to help students and to see them learn new things.
Okay Workplace?
Penn Foster Coordinator / Librarian (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 13, 2017
Communication is not there. Rules and regulations are not properly followed. Favoritism is greatly known. Pay is horrible. No consistency. Annual performance reviews are a joke and raises are months late. This college needs positive, knowledgeable, support that is consistent with the appropriate employees to create overall success for students and organization.! An organization must treat employees like they truly matter and are a part of the team.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Communication, Overall Pay, Annual Raises, Favoritism among employees, Consistency, etc.
Great case management opportunity
ADMISSIONS REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAApril 4, 2017
Great opportunity to connect with and help the community you service. Helping students make the necessary life choices that will better themselves and their families.
Pros
Face to Face student interactions daily
Cons
Students can be hard to contact
Never work there
Senior Admissions Rep (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMarch 29, 2017
Centura College is the worst place to work for. I worked at the online college, and that place was all about clicks and attitudes. I also worked for the land campus in Chesapeake, and they are the most fakest people on the planet. They will say one thing to your face and then talk about everyone behind everyone's backs, it is ridiculous. They do not care about their employees or their families. Worst management ever as well. They play favoritism if you suck up too!
Pros
Salary pay
Cons
Just about everything else
Centura College
Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 14, 2017
It is productive and busy workplace that provides great training for the students. It has support staff for students and great teachers as well. I enjoyed working their because of the students. Centura has provided quality training for all walks of life and it gives people a chance at being successful. I like Centura because of the quality training programs and caring teachers.
Pros
Job assistance
Cons
Costly
excellent place to work
Medical Billing & Coding Specialist Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 13, 2017
very productive enjoyed working there and coworkers were always nice and willing to help if needed
management always provided kept update training
executive Director always gave recognition for a good job
run of the mill company
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJanuary 10, 2017
Well, it's what you would expect from a for-profit proprietary school. All about the money, nothing more - nothing less. Nobody cares about anything other than the money the students bring in to pay for a useless degree
Pros
I'm alive
Cons
I worked here
Don't work at Centura College/Richmond, VA.!!!
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Midlothian Turnpike, Richmond, VA.December 16, 2016
Former employee/Receptionist at Midlothian Turnpike location in Richmond, VA. WORD OF WARNING: DON'T WORK HERE!!! As the RECEPTIONIST, you are expected to do 50 things at one time! Phones are ringing off the hook all day, you have at least 100 interruptions all through the day and still expected to get all your other work done in at a very fast pace!! If you make 1 mistake... They fire you on the spot with NO WARNING!! Only worked there for 3 WEEKS. And they compare you to former Receptionist who worked there over1 YEAR! My Supervisor was very cold and impersonal! Management sucks!! Entitled to (2) 15 minute breaks but that is for everyone else... NOT the RECEPTIONIST who needs the breaks more than anyone else! The Receptionist is not appreciated at this location. Do yourself a big favor and don't ever work here...you would regret it as much as I did!!!
Exciting place to work.
Medical Coding Instructor (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA 23452December 14, 2016
I taught Medical Billing with the school curriculum. The classes were small two to three students and this was only part-time.
Easy going work place
Technical Support Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAOctober 28, 2016
I love working her because im allowed to work at my own paste.
A typical work day for me would be for me to come in, set up my work area. then continue to complete the task that is placed in front of me.
16 years experience
Network Administrator (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 25, 2016
I work in the mornings teaching IT subjects like Microsoft Server, Cisco and CompTIA certifications. After lunch time I handle tech support for the school. I believe that my experience in the classroom with students and outside of the classroom with other employees has made me versatile and well-rounded in my IT experience.
Pros
variety of in the day, excellent people
Cons
being pulled in many directions, benefits
Teaching
Medical Assisting Instructor (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAJuly 20, 2016
I have taught a comprehensive classroom/lab program for medical assistants. Subjects taught include Anatomy and Physiology I & II, Introduction to Pharmacology, Pharmacology giving injections, calculating dosages and administering medications, calculating IV drips and setting up IV bags for administration, Medical math for Healthcare professionals, Medical Assistants Role I, II, and III. Career Development, Lab, Phlebotomy, Vital Signs, Ekg/ECG Labs I have been involved in student counseling and setting up opportunities for students, hold student health fairs, organizing blood drives, and workshops. Working with remedial students and managing classrooms with over 30 students. Holding lectures and lab classes, managing multiple classrooms simultaneously. Working with my colleagues to develop student assistance programs as clothes closets, food pantries and other assistance as needed.
Pros
polite co workers
Cons
split shifts
Productive accelertated learning center
Medical Assistant Student Extern (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 10, 2016
I had an awesome experience at Centura College. The instructors were well educated and just enough personally inclined to meet my needs as a struggling student that I was. Because of their constant pushing, I graduated on time keeping a $.0 the majority of my time there.
Pros
student gatherings
Cons
short breaks
Fun Place, lots of work during holidays
Bursar (Former Employee) –  Walpole, NHJune 28, 2016
This company was family owned when I worked for them, they had a fun environment but during the holidays I was working in excess of 12 hour days.
Great Company to build professional experience
Campus Director of Compliance and Administration (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJune 28, 2016
Centura College is a great place to receive training opportunities and expand you ability to manage an organization with limited supervision.
Pros
Great Training Opportunity
Cons
Little room for advancement
Productive institute of education
Medical Assistant/student /AOS (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMay 27, 2016
Centura College has equipped me with more than I expected to further my career in Healthcare. The instructors always gave their all and more . I would recommend this school to anyone seeking a entry level career or advancement.
Pros
Free Toturing
Cons
Accelerated courses therefor the wordload was tremendous
wonderful
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 27, 2016
wonderful! good place to work at. nice people. I enjoy working there. staff is very knowledgeable. students are trained in career of choice

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Centura College. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9