Centura College Employee Reviews

Loved the Job
Massage Therapy Instructor (Former Employee), Chesterfield, VAAugust 12, 2015
Pros: People were nice enough, fun job
Cons: Job security isn't anything they promise
I worked for this company and everyone seemed very nice. I didn't get to know many people because they don't really move between departments much, but I loved teaching the students and we all got along really well. The very disappointing part is the recruitment wasn't very good at selling the program I worked in. Saying they didn't know how to sell it. So with no students because they didn't know Centura offered the program, it faded out, and I, along with 2 other instructors, lost our jobs. I was hired and in under a year they did away with the program, which makes me think they were planning on it to begin with. This is someones life, how they pay their bills, how they plan for things. Just like any other corporate company, they only care about $$ and nothing about the people. Although I am thankful for the opportunity and experience, the company wasn't anything to be proud of.
Great Place to work
Compliance and Review Officer (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAAugust 12, 2015
Company is a great place to work they allow you to move up in the company with hard work and dedication. They allow you to be innovative and express new ideas.
My job
Career Services Coordinator (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAAugust 4, 2015
Pros: Get to network with a lot of companies for employment
Cons: Can be exhausting calling students all the time and they don't answer the phone.
It is A Great job that allows me to coach students in resume writing, interview tactics, and cover letter writing. I also do event planning such as career fairs and hiring presentations as well as Open houses and various informational seminars.
Being an agent of change
Medical Billing & Coding Instructor (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJuly 21, 2015
Being an instructor is completely different than being in the field actively working in the billing and coding. However, it's a great benefit to be able to be a part of another person's life in assisting them in their purpose, goal and dream as they pursue it with all that they have. It feels good to know that you are being a change event, impacting the lives of the students one by one, day by day.
Fun place to work
Senior Admissions Representative/Recruiter (Current Employee), North Charleston, SCJuly 2, 2015
passion for helping people is all through the building. Education is something that is necessary and the opportunities the students receive is lifelong.
Medical Coding/Billing Instructor (Current Employee), Charleston, SCJune 15, 2015
Teaching students Medical Billing and Coding. Great place to work! I enjoy working with the students showing them and teaching them what I know about medical coding!
attended school here
Student (Former Employee), Columbia, SCApril 12, 2015
The school will definitely work with your schedule to make sure that you are not falling behind, however the school does not offer a lot of in depth knowledge about the field of medical assisting.
Educational advancement for instructors and students
Instructor Nursing/Pharmacy (Current Employee), Chesterfield, VAMarch 1, 2015
A very rewarding position. Teaching students, seeing them advance in their knowledge and skills.
Rewarded for detication and skills.
great people
Allied Health and Business Instructor (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: great people
Cons: work is work, it is what you make of it.
Great people to work with. direct management are great people. Nice group at this facility. Would have stayed if paid a bit more. Nice to have three day weekend. Days were long worked days and nights, did have a nice break in between classes.
Productive Place to work
Medical Billing & Coding Instructor (Current Employee), Richmond, VAFebruary 21, 2015
Its a great team at Centura.The Instructors and staff are very nice. Centura is a accredited school and with every mean we make sure every student has what they need to succeed..
very frustrating job.
Admissions Representative (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VaFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: very flexible schedules
Cons: no benefits
working for F.G.I was fun for the most part, but on days where we had to call business partners and try to conduct a survey with them was challenging.
Great Place to work
manager (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJanuary 28, 2015
Fantastic staff and great students. a great learning experience
A laid back part time job
Outreach Specialist (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: great shifts and management
Cons: part time only
A really relaxed work environment with great people. only tasked with asking random people over the phone if they are interested in a tour of a college and setting appointments.
Excellent place to work
Beta Tech Charleston (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCOctober 28, 2014
Excellent place to work, loved working with the students to help them find employment.
Run
admissions (Former Employee), Richmond midlothianOctober 5, 2014
Cons: bad leadership...no one wants to be there
Worst campus ever. I feel sorry that I enrolled anyone in this school. The campus director would not make it at any other school, she would have been fired just because the turnover is high. Do yourself a favor and not work at this location. If like to be micro managed then this would be ideal for you.
I enjoyed learning new things.
Medical Assisting (Former Employee), Richmond, Va.August 8, 2014
Pros: learning new things.
Cons: exams
A typical day at work consist of everything from learning to transcribe to billing and coding.
Students are priority.
Career Services Coordinator (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCAugust 6, 2014
Pleasant work environment. Instructors are interested in seeing students successful in their careers.
Productive workplace and great environment.
Teacher's Assistant- Criminal Justice (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJuly 30, 2014
I always enjoy coming to work. I love to stay busy and my boss ensured that I was always tasked. I usually like to keep a planner and a lot of notes to stay organized, as well as reminding myself of what needs to be completed on the day of, or in advance. Preparing for events, tasks, and more is a priority to me.
I learned different programs, different perspective of students, as well as lifestyles. To that I have adapted. My co-workers are friendly and it is always pleasant to be around.
The hardest part of the job was not always catching the criminals. As my responsibilities not only included teaching and preparing curriculums for courses, but also researching and organizing unsolved cold cases. I try to get as much as I can to better help the cases.
The most enjoyable part of the job was satisfying individuals or rather coming to a solution. I love when people are left feeling happy and helped.
Avoid
Admissions Representative (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJuly 29, 2014
Pros: there are some great people!
Cons: the campus director!
Worked for Centura over two years in admissions which is a long time for admissions. There was no opportunity for advancement unless you were under the wing of the director. I have never worked for such a hateful and simply mean woman. The unprofessionalism exudes from her. It got to the point that we actually felt sorry for her! Work schedules get changed at the drop of a hat. No work life balance... No flexibility. Have children? She doesn't care. My coworkers could barely take their kids to the doctor without threat of a write up! No communication with upper management she is too high on her perch to speak with you or any students for that matter. No new ideas are good ideas unless they are hers or her recruits. I could write a book on this campus. Do yourself a favor and move on. It's not worth your time!
Avoid. Horrible.Terrible.
I won't say (Former Employee), Richmond VirginiaJuly 16, 2014
Cons: everything. literally everything.
Were there negative stars to award, I would have. The only reason I awarded 2 stars for compensation is the ability to make a bonus which is nearly impossible to do but still...possible. Corrupt and malicious management, ladders for promotion only given to women. Ask students what they think of the school and you will get the most true, accurate description of this cesspit. Your job security is constantly held over your head and work hours can be changed the day of to make you stay longer making it a very unhappy place. Thank goodness the one on Broad Street has closed; we can only hope the midlothian one does as well and then the entire company. For-profit eduction at it's worst.