Centura Health Employee Reviews in United States

Thornton, CO. Nice staff.
NA (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COApril 16, 2016
Most staff nice.
Very dangerous place to work. Severely understaffed. Another past employer shook head & agreed. "I got out ASAP ."
Yelled at.....unprofessional conduct.
Very sad.
I would encourage anyone to work else where
sadly to say :(
Pros
Overall Nice Staff.
Cons
Very dangerous.
Great Place to Work!
Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 4, 2016
I love management and the job I was doing for them. I went from Centura Connect or Home Health to one of the clinics and management was very professional and caring at both locations. They give employees opportunities to learn different things and help management with interesting projects.
Pros
Advancement, equality, diversity.
Cons
Location might change. You might have to relocate.
Good benifits
Registered Respiratory Therapist, PRN (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 28, 2016
This organization is good to work for and I would recommend it to other health care workers. They pay very competitively and have good benefits.
Good
Medical Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 20, 2016
Good place to work for, fun people and fun atmosphere.

I learned a lot about the medical field from my coworkers and the providers that work here.
You rely a lot on your coworkers to help you through your day.

I love my Manager, she is awesome
Pros
The people
Cons
not many breaks
There is alot of bullying
Acct rep (Former Employee) –  Durango, COMarch 11, 2016
There is a lot of clicks and bullying that goes on in this job. Supervisors lack to support their employees and professionalism. Will never work there again.
Pros
Cons
This place has emplyees that are very combative
Not so good
Home Denver, Colorado Home health care RN (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 10, 2016
Very overworked and underpaid. Salary job and you end up working 60-70 hours per week with work that must be done at home.
Porter Place
Porter Place Retirement & Memory Care (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 3, 2016
This was a great place to work with residents and staff. We had 146 residents (Independent, Assisted, and Memory Care). Best part of the job was working with the residents. Toughest part of the job as the Activities Director was loads of admin duties.
Pros
I had a great Activities Assistant.
Cons
Worked a lot of hours (salary).
It was great when I started 7 years ago
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, COMarch 1, 2016
There has been a lot of leadership change. I am hopeful that things go back to being great when the dust settles. The teamwork within the nursing staff has been great.
Thoroughly enjoy job and have excellent manager; my job is phased out prior to retirement age which is unfortunate, uncertain future
IT Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 28, 2016
Centura Health has been great company to work for up to last 18 months; current position is being phased out.Management on the associate level is awesome. Awesome on the superior level is uncertain. I do aim to seek another position in nursing once my current position is gone.
Pros
Security in large company financially, ability to transfer, overall CEO OK
Cons
Large company 'politics'
Flexible schedule
RN (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 10, 2016
Time off for balance of life was offered. Diverse patient cases. Quality surgeons. Awesome anesthesiologists. Hardest part of job is not getting relieved when shift ends and the super-fast pace of turnover times,
Lots of mandatory overtime
Postpartum RN (Former Employee) –  coloradoFebruary 5, 2016
Worked full time with mandatory overtime for several years that was not used for temporary staffing shortages, but as a staffing tool. Manager's were young and inexperienced. Did not take floor nurse input. Most times changes were made as a surprise. Pay was not comparable to other hospitals in same area.
some what stressful work place
clinical nutrition assistant (Former Employee) –  Avista Adventist Louisville COFebruary 1, 2016
Was a very enjoyable comfortable safe workplace that was patient and staff oriented. Encouraged a culture of compassion empathy and care focusing on core values and patients. Recently it has been focused more on profit and the culture of care and compassion has been replaced with growth.
Lots of work and overtime
Patient Account Lead (Current Employee) –  Centennial, COJanuary 25, 2016
Our company is growing very quickly and we're transitioning to EPIC. It is tedious, detail-oriented work that grants plenty of overtime. The team is good to work with and everyone understands that we all need to work together in order to accomplish our goals. Communication between teams can be lost so it's up to the associates to help each other out and make sure everyone is up to date. Therefore, the positions demand a certain level of autonomy and self assignment.
Pros
learn about health industry and insurance
Cons
disorganization and lack of effective communication
Strong, supportive compnay
Data entry (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 19, 2016
Many opportunities for advancement. Strong upper management support. Enjoyable work environment. Paid holidays and vacations, with a nice 401K options.
Pros
paid holidays, 401K, vacation time
great learning enviroment
Certified nursing assistant (Current Employee) –  Thornton, COJanuary 10, 2016
Great place to learn. The work was hard but very rewarding. I was responsible for helping with resident care. ADLS, vital signs, etc.
Pros
great employes
Cons
not staffed good
they offer good benefits
Office Specialist - 40 hrs (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COJanuary 8, 2016
co-workers were great to work with.
The most enjoyable part of my jobs was interacting with the patients.
The doctors were great to work for, and really cared about the employees
Pros
great benefits
Cons
to much micro-managing
Great equipment
Full time Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 29, 2015
All updated equipment for radiology department. Friendly staff with good benefits. Strong values directed toward patient care. Cafe hours are reasonable.
Horrible place to work!!!!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, CODecember 28, 2015
First off you will only be trained to work the unit you are being hired for such as the rehab unit (unless you are hired on as float pool) but you will still be floated to other units on a regular basis. Management will tell you that all the units are run the same way which is a Huge Fat lie!!! Each unit is run different and the nurses on each unit often get mad at the 'floated' aides for doing things different then what 'their' aides normally do!

Next, if you have a medical problem arise and have to take a leave (even with a doctor note) you are still likely to have corrective action up to termination taken against you because wait for it . . . They don't except doctor releases from work!!!!

In Addition to the above horror, there is a huge turn over rate so as you get connected to your co-workers they are leaving for better jobs with better pay.

Finally, pay is just barley over min wage!!! Without much increase over years of work 😪
Pros
Heath care if you can afford it
Cons
Never time for breaks
mostly enjoyable place to work
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pueblo West, CODecember 9, 2015
My co-workers are great and fun to work with-My management team is great as well. I have learned a great deal from everyone I have worked with.The office started to get very crowded from growth of the company and we hadn't been able to get the building expanded as fast as was needed to accomodate the number of people coming in which caused a lot of difficulties in the office.My job tasks remained pretty much the same day to day,but I did know how to do a variety of things due to the fact that I have done this job for so long.Every once in awhile I was assigned a project that was fun and exciting.
Pros
Free lunches, great benefits.
Cons
breaks are non existant at times
the most enjoyable part of my job
Administrator, Specialty Surgical Practices SAH (Former Employee) –  ColoradoNovember 15, 2015
I loved working with the people that supported the system - those in IT, finance, billing, AP, and those on my team.
I feel that the Adventist side is much more caring toward their teams and are more approachable. The Catholic side is not as friendly and there is often a "throw under the bus" for those at the Director level and higher. I would work for the Adventist side over the Catholic side if given the opportunity.
Definitely an environment of change, which I enjoyed but those that do not like change should avoid working in healthcare.