Century 21 Department Stores Employee Reviews

Productive and fun
Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 24, 2016
Although pay wasn't that well, the environment and staff are great. Management is understanding of personal life and very flexible.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Rude customers due to tourists
Need much, much, restructuring
Loss Prevention Agent (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJSeptember 22, 2016
It is imperative that this flaw is made known to the general: that flaw being, a severe crack in their promotion strategy. They tend to outsource availabie positions instead of circling in on a well-qualified and experienced employee, training them for said position and inserting them into an elevated position, thus eliminating all possible outside contenders and saving much needed time, effort and resources. The management needs much scrutiny and there needs to be some accountability when higher constituencies fail miserably at executing the very same thing they pretend to implement among associates. Maybe then the company will minimize their turnover rate
Pros
Cons
Benefits are lacking, need better method of screening potential applicants.
Fun Work Place
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 22, 2016
it was an amazing experience there. they expect things from you that aren't out of reach. on thing i would say is when they are promoting people the process should be changed
A Very busy store
Cashier/Sales (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 12, 2016
A typical day as a cashier at work would include clocking in, go to your assigned floor and be counted in to your register and then start taking guests. I've learned a lot of patience In century 21. There's a lot of supervisors, managers, cashiers, and team members in this store and the most enjoyable part of this job is the connection that one creates with team members.
Pros
good discount on black clothing from the store for our uniform. free food when it is a holiday.
Cons
short breaks. low income. no healthcare. no job security. no team/manager communication.
Merchandising Team Member (Former Employee) –  Valley Stream, NYSeptember 9, 2016
The hours were phenomenal. It was a great place to learn and build as a person. Everyone was ready to helo each other and advance together. I truly enjoyed working there.
Fast Paced Evironment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  86th StreetSeptember 8, 2016
Century 21 is a great place to achieve team work. Big, spacious environment. Learned how to handle different types of customers inquires, navagation and support in purchases.
Cool
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJSeptember 2, 2016
Don't pay enough and HR department runs mouth way to much. You do a lot of running around have to be looking like your always doing something or they question you.
Pros
Cons
not enough money to be there for 6 hours.
good plaace to work
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 25, 2016
good place to work just bad co-workers. great incentives. pay raise every year. supervisors are not nice. suppose to be 40 hours, but when there is no work they send you home.
it is okay work there.
Merchandising Team member (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYAugust 24, 2016
it is okay if you are looking for your first job at century 21. some time i feel like the management is a little backwards. work there for year now make me want better for my self and anyone else
satisfying
Cashier/Floor Attendant/Dressing Room (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJAugust 22, 2016
I learned that no matter how long someone has been working in a place, its about what you know and how you work. I had pretty easy days, then i came across different people with different attitudes but i kept my composure as i should of at my work place and continued my job.
Wonderful
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fulton, NYAugust 20, 2016
I had a great time working here because the store stayed busy and it was always something to do . The store was a good experience for me showed me how to work at fast pace
good bad days
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 18, 2016
A typical day at the job normally would be rather busy & quiet.Things learned was managing my team better, the proper handling of money on cash floor and cash room procedures.Co-workers was very helpful in my success there on the team showing me the ropes and pros/cons.One of the hardest parts of the day was cash drops during busy hours which stopped cashiers from ringing up due to overloads of cash in registers.One of the most enjoyable was conflict solving was customers who got irate with my cashiers one of my strong points very calm in that area.
Pros
supervising lunch-ins
Cons
not being able to be more helpful to customers due to lack of performance from cashiers
Flexible and fun co-workers
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Lincoln square, new York nyAugust 13, 2016
I worked throughout my entire pregnancy. My co-workers were helpful and supervisor made hours flexible and manageable. I was also able to communicate with my supervisor if I had to do a unexpected change on my schedule and he was very reasonable.
Pros
Flexible with hours
Cons
Low pay, low on stocks
Managers come across as being unprofessional and very discriminating.
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 9, 2016
The managers come across as being very discriminating and unprofessional. They ask for someone with an art or design background only to have an opportunity to hate on others skills and talents. Don't waste your time!
Pros
Nice Clothes
Cons
Haters
Great place to shop
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 2, 2016
Greet customers, help with purchasing of merchandise. Friendly staff members. Find great sales on clothing and household items.
I personally had a wonderful experience with this company, because it offers room for growth and an outstanding reward program.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 28, 2016
Staff meetings about the latest promos. Had fun with the guests, help co-workers and listen to managers. The last minute guest.
Pros
They give free lunch, as well as gift cards and staff parties.
Cons
The hours weren't enough sometimes, and the pay.
Horrible workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 26, 2016
The management is disrepectful/very unprofessional!
They will talk down on you & the moment you decide to speak up for yourself they will fire you or try to annoy the heck out of you until you decide to quit. So many rules & the security are ignorant too.
No growth.
Sales Cashier (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 20, 2016
Century 21 doesn't offer anything to thier employees no matter how long you've worked for this company. Management is horrible, very rude and non helpful. There isn't any growth in the company! As far as the business goes the registers are horrible most of the systems don't work and it's hard to work on equipment that shuts down on you and slows down business. I personally have tried to get into a department I really wanted to get into which was the makeup department. I was instant told no without explanation. I get asked by customers why I don't work in that department and when I try to better myself and go after a passion of mines in a company I've work for ..for about 2 years I'm shunned away? Interesting.Honestly I would recommend this job to highschoolers looking for a part time position but as for FULL time I would avoid this job. It's eventually will turn you into a miserable person after working long hours with little pay and no growth.
Pros
Free holiday lunches, Pay every week
Cons
Short breaks, non helpful Union, horrible management
Okay workplace
Personal Stylist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 17, 2016
Managers were not always around, however, helping guests on the sales floor was my job. I set up appointments with them and sell them clothes.
Pros
Pays weekly, had employee events
Cons
No benefits for PT, no holiday pay
Not that bad.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJJuly 15, 2016
those warehouse abuse of the workers, they make them to do things that they aren't supposed to do, as do the others job or help someone that is not in your working area.

2.7