Century 21 Department Stores

Century 21 Department Stores Employee Reviews

Smile and Dial
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 12, 2015
Calling people and selling to them gave me a rush. Of course people cursed me out, but not everyone. I was really good at my job. All my coworkers were very animated people as well.
No benefits to employees
clerical (Current Employee), Secaucus, NJMay 7, 2015
Cons: short break
I enjoy my clerical work but management does not worry about employees and neither does the union. we have no good benefits for being full time.
productive work place
selling specialist / supervisory work (Former Employee), Paramus, NJMay 5, 2015
Pros: employee appreciation day.
Cons: night closings
check floor clean organize if manager is not around i must act as supervisor and give order to employees.When store opens I must greet customers and help in whatever they might need we must go beyond to help our customers.Management isn't so great there is alot of favortism you just have to do what you have to do in your position.The co workers are great there is amazing teamwork. The hardest part of the job is working saturday nights when you have family at home.the enjoyable part is doing what you love.
I liked working at C21 dept. stores.
Cashier/Sales Representative (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 21, 2015
Pros: Decent break, scenery was wonderful.
Cons: Long days, crowds, being both floor staff and cashier.
Ive learned that I am a people person from this job. It was wonderful asking people if they wanted loyalty cards and communicating with them. It made it seem belieable, not just some person just trying to get money from you. The hardest part of the job would be the crowds that come in and out of the stores and not placing things where they found them. Co-workers were alright; some helped when was needed and others didnt. Management was always there, but never really there.
It Was An Experience....
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 1, 2015
Pros: Discount
Cons: Pay, Inability to change availability
I liked working with my co-workers. But they were not flexible when it came to college students ad their schedule changes.
Poor Management
Corporate Employee (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Great Coworkers
Cons: Benefits, Management, Popularity Contests
A typical day at work consist of constant demand of time with little respect for those "below" them. This company is very "Us versus them". Very unfortunate. There are plenty of great people who work here and don't make the cut off for the popularity contest that goes on daily. I made some great friends, and they are dropping like flies! They need to clean house if they expect to stand a chance against Macy's or any of their rivals. The future of this company is at steak. Their technology is far behind their competition, communication between management and employees is awful, and terrible benefits. If you want to have a future, apply with a company that has stability. When this place gets their priorities straight, Century 21 Department Stores will become a great place to work.
will suck you in and never let you go
Security Guard/Loss Prevention (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 24, 2015
Pros: bonus, monthy raffles
Cons: 30 minute breaks, horrible managers, petty, micro management
ugh horrible, the money is okay and working with fellow agents makes all the difference and friends for life but management is horrible and the micromanaging is insane. headache and write ups left and right for the smallest things
average, work with school schedule if need it
Guest Experience Manager (Current Employee), Rego Park, NYMarch 17, 2015
Cons: benefits
the best part of the job is the people that works there, typical retail experience. there is a lot to learn but your performance is not always reflected in your pay and benefits.
it is family owned company so its more personal.
it is a fun place to work at and everyone is nice.
Sales Associate/Customer service/Stock (Current Employee), Rego Park, NYMarch 3, 2015
Pros: discounts, lunchroom, vending machine
Cons: short breaks, not a great pay
it is highly based on customer service and achieiving goals in sales.Management is nice and works with you in regards to schedules and shift changes. Co-workers are kind and help clean up the areas when it gets messy. We work together and all assist guests when we are available.
Great workplace with interesting experience
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), 22 Cortlandt Street, Brooklyn, NYFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: discounts on the sushi place next door
Cons: n/a
I actually really liked working here, I got to learn a lot about the different currency that many of the customers used. Most of the customers were foreigners but they were so pleasant and many of them came back to shop all the time and always came to my register to chat while I rang up their purchases. Some of my co-workers were fantastic but some of them weren't.
good
Sales Specialist (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 21, 2015
worked for summer youth. not a bad job, good kids, can't complain at all
fun place to work
Shoe Department Manager (Former Employee), Paramus, NJJanuary 20, 2015
Century 21 Dept store is a family business and they treat all their employees like family and they have a great discount and the management team is always there is help and coach the employees
HORRIBLE PLACE TO WORK
Cashier (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: lunch break
Cons: short breaks, slow stores, had to go to lp for everything purchased and to get padded down every time you left the store
Typical Day At Work Was Very Dragged On And Slow, I Learned Bar Code Scanning , Retail Sales Associate / Cashier Who Excels In Fast-Paced, Deadline-Driven Environments. Client-Focused With Broad Knowledge Of Products In Store
Enthusiastic Sales Associate / Cashier Possessing Expertise With In The Clothing Business. Reliable, Punctual And Hard Working. Management Rarely Seen. Co-workers Where Not Always Easy To Work With. Hardest Part Was Trying To Get Customers To Buy Things In A Simple 5 Hour Shift ( Things Priced To High, Store Where A lot Of Foreigners Shopped) Most Enjoyable Part Was Clocking Out.
No comments
SALES CASHIER/ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 15, 2015
Fast paced working environment. Team work is the name of the game at this location.
expanding company with a lot of great ideas for future growth
HR Assistant, Training/Payroll Manager (Current Employee), Westbury, NYJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: overtime
Cons: not enough pay, no vision and poor dental
I come in and check my emails every morning and respond to any issues that need tending to. I also check payroll daily along with dealing with any issues regarding new hires or training. The best part of my job in human resources is that it's never repetitive. I have learned to handle tasks as they come and never to expect things to go a certain way.
Fun Place to work
Sr. Network Architect (Current Employee), Secaucus, NJJanuary 5, 2015
Network Engineer
Management was great
Co-workers we smart and felt like a team
Strange combination of exceptional coworkers and lots of red tape.
Photographer (Current Employee), Secaucus, NJNovember 20, 2014
Pros: get to leave work at work.
Cons: expected to do a lot with little.
This is a company that struggles to adapt. They were slow to enter the eCommerce marketplace and did not fully invest in the concept at first, handicapping their employees' ability to attain annual revenue goals. The trepidation stems from trusting the wrong individuals at the beginning of their website but has persisted much to the frustration of current employees.
it wasn't the right fit for me & school at that time
Sales cashier/ apparel (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYOctober 7, 2014
Pros: location
Cons: not as flexible
i really do not remember that much about century 21 other than that it conflicted with my school schedule,
Fun place to work with co workers.
Stock Clerk/ Sale associate (Former Employee), Rego Park, NYSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: you meet great co workers.
Cons: very low pay.
Management could be better. Pay can be higher, and the union doesn't do much for the workers. The co workers I met help me get trough a days work because everyone work together and made the job easier. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping the guess and seeing a smile on their face.
Great beginnings
Department Manager (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYAugust 25, 2014
My starting position was a stock associate and with the knowledge and skills that I learned from this place, I went on to bigger and better things.
Great associate relationships and encouragement from management staff.

About Century 21 Department Stores

Century 21 Department Store, established in 1961, is legendary for its exceptional offering of the best designers at the best – Read more

Century 21 Department Stores Salaries