Century 21

Century 21 Employer Reviews

n/a
Sales/Cashier (Former Employee), Morristown, NJJanuary 26, 2015
i didnt like working for this company unless i was on the registar
A great place to work
Real Estate Consultant (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 23, 2015
A great work space. Everyone is so attentive and a team like environment.
An alright place to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 23, 2015
Handled cash and credit card transactions
Organized merchandise and maintained store cleanliness
Assisted customers with general inquiries and promoted store membership cards
Responsible for closing shift duties and Code 15’s
assisted managers in updating sections based on season and fashion trends
Great learning experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: great learning experience
Cons: short breaks
I was a part-time cashier in Century 21. My day to day activities included performing transactions, bagging items and ensuring to keep a positive and professional attitude. The people which whom i worked with helped me to grow and lean many new things. The register systems would update every other week and our team would inform one another and learn the system together. This department store in particular was huge so it was impossible to know everyone that you worked with and if you wanted to know the store really well you would have to find time to learn the store on your own. The best part was seeing my customer leave with a smile upon their face.
Productive but slighhlty boring.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Elizabeth, NJJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: getting paid weekly
Cons: short breaks
My typical day consisted of wearing all black uniform like everyone else , coming to work with a smile and helping out the guest. I learned that when you call customers , guest it makes them feel more comfortable. The management was like anywhere else I assume strict but understanding. The hardest part about the job was understanding what the people in charge wanted from you , they didn't make their request understandable. I loved working here I loved all my co- workers and I enjoyed waking up everyday to go to work.
A pleasant work environment.
Licensed Real Estate Agent (Former Employee), Johnson City, New YorkJanuary 19, 2015
The job is commission-based. Many flexible hours are necessary to earn an income.
Uptempo environment, with various task to be completed.
Sales Team Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 19, 2015
Working at Century 21 was a pretty good experience. Everyday as an employee there was a new task for you to focus on, so no two days were really alike. Working mid shift, I would have to quickly get into action, making sure clothing racks were maintained, and that none of the merchandise was misplaced on the floors.
At Century 21, I learned how to properly interact with customers. The store had a variety of promotional deals that employees would present to customers. This helped me interact with the customers frequently and comfortably.
The management at the job wasn't too bad, there were positive and negative aspects. I really liked that there were multiple managers, so they were accessible. On the other hand, this also came with a lack of organization. The hardest part of the job was understanding exactly where the managers wanted you to work; on many occasions, two managers would lack communication, and give different task that they expected you to work on immediately.
The co-workers were another good aspect of the job. We all were young and shared some common interest, so it wasn't hard for any of us to get along, and help each other if needed.
What made the experience enjoyable was that, I got to work in a lot of different sections in the store, so I didn't have the same tasks everyday.
Fun fastpace work environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Elizabeth, NJJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: promotions, pay, overall work environment
Typical day was fun and refreshing, everyone respected everyone and were in sync. I learned how to really work well with others in this company and how to hold myself to a higher standard in such a professionally run establishment. The company influence ambition amongst the staff and there's a clear communication between staff and management. The hardest part at the beginning was opening up to others instead of just being only about my task, but other that it was a opening experience. Working there, you have to be diverse in communicating being though it's near an airport allot of the customers are from all parts of the globe even co-workers.
Somewhat productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 10, 2015
very little knowledge of working on a cash register
store ran as a dictatorship
Enjoy working with new clients on a daily basis and meeting new people,
Realtor/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Garfield Heights, Ohio 44125January 8, 2015
Opening office and setting up office for daily business. Will work overtime and can be called last minute to assist.
The importance of a good attitude and first impressions with customers coming into our office for the first time.
There is nothing hard about my job.
I continue to work as sales agent on part time basis.
Pennsylvania Realtor
Licensed Pennsylvania Realtor (Former Employee), Gettysburg, PAJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: fabulous work enviroment
Cons: declining economy
I enjoyed working with buyers ans sellers in Pa and helping clients fulfill their real estate needs.
Great Place to work depending on what you like to do.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJanuary 4, 2015
If you love the retail experience, Century 21 is a good place to work.
Clothing store
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 4, 2015
Too overwhelming, pay wasn't even good enough for the amount of things they had us doing. Was very dissatisfied with this job, co workers were all over the place it was like being in High School all over again.
Good experience
Sales Associate/Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: uniform, get to meet people from all over the world
Cons: bad pay
i was very excited to work here at first but then when i started working here i just did not like it .We got to where whatever we want as long as it was all black but as far as the pay 8$ a hour they deserve more especially if your working on fulton street .your busy all day , you work with guest who barley speak english but you have to remain friendly and try your best to understand .i just really felt like employees deserved a better pay.
productive
Cashier (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 29, 2014
• Cashed out customers
• Assisted customers in locating items
• Assisted with throw backs on down time
Large office with plenty of space
Realtor and Office Administrator (Former Employee), Covina, CADecember 28, 2014
Great Broker support, very nice training system. There is a monthly breakfast meeting that is very encouraging especially to newer associates.
Century 21
Cashier (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYDecember 22, 2014
My main duty was a cashier. I would come in, my manager would give me my assignment then I would proceed to my duties. My job included customer service and light floor stock. The management team at Century 21 was very organized. I worked with my co workers as a team and that always worked well. The hardest part of my day was when the holidays came around it was super busy. The most enjoyable part was making customers smile.
Work
Sale Associate (Former Employee), Morristown, NJDecember 11, 2014
Century 21 was a great place and to meet new people.I learn about different designs
Productive and fun
Cashier/Floral (Former Employee), Newark, NJDecember 10, 2014
A typical day at work was easy for the most part. I started off as just a floor representative and moved up to cashier. I learned how to fold properly and operate a cash register. Management was nice but there was rarely any need for them unless instructions on what needed to be done was needed. Co-workers were extremely nice. the only part of the job that gave you a hard time and it was rare was the occasional customer with a bad attitude.
Productice and competitive
Real Estate Sales Agent (Former Employee), Seattle, WADecember 10, 2014
Pros: self employment with ability to manage my own time
Cons: took a long time to make consistent profit
It was fun learning how to manage selling and buying homes.
I was working with agents with over 20 years of experience.
It took time for me to land a listing and once I learned the trade, i began making good progress

1 2 3 4 5

About Century 21

Century 21 Department Store is a legendary New York City retailer offering top designer merchandise at incredibly low prices. – Read more