Century 21

Century 21 Employee Reviews

Provide security for Louis Vuitton while looking fancy and speaking in codes
Loss Prevention Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Case Rewards, Respect, Overtime
Cons: Short Breaks, Irregular Schedules, Store Hours
Punch in at 7:15 am sharp in the morning and stand by for the morning meeting with the management. Of course being young and silly as we are, most of the meeting consist of some heart warming laughter, greetings and jokes amidst the seriousness with the co-workers. Once that is done, we go over to our assigned posts and diligently perform our expected security tasks. While rewarding, this job does come with a lot of challenges. One of the primary challenges I've had to face was to keeping up with veteran guards at work who are highly professional in their respected fields. It's almost like a "coming of age" when you do get on the same level as their abilities.
fast pace work environment extreme multi tasking
Head cashier (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJuly 23, 2015
Pros: fast pace work environment
Cons: not enough hours
extensive cash handling and register knowledge. long lines and crowded stores threw out the day. must work fast and accurate. train new associates to be thorough on cash wrap and pull and count till draws. open and close registers for numerous employees
You get what you put in.
Realtor (Current Employee), downeyJuly 22, 2015
Real estate is real estate. You are basically self employed and you get what you put in. For me I was working 10 hour days 6 days a week. However, starting in real estate is always the hardest part. This office really accelerates the new agent process through aggressive training and development of skills.
Average
Sales Associate (Former Employee), new yorkJuly 17, 2015
Pros: A Live place to work at
Cons: short breaks with a little to no support from the managers
Working for century 21 department store was little productive and intense. It was a decent department store with Low pay with short breaks. Not a great environment in terms of energy in a working place. While sometimes employees get a little to no help from the managers.
productive easy work load good for meeting travelers and other tourist
Cashier/ Sales (Former Employee), Bronx, NYJuly 14, 2015
Pros: a lot of nearby stores, convient schedules, fun environment
Cons: working under pressure
worked mostly from 8:15-5:45
I learned good communication skills and customer service. How to work under pressure amongst other things.
Management was easy to talk they came around to see how things were going and were very helpful with my job experience there
Co-workers varied based on were I worked that particular but for the most part they were social and friendly
The hardest part of the job was the pressure of dealing with celebrities or the higher ups when they came to shop because u never want to make mistakes in front of them or leave alarms in there clothing
The most enjoyable part was having a good paying weekly job and feeling a sense of independence
Good place to start in real estate, they are very well known
Call Center Supervisor (Former Employee), Pico Rivera, CAJuly 12, 2015
Pros: good broker
Cons: none
Great place to work great broker, great staff, great hours, location and near freeways, convenient, room for growth, great broker who is very well known and cares about his employees. Salary based
Great work environment with great people
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Woodbridge, VAJuly 11, 2015
Pros: Free lunch, excellent working conditions
Century 21 Customer Service Reps are there to help direct clients to the their desired agent. This was my first job, so I learned many skills, such as work Microsoft programs like Word, Excel and Publisher. As co workers go, I didn't have many as there was never much need for more than one person for the weekend. But the agents in the office were kind and polite, and the management was always available in any situation. The hardest part of the job was the long winter days, where people weren't coming in or calling. The most enjoyable part was the free lunch.
Great Office
Real Estate Agent, C21 (Former Employee), Greenport, NYJuly 9, 2015
Pros: flexiblity
Cons: no health care benefits
My manager was always there day or night to help with any problems that might arise. I really enjoyed working with the people.
productive and friendly envoirnment workplace
Retail associate (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 9, 2015
century 21 is a creative workplace thats friendly to everyone. the mangement is incredible they care about our feelings and was never disrespectful. the co-workers are very hardworking and kept busy.
Not my favorite place to work
Sales associate trained in sales floor maintenance (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 9, 2015
Managers aren't friendly, look and talk down to associates. Do not lead by example, led by verbal orders. Will cut your shift a hour or two before you're scheduled to clock in.
its alright
Cashier (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 7, 2015
I recommend this job for high school and college students, they're very flexible with school schedules. they will work with you to still reach a certain amount of hours you want. when it comes to working, its slave work, the management in there is alright.
Fast-paced, and always busy.
Cashier (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYJuly 7, 2015
People constantly got fired and had only an half-hour lunch break. Management was very confusing being told to stop doing things other managers had said to do.
there are always room for growth
Supervisor (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJuly 7, 2015
Pros: paid vacations
Cons: none
beautiful environment,being the supervisor is have a 20 maximum staff I made the daily week work schedule and listened on conference calls with the district manager and gave my direct imput wish was always appericated
Only good thing I learned here is how to be more calm and control my temper at times, and i made some good friends.
Cashier (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 1, 2015
Pros: flexible hours but you have to be there for a while
Cons: no growth, favoritism
The most enjoyable part of this job is to assist the guests that appreciate your help and those who are patient, and to see the smiles on their faces. Other than that, it is not a comfortable work environment where some guests think that they run the store, and they are the ones who are telling you what to do. The managers barely stick up for you, and tend to the guests every need, which is their job, but some guests will not get their way all the time and they fail to realize that. Little interaction with management, and you have to find your way and find out what works for you.
Worst job ever
Sales Cashier (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 1, 2015
High volume of customers makes the job most challenging. Management love me but I feel they could have done a better job. It seems like they literally hire anyone which was both good (equal opportunity) and bad (bad employees).
Productive and fun work place
Loss prevention (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYJune 30, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: Short breaks, late hours
A typical day at work is having a meeting with my supervisors and co-workers and finding out my schedule for the day. Throughout the day I shift through different post. I stand by my post and greet customers and check customers bags in order to avoid robbery. I also answer phone calls and answer any questions the customers may have about Century 21. By the end of the I close my section of the store and make sure everything is secure and I give out checks to my co-workers. The hardest part of my job is trying to find customers stealing and the most enjoyable part being able to help customers when it is needed.
Real Estate Agent
Licensed Real Estate Agent, Realtor (Current Employee), Panama CityJune 25, 2015
Pros: Good earning potential, social, getting around, flexible
Cons: Bad market, lots of agents, expensive to get started, take time to get started
Hard to get started in this business. 100% commission based. Expensive to start up with licensing, realtor fees, mls, marketing.
The company tries to help and train. Distribute leads.
Flexible work week.
Hard to not be on W2 and never know how much you make.
Front Desk
Checked mail/emails
Co-worker was helpful
Very Poductive
Real Estate Personal Assistant (Former Employee), Walnut, CAJune 24, 2015
Having great co-workers and a great boss is what motivates you daily. I was grateful to have both and learned something new everyday was a great feeling.
Hard to get established.
Affiliated Realtor (Current Employee), Madison, WIJune 24, 2015
Pros: Flexibility in time and income.
Cons: Getting established
The competition is tremendous therefore a new agent is definitely at somewhat of a disadvantage.
I thought the training program was very good. The management is very helpful. Co-workers are the same in any business, some are friendly and helpful and some aren't.
The hardest part of the job is getting clients, which is why you almost always need another job to supplement.
Two things that I find are the most enjoyable is, 1.meeting and helping people, and 2. after the closing is over.