Century 21

Century 21 Employer Reviews

Overall Good
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee), American Fork, UTFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: healthcare, flexible schedule
Cons: short lunch
Typical day of work was answering agents calls and creating their websites, their social media and you tube accounts. I would also help create the agents fliers, business cards etc. I learned how to create great flyers, create great websites and anything to do with social media. I got along with all my co-workers and together we made a great team. The hardest part of the job was not being able to calm the agent down when there was a problem. I loved everything about the Job.
love retail
cashier (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: gained experience
it was fun loved working there love retail the guests were foreign different job placements loved cashiering the workers were cool managers were intact
Extremely hostile environment.
Sales Specialist (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: none.
Cons: everything.
Horrible management, which seems to get away with violating your rights with no recourse. A typical day here is like being imprisoned for DUI. Nothing more to say than that!
assistant to head broker
Office Manager / Assistant (Former Employee), Hoboken, NJFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: great job
Cons: had to leave for sickness
I was the assistant to the head Broker, scheduled appointments, filing, leases, ran the office for other realtor's , typing, phones and all office duties needed.
Productive, great first job experience
Cashier/ Sales associate (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 18, 2015
I don't remember too much about this employer, it was my very first permanent job and I believe it started me on the great customer service path that I have taken.
Fun work place
Sale/ Cashier (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 9, 2015
Great start job , Minimum wage salary, training is easy, . Diverse. Works with any schedule you need. Moving up in the company is very difficult.
If you cannot survive on commissions than this job is not for you.
Real Estate Colonial Properties (Current Employee), CaliforniaFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: get your dream home!!
Cons: missed opportunities can lose your chances of reaching what you want most.
I have been in Real Estate for over 13 years and I truly enjoy helping people fill their Dreams.. After all that is what Real Estate is all about bringing people in reach of having their Dream ...A Home of their own to come home to and be theirs. Where they can create memories and raise there families. I am here if you should need me to assist you or a family, friend, co-worker. Please feel free to contact me if you are ever in need of my help with reaching your Dream of becoming a Home owner. :)
doesnt pay enough for the work you're required to do
Cashier (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 5, 2015
typical jewish company doesnt pay as much as they want you to work although i did enjoy my time there working with my fellow co workers and guest but the company doesnt allow you to work full time
productive and fun to work
sales advisor (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: daily bonus
Cons: short breaks
a typical day at century 21 is very high volume, very fast paste, many customers to attend to. i learned how to work well under pressure, and customer masses. co workers were friendly, helpful, very much like a family. hardest part of the day was getting the sales floor together before the store closes. most enjoyable part of the day was pleasing each customer.
My overall experience
Customer Service (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYFebruary 2, 2015
Century 21 Department Store taught me a lot about diversity, work relations, and policies. The company varied in diversity, they had different ages, gender, religion, and culture, it was beautiful. The amount of diversity showed that people of all kinds can come along to work together for a common goal. Work relations to me means being aware of my actions and attitude in regards to my coworkers' actions and attitude. It is important to understand oneself and another person, especially if working aside them. Century 21 had many polices and I realized why polices are created and enforced, this made me understand how conflicts and confusion can be eliminated before it takes place.
Nice Company with a Professional Environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Irvine, CAJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: there is a lot of training available here.
Cons: want more assisting or experience doing more agent related things.
I started at this company as an assistant to a busy agent who decided to take some time off since she was having her second child. She liked me so much that she recommended me to the owner of the company who had a position in mind that was given to me. I like the position but my passion is in becoming a real estate agent and showing properties. I loved the assisting position too. I just got my license the end of December and am looking for a job with a base salary and the potential of making commission on top of that so was thinking of assisting again or being a seller's agent.

I have learned how to navigate MLS, Outlook, Keep Track of Past Clients and Keep Reminders to contact them again. I have created Excel Spreadsheets and cleaned up agent's Past Client Number's Analyzers. I have worked on Winforms, Flyers, Postcards, Checklists of New Listings, Showings and everything that is needed for a transaction.

My co-workers are very nice and helpful.

Hardest part of the job is that I want to gain more experience out in the field rather than my current admin position.

Best part of my job is that I work with a professional group of people that I get along with but I get along with everyone.
n/a
Sales/Cashier (Former Employee), Morristown, NJJanuary 26, 2015
i didnt like working for this company unless i was on the registar
A great place to work
Real Estate Consultant (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 23, 2015
A great work space. Everyone is so attentive and a team like environment.
An alright place to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 23, 2015
Handled cash and credit card transactions
Organized merchandise and maintained store cleanliness
Assisted customers with general inquiries and promoted store membership cards
Responsible for closing shift duties and Code 15’s
assisted managers in updating sections based on season and fashion trends
Great learning experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: great learning experience
Cons: short breaks
I was a part-time cashier in Century 21. My day to day activities included performing transactions, bagging items and ensuring to keep a positive and professional attitude. The people which whom i worked with helped me to grow and lean many new things. The register systems would update every other week and our team would inform one another and learn the system together. This department store in particular was huge so it was impossible to know everyone that you worked with and if you wanted to know the store really well you would have to find time to learn the store on your own. The best part was seeing my customer leave with a smile upon their face.
Productive but slighhlty boring.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Elizabeth, NJJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: getting paid weekly
Cons: short breaks
My typical day consisted of wearing all black uniform like everyone else , coming to work with a smile and helping out the guest. I learned that when you call customers , guest it makes them feel more comfortable. The management was like anywhere else I assume strict but understanding. The hardest part about the job was understanding what the people in charge wanted from you , they didn't make their request understandable. I loved working here I loved all my co- workers and I enjoyed waking up everyday to go to work.
A pleasant work environment.
Licensed Real Estate Agent (Former Employee), Johnson City, New YorkJanuary 19, 2015
The job is commission-based. Many flexible hours are necessary to earn an income.
Uptempo environment, with various task to be completed.
Sales Team Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 19, 2015
Working at Century 21 was a pretty good experience. Everyday as an employee there was a new task for you to focus on, so no two days were really alike. Working mid shift, I would have to quickly get into action, making sure clothing racks were maintained, and that none of the merchandise was misplaced on the floors.
At Century 21, I learned how to properly interact with customers. The store had a variety of promotional deals that employees would present to customers. This helped me interact with the customers frequently and comfortably.
The management at the job wasn't too bad, there were positive and negative aspects. I really liked that there were multiple managers, so they were accessible. On the other hand, this also came with a lack of organization. The hardest part of the job was understanding exactly where the managers wanted you to work; on many occasions, two managers would lack communication, and give different task that they expected you to work on immediately.
The co-workers were another good aspect of the job. We all were young and shared some common interest, so it wasn't hard for any of us to get along, and help each other if needed.
What made the experience enjoyable was that, I got to work in a lot of different sections in the store, so I didn't have the same tasks everyday.
Fun fastpace work environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Elizabeth, NJJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: promotions, pay, overall work environment
Typical day was fun and refreshing, everyone respected everyone and were in sync. I learned how to really work well with others in this company and how to hold myself to a higher standard in such a professionally run establishment. The company influence ambition amongst the staff and there's a clear communication between staff and management. The hardest part at the beginning was opening up to others instead of just being only about my task, but other that it was a opening experience. Working there, you have to be diverse in communicating being though it's near an airport allot of the customers are from all parts of the globe even co-workers.
Somewhat productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 10, 2015
very little knowledge of working on a cash register
store ran as a dictatorship

1 2 3 4 5

About Century 21

Century 21 Department Store is a legendary New York City retailer offering top designer merchandise at incredibly low prices. – Read more