Century 21 Employee Reviews in United States

good company
Sales Person (Former Employee) –  Pico Rivera, CAApril 26, 2016
very good company can make a lot of money they help you a lot when selling a home learned about the real estate industry typical day is spent looking for new client
Interesting
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYApril 24, 2016
Interesting job. Never boring. Expectations were clear. The pay was great and the work given was not too hard. Had plenty of rest time and everyone was friendly. Supervisors were great.
long work hours with no benefits, very reasonable scheduling
Loss prevention (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn,New YorkApril 23, 2016
Greeting guests as they enter and exit.
Coded language between staff.
Managers are always available to assist with any situations.
Co-workers work together or by themselves to achieve a common goal.
Using CCTV to distinguish internal and external shoplifting.
Fixed schedule makes the job very enjoyable, knowing your hoursare set.
cashier
cashier (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJApril 21, 2016
It was a great work experience for me i had the pleasure of getting to know somethings about the fashion industry everyone was nice which made work more fun
Hard to get started
Realtor (Former Employee) –  Valrico, FLApril 11, 2016
Not much I can say because stay in business was only a year. But everyone I worked with was great. Learned a lot from management but needed a steady paycheck
poor
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Wailea, HIApril 8, 2016
phones and internet constantly down and in need of repair. copier charges for print jobs that never occurred. a real rip-off environment.
Pros
some good agents
Cons
some bad apples
Very Stessful
Office/Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MOApril 8, 2016
Took over work being done by 2 people with compensation for one.
Broker did not believe in raises, only bonus if income was at a certain amount. Rarely ever made it. No benefits were given, even no vacation pay.
Pros
Hours were flexible.
Cons
No benefits - no Vacation pay or sick days.
Awesome place of employment
Broker Assoicate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCApril 5, 2016
Great atmosphere, co workers were extremely helpful, classes were given weekly to help further your career, always provided leads to bring in clientele and opportunities to bring in and educate consumers on the market
Pros
Great environment
Cons
commission only
decent place to gain in experience in the field
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 2, 2016
Protects store property, employees and customers. Performs rotating tasks on the store's fixed posts (i.e. customer doors, camera room, shipping, employee package room, etc.). Handles customer incidents and provides customer service. Apprehends shoplifters or dishonest employees. Conducts fire safety and selling floor audits. Monitor and manage telephone operator services.
#1 Century 21 World Wide for 3 years in a row
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Crown Point, INMarch 29, 2016
Very busy fast pace and fun place two work.
Enter all real estate transactions into the accounting system
Enter all payables into the accounting system
Do check deposits electronically
All the agents are great
Pros
Monday through Friday
Cons
my drive
Greatest Place to Work
Real Estate Broker (Former Employee) –  Webster, NYMarch 25, 2016
It was the greatest place to work. It was like going over to a family members house and working. The people and brokers were great. Unfortunately the partnership dissolved and the doors closed. It was one of the best places to work
Pros
Best Time of my Life!
Cons
Partnership Dissolved
Agood place is you need steady work and income
Receiving Lead (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJMarch 23, 2016
I was a receiving lead, and handled incoming freight. Offload trucks and distribute to corresponding departments. Most days are busy and makes the day go by fast.
interesting workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 22, 2016
very fast pace and busy. very interesting with multiple departments. the management was very productive with minimal mistakes
Pros
decent work hours
Cons
always floating to a new department
Easygoing yet slow at times
Personal Stylist (Former Employee) –  Rego Park, NYMarch 20, 2016
A typical work day would include punching in a preparing to hit the sales floor. Once on the sales floor my entire shift would consist of walking around and looking for customers to assist. The hardest part of my job would be on extremely slow days where there were barely any customers. That would mean that I would have to walk around for hours not being able to help anyone.
Cons
Short Breaks
Also RE/MAX, Realty Executives, Coldwell Banker; Positive, Friendly, Fun Attitudes
Realtor (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 13, 2016
In the beginning, I had very little to no professional training as a new agent by management, I worked a lot of hours without being as productive as I could due to my lack of knowledge. 3 months after I began working with Century 21, the company was purchased by ERA. After working with ERA for an additional 16 months, I was recruited to join RE/MAX. During my interview with the RE/MAX broker, I learned more about selling real estate during that 20 minutes than I had the entire 1 1/2 years prior. Years later I relocated to another RE/MAX location in the KC metro area. After that, I worked in property management with a Coldwell Banker agent, then to a couple smaller companies that went out of business during the crash, ending up at Realty Executives on a major team in the KC metro area where I remained for another 2 years. My license has been inactive most of the time after that. I intend on keeping my license as I worked hard to obtain and keep it, but will use it for personal investments only.
Pros
Fun, helped many people, challenging, and I always stayed busy!
Cons
The pay was not steady, so difficult to build reserves and many times it was feast or famine
Terrible!!!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 11, 2016
Great products, mean staff from the head straight back to the sales associates there and horrible pay. You don't even get enough time for a lunch break.
Excellent Company
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Caldwell, IDMarch 11, 2016
Great hourly wage and flexibility hour schedule. Learned a lot of management skills and helped development my labor experience. Every opportunity taken for better skill building. Enjoyed working for a company that was able to help me gain experience.
productive work place
Client coordinator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 10, 2016
Great company to work for . very family orientated , i enjoyed working with all the agents . They were always professional and friendly.
Pros
work lunches
Cons
short breaks
cool workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 2, 2016
this job was average. no special things were taught that i already didn't know. the coworkers were cool they were friends and we did get a lot of celebrities .
Encouraging Environment
Administrative Assistant/ Sales Person (Former Employee) –  Eastchester, NYMarch 1, 2016
A very diverse place to work.. Nice people, very motivated and full of life. I learned a lot about sales and working with people in general. You come across many different professions in real estate and develop a great respect for many of them.
Pros
Special events, luncheons, bonuses
Cons
Working non stop