Century 21 Employee Reviews

Found 1,124 reviews matching the search
A toxic work environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 7, 2016
The Management takes advantage of their staff, and will continue to make unreasonable requests, demanding that people sacrifice their lunch, work past their scheduled times, and put in hours of extra work for zero extra pay.

Their is almost no room to advance in a career here as almost all openings are filled with outside hires. Any good will or praise that has been earned will be washed away with a single mistake.

Store Managers do not appreciate the hard work of their staff as they are all seen as easily replaceable.
Professional and corporate environment with "small company feel"
Broker Associate (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FloridaJanuary 4, 2017
You will be as successful as YOU choose to be while employed at Century 21 Tenace Realty (Coral Springs, Florida- United States).
What you earn at the end of the year (salary wise), is strictly up to you. Wonderful support staff and excellent management will help you along the way to truly be successful.
Pros
Work your own schedule as a general contractor
Cons
Must purchase health insurance out of pocket
Requires an existing Sphere-of-Influence
Texas Realtor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 30, 2017
I strived to establish a productive sphere of influence within the San Antonio area for two years. Century 21 was very supportive in management, office space, training, and culture. However, living overseas for forty years provided a huge sphere of influence overseas, not locally.
Pros
#1 Reality in the world
Cons
Needs lots of people
Ownership has it's privileges
Strategic Manager / Agent Assistant (Current Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIJanuary 23, 2017
Never dull, always thinking and focused on making it happen. You talk to many people from many different careers, backgrounds and cultures. You play a major role in the goals, dream and lives of families.
Pros
Helping others
Cons
Research and continuing education
Very interesting
Real Estate Agent (Former Employee) –  Sayre, PAJanuary 1, 2017
Many long hours invested in meeting with potential sellers and buyers. The area I live in is very small and had 138 other Realtors making it more difficult to make a living than I thought it would. I missed almost all of my sons schools events. I was awarded Century 21's high award twice,
Pros
Learning how to do a home inspection
Cons
no benefits
Instructive and well informed business owner.
Loan Originator/Real Estate Realtor (Current Employee) –  Huntington Park, CAAugust 15, 2016
Excellent business for goal driven, self motivated individuals. The daily work experience varies depending on productivity but a busy agent/loan originator will have daily prospecting, follow up and great productivity. In regards to management, it is a great group of well informed, reliable group. Although, you do have fellow colleagues as a real estate agent, interaction in daily business is minimal unless you have a common transaction. Where constant interaction does occur is a NMLS loan originator. The agent and loan originator work as a team to best serve their clients and make the real estate transaction as smooth as possible. The thrill of the job comes from accomplishing something most clients don't expect, eg....closing a transaction that appears un-doable. Structuring a loan properly so that your clients can buy the home they deserve.
Pros
Flexibility in work schedule, endless opportunities to grow your business
Cons
Healthcare-none, Benefits-none, unpredictability of the business
Encouragement
Under Contract Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Midvale, UTAugust 7, 2016
The owner of Century 21 Everest was always making time to talk to you one on one and help you be self motivated. Inspired you to work hard, and never quit, to not settle for anything less than perfect. Itv was a very uplifting environment to work in. The only time I didn't love coming to work is when Management started to change, that's when I started to see the company slowly losing people. I still have nothing but love and respect for the people at Century 21. They built me into who I am today, made me stretch and grow in ways I didn't expect, and build some great friendships.
Pros
Lots of parties and fun meetings
Cons
Slow turn around rate
Quality experience through disorganized
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Ames, IAFebruary 6, 2017
This was an unpaid internship and I learned many things about marketing in the real estate business. The job culture was very warm and welcoming but the compensation for an intern is nothing.
Pros
learned a lot
Cons
doesn't pay
It is an awesome feeling helping people find their dream home.
Licensed Real Estate Agent (Current Employee) –  Midland, MISeptember 23, 2016
I love real estate because you meet so many great people. I have learned so much from everyone and every day meets new challenges. My management team is great and we have lots of tools to use to grow our business.
Pros
It is always a new adventure, great people to work with.
Cons
No benefits, very unpredictable market and profitability.
Productive and fun place to work!
Office Coordinator/Realtor (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHJanuary 31, 2017
I was on my own to do my work. The owners trusted me and had confidence in me that I work get the job done and I did! I was there for 13 years. It was a very good job, i enjoyed working with all the realtors and people that came in. I learned how to deal with different types of personalities, and also about organization and attention to detail. It was a business structure, but not stuffed shirt type! The hardest part of the job was doing the 1099's!!! The most enjoyable part of the job was being part of an organization where you know you were appreciated and needed!
Pros
Clean place to work, had a kitchen also.
Cons
No health care or benefits.

Want to know more about Century 21?

Ask a question
A Place where you have your own schedule
Real Estate Agent (Current Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLNovember 16, 2016
Century 21 Real Estate LLC (CENTURY21.com) is comprised of approximately 6,900 independently owned and operated franchised broker offices in 78 countries and territories worldwide with more than 101,000 independent sales professionals. The CENTURY 21® System provides brand marks, marketing, communications and innovative technology solutions that help enable its franchisees and their independent agents to attract and engage prospects, nurture customers, and deliver a positive real estate transaction experience.My company CENTURY 21 Wieder Realtor is great place to work but I get pay by commission and I need a salary to be able to pay my bills every month.
Pros
Exellent place to work
Cons
Payment is basic of commission
Very flexible
Licensed Real Estate Broker/Realtor (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCNovember 21, 2016
Great company and culture...the owner is very involved with the agents and provides training and coaching. Overall positive environment. A career in real estate is what you make of it.
Fast paced enviroment with exceptional co-workers
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake Elsinore, CAOctober 19, 2016
A typical work day would consist of many incoming and outgoing calls, data entry, follow up on short sales, listings and house inspections as well as loan documents. Management trusted me to complete assignments timely and without errors. My co-workers were all team players and we worked well together. The hardest part of my day was leaving at the end of the day and turning my brain off to enjoy my family time. The most enjoyable part of my day was the completion of a short sell and documents which helped a family end one chapter and start a new one.
Pros
Office was close to home and I was able to work from home when needed.
Cons
Face paced enviroment caused the day to go so quick
fun job
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Geneva, NYNovember 4, 2016
was a great job putting up signs and fixing up apartments up to codes,yard work etc, run errands drive company truck very easy go in job it was only temp cause i was under the table job
Pros
great job
Cons
under table no raises
Management was unforgiving, even at the slightest distraction
Seasonal Sales (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 24, 2017
I learned how to talk and interact with difficult individuals in a polite and well mannered way, I also learned the value of fast paced sales during the holidays, the most enjoyable parts had to be stocking the high shelves using the ladder, management would scold if they caught you walking even slightly out of where you were stationed, regardless of helping a customer or not.
Pros
Your own lunch schedule, reasonable hours
Cons
Unreasonably high expectations
Productive and fun workplace
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXSeptember 19, 2016
Great place to work. Many of the employees and management staff have been there for years. We received many leads. Fun, friendly environment.
Pros
Work-Life balance, many leads, good employees
Cons
could use better communication between front desk and agents
busy place to work at
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Reidsville, NCFebruary 1, 2017
a typical day at work requires me to take rent money greet the public and answer phones. I learned how to use technology for posting listings online. The management was great, very nice people. The hardest part of the job was to get things done while we were busy, such as, If I was doing online stuff, someone would come in paying rent and I would have to stop what I was dong to help them. Other than that it was an easy job.
Pros
free lunch, great people
Cons
not enough hours
Century 21 SELA Work Place
Associate Broker (Current Employee) –  Metairie, LASeptember 15, 2016
This brokerage is undergoing revitalization as it has just changed from Realty Executives since March. It offers a number of training opportunities, along with outstanding management and administrative support. A typical day is not relevant to the office as each of us are Independent Contractors, and do not need to be at the office. However, any time assistance or consultation is needed, either or both Corporate partners and administrative staff stand ready to provide professional feedback and/or direction.
Pros
Conference rooms for clients, training for agents; and professional support;
Cons
Still new in transition, and improving.
Productive and high energy places to work
Real Estate Agent (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDDecember 8, 2016
Real estate was a great job. It was very demanding but also very rewarding.

I was only in the field for a few months when our broker/owner decided to sell us to another company and left town without telling us. The new company had too many realtors for their office space so we had to come in after regular business hours to use their equipment or work from home so that made it hard to stay on top of your game. Since it was a large company and their wasn't much training offered, I decided to go to a much smaller company to find that they didn't have the advertising budget or training either. I would still be in the real estate field today if I hadn't gone through a divorce in the middle of my career. I think it is still a lucrative line of business but it has it's costs even if you don't make money each month so it's good to have a savings account or a spouse with a steady job to ride out the market fluctuations.

It was such a wonderful feeling to be able to put people into a house that they wanted. The pride of home ownership. Real estate was my 1st and only actual career, not just another job. Even when you have a broker/owner you are still your own boss and its a fun business to be involved in.

The hardest part is to constantly be looking for new clients and having a backup plan if your sales don't close at the last minute. Plus traveling to take continuing education classes and stay current on listings. Real estate has fees every month in order to stay in business.
Pros
You are your own boss/set your own goals, great money
Cons
Everything costs whether you make a sale or not, need to afford your own insurance and benefits
Self Motivated
Licensed Realtor (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAJanuary 27, 2017
Typical day was to review the updated MLS to see what was new and if any of the new listings would benefit your client.
I learned how to work with many different personalities.
The workplace culture was all about helping one another and having fun.
The hardest part of the job was building up your cliental.
Seeing the excitement and joy of peoples faces when you found the home of their dreams.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Century 21. Our community is ready to answer.