Century College Employee Reviews in United States

student
Student (Former Employee) –  White Bear Lake, MNDecember 5, 2015
The learning environment was excellent. I enjoyed my teachers and they were willing to go to any length to make sure I understood the material. So I could be successful in my career as a designer.
Fun, easy-going job with good pay. This work was like a hobby!
Grounds Keeper (Former Employee) –  White Bear Lake, MNNovember 12, 2015
Get in in the morning prep mowers, weed-whackers, and other equipment then after that get on the trash vac and pick up trash around the campus. After trash duty, the grass/lawns and the general landscape of the campus would be the main focus for the rest of the day.
Convenient
administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  White Bear Lake, MNNovember 5, 2015
Convenient to live and work in close proximity. Lovely community. Perks at 3 years for many employees. Secure employment, for the most part, once past 6 month probation. Unions represented.
Pros
Credit waiver, decent healthcare, location
Cons
Difficult to instill change at institution, outdated processes, cliquish
Fun, outgoing bunch of people
Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  White Bear Lake, MNSeptember 2, 2015
a great way to work and go to school
management was very nice, respectful and encouraging
coworkers were very outgoing and easy to work with
the hardest part of the job was leaving them
Pros
exciting office, very helpful to students in all situations
very Convenient work environment
Tutor Linked (Former Employee) –  White Bear Lake, MNAugust 17, 2015
As a student, I had the great oppotunity to master time management which is a great skill to have at any job. It is also a very diverse environment which gives you the experience of working with people from different cultural or ethnic backgrounds.
Its alright...
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  White Bear Lake, MNJuly 9, 2015
Great place to work, however don't expect to get paid much... Culture is what you would expect of a college, except when your treated not like faculty and still as a student, it gets akward...
Peer Tutoring here was great experience.
Public speaking tutor (Former Employee) –  White Bear Lake, MNJuly 7, 2015
Good co-workers and students! I was a public speaking tutor for Century College and the most rewarding thing was seeing students confidence grow before giving their speeches.
friendly and enriching experience
❸ Greenhouse Intern (Former Employee) –  White Bear Lake, MNJune 22, 2015
Learned a variety of work-related tasks from instructors while going to college. Flexible schedule, friendly atmosphere, great for networking.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
only part-time is available
Good introduction to the tech support atmosphere.
Student Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  White Bear Lake, MNMay 3, 2015
This was a volunteer position I accepted while I was taking classes at Century College. The job mostly consisted of helping students with password issues and connecting personal laptops to the school's network.
Productive and fun environment to work and learn in.
Clinical Radiology Technology Student, Full-Time (Former Employee) –  White Bear Lake, MNJanuary 21, 2015
Everyday was different at Century College.

I received my Associates in Arts Degree and completed 4 semesters of the Radiologic Technology program.

Students and teachers made this an enjoyable environment to work and study in.
Exciting Career choice, serving others is my passion.
Culinary Arts (Former Employee) –  White Bear Lake, MNSeptember 9, 2014
I've learned to manage a team of staff under my supervision. Learning too be a team leader became a tool that I learn to embrace. Cooking, catering serving is my passion.
Pros
growing career
Cons
not been able to please everyone.
Excellant work place, they value employees
Career Services Intern (Current Employee) –  White Bear Lake, MNAugust 15, 2014
Strong professional organization, very encouraging work environment.
A place for long term employment
Customer service (Former Employee) –  White Bear Lake, MNJuly 2, 2014
Solid place to work if you are committed. Room for advancement.
benefits
Cons
occasional unreliable fellow employees
Excellent Job and career starting point.
Public Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  White Bear Lake,MNMay 19, 2014
This was an excellent job starting out in the field of criminal justice and the state benefits are some of the best around
Fun and laid back back
Staff (Former Employee) –  White Bear Lake, MNJanuary 13, 2014
I worked as a staff at the Connection. A typical day for me is getting the money from the business office and setting up the Connection for the day. I unlock the doors and make the popcorn. I make sure everything is stock and clean. Through out the day I do a lot of data entry, guiding them about where to find certain offices or the library, answer phone calls, sell food and tickets, and other side projects that are given.
I learned that even though I'm a student in a very laid back environment, there are times during different situations when I have to take the initiative to be the authoritative figure. For example, when a student damages an equipment or when there is a dispute between two or more students.
The hardest part part of my job was working with my co-workers. Since we were all students and we knew almost everyone who hung out around the area, it was very hard for my co-workers to be strict about the policies. They often times bend it for their friends and it took a while to talk to them about it.
The most enjoyable part about this job all the people you get to meet and the great connections to get to create with other staffs and faculties! I met so many wonderful people and made lots of new friends. Also, I was able to feel comfortable around my boss and express how I feel because he takes it into consideration.

If this was not a student worker job, I would never leave this job at all!
Pros
all the food we sell are free to us, we are able to do homework while on the clock, job hours are flexible to our needs
Cons
can only work 20 hours max a week
Professional educational setting
Customer service (Former Employee) –  White Bear Lake, MNJanuary 9, 2014
scanning documents, registration, switchboard operator, receptionist
Love Century College!
Cashiers, Cooks, Chefs, Prep Cook & Barista (Former Employee) –  white bear lake, mnJanuary 9, 2014
The Staff were amazing and working @ the college was fun, getting to know the students.
Supplemented and updated my visual communications skills and knowledge
Student (Former Employee) –  White Bear Lake, MNNovember 14, 2013
Overall, this was an excellent experience to help me change careers back to what I enjoy doing most in the printing, publishing and video industries.

My classes included:
Principles of Digital Communications I
Design Basics
Digital Imaging
Electronic Publishing I
Pros
experienced teachers and making career connections
Cons
work load and access to technology for assignments
Great and friendly place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  White Bear Lake, MNJune 24, 2013
Talked to many students on the phone, through email, and also face-to-face. Helped them with any questions or issues they were having when it came to their Financial Aid. I learned many different skills such as problem solving, computer programs, and being a team player. I really enjoyed all of my coworkers and how well we all got along. At times I would have to deal with angry students or parents but I would take control of the situation and get everything resolved.
Pros
working with people and learning new things
Cons
was only a student worker
Metoring
International Student Mentor (Former Employee) –  White Bear Lake, MNMay 24, 2013
As a mentor I had few students (mentees) to take care of. Each week I contacted them and made sure they are doing good and that they are taking care of. Each month there was an event for all the international students to attend and to interact with each other and make friends. Each mentor had to attend organizational meetings on how to improve the program. Most enjoyable part of the job was to meet new students form all arts of the world and become friends.

4.3