CENTURY ENGINEERING Employee Reviews in United States

Engineering office
Surveyor/Drafter/Inspector (Former Employee) –  Dover, DENovember 6, 2014
Typical day is working with other engineers, surveyors, state agencies, and customers to complete projects. Use drafting programs to complete construction plans, complete various reports, cost estimates, submit projects to state, government, county agencies for approval.
Pros
good co-workers
Cons
work load can be hit or miss
Great benefits and lots of room for growth
senior inspector/ book keeper (Former Employee) –  Dover, DESeptember 9, 2014
This was the first time I ever worked along with DelDOT. I learned a lot about construction and had an excellent opportunity to improve my computer skills. Every day started at 7am and went till 4pm. I had a pleasurable expierence with the co workers I worked with. The benefits were outstanding at this job. The gave me a vehicle to use as well as a laptop and cell phone. So the level of trust this company puts in you is amazing.
Pros
vehicle, cell phone, laptop
Cons
construction isnt the most exciting when ur watching it and not doing it.
management was very dependable on backup
Lead Inspector (Former Employee) –  Baltimore,MDJuly 20, 2013
Worked in Carroll county public works department overseeing several inspectors on new construction of water and sewer transmission lines.
Pros
close to home
Disfunctional Heaven
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Hunt ValleyFebruary 8, 2013
This is what happens when someone purchases 4 companies in 7 years and tries to combine everyone into one big happy company. Upper management is a ludicrous and everyone is looking out for themselves. Be careful what is promised to you, it may be something completely different than reality. Technology and support is terrible. Very difficult place to work, enjoy and grow. There is an extremely high turnover rate and don't expect to the company to stick by you when the chips are on the table.
Pros
pay is appropriate or better than some companies.
Cons
healthcare will cost you big.